random battles are too random

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

rhwh #1 Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 570 battles
I noticed it many times by now, it doesnt matter if you do good in a game or not you cant really change the outcome of a game unless  you are far superior in skill.

A lot of times i do good and  still lose with high damage and 3-4 kills, winning my flank but by that time 70% of my team already died on the other side of the map.
A lot of times i do nothing and struggle even seeing or shooting something and barely get 3 hits in before the game is won and my team roflstomped them.

i feel like it doesnt matter what i do, the outcome is always "random"
Also i feel like a lot of maps are too small to properly make use of light and medium tanks.
I do like this game but im starting to question more and more with every game if its even worth playing since i dont want random win/lose i want to have an impact.
I think with 8v8 every player would have much more impact on the game, it would also make small maps bigger since there's less players around.

Any advise or anything? Im starting to lose motivation to play although i do like the game but the random battles feel so pointless.

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23220 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postrhwh, on 07 February 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

you are far superior in skill.

There's your answer and your mission.

Edit:- Remember, you are a very new player, it's takes time even to understand the basics of this game.

Edited by BravelyRanAway, 07 February 2019 - 04:05 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:04 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31237 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

How have you managed to get a 53% winrate if the results are all 'random'? Surely if that were true you should have a 50% WR right?

SaintMaddenus #4 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36313 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
There is a mode coming called Frontline you may enjoy.  Give it a go, you will get hooked then you cant escape.... Muhahahha

rhwh #5 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 570 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 07 February 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

There's your answer and your mission.

Edit:- Remember, you are a very new player, it's takes time even to understand the basics of this game.

so are you saying that unless im a pro player with 5 years experience im destined to have pretty much random outcomes most of the game where its irrelevant how i play? Sure i get more xp and credits if i do more dmg.

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 07 February 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

How have you managed to get a 53% winrate if the results are all 'random'? Surely if that were true you should have a 50% WR right?

thats not really how randomness works though, from what i understand wg has a system in place that roughly keeps your winrate at around 50% ?  i might be wrong.

Sorry guys im not trying to bash the game or anything, as i said i do like the gameplay but most of the games i play i feel like it doesnt have any impact at all on the game what i do, like i could just take a light tank and suicide rush into the enemy and play another tank and repeat that and i'd still win 5 games in a row.
Or i could be super try hard and be in the top 3 in damage done and still lose 5games in a row

I dont know.. to me something about this matchmaking system feels wrong, but it might just be me.
Also im not trying to say im good or anything, im a noob, this is just the feeling im getting now that im starting to understand the game more.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View Postrhwh, on 07 February 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

Sorry guys im not trying to bash the game or anything, as i said i do like the gameplay but most of the games i play i feel like it doesnt have any impact at all on the game what i do, like i could just take a light tank and suicide rush into the enemy and play another tank and repeat that and i'd still win 5 games in a row.
Or i could be super try hard and be in the top 3 in damage done and still lose 5games in a row

I dont know.. to me something about this matchmaking system feels wrong, but it might just be me.
Also im not trying to say im good or anything, im a noob, this is just the feeling im getting now that im starting to understand the game more.

Why are you sorry? If you notice something strange, which you did, you're bound to express your opinion about it.

And yes, you've reached the right conclusion. Teams compositions can be weird sometimes and no matter how you played or how much damage you did, you'll still lose the battle. It gets even worse in higher tiers so the golden rule IMO is: give it your best effort and don't care about the battle results.

Too much variables come into play to determine the result of the battle and can make the amount of damage you do quite insignificant to decide a win. In practical terms, say you're playing a tier 6 medium in a tier 8 game. What can practically be considered a good amount of damage? 1.5k, 2k even 3k sometimes and you could still be losing with that damage.

These are the rules of the game, use them to your advantage. Good damage, more kills, more spotting yields good wn8, good DPG and that's it. The rest is up to the other 14 players!

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 07 February 2019 - 05:04 PM.

SABAOTH #7 Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View Postrhwh, on 07 February 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

I noticed it many times by now, it doesnt matter if you do good in a game or not you cant really change the outcome of a game unless  you are far superior in skill.

A lot of times i do good and  still lose with high damage and 3-4 kills, winning my flank but by that time 70% of my team already died on the other side of the map.
A lot of times i do nothing and struggle even seeing or shooting something and barely get 3 hits in before the game is won and my team roflstomped them.

i feel like it doesnt matter what i do, the outcome is always "random"
Also i feel like a lot of maps are too small to properly make use of light and medium tanks.
I do like this game but im starting to question more and more with every game if its even worth playing since i dont want random win/lose i want to have an impact.
I think with 8v8 every player would have much more impact on the game, it would also make small maps bigger since there's less players around.

Any advise or anything? Im starting to lose motivation to play although i do like the game but the random battles feel so pointless.

Your average damage is 258, that's point to low tiers. Low tiers are pure chaos, there is not much you can do about it. :girl:

pecopad #8 Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25369 battles
  • [UGN] UGN
There is too much Random in WoT, RNG is too high and its frustrating

WhoCares01 #9 Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15551 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 07 February 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

He plays mainly Russian tanks, thus RNG is on his side, just saiyin' :harp:

Smart decision to do so, for sure!

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31237 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postrhwh, on 07 February 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

thats not really how randomness works though, from what i understand wg has a system in place that roughly keeps your winrate at around 50% ?  i might be wrong.

That's exactly how randomness works. In a random battle with random players in a random map the result is essentially a cointoss so you would expect a 50% WR. The only influencing factor that can shift that win rate up or down is your personal contribution.

The server average for WR is 48% ish and the absolute best players can only manage a 60% WR so for you to be rocking a 53% WR actually shows you are doing very well so far.

RollingSwarm #11 Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 381 battles
  • [EM0JI] EM0JI
At time of writing I am 265 battles in. You are one of 15 players green, and one of 30 on the field. It takes many games for your contributing factor into the battle results to be displayed in your WR. Just focus on the basics of dealing damage and staying alive simultaneously and I;m sure the %'s will go up with time :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users