Jump to content


Soldier of Fortune Campaign Problems and how to solve them

Campaign Soldier of Fortune

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

MegaDeltaFighter #1 Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:09 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 39524 battles
  • 99
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN
  • Member since:
    08-10-2016

I guess everybody has noticed there is some problems in the campaigns  that makes players experience unpleasant sometimes, selling reward tanks by providing situations for a player to win it when some amount of money is paid or neglecting some players in the clans, never or rarely use them in battles, so they can not enjoy being in the event or have any chance to win rewards, and so on, it is raised in different topics I am not going to repeat them all, you have already heard them or have known about them.

here I am going to provide some suggestions which may help. others can contribute by adding some more or telling the community how they think.

1- consider a transfer window period for players of each clan (just like football) some days before the campaign start, players should not be able to transfer from one clan to the other and the clan player list stay the same to the end of event.

clans when got enough points, in the last days of the event may be tempted to have some weak players recruited in exchange for money or in-game gifts so they can win some rewards. considering transfer window will ease and help this, clans would not take the risk to do so before campaign start.    

2- more tank lock,  basic land battles included

clans can rely just on some unicom players to get the points and weaker players can be neglected, in a clan all players should be involved and all should have the chance to participate. the best clan should be the one who has the best players in average not just some few unicoms.

weaker players should have the chance to be rewarded and should be able to cover their weakness by harder  efforts and some sacrifices so they can be useful too and participate in the event and have a chance to be rewarded. more locked tanks provides all members of the clan to have better chance to be included in battles.

3- some extra points for clans who have more players involved in the event

more points for clans that the number of battles of players in different fronts is more even. in this way the players who are less active or can not participate in the event will be transferred before the transfer window is closed. being more active player will get some value as well as better game play performance. recruiting players for some few battles can hurt clan points. clans should be evaluated and rewarded as a whole and the whole players included and considered for clan points calculations.

4- some statistics of the clan's member participation have some effect of clan point calculations.(for example average fame points of players or the difference of fame points of top 5 and  low 5 players)

the purpose of this should be obvious by the things already told, more clan member participation.

 

there can be more suggestions but I guess this is enough for starting a topic more can be provided later and by others who are interested in the topic.

 

 


Edited by MegaDeltaFighter, 05 February 2019 - 08:13 AM.


Less_Than_Three #2 Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:37 AM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 42126 battles
  • 235
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    11-24-2010
There aren't any problems. Just entitled people that think they deserve a tank... This is end-game content, not some sort of saturdaymorning kidsfootballtournament where you get a participation trophee. WG is already too generous by giving out styles and camos to those that played a few games, but ofc it is never enough...

____Green____ #3 Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:00 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19279 battles
  • 176
  • [T___G] T___G
  • Member since:
    01-12-2014

View PostLess_Than_Three, on 05 February 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

There aren't any problems. Just entitled people that think they deserve a tank... This is end-game content, not some sort of saturdaymorning kidsfootballtournament where you get a participation trophee. WG is already too generous by giving out styles and camos to those that played a few games, but ofc it is never enough...

 

I agree. Few hrs before event our team has only 10 players. 2hrs before event we some how managed all 15 ppl and on first two days we took 2 provinces. Rest of campaign we struggled a lot, but those who played all days will get a tank. That was nightmare and conclusion is - we need to play more advances and shX to get better for next campaign. There was lot of interesting battles and lot of painfull loses. 3 wins against elo 13xx+ clans and defeat against elo 900. Reservist team managed win with 12 players against elo 1300 clan on abbey playing advanced tournament for big points.

 

I hope there will be 14 day campaign like last year may-june. So there is plenty of time to prepare. Take 3-4 maps and do your best on strats, timings, roles, sort out players who want only get a tank, find players who will put in a lot of effort to help team gain more wins before and after campaign. This will pay back a lot.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:14 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 53179 battles
  • 2,757
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostLess_Than_Three, on 05 February 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

There aren't any problems. Just entitled people that think they deserve a tank... This is end-game content, not some sort of saturdaymorning kidsfootballtournament where you get a participation trophee. WG is already too generous by giving out styles and camos to those that played a few games, but ofc it is never enough...

 

Did you even read what he wrote???

 

The guy posted regulation pointers on how to make the event better, in his opinion, for all players not a whine about reward tanks!



Less_Than_Three #5 Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:25 AM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 42126 battles
  • 235
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    11-24-2010

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 05 February 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

 

Did you even read what he wrote???

 

The guy posted regulation pointers on how to make the event better, in his opinion, for all players not a whine about reward tanks!

