• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Zoltan1251 #1 Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11973 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Hi, 

recently i was thinking about easy ways to improve my WR and i was successful. I will never be able to remember stats of all tanks and i am really bad at decision making but i was able to pump my WR up. I think many average and below average players would benefit from this.

Ok, so for me, decision making is hard, i dont know where to position myself by reading enemy team layout or where to go on each map and when going there is safe and when not. Many times i see on streams people go to certain spots but when i go there i die so i had to come up with something else.

First: When the game starts, if all your team goes lemming on one side go WITH them!!! This is very important, you wont be able to defend one side by yourself and lemmings tend to stop on one enemy tank. So be that difference and help lemming take at least one side of the map and even the chances.

Second: Show only very very little of your tank, just so you can shoot and thats it. I made mistake by getting over ridge to shoot at enemy or peeking too much and got punished for that a lot. If you cannot trade safely or you dont know if there isnt TD camping at the back, dont peek, just let enemy/friendly to make a move, just sip a tea or something until something is hit first instead of you.

Third: Stay alive. Literally if you are on low health, its literally better to just hide and stop playing than to try your luck. more often than not you get killed and you are out of the game. But if you stay alive you might be that deciding factor. Just follow your team mate and when he gets in bad situation you help him, never try anything on your own, just stay alive.

Fourth: Be patient. When you have position and nothing happens, dont move. Some maps are literally designed around "first to attack, first to lose". This is possibly hardest of them all for some players. People are used to fast paced shooter and this is chill out game where every mistake is punished hard. Just stay and wait and read map what going on, youll have a lot better time taking out impatient enemies.

Hope this helps someone. Cheers

SlyMeerkat #2 Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 17074 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Very good, its a shame also that many players dont know how to take a hit for the team because they are to scared to push and make a move together as well as no matter what HP you are left on, even if its just 1HP, its the gun that counts and i have had several great games where i was a one shot and still managed not only to survive and win the battle but to also come top for damage or something really good that helped turn the tide of the game

TungstenHitman #3 Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25612 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS
Fifth: Get good

arthurwellsley #4 Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:49 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52707 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 05 February 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

Fifth: Get good Git Gud

fixed it for you.

zlaja031 #5 Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8800 battles
  • [HR-VA] HR-VA
6th: Play tanks you like and you preform good in. I hate Skorp G and i throw every game in it. 

signal11th #6 Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39432 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Posting in the bleeding obvious thread.. GJ  OP for pointing out what should be common sense.

Bora_BOOM #7 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 24964 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

7th. Go Ruski bias, the more OP the better.

8th. Gold is your friend. Shot them gold with the first shot so they know you are serious about it. Spamming pisses off your enemy. Gud.

9th. Play dirty. If you are playing on "fair-play trade shots ground" you are doing it wrong.

But the best thing to improve is 10th:

Do not care too much. This is only a game.

Spoiler

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 05 February 2019 - 01:03 PM.

The_Georgian_One #8 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39057 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN
Next one: hit '+' at the beginning of battle and make a pattern of checking minimap and reacting to the changing environment.

Kartoshkaya #9 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24858 battles
Best strat to improve your wr is : If you win your flank, don't push into TDs, go back defend your base. Even if you are in a slow tank.

Zoltan1251 #10 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11973 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View Postsignal11th, on 05 February 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Posting in the bleeding obvious thread.. GJ  OP for pointing out what should be common sense.

i just posted this because nobody is talking about it... somehow every streamer, every thread and every discussion is about stuff like armor, penetration values, good positions on the map, map reading but nowhere do i find thread about not peeking much, how to never get to position if there is threat or simply waiting.... its boring stuff that makes majority of gameplay and never gets talked about

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:13 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31237 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postsignal11th, on 05 February 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Yeah, it should be, but in game observations suggest that it very much isn't.

KillingJoker #12 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37099 battles

View PostZoltan1251, on 05 February 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

First: When the game starts, if all your team goes lemming on one side go WITH them!!! This is very important, you wont be able to defend one side by yourself and lemmings tend to stop on one enemy tank. So be that difference and help lemming take at least one side of the map and even the chances.

Every tank have its role, and if your team decides to almost yolo one side, that doesn't mean you should do it as well, it really depends on the map and your role in the battlefield...

