Allow more SPG Threads please. Feedback needs to be shown!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Kandreev #1 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 362 battles

Centering all discussion on SPGs in a single thread is restrictive and makes things hard to follow, plus obfuscates all sorts of opinions players have on SPGs. 

Players are not able to provide meaningful feedback on artillery in this way, and as such nothing is bound to change.

This is just damage control and is very annoying.

Grand_Moff_Tano #2 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles
  • [BC28] BC28
Well if people didn't post a topic about their favourite class of vehicle every day then it wouldn't need to be placed in one large thread.

Rati_Festa #3 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45645 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostGrand_Moff_Tano, on 06 February 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

Well if people didn't post a topic about their favourite class of vehicle every day then it wouldn't need to be placed in one large thread.

Irony... ????

They post feedback on a subject to do with a game on a forum about that game. Where else shoukd they post it?

divsmo #4 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34281 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
I think it’s more a case of war gaming wanting all the feedback in one place so they can ignore it more efficiently ;)

vorlontank #5 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25530 battles

View PostKandreev, on 06 February 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

Centering all discussion on SPGs in a single thread is restrictive and makes things hard to follow, plus obfuscates all sorts of opinions players have on SPGs. 

Players are not able to provide meaningful feedback on artillery in this way, and as such nothing is bound to change.

have you read the arty thread? anytime anyone tries to raise any sort of meaningful dialogue, it is swamped out by people coming to vent, or just argue (there are a couple of people who should never meet irl) if you took out all the crap, the thread would be 1/3rd the size and might actually do some good. opening loads more is not helping as they just attract the people who will get this locked. so while i agree with the sentiment, sad fact is that I dont think it will help

Grand_Moff_Tano #6 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

View PostRati_Festa, on 06 February 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

Irony... ????

They post feedback on a subject to do with a game on a forum about that game. Where else shoukd they post it?

It is not a question about where they post it, but how they post it. 

spamhamstar #7 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View Postdivsmo, on 06 February 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

I think it’s more a case of war gaming wanting all the feedback in one place so they can ignore it more efficiently ;)

Is that not the forum in general?

View Postvorlontank, on 06 February 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

they just attract the people who will get this locked.

Never fear ;)

View PostKandreev, on 06 February 2019 - 04:25 PM, said:

TBH I truely believe WG will do whatever their accountants tell them whatever we say & in whichever thread we post it. 

In my view, WoTs success is due to the original concept & design, which was created by 2 mates in a garage who loved & dreamed the product.  Now that it's big business it's all about the $ & they've lost their soul.  Just a victim of their own success.

jack_timber #8 Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 35791 battles

Unfortunately that pinned SPG thingy can be a bigger cesspool than General Chat.

It all boils down to those against & for arty, there's nothing meaningful been discussed for a long time.

VeryRisky #9 Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:13 PM

General

• Player
  • 18304 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

No, we do not need more repetitive spam in this forum. 

BR33K1_PAWAH #10 Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4862 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Bordhaw #11 Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:27 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 13163 battles

Why worry about it....

Rati_Festa #12 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45645 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostGrand_Moff_Tano, on 06 February 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

It is not a question about where they post it, but how they post it. 

Like if its a complaint for instance?

Grand_Moff_Tano #13 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

View PostRati_Festa, on 06 February 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

Like if its a complaint for instance?

No, I mean continuous, non-constructive spamming, venting and whining.

Rati_Festa #14 Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45645 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostGrand_Moff_Tano, on 06 February 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

No, I mean continuous, non-constructive spamming, venting and whining.

Also known as feedback?

Who decides if its whining, spamming.... the recipient? See the flaw in that?

You could say I am being spammed by arty and continious crap mm by WG. Unfortunately I dont have the option of putting under a rug and ignoring it, if I want to play a game I have invested 100' s of £.

If a company produces a product it is their duty to deal with the feedback.

Grand_Moff_Tano #15 Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

View PostRati_Festa, on 06 February 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

Also known as feedback?

Who decides if its whining, spamming.... the recipient? See the flaw in that?

You could say I am being spammed by arty and continious crap mm by WG. Unfortunately I dont have the option of putting under a rug and ignoring it, if I want to play a game I have invested 100' s of £.

If a company produces a product it is their duty to deal with the feedback.

Feedback comes in many forms, whether it be constructive or unconstructive, the latter tends to be ignored.

And no, the definitions that currently coincide in the Dictionary.

Apples and Oranges my friend, Apples and Oranges.

