Vision or Rammer for autoreloaders?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

juggerulez #1 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:41 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 17180 battles

Greetings all,

so, in all that is world of tanks's community, everyone agree with the 'rammer verts, then the rest' meta. For the majority of tanks I agree with it, but on autoreloaders I have some doubts.

Another premises I must do is that I follow the "vision above all else" meta, which means that I love DPM and fast reload speed but only if I can actually see things to shoot at, thus you will often see me running with coats or even binocs as my 3rd item rather than the usuals (the only piece I give prio above all else are verts).

My games were all fun and giggles until I've reached the pantera. wow, such a lovely beast. I'm running her with binocs verts and rammer, but I'm starting to wonder if I should drop rammer for vents.

My crew is young, they just have bia and are about half way through concealment, will train sit aw and recon asap ofc, and I can't wait to put my hands on a spaghetto 46. (my only regret is to have deployed simon claws with another nation ç_ç )

So, at the moment i'm at 388.14/485.18 view and have 6.75/8.44/9.28s reload times. If I were to replace rammer with vents, I'd have 400.36/500.45 view and 7.26/9.08/9.98s reloads.

As you can see, vision increases over than +12/+15 but my reload times increase by .51/.64/.70 each which means 1.85 seconds for the full clip (from 24.47s to 26,32s).

My DPM varies about 7.5% which is not the biggest of deals considering that I will usually meet 1000+ and even 2000+ hp tanks, also I don't keep too much DPM into consideration on sneaky and peek-a-boom'ish tanks such as the pantera.

In this situation, should I keep the rammer like the meta suggests or should i place vents instead? 12/15 meters of range is more than sit aw provides (which in this scenario is +11.88/+14.85 meters) and ofc the rest of the 2.2% overall increase that vents provide, which is not the best but it is still better than nothing!

Thanks for your feedback :)

Edited by juggerulez, 07 February 2019 - 01:00 PM.

Geno1isme #2 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 51352 battles

View Postjuggerulez, on 07 February 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

My games were all fun and giggles until I've reached the pantera. wow, such a lovely beast. I'm running her with binocs verts and rammer, but I'm starting to wonder if I should drop rammer for vents.

Binos on a T8 medium is complete nonsense, sorry. Default config should be rammer, stabilizer and either vents (for firepower) or optics (for vision). There isn't much use in having 500m viewrange if you only have it while sitting still for several seconds.

With just BIA and optics you're already at 426m viewrange permanently, if you want more right now you can use food to have the magical 445m until you get the VR skills.

chubbysnake #3 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22750 battles
Drop binos for optics straight away. I would suggest using stabs rammer and optics if you can get up to the 445m view range. If not then drop the rammer for vents so stabs vents optics.
Do you use food on the pantera?

juggerulez #4 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:17 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 17180 battles

View PostGeno1isme, on 07 February 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

Binos on a T8 medium is complete nonsense, sorry. Default config should be rammer, stabilizer and either vents (for firepower) or optics (for vision). There isn't much use in having 500m viewrange if you only have it while sitting still for several seconds.

With just BIA and optics you're already at 426m viewrange permanently, if you want more right now you can use food to have the magical 445m until you get the VR skills.

Thanks for the reply, but why do you think that binocs are nonsense? I should say that they are in place of optics that will replace them asap, but I don't get the nonsense part. 

445 meters is the cap but it is countered by the enemy's camo value. If you wanna spot the sneaky gits from afar, it feels quite mandatory having enough vision to counter their camo... or am I missing something? :o

12:24 Added after 6 minutes

View Postchubbysnake, on 07 February 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

Drop binos for optics straight away. I would suggest using stabs rammer and optics if you can get up to the 445m view range. If not then drop the rammer for vents so stabs vents optics.
Do you use food on the pantera?

Thanks,

well replacing binocs with coats drops my vision to a 'static' 426 meters which is way below my comfort line. With recon and sit aw it'd go to 448 meters, but we're speaking about a 1000 games to reach such a level without a spaghetto... not the easiest feat.

no I usually don't invest on food because it isn't cheap and i'd have to drop auto ext, which is something i'm not too much confident in, especially without a firefighting crew and without preventive maintenance on my driver :\

StuffKnight #5 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38845 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_

Mediums aren't supposed to be camping, basically. Binoculars instead of Optics means you're not doing the flanking work and all that MT meta jazz.

