• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Element6 #21 Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31797 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLagochillus, on 06 February 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Yes? So what? I didnt introduce or want those tanks. Its not players fault if game company makes bad moves when introducing new game mechanics and new content. 

Well, it's like the issue with players not understanding why WG does "stupid" things like releasing the Bobject, and then they go out and play the crap out of it while whining it is OP. You didn't want wheeled vehicles in the game yet you sort of tell WG that you do since you spent a crapton of free XP to get the top vehicle of the line. When things like this happen, what do you think WG cares the most about, your opinion or that you rushed to the T10?

It is definitely the players fault for actually confirming to WG that players can and will play their new content, irrespective of what they think of the implementation.

I guess you will be equally puzzled next time they introduce something new and game changing, while spending another pile for free XP and then complaining about the things you just spent the free XP on. Not playing something that you do not want in the game is the best way of sending a message to WG. Saying something and then doing the opposite doesn't help much.

rroos #22 Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6085 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

So, installed update 1.4 this morning.

Logged in and started some games (I play all type of tanks)

And wanted to level some of my lower tiers.

Instead, all games are now flushed with these wheeled light tanks. And I must say, it's no fun at all for normal tanks or TD's or even Arty right now!

And because there's almost no tactics with a random battle. People tend to go their own way. It takes out all the fun I had left. Didn't play awhile and just refound my drive to play again. And that's gone now.

Sad to say, but why did they have to bring in these "tanks"?? It has nothing to do with how tanks should work. What's next? Jeep? Hummers with machine guns?

Why not introduce things like resistance cells. With bazooka's at the edge of maps. Driving to close will get you blown up.

Think I'll go and play something else for the coming months again. Maybe, like others have mentioned, people will have returned to playing other/normal tanks again and it'll be a rare sight seeing a wheeled car with a gun on the battlefield again. 

Sorry to been supporting this opportunity with spending real money on a game to see it go to ruins!

Zelar_Wicked #23 Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 44006 battles
  • [SV2] SV2
Arty counter? im in!

BotArmy_Lago #24 Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27265 battles
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD

View PostElement6, on 06 February 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

Well, it's like the issue with players not understanding why WG does "stupid" things like releasing the Bobject, and then they go out and play the crap out of it while whining it is OP. You didn't want wheeled vehicles in the game yet you sort of tell WG that you do since you spent a crapton of free XP to get the top vehicle of the line. When things like this happen, what do you think WG cares the most about, your opinion or that you rushed to the T10?

It is definitely the players fault for actually confirming to WG that players can and will play their new content, irrespective of what they think of the implementation.

I guess you will be equally puzzled next time they introduce something new and game changing, while spending another pile for free XP and then complaining about the things you just spent the free XP on. Not playing something that you do not want in the game is the best way of sending a message to WG. Saying something and then doing the opposite doesn't help much.

So you're implying that if nobody would play those wheeled vehicles, WG would just simply say "Oh damn.. I guess people really didnt want this line, well we will remove it from game then and replace with something actually good." :teethhappy:

barison1 #25 Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43999 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postrroos, on 06 February 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

Instead, all games are now flushed with these wheeled light tanks. And I must say, it's no fun at all for normal tanks or TD's or even Arty right now!

And because there's almost no tactics with a random battle. People tend to go their own way. It takes out all the fun I had left. Didn't play awhile and just refound my drive to play again. And that's gone now.

Sad to say, but why did they have to bring in these "tanks"?? It has nothing to do with how tanks should work. What's next? Jeep? Hummers with machine guns?

Why not introduce things like resistance cells. With bazooka's at the edge of maps. Driving to close will get you blown up.

Think I'll go and play something else for the coming months again. Maybe, like others have mentioned, people will have returned to playing other/normal tanks again and it'll be a rare sight seeing a wheeled car with a gun on the battlefield again. 

Sorry to been supporting this opportunity with spending real money on a game to see it go to ruins!

i like how you complain how wheeled lights are not tanks. funny enough SPG are not tanks either, role wise a wheeled LT is way way way more similiar to a tank than SPG are.

not to mention the tier 6 wheeled LT are poor, you should be able to farm them easely in about any tank

Noo_Noo #26 Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:43 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22560 battles

View Postrroos, on 06 February 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

Randoms filled with tactics? What freak of nature is this? Please elaborate. 

Everyone's trying them right now so yeah the MM will be filled with them but it will calm down. 

The big question I think is whether they will attract more people into the game (new or returning) and whether they will stay. Personally I would have thought that addressing MM and perhaps premium ammo would have been a higher priority.

MajorFaffmoist #27 Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33497 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

WOT, you are ruining this game. 8 light tanks per side in tier 5,6.7 & 8 games to-day. Total arcade madness, worse even than the Xbox version.

Games over in less than 3 or 4 mins (tier 8) with our winning side chalking up a 15-1 victory. Max damage on our side was 1500, max on theirs was 900. 5 of their team scored 0 damage and only 1 over 500. 

