"HITZONE" SKINS ARE THEY "FAIRPLAY" in WG modspacks ?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

MetalMicky #1 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23160 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Hi,ALL.

I'm asking the question should "HITZONE" skins be allowed to be in mod packs for WG? I was very surprised to see these type of mods being allowed to be used as they are CLEARLY an advantage to players using these over other users? To have the ability to aim at specific key areas on a tank to disable or damage parts or crew with single pinpoint shots is IMHO UNFAIR and should be removed by ALL mod pack providers asap.  

What is your views?

Or are you happy being ammo racked within 5 secs of play :P

Respect to ALL. Cheers. :)

xx984 #2 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 60562 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
knowing where to aim is one thing, Getting the RNG to damage said crew member or ammo is another. I used to use these skins years ago for like 1 or 2 patches and it helped me learn where to aim on my own. 

SABAOTH #3 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-
I never seen a topic like this! :great:

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:48 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

Damaging a module or killing a crew member depends on...

• Hitting that in the first place like Delta said above
  • The module's hp
  • Your gun's damage vs. modules

not just knowing where it is.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 06 February 2019 - 08:53 PM.

Bigtime_Alarm #5 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19997 battles

No, I just love being hit in tracks then ammo then fuel, then tracks then ammo then fuel like clockwork.

MetalMicky #6 Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23160 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Hi ALL.

This is the reply I got from WG Support....

Hello MetalMicky,

Thanks for contacting us with your issue.
According to the Fair Play Policy:
https://worldoftanks...ir_play_policy/
About in-match armor viewer (hit-zones mod):
"We believe that this functionality provides a significant advantage. Since we didn’t treat it as a cheat in the past, we are not adding it to the Forbidden Mods List for now. Instead, we are working on our own version of an in-match viewer that will feature a functionality beneficial to the game. Once introduced, mods that offer additional in-match armor critical zone viewing will be added to the List.
Please also note that this applies to in-match viewers only. The mods that some of you have, which only work in the Garage (not during the match itself) are great. To us, they’re not cheating. In fact, we think in-Garage viewers are a really helpful tool that help newer players up their knowledge and learn to fight better with or against different tanks. It’s only the ones that provide extra information in-match that we don’t think are fair and will be affected by our Fair Play policy."
All mods found at the out modhub site are reviewed and allowed- you don't have to worry.

I hope this helps, but if your problem's still unsolved, or you'll have any other questions, kindly contact us again.
Greetings,

Interesting to Know.....

Respect to ALL,Cheers :)

DracheimFlug #7 Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:20 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9984 battles

View Postxx984, on 06 February 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

knowing where to aim is one thing, Getting the RNG to damage said crew member or ammo is another. I used to use these skins years ago for like 1 or 2 patches and it helped me learn where to aim on my own. 

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 06 February 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

Damaging a module or killing a crew member depends on...

• Hitting that in the first place like Delta said above
  • The module's hp
  • Your gun's damage vs. modules

not just knowing where it is.

So the logic here is that if it 'merely' significantly helps you win, as long as it does not completely help you win then it is ok? Interesting logic.... 

wsatnutter #8 Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:20 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26066 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
ammo racked in the 1st 5 seconds ok lets see the replay or did the dog eat it? oh wait don't tell us

Edited by wsatnutter, 07 February 2019 - 08:21 AM.

Jigabachi #9 Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It's a grey area.
I used them for a while when I started to play, because there are too many tanks to learn the weakspots of. And it helped quite a lot with learning. That's why they should keep the skins as an option for new players. Especially these days, when the balance is totally screwed.
If you are somewhat experienced, they offer little to no advantage anymore.

btw: Interesting answer from the support.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #10 Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:34 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostDracheimFlug, on 07 February 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

So the logic here is that if it 'merely' significantly helps you win, as long as it does not completely help you win then it is ok? Interesting logic.... 

The logic here, WG logic too, is that this feature should be part of the game. According to them you should be able to view armor models in the garage but not in battle which makes sense actually for new players. But since it isn't part of the game and a mod with similar functionality exist they do allow it for the sake of convenience.

Also it's available for all players to install on WG mod portal so the only advantage anyone has is the "awareness" of such mod. It doesn't help you win more than any other piece of knowledge about the game. So use it if you need it or if you have really bad eyesight!

PayMore #11 Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25123 battles
  • [BWAH] BWAH
This isnt a esports game, so its a OK mod.

