Will it be possible to get reward tanks anywhere else?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

OMG_Abaddon #1 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9630 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

I don't have any tier 9 or 10 tanks (well I have M103 but that's widely considered the worst tier 9 heavy tank) so I couldn't participate anyhow.

After a very long time playing this game I have 5375 bonds, 5000 of those were given to me during some sort of event I can't remember. So yeah, I literally have no means to compete on that stuff I guess?

I'd be interested in getting rewards for playing, but they way this looks I'll never get the chance to do so.

undutchable80 #2 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9252 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
At some point this year you can spend bonds on tanks, but it is highly doubtful (and rightly so) that Clan War reward tanks will be offered in that Bonds shop. But, we will have to wait and see.

mango91 #3 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:49 PM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 43209 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 07 February 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

I don't have any tier 9 or 10 tanks (well I have M103 but that's widely considered the worst tier 9 heavy tank) so I couldn't participate anyhow.

After a very long time playing this game I have 5375 bonds, 5000 of those were given to me during some sort of event I can't remember. So yeah, I literally have no means to compete on that stuff I guess?

I'd be interested in getting rewards for playing, but they way this looks I'll never get the chance to do so.

some serious dedication while marathons are up and you can get a premium tank as reward

for the tierX reward tanks, I can already tell you that you'd need more than a couple tierX to play in CW (most likely not the E5 unluckily)

ps. those 5k bonds are related to your account age

OMG_Abaddon #4 Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9630 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

Thanks for the info.

Well it's sad, at this point I still can't take part in events for some rewards. It's not terrible, but it definitely is a big letdown.

OreH75 #5 Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50155 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 07 February 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

Thanks for the info.

Well it's sad, at this point I still can't take part in events for some rewards. It's not terrible, but it definitely is a big letdown.

You've been around almost 8 years..look like you have had plenty of time to get some tier X's to compete in last campaign. 

OMG_Abaddon #6 Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9630 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View PostOreH75, on 07 February 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

You've been around almost 8 years..look like you have had plenty of time to get some tier X's to compete in last campaign. 

I made my account at open beta day 1, yes, but I haven't played 24/7 for the past 8 years.

Anyway, the tradition I've followed for years is full of games I loved and hated, I've quit this game a few times because I wasn't interested in pay2win games, I came back only recently on January after I heard about the gold ammo nerf, and I wanted to believe WG actually meant it, but only time will tell. Thus why those 8 years barely amount to anything.

I would have loved to focus a lot more in this game, but I prefer competitive games instead. The problem for me is that this game is very poor in terms of competition, it requires players to grind a lot to get to tier 10, which is the only place where you can do this, and then pay for power so you get the edge. Compared to real competitive games I've played:

- Counter-Strike was as easy as buy the game, enter ranked matches, be better than other players. No way to gain power, everyone gets the same kevlar, helmet, guns, and plays both CT and T the same amount of rounds. I've played this since 1.3.

- MOBAs in general (LoL, DotA, Smite...): Spend 15-30 days playing casual matches, enter ranked mode where everyone can pick the same heroes.

- RTS: Buy the game and play ranked matches, climb up the ladder when you get better.

I'm not trying to crapthis game, on the contrary, I'd love to see it flourish. I was hooked back in the beta, I loved the idea of tank brawling games, but back then it was even worse, gold only premium, pay2win was much more obvious than nowadays.

But then again, I've still played this game for a long time, I have a lot of branches with a lot of tanks unlocked an ready to play every day, what beats me is that I simply don't have tier 10 tanks yet. Some take longer than others, and unfortunately the tanks I liked back in the day (T29 mainly) lead to a dead end. I have fun at lower tiers and playing a lot of different tanks, learning them all, but I have to choose between diving deep into T10 and grinding 1-3 tanks at once to get them to the max, or play all the tanks for fun. It just happened that my fun wasn't compatible with getting rewards.

Anyway as I said, it's just one tank, nothing to make a fuss about, but I'm still sad.

DuncaN_101 #7 Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 54255 battles
Well you are fussed about it or you wouldn't have made this thread.

If you want more tier 10s for the next campaign.
Go for Russian and German lines. Allot of those modules carry over on different lines so you will only have to grind them once. (radio's engine's and guns)

OMG_Abaddon #8 Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9630 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View PostDuncaN_101, on 07 February 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

Well you are fussed about it or you wouldn't have made this thread.

If you want more tier 10s for the next campaign.
Go for Russian and German lines. Allot of those modules carry over on different lines so you will only have to grind them once. (radio's engine's and guns)

I'm pissed, you're right, just made the thread to ask legit if I could get tanks somewhere, though on that last answer I overextended myself.

