Jump to content


Matchmaker Tweaks: Next Steps


  • Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

iKnewIT #161 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:11 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 75539 battles
  • 855
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012

View PostEliteMeidling, on 12 February 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

people wait for 3-5 minutes to get into frontline battles, yet it's better to wait than to play randoms with hated powercreep and MM issues. point made, case closed.

 

I haven't waited for more than 10-30 seconds in Frontline....

What class are You using for it?


Edited by iKnewIT, 13 February 2019 - 10:17 AM.


iKnewIT #162 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:55 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 75539 battles
  • 855
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012

View PostCasca74, on 12 February 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

I understand, and i look att these videos. The one u sent was good!! 

 

But the problem is that soooo many dont do this, dont bother or just sux!! This weekend i had a winrate of 27%.....(normally 48,5-49%)!!! 

Very often i stood alone againt 10-14 enemys jumping me, having a x-mas becouse my "TEAMMATES" died like flies in first 2,5-4 min!!!!!!!

I say that if there is gonna be system for Points use it in the mm as well becouse people have diffret skill and reason for playing…..and ending up beeing a punsch-bag for good/unicom players kills the game and makes people upset. 

 

Thx alot for ur tip on video!   :-) 

 

I do not know really what to advise to You...

I do not remember exactly, but I think that after 20k battles mine achievements was worse than Yours (and I still do not think I'm a good player despite WGR thinks I'm in the top 2-3-5 percent during last Year...)

Maybe You are already doing so, but:

1. Look at map as often as You can... (count opponents; try to guess where may be those who are still unspotted, but already have frags; etc.);

2. Turn off sniper scope after every Your shot, press RMB and look around... (You may not see some opponents on a map. ;) TBH, I've heard about that that RMB locks a turret after 4 Years of playing....);

3. When running out try to keep turret turned at the side of opponent(s) with the same RMB or autoaim (it may help to have some ricochets);

4. Try to see (and to be seen by) not more than one opponent at a moment;

and much much more "little" secrets and habits....

 

Besides, view range in most cases in the end of a battle may help more than DPM.

You should think about it while equipping Your vehicles.

Vents+Optics or even Vents+Binos and Brotherhood+other perks for view range (for lower tiers especially for reaching at least 440-445 view range; sometimes "food" on the top) is must have if You do not want to depend on Your teammates too much.

 

Spotting is.... showing opponents to teammates who CAN shoot at them and doing/repeating it until the END of a battle.....

(If there are no teammates who can shoot at opponents You are showing... it's not spotting. ;) )

It doesn't mean to be spotted.... but doesn't mean sitting in one "known' bush for all the game too... You should try to learn to use distance and objects...

 

Simply try to stay calm, do Your best and do not worry about victories. ;)

When You are angry, You do unreasonable decisions and more mistakes.... Take a break ;)

 

p. s. TBH, I only try to do as I wrote. I do many mistakes too.

p. p. s. Sorry for off-topic...


Edited by iKnewIT, 13 February 2019 - 12:50 PM.


AFerence #163 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:58 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 37971 battles
  • 17
  • [43M] 43M
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View Posteekeeboo, on 12 February 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

 

You may be convinced, that doesn't mean it's fact. And no, there is no different MM to paying vs non-paying customers, or better RNG, this is tinfoil sales propaganda at its finest. I can't stop you from trying to use the worlds supply of tinfoil on such things, but I must point out it's not true. 

 

 

 

It is hard to believe that top paying customers does not receive better MM and RNG. There are some visible advantages, which makes the paying customers better players:
-free experience for money (gold and gold for money) they can skip painful stock grinds
-100% crew and skills perks form money
-premium consumables 10% better
-x5 pack for money
-new tanks are (almost) always better the old ones (maybe there are a few exceptions) and the paying customers can have them first
-crew retrain without experience lost
Based on these is hard to believe that paying player are not rewarded by better RNG and MM. This is much harder to notice than the above listed advantages. As I said this is hard to prove but is hard to believe that is not true. I missing some stats like how many times a player was top tier middle tier or low tier. How many times a player was set on fire or ammo racked or low rolled or high rolled? And so on ...