It depends on the mm and the map, the tank you play etc etc, the better the player, the better is its interpretation about what to do on every situation

I can give you several examples when lemming  trains are a terrible choice and they are doom to failure, lakeville valley is one example, countless time i see dumb heavy players decide to go yolo valley, sometimes with a 3 arty situation and even when they have hull down tanks with poor gun depression (ie: russian heavies) does this mean everyone should go with them? 

achievimg map control in more important to a victory than a lemming, because you can indeed yolo a flank, but will you prevent an enemy to cap? willl you extend the view range of your team if needed? will you hold the enemies advances and prevent them to cap quickly? ...

You see, lemming trains can be good and bad... a lemming train composed of a good aggressive players, will rolf stomp an enemy team, all it needs is 4 or 5 aggressive coordinated and they will melth an enemy team with focus fire and aggressive play, in other hand a lemming train composed of coward passive players, the ones that are incapable of taking risks or initiative, will end up pretty badly, because they give the enemy not only time to react to a lemming and go around the map and flank them, as they also are incapable of defending them selfs...

Very often i recognize a bad team when i see large amounts of players siting right beside each other in defensive positions but without having any map control what so ever...

Which can be easily noticed in maps like clif, when idiots playing heavies decide to go for the 1/2 line and they don't push what so ever, completely ignoring the mechanics of the map and basically siting there waiting for the enemy to take the points of that really matter and give them a 15-3 or less result...

You see, winrate doesnt mean anything, if you don't understand basic principles like this, any player who understand this, will easily get positive winrate...

having good winrate is about map interpretation and decisions. 

Edited by KillingJoker, 05 February 2019 - 01:19 PM.

TinmanSAC #13 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26362 battles
  • [SETI] SETI

I Found turning off : encounter & Assault mode - increased my win % by 2-3%.

Anyone else experienced that?

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25612 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 05 February 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

Yeah, it should be, but in game observations suggest that it very much isn't.

Ya it's really bad lately and getting more clueless by the week it seems. All the advice on how to win and will to even bother playing quickly goes out the window when you sit down, log in to the game in a good happy mood and fond memories of some good battles, pick your favorite tank, click battle, first up, Mines..... ok that totally sucked, let's try again.... Minsk..... oh my Godddddddddddd...... next battle, Ensk.... for f*** sake I'm starting to get annoyed now already, next battle, Highway... Ok I'm done for today.

Zoltan1251 #15 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11973 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostKillingJoker, on 05 February 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

Every tank have its role, and if your team decides to almost yolo one side, that doesn't mean you should do it as well, it really depends on the map and your role in the battlefield...

It depends on the mm and the map, the tank you play etc etc, the better the player, the better is its interpretation about what to do on every situation

You see, winrate doesnt mean anything, if you don't understand basic principles like this, any player who understand this, will easily get positive winrate...

having good winrate is about map interpretation and decisions. 

this is exactly why i made this topic.... how does it help anyone if you just say "it depends"?? i was told this for years and never once tried just basic stuff that every good player do but never tell you.... this obviously isnt insta unicum guide, but simple things like this will pump win rate of average and below average players like hell... i am pretty average, since i adopted this i am able to carry a lot more...

Ricky_Baby #16 Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 66879 battles
Kudos to you Zoltan,nice to have someone post something constructive and positive. Instead  of the usual winging.

qpranger #17 Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:14 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 34758 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
Play arta, the supreme carry class.

Dr_Oolen #18 Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22816 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

a) play only rashn tonks

b) load gold and go

????

c) profit

OMG_Abaddon #19 Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9734 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP
Sixth: Don't shoot at weak spots, don't waste time flanking, and by all means don't use your brain to assess the situation. Instead put 100% gold ammo so all the enemy armor is green and you're free to pen whatever you prefer.

signal11th #20 Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39432 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostZoltan1251, on 05 February 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

i just posted this because nobody is talking about it... somehow every streamer, every thread and every discussion is about stuff like armor, penetration values, good positions on the map, map reading but nowhere do i find thread about not peeking much, how to never get to position if there is threat or simply waiting.... its boring stuff that makes majority of gameplay and never gets talked about

It wasn't a critique of your post it was more it was a sad indictment of the fact that your post was needed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users