A company also has the right to reduce or ignore people who do not provide constructive feedback. And are you one of those people who if something goes wrong at a restaurant will scream and shout at the waiter till you get your own way? 

Rati_Festa #16 Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45645 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostGrand_Moff_Tano, on 06 February 2019 - 10:34 PM, said:

Feedback comes in many forms, whether it be constructive or unconstructive, the latter tends to be ignored.

And no, the definitions that currently coincide in the Dictionary.

Apples and Oranges my friend, Apples and Oranges.

A company also has the right to reduce or ignore people who do not provide constructive feedback. And are you one of those people who if something goes wrong at a restaurant will scream and shout at the waiter till you get your own way? 

Some of the feedback was actually constructive, I agree a lot is just ranting. WG has reaped what it has sown, a customer base that appears to think its ok to come to forum and scream abuse at them. Bravo WG.

On your restaraunt analogy, would you go in a restaraunt where customers scream at staff while they ignore them. If you were looking through the window would you be eating there?

I think not.

Grand_Moff_Tano #17 Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

View PostRati_Festa, on 06 February 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

Some of the feedback was actually constructive, I agree a lot is just ranting. WG has reaped what it has sown, a customer base that appears to think its ok to come to forum and scream abuse at them. Bravo WG.

On your restaraunt analogy, would you go in a restaraunt where customers scream at staff while they ignore them. If you were looking through the window would you be eating there?

I think not.

Yes, you see, only some, 80% of it was not and was a mix of ranting, venting and spam.

Yes I would, because it would show the professionalism of the waiting staff to be able to ignore the customers who are on their high horses and carry on with their job.

Rati_Festa #18 Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45645 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostGrand_Moff_Tano, on 06 February 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

Yes, you see, only some, 80% of it was not and was a mix of ranting, venting and spam.

Yes I would, because it would show the professionalism of the waiting staff to be able to ignore the customers who are on their high horses and carry on with their job.

How have you got to the figure of 80%?

I dont believe you at all about the restaraunt you are spouting BS there, my friend.

So if there was a dead insect in someones food and someone "complained" about it and they were ignored... repeatedly that is a show of proffesionalism... really? As that is basically the scenario we have with MM currently WG admit its not right and then go off and start working on wheeled vehicles.

Hiding all the feedback in one post is the digital equivilent of sticking your head in the sand. Nothing more, nothing less.

Grand_Moff_Tano #19 Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

View PostRati_Festa, on 06 February 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

How have you got to the figure of 80%?

I dont believe you at all about the restaraunt you are spouting BS there, my friend.

So if there was a dead insect in someones food and someone "complained" about it and they were ignored... repeatedly that is a show of proffesionalism... really? As that is basically the scenario we have with MM currently WG admit its not right and then go off and start working on wheeled vehicles.

Hiding all the feedback in one post is the digital equivilent of sticking your head in the sand. Nothing more, nothing less.

From reading the forums on a regular basis.

That will be because you don't know me. If I'm planning on going somewhere to eat one of the things I look for is professionalism. So no it is not BS my friend, but my personal choice.

How did we get from screaming to dead insects? Can you remain consistent through your own posts just for several minutes. 

Or rather it is collecting the feedback into one place to make it easier to find. I'm pretty sure the mods here are actually keeping an eye and marking those that are actually providing constructive feedback and ignoring the rest.

Rati_Festa #20 Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45645 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostGrand_Moff_Tano, on 06 February 2019 - 10:59 PM, said:

From reading the forums on a regular basis.

That will be because you don't know me. If I'm planning on going somewhere to eat one of the things I look for is professionalism. So no it is not BS my friend, but my personal choice.

How did we get from screaming to dead insects? Can you remain consistent through your own posts just for several minutes. 

Or rather it is collecting the feedback into one place to make it easier to find. I'm pretty sure the mods here are actually keeping an eye and marking those that are actually providing constructive feedback and ignoring the rest.

I was just highlighting the fact that a customer complaint might actually be genuine... you appear to have forgot that customers have views/opinions. ( you should apply for a job at WG )

On the "constructive" feedback.... I suppose when you reading the forum ( accurately collating whines vs constructive posts :) ) you missed the post where the WG staff member fedback the forum is full of whines. Not exactly giving me the balanced parsing of feedback data vibe at all.

They have just dumped it in one post so they can blissfully ignore it... I leave you to your delusions ( and dining in sh1t restaraunts) now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users