 



iKnewIT #164 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:03 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 75539 battles
  • 855
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012

View PostAFerence, on 13 February 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

It is hard to believe that top paying customers does not receive better MM and RNG. There are some visible advantages, which makes the paying customers better players:

-free experience for money (gold and gold for money) they can skip painful stock grinds
-100% crew and skills perks form money
-premium consumables 10% better
-x5 pack for money
-new tanks are (almost) always better the old ones (maybe there are a few exceptions) and the paying customers can have them first
-crew retrain without experience lost

Based on these is hard to believe that paying player are not rewarded by better RNG and MM. This is much harder to notice than the above listed advantages. As I said this is hard to prove but is hard to believe that is not true. I missing some stats like how many times a player was top tier middle tier or low tier. How many times a player was set on fire or ammo racked or low rolled or high rolled? And so on ...

 

Which of these things You've mentioned have anything common with RNG or MM??????


Edited by iKnewIT, 13 February 2019 - 12:43 PM.


WoT_RU_Doing #165 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:36 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52386 battles
  • 2,470
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostiKnewIT, on 13 February 2019 - 06:11 AM, said:

 

I haven't waited for more than 10-30 seconds in Frontline....

What class are You using for it?

 

For me, Heavies at around 18:00 - 19:00 UK time produce long queue times of 2 mins or more. Most of the day it's much quicker.

iKnewIT #166 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:40 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 75539 battles
  • 855
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 13 February 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

For me, Heavies at around 18:00 - 19:00 UK time produce long queue times of 2 mins or more. Most of the day it's much quicker.

 

Understood.

I play with LT's.



WoT_RU_Doing #167 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:59 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52386 battles
  • 2,470
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostAFerence, on 13 February 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

 

It is hard to believe that top paying customers does not receive better MM and RNG. There are some visible advantages, which makes the paying customers better players:
-free experience for money (gold and gold for money) they can skip painful stock grinds
-100% crew and skills perks form money
-premium consumables 10% better
-x5 pack for money
-new tanks are (almost) always better the old ones (maybe there are a few exceptions) and the paying customers can have them first
-crew retrain without experience lost
Based on these is hard to believe that paying player are not rewarded by better RNG and MM. This is much harder to notice than the above listed advantages. As I said this is hard to prove but is hard to believe that is not true. I missing some stats like how many times a player was top tier middle tier or low tier. How many times a player was set on fire or ammo racked or low rolled or high rolled? And so on ...

 

 

I'd love to believe that I get better MM/RNG, but if that is true, the experience for non-paying players would surely stop them playing. If I want to get ammo racked, I drive a Chinese tank - they are pretty reliable in that respect. I was exceptionally annoyed yesterday though, when a player hit my Defender twice in his Progetto, from the front, and blew my turret off from full health  I'd never had that happen before on the Defender. I get bottom tier a lot, but it doesn't actually bother me, so I don't track the occurrences. Certainly it's more than half my battles, but like I say, I don't care.

Now this on the other hand simply isn't true..."-new tanks are (almost) always better the old ones (maybe there are a few exceptions) and the paying customers can have them first". Obviously you're not talking about premiums, because you have to pay for them. For tech tree tanks, there is always information available on what tanks are coming next into a tech tree. Even if you miss all the discussion on the forum and in Streamers videos, when the Common Test starts before an update, you can check what is coming, where it will go and how much XP you will need. Taking the new French wheeled tanks as an example, it was common knowledge that you needed to build up 32k XP on the AMX ELC to unlock the tier 6 wheeled tank. The morning of release I'd already done this and so when I logged in, I unlocked it within 5 minutes. Then I used the Free XP I built up over the last year to unlock tier 8 and 9. Anyone could have done the same, whether they paid or not. Admittedly if I'd been non-paying, I'd have had a bit less Free XP, but I hadn't converted it for gold, just built it up through battles for many months. (I almost always play with accelerated crew training switched on - it's cheaper).

So, I agree there are some advantages for paying customers - there damn well ought to be or why would you pay, but RNG and MM, I can't agree.  

12:06 Added after 6 minutes

View PostiKnewIT, on 13 February 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

 

Understood.

I play with LT's.

 

That'll certainly get you the shortest queue times ;) Example from 18:27 last night.....

shot_1033.jpg



eekeeboo #168 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:37 PM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46125 battles
  • 2,076
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostEliteMeidling, on 12 February 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

 

people wait for 3-5 minutes to get into frontline battles, yet it's better to wait than to play randoms with hated powercreep and MM issues. point made, case closed.

