Jump to content


Pedal to the Metal Event


  • Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

gunslingerXXX #21 Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:40 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 11984 battles
  • 2,640
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

WG chief: we need something new to get more money!

 

WG employee: how about wheeled vehicles? Fast, new, exiting!

 

WG chief: good idea, do it.

 

WG employee: Chief, I've made a nicely balanced three of french vehicles.

 

WG chief: nicely done, but Steve complains he is getting shot up the *** too much!

 

WG employee: I can nerf them more, but that would decrease interest and make you less money...

 

WG chief: just make a few missions so players will rush it even more. Also don't forget to sell x5 boosters and premium time as this will make the missions far more easy! 

 

WG employee: what to do with the premium? If it's underpowered and a crew trainer for a pointless line, nobody will buy it...

 

WG chief: bloat it in a bundle, make a marathon so players can grind to get a discount. More will buy it.

 

WG employee: but players that can not grind need to buy the full bundle then?

 

WG chief: da.

 

Good work comrads!

 

 

 

 

.......

And on a more serious note. I'm very dissapointed with the implementation of wheeled vehicles. I was looking forward to it but it's a major dissapointment for me so far. :(



Denton_0451 #22 Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:58 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24894 battles
  • 1,708
  • Member since:
    02-18-2011

View Postdotns, on 06 February 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

007 is fiction

 

Wrong. One well known German tank commander who had a medal in WoT was killed while serving on Tiger 007. Look it up if you want to on Wikipedia, I can't provide a link to the article because I'm afraid it would be removed.

R3dM0nKey #23 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:30 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14700 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    07-13-2011
How is one supposed to unlock the camo skin? This is impossible to do in such a short time frame unless you have a tonne of free exp and premium and no work. It's something like ~422k exp if you skip all guns and other stuff and only go for the next tank. Which is 52k exp you need to grind every Saturday and Sunday if you want to get that free skin. How is one supposed to grind that many exp? Or 16k exp if you play every day. (still a lot in my eyes.)

Edited by R3dM0nKey, 07 February 2019 - 12:37 AM.


gunslingerXXX #24 Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:54 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 11984 battles
  • 2,640
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

View PostR3dM0nKey, on 07 February 2019 - 12:30 AM, said:

How is one supposed to unlock the camo skin? This is impossible to do in such a short time frame unless you have a tonne of free exp and premium and no work. It's something like ~422k exp if you skip all guns and other stuff and only go for the next tank. Which is 52k exp you need to grind every Saturday and Sunday if you want to get that free skin. How is one supposed to grind that many exp? Or 16k exp if you play every day. (still a lot in my eyes.)

Spend money on x5 boosters, thats the point



zakktell #25 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:49 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28397 battles
  • 314
  • Member since:
    07-24-2011
I don't care about all this.When can we buy the premium tank?I don't want to win it with a contest or with streaming giveaways.I just want to spend my hard earned cash on it.So when can credit card warriors have it with out all the hassle?I don't care about if bundled or not.

raketak_ #26 Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:18 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 30824 battles
  • 56
  • [MLMAN] MLMAN
  • Member since:
    07-24-2014

   hello Eekeeboo

 

this "black widow" style for mission is exact as on your picture? Because standart "black widow" style is normal camo without skull and rest of extra stuff. 

http://cdn-frm-eu.wa...-1549446408.jpg

 



Cobra6 #27 Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:19 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16458 battles
  • 16,569
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Why is the picture contest linked to Instagram or Twitter, there are more then enough people who stay away from these services for good reason. 

Make sure contests like these include an email address to send entries to like they did years ago for every contest.

 

Missions are very nice, I'll certainly be playing these wheeled vehicles a bit.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 07 February 2019 - 08:19 AM.


Wolverine90 #28 Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:43 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 24268 battles
  • 100
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011
Sure give us normal sized maps and wheeled ones without taking XP from us... ;)

TheArk_2014 #29 Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:12 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64419 battles
  • 1,191
  • [AETOS] AETOS
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

View PostILoveMyMausItsSoMighty, on 06 February 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

I don't know where to write this so I will write it here I hope most people will see it here

 

my question for wargaming is: why I can't put 007 on my tiger 131... you know...because James Bond...

 

Because you/we cannot alter/change the appearance of/on the tanks with fixed/embed camo-packs, like the Tiger 131, Fury, Puder, Primo Victoria, Alpine Tiger, etc.

 

As for our topic, I'll give it a try ...

 

:bush:


Edited by TheArk_2014, 18 February 2019 - 11:36 AM.


iKnewIT #30 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 75539 battles
  • 855
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012

These missions is a mistake...