I made a thread the other day asking if it was worth to farm a line or several tanks at once, didn't reach a conclusion although there were a lot of answers divided. The clan I'm in doesn't do anything anyway, I'm with some IRL friends and one of them doesn't even play every day. Should I even bother about T10?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:13 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31237 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 07 February 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

I made a thread the other day asking if it was worth to farm a line or several tanks at once, didn't reach a conclusion although there were a lot of answers divided. The clan I'm in doesn't do anything anyway, I'm with some IRL friends and one of them doesn't even play every day. Should I even bother about T10?

If you want to get to tier 10 pick two lines you like the look of and alternate between them. If you aren't fussed about tier 10 then don't bother, nothing says you have to if you are quite happy pottering around in the mid tiers.

TheDrownedApe #10 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 46122 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

don't bother fella. just play what you enjoy and look forward to getting farmed by all the 907s and T95/FV looning around.

Or you could go play tiers 1-7 and never see them

zlaja031 #11 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8787 battles
  • [HR-VA] HR-VA

ebay.com

You buy account with reward tank. 

Quintuss #12 Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29203 battles
  • [DIVA_] DIVA_

I'm pissed, you're right, just made the thread to ask legit if I could get tanks somewhere, though on that last answer I overextended myself.

No.

Tier 10 is the most expensive meaning you basically need a premium account AND good performance to break even or you have to farm silver on a lower tier to even afford it. Besides being super expensive i find tier X to be much less fun than tier 9 - while a tier 10 can never be lowtier you get a lot of tier 10-only battles and the "fun" you have with regulary 5+ high-alpha TDs camping on either side is fairly low. Mistakes that you might pay a few HP for on tier 7-8 tend to be game-over on tier 10 due to much higher DPM, alpha damage and gunhandling.

In your case i'd just enjoy whatever tank you like and occasionally try out new lines - you might not get CW-tier X then, but then again unless you drive tier X all the time what do you miss? While an O140 is far inferior to an O907 the other CW-reward tanks aren't exactly mega-good. You can get decent enough alternatives to VK 72, WZ121B, M60,... in the tech trees.

SABAOTH #13 Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:09 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-
Refer a friend program gave a crappy one, but's out now :trollface:

WhoCares01 #14 Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15551 battles
You can play the upcoming Frontline a week per month over the next months, starting next week, 11th, earning points to invest in various reward tanks, tier 8+, one still unknown - check the respective announcement. Frontline is played at tier 8, and you seem to have plenty of suitable (mostly premium) tanks as well (Defender, IS3A, Lorr40, ...).

Edited by WhoCares01, 07 February 2019 - 05:23 PM.

DuncaN_101 #15 Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 54255 battles

it really depends on what you want out of this game?

do you want to have fun with friends or do you want to be able to say you collected an entire techtree? or do you want bragging rights for CW?

that's a good place to start before you go on i'd say.

yes those reward tanks look fun and play well (that's also because most players that have them are good players) but they are only really worth it and important if you actually want to play competatively

Tier 10 play is nice to play if you ask me (ultimate PMM basicly) but its not mandetory to do if it's not your thing.

so basicly :) decide what you want

jack_timber #16 Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 35819 battles

Well for myself there's more 'fun' to be had at lower tiers, T10 is ok but nothing really to different to the lower tiers.

Here's a suggestion, play the tanks that give you a nice big grin...

xtrem3x #17 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33812 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 07 February 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

Clan wars reward tanks are not rewards for playing, they're prizes.

You get plenty of rewards for playing whenever WG decide to launch a premium tank with a marathon

Balc0ra #18 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68506 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 07 February 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

Depends on what you mean by it. High tier rewards usually need a high tier tank. Thus why you get 1 bond pr 100 XP if you get more then 500 on tier X. Or for the campaign reward tier 9's and X's. You need a high tier on multiple lines to stand a chance. And CW tanks are more a prize for getting high enough via dedication, more so then for simply playing. 

I mean I did not buy my first tier X until I got way past tier 10K games. But as you are still mainly on tier 8 after 8K games. I suspect it's not that vital for you? And thus you give up on some rewards as well. As those rewards are for those that dedicate time into lines. As in those that are flexible more so than the casual one. More so on the new campaign demanding high tiers from multiple nations. 

Now there will be tanks available in the bond store at some point, starting out with tier Xs. They also hinted at removed premiums getting added later on other tiers. But what 5K bonds will give you, we don't know. Could not even be enough for a tier 5 for all we know. Considering the price of equipment. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 07 February 2019 - 07:44 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #19 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8137 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Well, you can buy them on the Chinese server, last time I checked. :trollface:

Cannes76 #20 Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 69689 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE
Just put in the work like everyone else? Grinding an obj 140, WZ 5a and Super Conqueror isn't that much of a problem. In the end you will have 4 excellent tier X tanks to enjoy, so get to it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users