Enjoy the Year of the Pig with this Bundle

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Vitezpomijar #21 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43047 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S
Any plans to buf Type 62 it's pure garbage even in top tier match..

Badz360 #22 Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19067 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-

Not that I think this is a ‘good’ option, but would be marginally better than the ‘nothing’ being offered to those players that have already supported you by buying one or both of the tanks.

if I go into game and sell my Chinese premium for silver (or trade, but that might’ve finished now). Then after that go and buy this package - do I get the tank back, and at least some additional silver?

Pretty sh*tty way to treat those pkayers that have financially backed you in the past, but after a promising start to the year - I guess not everyone on-board with the trying to treat the paying player base a little better. Trust the old guard to turn something that should be great deal into a sh*t-show (for some players).

eekeeboo #23 Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:47 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 47034 battles

View PostEliteMeidling, on 05 February 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

Then don't write "€130 €80", which is obviously misleading the customer.

It's not misleading if that's the price and that's what you get. The items being free and on top of, not being purchased. Meaning you're not being compensated with gold for the money you're spending. The money you're spending is on the premium, not the tanks. 

View PostCobra6, on 05 February 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

But lets say I have more then enough gold for the premium time but I want to spend that gold on this package to also get the tank?

Why do I have to pay you (WG) twice (once for the gold and now again for the premium time + tanks). Why can't you make these kinds of offers available for money but also for gold like Armored Warfare does (for instance).

Cobra 6

In this particular instance you would get more than the value you pay in gold by a LONG way, no? 
13:47 Added after 0 minutes

View PostEliteMeidling, on 05 February 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

Then don't write "€130 €80", which is obviously misleading the customer.

It's not misleading if that's the price and that's what you get. The items being free and on top of, not being purchased. Meaning you're not being compensated with gold for the money you're spending. The money you're spending is on the premium, not the tanks. 

View PostCobra6, on 05 February 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

But lets say I have more then enough gold for the premium time but I want to spend that gold on this package to also get the tank?

Why do I have to pay you (WG) twice (once for the gold and now again for the premium time + tanks). Why can't you make these kinds of offers available for money but also for gold like Armored Warfare does (for instance).

Cobra 6

In this particular instance you would get more than the value you pay in gold by a LONG way, no? 

WoT_RU_Doing #24 Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57849 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
Two of the best premium tanks in the same offer, but no interest to me I'm afraid. Have both the tanks already, and my premium account expires in April 2022.

Cobra6 #25 Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16517 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Posteekeeboo, on 05 February 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

No. Because the value of this package would be the gold value associated with the price you pay in the store?

So for paying that price you'd get the premium account (normal gold price) + 1 or 2 tanks.

Or am I missing something?

Cobra 6

Homer_J #26 Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32412 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posteekeeboo, on 05 February 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

Not if you already own the tanks.

The problem I see is you are advertising the tanks as a free gift then including their value in the discount.  If they are free then they have a value of 0.  You should do one or the other, especially since anyone who owns one or both tanks isn't getting the full package.

EliteMeidling #27 Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 453 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

View Posteekeeboo, on 05 February 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

WG is so awesome at shop-offer-individualisation (early access for premium account holders etc), so how about not showing that one only to players who don't have any of these tanks to prevent others from "saving" €50 on hot air pixels?

also I'd love to meet the marketing genius that came up with the idea for an offer where people are allowed to spend money for €50 of nothing. slick move :teethhappy:

CyberRage #28 Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2124 battles
How about a Type 59 sale???

Makotti #29 Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15291 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Important: If you already own the Type 62 and/or the WZ-120-1G FT and buy this package, you will not receive any gold compensation for these tanks. Note that you will still receive their crews and garage slots though.

Well, this is just pissing the old customer in the eye. If you'd enable gold compensation I think it wouldn't be that much negative impact on cash flow, but now this is just completely ignoring the players who have *gasp* spent money earlier.

EliteMeidling #30 Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 453 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

sorry, but cant help but feel like there's legally still some sort of discimination included in this (otherwise technically good) offer. and like in a dumb way. done by someone who doesnt know how the market or finances work. maybe thats sth to expect coming from ex-(/future-)soviet country companies, but it feels so blatantly dumb I cant wrap my head around it yet.

BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE !!!!!*

*unless you already have one, then you just buy one more for the regular price.

Gardar7 #31 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:26 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23938 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
My premium account expired and I wanted to buy both of these tanks in the past but I've lost my interest in the Chinese tech tree. Sold my 121 long ago, and I stopped at tier 5 with the TD line. I have time to play about 1-2 times per week, only for some hours, so premium account is not really worth it. Logically I shouldn't buy this package, but looking at these two great tanks and the premium time on this good price made me starting to think about it... I still have some days to decide.

Infaustus1903 #32 Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31254 battles
  • [SA-AS] SA-AS

Honestly, I was planning to extend my premium account cause its about to expire in a few days. So, I was thinking to buy 180 days premium but I noticed that 360 days + 2 chinese pre.tank is almost same price with 180 days acc when I compare them as monthly cost. That’s actually means 2 nice Chinese premium tank coming for free. Thanks WG, nice bundle. I’ve bought the bundle..

Edited by Infaustus1903, 06 February 2019 - 03:12 PM.

eekeeboo #33 Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:49 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 47034 battles

View PostCobra6, on 05 February 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

No. Because the value of this package would be the gold value associated with the price you pay in the store?

So for paying that price you'd get the premium account (normal gold price) + 1 or 2 tanks.

Or am I missing something?

Cobra 6

View PostHomer_J, on 05 February 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

Not if you already own the tanks.

The problem I see is you are advertising the tanks as a free gift then including their value in the discount.  If they are free then they have a value of 0.  You should do one or the other, especially since anyone who owns one or both tanks isn't getting the full package.

The person will receive the full value of what they purchase with a discount, but not the full discount because the price discounted is on the main item, not the vehicles. It is questionable as a business to start compensating the free items in a discount. If a person did receive the gold compensation then this would be somewhat beyond good value for money. 

View PostEliteMeidling, on 05 February 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

WG is so awesome at shop-offer-individualisation (early access for premium account holders etc), so how about not showing that one only to players who don't have any of these tanks to prevent others from "saving" €50 on hot air pixels?

also I'd love to meet the marketing genius that came up with the idea for an offer where people are allowed to spend money for €50 of nothing. slick move :teethhappy:

Because the advertised discount on the full pack is there, just not the compensation would be there. It's a grey line but an important one with no individualisation still to take place because the item is still on sale at a discount regardless of who buys it. 

View PostCyberRage, on 05 February 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

How about a Type 59 sale???

Not any time soon unless it's in an event crate like previously. 

View PostMakotti, on 05 February 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

Important: If you already own the Type 62 and/or the WZ-120-1G FT and buy this package, you will not receive any gold compensation for these tanks. Note that you will still receive their crews and garage slots though.

Well, this is just pissing the old customer in the eye. If you'd enable gold compensation I think it wouldn't be that much negative impact on cash flow, but now this is just completely ignoring the players who have *gasp* spent money earlier.

Not if you consider the monetary value difference and that you would like compensation on something you would get for free, while already getting the other parts with it for free. 

View PostEliteMeidling, on 05 February 2019 - 08:57 PM, said:

sorry, but cant help but feel like there's legally still some sort of discimination included in this (otherwise technically good) offer. and like in a dumb way. done by someone who doesnt know how the market or finances work. maybe thats sth to expect coming from ex-(/future-)soviet country companies, but it feels so blatantly dumb I cant wrap my head around it yet.

BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE !!!!!*

*unless you already have one, then you just buy one more for the regular price.

Nope, you can check yourself, it may be unpleasant but these instances there's not discrimination whether legally or non legally, your request for individualised offers would be the closest to discrimination. 

View PostGardar7, on 06 February 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

My premium account expired and I wanted to buy both of these tanks in the past but I've lost my interest in the Chinese tech tree. Sold my 121 long ago, and I stopped at tier 5 with the TD line. I have time to play about 1-2 times per week, only for some hours, so premium account is not really worth it. Logically I shouldn't buy this package, but looking at these two great tanks and the premium time on this good price made me starting to think about it... I still have some days to decide.