 

I did, there is nothing wrong with the event... and the things he suggested won't make it better... Tank locking? hurts small clans and new players. Transfer window? doesnt fix any thing, just more salt if people get kicked. More points for more players? helps the whiners. Clan member participation?... helps the whiners...

Most of his suggestions are to fix the arguments the whiners have... so yes, it is about the whiners, it is about the entitled kids. And no, it doesn't fix any thing.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:36 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 53179 battles
  • 2,757
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostLess_Than_Three, on 05 February 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

 

I did, there is nothing wrong with the event... and the things he suggested won't make it better... Tank locking? hurts small clans and new players. Transfer window? doesnt fix any thing, just more salt if people get kicked. More points for more players? helps the whiners. Clan member participation?... helps the whiners...

Most of his suggestions are to fix the arguments the whiners have... so yes, it is about the whiners, it is about the entitled kids. And no, it doesn't fix any thing.

 

I disagree, whatever he wrote doesn't have anything to do with whiners or giving reward tanks to more people and you could've argued against those pointers instead of labeling it as a whine but to each his own!

DA_ZOHAN #7 Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:47 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 56155 battles
  • 1,640
  • [-NO1-] -NO1-
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

What about players that leave a clan for not getting picked for teams a few days in?  Then they leave to a different clan that lets them play?

What about players that get kicked from a clan for whatever reason and then join a different clan?  

What about players that join a better clan then their stats allow due to having friends in said better clan?  Is friendship to be considered illegal too?

 

On NA cluster, the FAME equivalent is G.  Or maybe was G.  There is a player in that clan who has a sub 1k wn8, that has every single CW reward tank from the T23e3 up to the tier 10's.  He is a friend of one of the officers there.  Is that illegal in your opinion?

 

it used to be 10 battles in a top 50 clan, and u got a tank.

WG changed the format, and made it a lot harder to obtain a tank.  Now you need to play a lot, AND be in a clan that gets a lot of points to obtain a good bonds multiplier or have bonds saved up so that if your clan does not have a good multiplier and you still qualified for a tank that you can still buy it without going into megabondgrindmode for 2 weeks (since shop is open from 7th to the 21st).

What makes sense for the mid level clans, is to merge for campaigns with another clan like them, and thus have 2-3 teams, that can get the clan more fame points, thus a better multiplier.  But then people will *itch and moan about that too.

 


Edited by DA_ZOHAN, 05 February 2019 - 09:49 AM.


Cobra6 #8 Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16426 battles
  • 16,461
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

I fail to see a good reason why thoroughly average players should get high-end end-game content?

 

We all have to work for our CW reward tanks (I didn't participate in this campaign) and no one should get a free ride. If you are not good enough of a player or clan to get the tank, you don't deserve it. Simple.

 

And a good clan letting a good player join later in the campaign does not mean other players lose out. That good player would have gotten the tank regardless of the (good) clan he is in because he is good enough to get the fame-points.

It's a different matter when a good clan lets an average player join though as said average player would not normally get the tank and thus is taking away a tank from better players.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 05 February 2019 - 09:50 AM.


DA_ZOHAN #9 Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:00 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 56155 battles
  • 1,640
  • [-NO1-] -NO1-
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View PostCobra6, on 05 February 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

I fail to see a good reason why thoroughly average players should get high-end end-game content?

 

We all have to work for our CW reward tanks (I didn't participate in this campaign) and no one should get a free ride. If you are not good enough of a player or clan to get the tank, you don't deserve it. Simple.

 

And a good clan letting a good player join later in the campaign does not mean other players lose out. That good player would have gotten the tank regardless of the (good) clan he is in because he is good enough to get the fame-points.

It's a different matter when a good clan lets an average player join though as said average player would not normally get the tank and thus is taking away a tank from better players.

 

Cobra 6

 

That statement makes sense, and doesn't.  The reason?  ………..

There are about 20 uber clans on EU. (with 3-4 UBER UBER clanswithin)  Figure about 60-80 actives with a few 80-90 actives between them.  That makes up roughly 1600 players that are guaranteed a tank no matter what since these clans play the elite front, and can easily get players the 23k fame points needed for a tank, which would mean 700'ish bonds plus a X6.5-7 multiplier, so tank won.

The next level of clans, the 21-50, usually have a similar number of actives.  call it 60 actives for arguments sake.  That equals another 1800 tanks.  Most within this number will also win enough bonds with a X5-X6 multiplier.

So with top 50 clan players more or less accounted for with 3400+- tanks, (round it up to 4k even) We now move to the next tier

clans in 51-100 slots.  Probably 40-50 actives   Call it 2k tanks.  (6k total)

then, the final tier of players from clans in the 100-200 level.  In the current format, highly unlikely for someone to win a tank from 200+ ranked clan.