We already had too many LT's per battle.

(Four LT's per team is already too many in mine opinion.)

And with these missions there are up to 10 (or even more) LT's per team sometimes....

For a month...... :(:(:(

 

Less HP per team, bigger speeds and "spotting" missions on the top for LT's which are almost impossible to do with such MM setups. :(


Edited by iKnewIT, 07 February 2019 - 12:07 PM.


Gremlin182 #31 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:48 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 52632 battles
  • 8,655
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Couple of points

That is one tough mission and you don't even win a premium tank though in theory you might.

Kudos to wargaming for coming up with a very different event

OK stage one was easy as I already had the AMX ELC bis so the first Wheeled Vehicle was unlocked,

I also had a good crew ready to go into it.

Heck im already fed up calling these Wheeled Vehicles and tanks is confusing so since many were classed Armoured Cars im going with A/C from now one.

 

So we have to get the Tier 6 A/C and play 15 missions coming in the top ten and that's easy enough a set of missions gets you a Token.

But you have to grind the tier 7 for the next token and 8 for a third  9 for fourth and tier 10 gets you another 3 tokens ?

3 tokens gets you a garage slot Vents and Coated optics, 4 gets you the Black Widow special finish camo

WHAT !

Yep the plan is to grind your way through a brand new line to tier 9 for some camo.

Wait isn't there already a Black Widow camo in the game that you can buy for 750 gold, is that the same as the one we can win ?

ok you get a lot of coffee and other personal reserves along the way but still.

 

Of course you can avoid some of those missions by just playing the tier 6 A/C then using masses of free XP to straight to tier 10 to get another 3 tokens.

Of course you probably spend several thousand gold to do that and gain not very much TBH.

If however you just get one token you can go for a chance at one of the many great prizes if you tune in to the Stream and giveaway on March 8.

 

Re Wheeled Vehicles

No they are not tanks and SPGs are not tanks and for that matter tanks are not tanks because they are all armoured fighting vehicles or AFVs of various kinds.

Tank was just a code name from WW1 and is now mostly used here to claim some line a player dislikes shouldn't be in the game.

Based on that Strict definition Tank Destroyers are not tanks either.



eekeeboo #32 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:24 PM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46125 battles
  • 2,077
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostMyIQ_1, on 06 February 2019 - 07:29 PM, said:

 

May be because they are not Tanks

 

They're a combat vehicle still. 

 

View Postdotns, on 06 February 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

AM39 Gendron-Somua - tier II ???

.... eekeeboo....gift tank or what ???

 

What do you mean sorry? 

 

View PostBerto72, on 06 February 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

 

if this is the best answer  to convince us to grid a line.... WoW !

 

It's not meant to convince you, I'm not here to hold your hand and tell you why you should do something. If a person wants to ask a question "Why do we need wheeled vehicles?", simply put, why not? Why is having different play styles and vehicle bad? Why is trying new things bad? Why is it that change has to be met so negatively by people with no consideration at all for the game or the people around them who also play but only their self-interest. 

 

That is why "Why not?", because having to explain this, should not be a requirement. 

12:26 Added after 1 minute

View Postzakktell, on 07 February 2019 - 06:49 AM, said:

I don't care about all this.When can we buy the premium tank?I don't want to win it with a contest or with streaming giveaways.I just want to spend my hard earned cash on it.So when can credit card warriors have it with out all the hassle?I don't care about if bundled or not.

 

An announcement will be made soon. 
12:27 Added after 2 minutes

View Postraketak_, on 07 February 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

   hello Eekeeboo

 

this "black widow" style for mission is exact as on your picture? Because standart "black widow" style is normal camo without skull and rest of extra stuff. 

http://cdn-frm-eu.wa...-1549446408.jpg

 

 

It's not a black widow style, hopefully this should clear up some confusion. 
12:27 Added after 3 minutes

View PostCobra6, on 07 February 2019 - 07:19 AM, said:

Why is the picture contest linked to Instagram or Twitter, there are more then enough people who stay away from these services for good reason. 

Make sure contests like these include an email address to send entries to like they did years ago for every contest.

 

Missions are very nice, I'll certainly be playing these wheeled vehicles a bit.

 

Cobra 6

 

It's one of the best social platforms to allow community engagement and sharing with people who may be players already but those who aren't for things like your friend's list, while being the simplest and easiest way to do this with the tools already in place. 

Edited by eekeeboo, 07 February 2019 - 01:28 PM.