 

And if you look at the number of complaints from people who complain about this queue time you would see my point. 

 

View PostAFerence, on 13 February 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

 

It is hard to believe that top paying customers does not receive better MM and RNG. There are some visible advantages, which makes the paying customers better players:
-free experience for money (gold and gold for money) they can skip painful stock grinds
-100% crew and skills perks form money
-premium consumables 10% better
-x5 pack for money
-new tanks are (almost) always better the old ones (maybe there are a few exceptions) and the paying customers can have them first
-crew retrain without experience lost
Based on these is hard to believe that paying player are not rewarded by better RNG and MM. This is much harder to notice than the above listed advantages. As I said this is hard to prove but is hard to believe that is not true. I missing some stats like how many times a player was top tier middle tier or low tier. How many times a player was set on fire or ammo racked or low rolled or high rolled? And so on ...

 

 

I know some will find this hard to believe, but it's simply a fact. There is no preferential MM for those with premium or top payers. Generally those who pay the most can be those who play the most and thus get to know the game more. This is a general rule because you notice them more than those who don't pay but play A LOT and get to know the game in a lot of detail, you assume they pay but you have no way of knowing if they do. 

  1. Like free xp, this is something you can earn and doesn't give you better MM or RNG. This is a pay to progress element that any person can do and earn at their own rate. 
  2. 100% crew and other items can be bought but you can train, once again increase progress but don't give you better MM or RNG, you get minor advantages faster than if you grinded. 
  3. Premium consumables are available for credits and rewarded for missions, any person can get these and they're not locked behind gold. 
  4. x5xp is again a Pay to progress. If a person is only able to play 1 day a week, misses the x5 weekend, then why not let them pay for x5 first wins if they want to use them? They don't give you advantages just progress better, no better RNG or MM. 

 

The reward for the payment is the increased progression and ease of access, it's not additional benefits. If it was, you can be sure it would be advertised and more people would notice and buy those products with clear evidence available. As of yet, there is not a single shred of actual evidence to support these claims (Only confirmation bias) with numerous and endless threads and studies conducted by players that show these theories to be a fallacy. 

 

 

 



Homer_J #169 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 30916 battles
  • 33,282
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostEliteMeidling, on 12 February 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

 

people wait for 3-5 minutes to get into frontline battles, yet it's better to wait than to play randoms with hated powercreep and MM issues. point made, case closed.

 

When they think there is a free tank at the end of it.  Even one none of them would consider paying for if it was half price.

FRG_2015 #170 Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:08 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 36290 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    09-26-2015

View Posteekeeboo, on 13 February 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

 

 

 

I know some will find this hard to believe, but it's simply a fact. There is no preferential MM for those with premium or top payers. 

The reward for the payment is the increased progression and ease of access, it's not additional benefits. If it was, you can be sure it would be advertised and more people would notice and buy those products with clear evidence available. As of yet, there is not a single shred of actual evidence to support these claims (Only confirmation bias) with numerous and endless threads and studies conducted by players that show these theories to be a fallacy. 

 

 

 

 

only new players can belive that! it's clear that the game is riged in favor off paying costumers and CC members - yust watch some streams from QB, Skill4 ..etc  They have better RNG, way way beter RNG and MM. It's like a diferent game. QB gets 9 wins in row, no problem, while i get 14 losses in row - many times, he block more damage with light's than me in havy.

compare statistics pro tank - unicums hit 87% with B-C25t, much beter than my Strv (best sniper in the game -  but only for paying players)

yust compare your game expirience, pro tank, with unicums - and/or watch QB stream, like i said - it's a diferent game!!!!!


Edited by FRG_2015, 13 February 2019 - 04:15 PM.


FRG_2015 #171 Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:20 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 36290 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    09-26-2015
whay is there no (zero) fre to play - unicums?? - if the game is fer and balanced?