This tier of clans gets the final 5.8k tanks.

 

Top players top clans = 3200-3500 tanks.

 

It is all about numbers.  Having 2-3 teams, playing max landings, winning some provinces, having a few allies on the map (no1 talks about this, could this be considered, GASP!!  Rigging?) Will win tanks.



Lil_Dimitry #10 Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:02 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2318 battles
  • 269
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View PostDA_ZOHAN, on 05 February 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

 

That statement makes sense, and doesn't.  The reason?  ………..

There are about 20 uber clans on EU. (with 3-4 UBER UBER clanswithin)  Figure about 60-80 actives with a few 80-90 actives between them.  That makes up roughly 1600 players that are guaranteed a tank no matter what since these clans play the elite front, and can easily get players the 23k fame points needed for a tank, which would mean 700'ish bonds plus a X6.5-7 multiplier, so tank won.

The next level of clans, the 21-50, usually have a similar number of actives.  call it 60 actives for arguments sake.  That equals another 1800 tanks.  Most within this number will also win enough bonds with a X5-X6 multiplier.

So with top 50 clan players more or less accounted for with 3400+- tanks, (round it up to 4k even) We now move to the next tier

clans in 51-100 slots.  Probably 40-50 actives   Call it 2k tanks.  (6k total)

then, the final tier of players from clans in the 100-200 level.  In the current format, highly unlikely for someone to win a tank from 200+ ranked clan.

This tier of clans gets the final 5.8k tanks.

 

Top players top clans = 3200-3500 tanks.

 

It is all about numbers.  Having 2-3 teams, playing max landings, winning some provinces, having a few allies on the map (no1 talks about this, could this be considered, GASP!!  Rigging?) Will win tanks.

 

 

 Sounds like end-game content to me. Want to get a tank? Get better at the game, don't expect freebies.



DA_ZOHAN #11 Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:08 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 56155 battles
  • 1,640
  • [-NO1-] -NO1-
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 05 February 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

 

 

 Sounds like end-game content to me. Want to get a tank? Get better at the game, don't expect freebies.

 

Sorry, but that is just bollocks.

Get better to get the T55, 260, Chimera, 279.  That is up to you.

 

Get a CW reward tank?  You need to be in a decent to good clan at the very least, with 50 active players and 3-4 good FC's.  My Vk72 came from a campaign with players no higher then 1800 wn8 at the time, most being 1000-1500, with a great FC, and several players got screwed out of a tank due to 2 clan officers hogging battles.  



xtrem3x #12 Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:10 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33863 battles
  • 1,762
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
  • Member since:
    01-03-2013

This is a pointless thread.

There is a campaign feedback thread setup by WG staff in the clan > campaign section of the forum.

 

Why setup a new thread in the wrong section when there is already an official thread in the correct section?



Geno1isme #13 Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:21 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 44990 battles
  • 9,113
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 05 February 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

1- consider a transfer window period for players of each clan (just like football) some days before the campaign start, players should not be able to transfer from one clan to the other and the clan player list stay the same to the end of event.

clans when got enough points, in the last days of the event may be tempted to have some weak players recruited in exchange for money or in-game gifts so they can win some rewards. considering transfer window will ease and help this, clans would not take the risk to do so before campaign start.   

Nope, nope, nope. First, it doesn't actually prevent clans from selling spots, it just makes it a bit trickier. Second and more importantly it would also prevent people from switching clans for legitimate reasons (yes, such things exist).

The actual problem is that it is even possible for people to earn large amounts of points in a very short time due to the massive bonuses one can get when playing on advanced/elite front. Reducing (note removing!) those and instead adding bonuses for playing constantly would IMO a much better counter to tank sellers.



Lil_Dimitry #14 Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:23 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2318 battles
  • 269
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View PostDA_ZOHAN, on 05 February 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

 

Sorry, but that is just bollocks.

Get better to get the T55, 260, Chimera, 279.  That is up to you.

 

Get a CW reward tank?  You need to be in a decent to good clan at the very least, with 50 active players and 3-4 good FC's.  My Vk72 came from a campaign with players no higher then 1800 wn8 at the time, most being 1000-1500, with a great FC, and several players got screwed out of a tank due to 2 clan officers hogging battles.

 

 

Not really, doing 260 missions is mostly about spamming games and getting lucky, or just play arty and have a 260 by just completing arty missions (which are by far the easiest) get t55A with honors and then skipping mt 15, lt 15, td 15 and ht 15 AAAAND voila, a 260 in the hands of a mediocre/bad player.

 In order to be in a decent clan you need to be decent yourself, there is no "decent clan" that doesn't have good fcs. By the sheer amount of yellow/green players out there in CW reward tanks it's pretty obvious that it's not as "super unicum" exclusive as you say it is.