You stopped 3 arty platoons in the interests of 'balance' and now you supply us with games featuring swarms of light tanks running around arties, heavies and TD's. So what's the point? 

You are pandering to the kids yet again, you have lost so many to 'War Thunder' ,and instead of trying to improve the gameplay, of what was once an excellent game, you are trying to copy, instead of lead. Grow up. 

general_mayhem #28 Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9689 battles
  • [WAL-E] WAL-E
Nobody likes gnats and mosquitos.These wheels are just that ... :(
Just venting, carry on.

WhoCares01 #29 Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22172 battles

View PostSircapalot, on 06 February 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

Every good thing can have it's downsides as well.

If these vehicles will have such an impact on playing arty (to early to tell i guess) I cant wait till players (arty haters) start to whine here about not being able to do their arty PM's.

For that purpose there are enough orders to skip any farty missions.

My concern is more with LT missions: last weekend I completed T55A LT.14 on Prokh with >7k combined while camping the obvious bushes - that would have completed me LT.15, which I desperately tried to complete the last days. Something's telling me, that I can rest my attempts to complete that mission for the next days/weeks, while these things are zipping about :(

Element6 #30 Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31797 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLagochillus, on 06 February 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

So you're implying that if nobody would play those wheeled vehicles, WG would just simply say "Oh damn.. I guess people really didnt want this line, well we will remove it from game then and replace with something actually good." :teethhappy:

No, why would I imply that?

If nobody played them then WG would realize that nobody wanted them, that's for sure, but that doesn't mean that they would remove them and replace them with something good. "Something good" is subjective, you don't think the wheeled vehicles are good, another player does, so if they replaced them with something else then you might think that was something good and another player might think that it was something bad. If you think I am so stupid that I think they can implement something that everyone will think is good, then my all means, laugh your heart out. I would never think such a thing is possible.

Heck, even if WG started to hand out free T10 tanks, some people would be happy and others would be mad.

The issue here is that I do not think you have fully realized what free XP'ing to T10 has told WG about you.

SABAOTH #31 Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:08 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

if it is a bane of arty like old t50 2 then good.

too bad I dont trust WG with lights, not one bit :coin:

Noo_Noo #32 Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:09 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22560 battles
Anyone know how many are playing at the moment and whether numbers are up?

SABAOTH #33 Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Gremlin182 #34 Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:26 PM

General

• Player
  • 58427 battles

They need to have good players driving them to be good, in other words much like most of the tanks in the game.

There are some videos of very skilled players driving the tier 10 and doing extremely well.

Met a couple of the lower tier versions and saw some good gameplay one managed to prevent my light tank from occupying a favoured location.

I could not spot as he was keeping me spotted I couldn't catch him he was to agile and I was shot at by other tanks when I tried.

They have their uses other than just suicide scouting at the same time they are not OP

rroos #35 Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6085 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

View Postbarison1, on 06 February 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

i like how you complain how wheeled lights are not tanks. funny enough SPG are not tanks either, role wise a wheeled LT is way way way more similiar to a tank than SPG are.

not to mention the tier 6 wheeled LT are poor, you should be able to farm them easely in about any tank

Very true. And not te be mistaken, I dislike Arty too. 

But why introduce another type of light tanks? 

I don't feel they add anything to the game. They just float the field and race around like crazy (at the moment that is)

15:41 Added after 3 minutes

View PostNoo_Noo, on 06 February 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

Randoms filled with tactics? What freak of nature is this? Please elaborate. 

Everyone's trying them right now so yeah the MM will be filled with them but it will calm down. 

The big question I think is whether they will attract more people into the game (new or returning) and whether they will stay. Personally I would have thought that addressing MM and perhaps premium ammo would have been a higher priority.

I meant NO tactics in random battles :teethhappy:

But you're probably right. It's something new everybody  want to try now. But I just dislike the fact that when so many light tanks take to the field, other (real) tanks have it harder. Set area's where for instance Heavies should go are ignored. It's just crazy to go out now :P

15:44 Added after 6 minutes

View PostWhoCares01, on 06 February 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

For that purpose there are enough orders to skip any farty missions.

My concern is more with LT missions: last weekend I completed T55A LT.14 on Prokh with >7k combined while camping the obvious bushes - that would have completed me LT.15, which I desperately tried to complete the last days. Something's telling me, that I can rest my attempts to complete that mission for the next days/weeks, while these things are zipping about :(

I second this. Trying to complete missions now isn't a real option anymore.

WG boasting about how they made adjustments to make it "easier" to accomplish mission is no way accurate now

Shacou #36 Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22937 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Majority of playerbase are deadweight, which allows unicums to abuse wheeled vehicles by upgrading them with equipment/directives beyond everyones expectations. For example everyone has ~360 view range, when unicum has 412.

11poseidon11 #37 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:10 PM

• 882 battles
  • [KIDS_] KIDS_

Hello,

This thread has been closed due to not being constructive and contains inappropriate remarks.

Thank you!

11poseidon11

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users