gun not firing in game message

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

CWO_KIRK #1 Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10634 battles
  • [1STAB] 1STAB

Something is going on that I can't figure out. This problem is probably my fault but in almost 10,000 games, I have never seen this before.

It is somehow related to Missions. The last 3 games I've played, I was unable to fire my gun. The first time, a screen popped up and said something like: you are playing this tank without a mission, go into the garage and select a mission for this tank. This happened during the middle of a game. I couldn't fire my gun and obviously, I can't go into the garage during a battle without quitting the game. The 2nd time, I don't remember what happened but I got another message and I got killed. The 3rd time this happened, a message popped up again (when I tried to fire the gun) and this time it was something to do with  HT8 - With Guns Blazing. Again when I tried to fire my gun at an oncoming tank, the gun wouldn't fire. Every single time I pushed fire button, this message popped up instead. I don't remember doing anything to activate either of these missions. Usually missions are just credited or not credited. I've never seen my gun not fire, due to some mission related requirement. This problem has resulted in me being killed twice because the gun was giving me messages instead of firing. Now I'm reluctant to play because I don't know if my gun will work or not.

Any help or explanation would be appreciated.

Update: Just played another game. Gun would wouldn't work. I got killed. The message that popped up said: I had no related mission, go into campaigns and select a mission. WTF? Why doesn't the gun work in any case? This has happened 4x now, all with different tanks. Why does the system let you into the game in the first place, if it's not going to let you fire your gun? Why would the gun not work just because I haven't selected a mission? So what if the mission doesn't get credited, shouldn't my gun still work?

Edited by CWO_KIRK, 05 February 2019 - 11:39 AM.

ValkyrionX #2 Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 52436 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostCWO_KIRK, on 05 February 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

Something is going on that I can't figure out. This problem is probably my fault but in almost 10,000 games, I have never seen this before.

It is somehow related to Missions. The last 3 games I've played, I was unable to fire my gun. The first time, a screen popped up and said something like: you are playing this tank without a mission, go into the garage and select a mission for this tank. This happened during the middle of a game. I couldn't fire my gun and obviously, I can't go into the garage during a battle without quitting the game. The 2nd time, I don't remember what happened but I got another message and I got killed. The 3rd time this happened, a message popped up again (when I tried to fire the gun) and this time it was something to do with  HT8 - With Guns Blazing. Again when I tried to fire my gun at an oncoming tank, the gun wouldn't fire. Every single time I pushed fire button, this message popped up instead. I don't remember doing anything to activate either of these missions. Usually missions are just credited or not credited. I've never seen my gun not fire, due to some mission related requirement. This problem has resulted in me being killed twice because the gun was giving me messages instead of firing. Now I'm reluctant to play because I don't know if my gun will work or not.

Any help or explanation would be appreciated.

delete all mods 

vorlontank #3 Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25670 battles
you had ammo right? because i forgot once to have that little box ticked

CWO_KIRK #4 Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10634 battles
  • [1STAB] 1STAB

Yes, in all four cases I had full ammo. The only mods I use are XVM and battle assistant. I've never had trouble with those mods before.

BTW, thanks for the replys. 

Edited by CWO_KIRK, 05 February 2019 - 11:47 AM.

Geno1isme #5 Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48083 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
Check your keybindings. Sounds like your firing button (left mouse button by default) is the same as the button to show the mission status (N by default).

CWO_KIRK #6 Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10634 battles
  • [1STAB] 1STAB

Thanks Geno1isme.

That is exactly what the problem was. I feel like an idiot now. I was in the settings menu just the other day, to adjust a sound setting and I noticed that there were several orange message dots for settings changes. I clicked through a few of these to see what the changes were and must have inadvertently redone my keybindings. The fire key binding was completely empty, so I don't know why a message would have popped up instead. If the gun just didn't work, I probably would have eventually checked my key bindings but when I got a message every time, I just assumed it was some new WOT thing they had changed, since they are constantly changing everything in the game all the time.

Thanks again, for everyone who responded trying to help out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users