That said the game seems to be rewarding camping more than ever anyway so do whatever the hell you want.

juggerulez #6 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:43 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 17180 battles

View PostStuffKnight, on 07 February 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

Mediums aren't supposed to be camping, basically. Binoculars instead of Optics means you're not doing the flanking work and all that MT meta jazz.

That said the game seems to be rewarding camping more than ever anyway so do whatever the hell you want.

well it's not like i'm camping if I stand still 5 seconds in a bush to proc binocs and then move on :D 

I'm not one of those who rock the tank constantly "just because", never felt it useful outside active combat scenarios (but then again you don't need binocs nor the extra view from optics in such situations).

I was wondering what vision you feel comfortable with, because from yours and his interventions it feels like 426 meters is more than enough for a med, that's it :)

Edited by juggerulez, 07 February 2019 - 01:47 PM.

Geno1isme #7 Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 51352 battles

The thing is that you can't do any active spotting with binos. You have to drive into a position, then stop and wait. As you probably only want to stop in bushes to reduce the risk of being detected you're very limited in what areas you can spot, no matter your viewrange. And if you get spotted while you're stationary you're much more likely to receive hits than if you'd be moving.

Typical case: you go into a bush, stop, wait for your binos to go up, sixth sense goes off, you try to run away but are already taking multiple hits as you need to accelerate. Same situation with optics you'd just go into the bush for a split second, spot enemies and instantly fall back before the enemy can react. Or you can peek to get spotted on purpose so enemies start shooting and loose their camo. Can't do that nearly as good with binos.

View Postjuggerulez, on 07 February 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

I was wondering what vision you feel comfortable with, because from yours and his interventions it feels like 426 meters is more than enough for a med, that's it :)

There is no magic number, it's just a matter of adjusting your playstyle to the specific situation. Binos on the other hand kinda force you into a specific playstyle.

Don't recall if I had optics or vents on the Pantera, but it was definitely below 440m viewrange. And I don't recall a single situation where I wished to have binos, and still got over 57% winrate with it. The Pantera is a pretty mobile tank with a great gun, always try to use that to your advantage, rather than crippling it artificially.

juggerulez #8 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:04 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 17180 battles

View PostGeno1isme, on 07 February 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

The thing is that you can't do any active spotting with binos. You have to drive into a position, then stop and wait. As you probably only want to stop in bushes to reduce the risk of being detected you're very limited in what areas you can spot, no matter your viewrange. And if you get spotted while you're stationary you're much more likely to receive hits than if you'd be moving.

Typical case: you go into a bush, stop, wait for your binos to go up, sixth sense goes off, you try to run away but are already taking multiple hits as you need to accelerate. Same situation with optics you'd just go into the bush for a split second, spot enemies and instantly fall back before the enemy can react. Or you can peek to get spotted on purpose so enemies start shooting and loose their camo. Can't do that nearly as good with binos.

There is no magic number, it's just a matter of adjusting your playstyle to the specific situation. Binos on the other hand kinda force you into a specific playstyle.

Don't recall if I had optics or vents on the Pantera, but it was definitely below 440m viewrange. And I don't recall a single situation where I wished to have binos, and still got over 57% winrate with it. The Pantera is a pretty mobile tank with a great gun, always try to use that to your advantage, rather than crippling it artificially.

Well the first part of your reply describes what I practically do on all my games, with the exception of the peek, which i do in two separate instances (first the sense bait, then move in and pop binos). I guess I could compound both in one regular move with optics. Like sacrificing view to be quicker performing such maneuver. I should try and feel the difference :D

I will remove binos in favor of optics and replace rammer with vents, this overall should provide me with a 436 view range. Not the most comfortable view range there is but still something I can live with.

Oldewolfe #9 Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 552 battles
I believe I have Rammer, Vents, and Optics on my Tier 8's, maybe al of them....      I'll have to look and Edit when I get Home tonight.....

juggerulez #10 Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:33 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 17180 battles

View PostOldewolfe, on 08 February 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

I believe I have Rammer, Vents, and Optics on my Tier 8's, maybe al of them....      I'll have to look and Edit when I get Home tonight.....

well, this is an odd setup, not the worse but still odd. why not deploy verts? it's the most important piece of hardware there is o.o' 

Veka26 #11 Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 60269 battles
  • [KRUL] KRUL
I would suggest to absolutely keep vert stabs and rammer, and if you have only BiA and no vision skills, keep binoculars too on Pantera. By the time you get to Standard B you will hopefully have Situational awereness and then run optics instead of binos, because it has 10 meters more base viewrange so you can get over 440 or even 450m with optics like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users