Berto72 #33 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 60736 battles
  • 1,156
  • [ORKI] ORKI
  • Member since:
    03-22-2011

View Posteekeeboo, on 07 February 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

It's not meant to convince you, I'm not here to hold your hand and tell you why you should do something. If a person wants to ask a question "Why do we need wheeled vehicles?", simply put, why not? Why is having different play styles and vehicle bad? Why is trying new things bad? Why is it that change has to be met so negatively by people with no consideration at all for the game or the people around them who also play but only their self-interest. 

 

That is why "Why not?", because having to explain this, should not be a requirement.

No, it should not....., if self-interest in game was not drop down by 20% of players summer after summer, all my platoon mate since 2011 did not left game, and swedish, poland and wheeled line was not a semi-fail....

I really like this game, but to raise my interest with no explains, id like to see less greedy policy, real fight to cheats, some bug fixed... not car race among tanks.....

Im really boring about  try to score personal missions, "M" marks, CW and campaign among TONS of people with Tundra inner or outer game.....   really....



Furlock #34 Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:17 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 66263 battles
  • 688
  • [EWOKS] EWOKS
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012

Yesterday I destroyed so many of them, that it became boring. I even sent an ally wheelie to Valhalla (my cat jumped on the mouse while I was driving behind one of them). That wheelie flew so high up in the air...

 

FRONTLINE NOW, and leave us alone.


Edited by Furlock, 08 February 2019 - 08:17 AM.


Gremlin182 #35 Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:05 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 52632 battles
  • 8,655
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

I always wanted wheeled vehicles in the game because I saw it as the best way to add some of the smaller  nations that had no own built tanks but quite a few armoured cars.

Players quite naturally want tanks used by their country in the game.

There are 3 ways I can see to do that.

 

1 Copies of tanks already in the game because these countries nearly always started their tank forces by buying Russian French or British tanks.

Later on they bought American and some were given German tanks.

2 We dig out all the planned tanks that were not built which gets wargaming accused of adding Fantasy tanks.

3 Add Wheeled Vehicles

Based on complaints on this forum 1 2 and 3 are all wrong.

 

 

 



eekeeboo #36 Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:15 PM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46125 battles
  • 2,077
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostBerto72, on 07 February 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

No, it should not....., if self-interest in game was not drop down by 20% of players summer after summer, all my platoon mate since 2011 did not left game, and swedish, poland and wheeled line was not a semi-fail....

I really like this game, but to raise my interest with no explains, id like to see less greedy policy, real fight to cheats, some bug fixed... not car race among tanks.....

Im really boring about  try to score personal missions, "M" marks, CW and campaign among TONS of people with Tundra inner or outer game.....   really....

 

Precisely you see it as greed, not as basic business principle... you want to stay in business, sell things. You want to keep players, release content for them to play. If someone doesn't understand this basic principle and see it as greed rather than a necessity for a game to survive that interaction isn't going to change a thing. 

 

 



WoT_RU_Doing #37 Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:02 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52418 battles
  • 2,479
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View Postraketak_, on 07 February 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

   hello Eekeeboo

 

this "black widow" style for mission is exact as on your picture? Because standart "black widow" style is normal camo without skull and rest of extra stuff.

http://cdn-frm-eu.wa...-1549446408.jpg

 

 

View Posteekeeboo, on 07 February 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

 

12:27 Added after 2 minutes

 

It's not a black widow style, hopefully this should clear up some confusion.

 

So I completed the missions, and got a style added to my account....Black Widow.....so how DO we get the special 3D style? I've tried to find information on it but either it's been edited/removed, or I'm just imagining that it was supposed to be part of the reward at some point?

shot_1106.jpg

shot_1105.jpg

shot_1104.jpg

shot_1107.jpg

 



eekeeboo #38 Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:52 AM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46125 battles
  • 2,077
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 19 February 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

 

 

So I completed the missions, and got a style added to my account....Black Widow.....so how DO we get the special 3D style? I've tried to find information on it but either it's been edited/removed, or I'm just imagining that it was supposed to be part of the reward at some point?

shot_1106.jpg

shot_1105.jpg

shot_1104.jpg

shot_1107.jpg

 

 

More details will be coming soon! 

WoT_RU_Doing #39 Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:56 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52418 battles
  • 2,479
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View Posteekeeboo, on 19 February 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

 

More details will be coming soon!

 

Cool - thanks for the swift answer :)

MaTaGaLaCiO #40 Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:35 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18519 battles
  • 23
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    10-25-2011
When are the photo contest winners announced?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users