It's definitely something you should consider carefully, I would suggest perhaps trying to grab some replays of the tanks and see how they play or perform? ​

Homer_J #34 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32412 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 February 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

​The person will receive the full value of what they purchase with a discount, but not the full discount because the price discounted is on the main item, not the vehicles.

If I go to the WoWP shop then 360 days of premium is £68.78 - the normal price and the price I would have paid in the WoT shop without the bundle/discount.

If I go to the WoT shop then 360 days of premium is £111.47 with a 38% discount bringing it down to £68.78 but it has 2 tanks bundled with it which I don't get if I already own them.

Shady at best.

If a certain well known furniture shop had a sofa on sale for £750 then the next day had it on sale with a free fridge worth £250 and called it a 25% discount (and then in the small print said you don't get the fridge if you already have one) then I don't think they would get away with it.

It is questionable as a business to start compensating the free items in a discount.

I agree, and I don't have a problem with that.  What I have a problem with is adding the value of those free items on to the bundle and calling it a discount.  It's either a free gift or a discount, it cannot be both.  It's quite easily solved, remove the -38% tag.

Interestingly the 30 days of premium and free LTP is not advertised as a discount, and that one is the same price as 30 days of premium with no LTP.  At least be consistent.

eekeeboo #35 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:37 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 47034 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 06 February 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

If I go to the WoWP shop then 360 days of premium is £68.78 - the normal price and the price I would have paid in the WoT shop without the bundle/discount.

If I go to the WoT shop then 360 days of premium is £111.47 with a 38% discount bringing it down to £68.78 but it has 2 tanks bundled with it which I don't get if I already own them.

Shady at best.

If a certain well known furniture shop had a sofa on sale for £750 then the next day had it on sale with a free fridge worth £250 and called it a 25% discount (and then in the small print said you don't get the fridge if you already have one) then I don't think they would get away with it.

It is questionable as a business to start compensating the free items in a discount.

I agree, and I don't have a problem with that.  What I have a problem with is adding the value of those free items on to the bundle and calling it a discount.  It's either a free gift or a discount, it cannot be both.  It's quite easily solved, remove the -38% tag.

Interestingly the 30 days of premium and free LTP is not advertised as a discount, and that one is the same price as 30 days of premium with no LTP.  At least be consistent.

It may be "shady" but at the same time. But the discount is the same, only that you do not receive full compensation for something that is purely for free. For instance, you still receive crew and garage slot etc, 

And for the shop doing this... it has been done in the past ;) Not with a fridge though. 

Consistency has been suggested and we have to wait for future offers to not have this problem and it would have been better to say "Buy this now and get these free" but even then people would still want for the free bits to be compensated but with less confusion. 

Makotti #36 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15291 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 February 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

Not if you consider the monetary value difference and that you would like compensation on something you would get for free, while already getting the other parts with it for free. 

Little reading comprehension please.

Old players didn't get those for free. Old players used cash/gold(usually aquired with some monetary currency) to get those and without any gold compensation this is pure "screw you" to people who have supported your company earlier.

eekeeboo #37 Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:57 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 47034 battles

View PostMakotti, on 07 February 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

Little reading comprehension please.

Old players didn't get those for free. Old players used cash/gold(usually aquired with some monetary currency) to get those and without any gold compensation this is pure "screw you" to people who have supported your company earlier.

​I read it comprehensively enough and consider them more carefully. I should be asking you to do the same. Please read above and you will have an answer. 

Somnorila #38 Posted 08 February 2019 - 04:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 57840 battles
i would had found it interesting if i could remove the tanks as i already have one and i don't want the other. Price of the bundle minus the shop price of the tanks. Would most likely got the 360 days premium time at that price.

Edited by Somnorila, 08 February 2019 - 04:48 PM.

Makotti #39 Posted 09 February 2019 - 06:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15291 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posteekeeboo, on 08 February 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

​I read it comprehensively enough and consider them more carefully. I should be asking you to do the same. Please read above and you will have an answer. 

I still think you don't really understand (or want to) what I'm saying. You keep repeating "it's free bonus !!eleveneleven!eleven!" like broken LP-player.

But just let's leave it here. Old players get zip, nada, nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users