   And that's how it should be, you should be in a good clan to get a reward, that's the incentive to get better, but as always, wots playerbase is so entitled.



barison1 #15 Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:29 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39517 battles
  • 918
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 05 February 2019 - 08:09 AM, said:

2- more tank lock,  basic land battles included

clans can rely just on some unicom players to get the points and weaker players can be neglected, in a clan all players should be involved and all should have the chance to participate. the best clan should be the one who has the best players in average not just some few unicoms.

weaker players should have the chance to be rewarded and should be able to cover their weakness by harder  efforts and some sacrifices so they can be useful too and participate in the event and have a chance to be rewarded. more locked tanks provides all members of the clan to have better chance to be included in battles.

thats how you get the absolute revere effect as you are thinking it would. weaker players will play even less as they dont have any tanks while the good players will be playing most as they have alot of tanks

 

the only way to solve it is to have fixed teams, spread out the players some. we had that in MEME, 3 main teams of 22ish people, on the bench remainder people with irregular play times(i think atleast). they were filling up games aswell and got their playtime



arthurwellsley #16 Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:44 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 52756 battles
  • 3,418
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 05 February 2019 - 07:09 AM, said:

I guess everybody has noticed there is some problems in the campaigns  that makes players experience unpleasant sometimes, selling reward tanks by providing situations for a player to win it when some amount of money is paid or neglecting some players in the clans, never or rarely use them in battles, so they can not enjoy being in the event or have any chance to win rewards, and so on, it is raised in different topics I am not going to repeat them all, you have already heard them or have known about them.

here I am going to provide some suggestions which may help. others can contribute by adding some more or telling the community how they think.

1- consider a transfer window period for players of each clan (just like football) some days before the campaign start, players should not be able to transfer from one clan to the other and the clan player list stay the same to the end of event.

clans when got enough points, in the last days of the event may be tempted to have some weak players recruited in exchange for money or in-game gifts so they can win some rewards. considering transfer window will ease and help this, clans would not take the risk to do so before campaign start.    

2- more tank lock,  basic land battles included

clans can rely just on some unicom players to get the points and weaker players can be neglected, in a clan all players should be involved and all should have the chance to participate. the best clan should be the one who has the best players in average not just some few unicoms.

weaker players should have the chance to be rewarded and should be able to cover their weakness by harder  efforts and some sacrifices so they can be useful too and participate in the event and have a chance to be rewarded. more locked tanks provides all members of the clan to have better chance to be included in battles.

3- some extra points for clans who have more players involved in the event

more points for clans that the number of battles of players in different fronts is more even. in this way the players who are less active or can not participate in the event will be transferred before the transfer window is closed. being more active player will get some value as well as better game play performance. recruiting players for some few battles can hurt clan points. clans should be evaluated and rewarded as a whole and the whole players included and considered for clan points calculations.

4- some statistics of the clan's member participation have some effect of clan point calculations.(for example average fame points of players or the difference of fame points of top 5 and  low 5 players)

the purpose of this should be obvious by the things already told, more clan member participation.

 

there can be more suggestions but I guess this is enough for starting a topic more can be provided later and by others who are interested in the topic.

 

 

 

1. I do not agree with the transfer window, as players move clans if they are not getting picked.

2. Tank lock - this one I agree with. Seeing the same tanks spammed to fit the best tactic on the map was a bit boring. City maps in particular. Locking tanks would add to variety and spread battles in the clan.

3. More points for more players. Organising CW campaigns is a strain on officers, players whinning if not in A team, or not picked often enough from the 20 or so in A team, and yet also running teams B and C adds to the clan internal politics, so yes clans running three teams should get more bonuses than clans running two teams.

4. Mutliplier for not always picking the same 15, but from being more equal in distribution amongst the 20 per team players is I think important.

 

Having 60 players online in the first day all trying to get into a team was easy. Having 45 online in the last few days ready to go into their teams was harder, sometimes forcing A or B to take players from C who then went into battle with only 12 of 13 in the team. Managing points amongst the substitutes is hard to balance and leads to burnout, so giving a point spread bonus to the whole clan for managing it better would be a welcome addition.



8126Jakobsson #17 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:14 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 71146 battles
  • 3,840
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Tank locking is great. And I don't think that just because reroll tears are so delicious. Okay maybe I do. 

fwhaatpiraat #18 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51135 battles
  • 1,010
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
When there is tank locking: "this is to protect top clans with many meta tanks like 907, 260, etc, while players in other clans only have 1 or 2 good tanks reeeee".





Also tagged with Campaign, Soldier of Fortune

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users