FryTheFly #12 Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26817 battles
I did math yesterday, I did hit 60% accuracy with 5% shots where I did aim, 20% close, other shots were near aiming circle line or disappeared. I did get hit by enemy 95% accuracy even from other side of map, 75% of those were criticals and from those only 20% to tracks.  So I think there is lot of cheaters (mod users) you just cant hit with out mods so accurate cause rng. Knowing where to aim seems to be cheaters answer but you can only hit so rarely where you aim without mods. OF course it helps me to know where to shoot but rng ruins it lot. So I challenge you to play without mods, like I do or are you chickens.

DeadLecter #13 Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29882 battles
Honestly those mods really make your games worse because you will be desperately looking to ammo rack others or set them on fire. I just aim for places that I know can be penned. I sometimes deal damage to ammo racks and other stuff, sometimes I don't. I couldn't care less about hit zones. Let Bobs and Steves try all day to hit my ammo rack

EldritchRogue #14 Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4704 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-

They are a very useful tool for newer players.

I don't use one as its too distracting personally, the only thing that the hit zones provide is a general knowledge of modules positioning in the tanks, something that you learn either way with time and experience.

I think the sentence „... they are CLEARLY an advantage to players using these over other users? ...“ is simply misleading and untrue.

First of all, ANYONE can use that mod, so the fact that some people use it and others don't is not a valid argument. You can always install it if you want.

Also, the „... have the ability to aim at specific key areas on a tank to disable or damage parts or crew with single pinpoint shots ..." is again misleading and untrue.

You have the RNG element and you can ALWAYS „disable or damage parts or crew" if you shoot the right spots.

The only thing these mods provide, is positioning knowledge of the modules.

I think you're just looking for trouble where there isn't.

Dadford #15 Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11109 battles
  • [-U_T-] -U_T-
Hit zone skins aren't telling you anything that isn't out there by wargaming. It's a memory thing.

8126Jakobsson #16 Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 74813 battles
Defending this mod with "it's up to RNG anyway" is an interesting stance. Let's aimbot. :P

seXikanac #17 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13192 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostMetalMicky, on 06 February 2019 - 08:42 PM, said:

Hi,ALL.

I'm asking the question should "HITZONE" skins be allowed to be in mod packs for WG? I was very surprised to see these type of mods being allowed to be used as they are CLEARLY an advantage to players using these over other users? To have the ability to aim at specific key areas on a tank to disable or damage parts or crew with single pinpoint shots is IMHO UNFAIR and should be removed by ALL mod pack providers asap.  

What is your views?

Or are you happy being ammo racked within 5 secs of play :P

Respect to ALL. Cheers. :)

View Postxx984, on 06 February 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

In any other game that would be considered cheating. Its OK to have them on tanks in garage, but in battles its cheating in my opinion. They can make rather big impact in heat of battle

View PostMetalMicky, on 07 February 2019 - 08:12 AM, said:

Hi ALL.

This is the reply I got from WG Support....

Hello MetalMicky,

Thanks for contacting us with your issue.
According to the Fair Play Policy:
https://worldoftanks...ir_play_policy/
About in-match armor viewer (hit-zones mod):
"We believe that this functionality provides a significant advantage. Since we didn’t treat it as a cheat in the past, we are not adding it to the Forbidden Mods List for now. Instead, we are working on our own version of an in-match viewer that will feature a functionality beneficial to the game. Once introduced, mods that offer additional in-match armor critical zone viewing will be added to the List.
Please also note that this applies to in-match viewers only. The mods that some of you have, which only work in the Garage (not during the match itself) are great. To us, they’re not cheating. In fact, we think in-Garage viewers are a really helpful tool that help newer players up their knowledge and learn to fight better with or against different tanks. It’s only the ones that provide extra information in-match that we don’t think are fair and will be affected by our Fair Play policy."
All mods found at the out modhub site are reviewed and allowed- you don't have to worry.

I hope this helps, but if your problem's still unsolved, or you'll have any other questions, kindly contact us again.
Greetings,

Interesting to Know.....

Respect to ALL,Cheers :)

Thats several years old answer

SABAOTH #18 Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-
By the way, apart from being an unfair advantage, how can you play the game with such horrible stuff? :amazed:

Jigabachi #19 Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSABAOTH, on 07 February 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

By the way, apart from being an unfair advantage, how can you play the game with such horrible stuff? :amazed:

You probably know only the old clown skins, but there are (or at least were) some that are more subtle.

SABAOTH #20 Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:47 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostJigabachi, on 07 February 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

You probably know only the old clown skins, but there are (or at least were) some that are more subtle.

Probably, I use only yasen krasen and garage mods, so I am not much into it :girl:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users