WoT_RU_Doing #172 Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:11 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52386 battles
  • 2,470
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostFRG_2015, on 13 February 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

 

only new players can belive that! it's clear that the game is riged in favor off paying costumers and CC members - yust watch some streams from QB, Skill4 ..etc  They have better RNG, way way beter RNG and MM. It's like a diferent game. QB gets 9 wins in row, no problem, while i get 14 losses in row - many times, he block more damage with light's than me in havy.

compare statistics pro tank - unicums hit 87% with B-C25t, much beter than my Strv (best sniper in the game -  but only for paying players)

yust compare your game expirience, pro tank, with unicums - and/or watch QB stream, like i said - it's a diferent game!!!!!

 

Like you say, it's like they are playing a different game. They hit with way more shots, get better win rates, etc. So what you're saying is that if I pay, it'll be the same for me? Oh wait...I do pay. I think it may be just down to the fact they are actually significantly better than you or I.

FRG_2015 #173 Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:39 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 36290 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    09-26-2015

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 13 February 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

 

Like you say, it's like they are playing a different game. They hit with way more shots, get better win rates, etc. So what you're saying is that if I pay, it'll be the same for me? Oh wait...I do pay. I think it may be just down to the fact they are actually significantly better than you or I.

 

you are arty player, in so dynamic game with mobile tanks you chose to play arty - there must be a reason for that, yust saying.

i compare tanks stats with other tanks - not arty, and than you see the difference.... or you can chose to remain ignorant ....

 



WoT_RU_Doing #174 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:31 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52386 battles
  • 2,470
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostFRG_2015, on 13 February 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

 

you are arty player, in so dynamic game with mobile tanks you chose to play arty - there must be a reason for that, yust saying.

i compare tanks stats with other tanks - not arty, and than you see the difference.... or you can chose to remain ignorant ....

 

 

Very constructive, well done. Actually if you check my record, about a third of my battles are arty, the rest are tanks. Nevertheless, when you resort to attacking me rather than addressing my point, it makes your argument look rather weak. AS I say, I see no evidence at all of players getting better RNG, MM etc. due to paying.

FRG_2015 #175 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:18 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 36290 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    09-26-2015

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 13 February 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

 

Very constructive, well done. Actually if you check my record, about a third of my battles are arty, the rest are tanks. Nevertheless, when you resort to attacking me rather than addressing my point, it makes your argument look rather weak. AS I say, I see no evidence at all of players getting better RNG, MM etc. due to paying.

 

dude relax, noone is atacking you, wtf are you talking about?? nothing i sad is insult nor attack toward you.

there is no proof for  what i am saying, it is not posible, that is the bigest thing mate. 

like i said before, watch some stream from unicums and MM they get, half games top tier in 3-5-7 , while i am maybe 10% top tier. please try to understand that. it shoud not be posible for them to be sooo many times top tier fighting against red players if everthing is balanced.    and then comes RNG too -   no mystery, no theory - it's a fact!

 nothing to do with getting better, just riged MM&RNG.

i dont have the chance too "get better" when i miss full aimed shot after shot - game after game.   aim - shoot, that's the game all about, but when i aim and miss shot after shot.... 

nuf said, wont post any more



eekeeboo #176 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:12 PM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46125 battles
  • 2,076
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostFRG_2015, on 13 February 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

 

only new players can belive that! it's clear that the game is riged in favor off paying costumers and CC members - yust watch some streams from QB, Skill4 ..etc  They have better RNG, way way beter RNG and MM. It's like a diferent game. QB gets 9 wins in row, no problem, while i get 14 losses in row - many times, he block more damage with light's than me in havy.

compare statistics pro tank - unicums hit 87% with B-C25t, much beter than my Strv (best sniper in the game -  but only for paying players)

yust compare your game expirience, pro tank, with unicums - and/or watch QB stream, like i said - it's a diferent game!!!!!

 

Only people who don't spend too much time around tinfoil! 

 

It's not clear, because it's not true. You assume, does not make it true. Have you ever thought they became a CC etc because they're good at the game and play well not that they are given skills for being CC. That's not how being a content creator works. If you genuinely think that is how it works, I advise you to try it yourself. 

 

View PostFRG_2015, on 13 February 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

whay is there no (zero) fre to play - unicums?? - if the game is fer and balanced?

 

There are, there have been plenty and you can search the forums of the times people did the experiment for it. People you SEE as a unicum get good and usually have donations or win contests to earn game content. 

View PostSaimanasi, on 13 February 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

 

 

​I hope you have a nice time with your friend. 

 

 



Samaliot33 #177 Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:43 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27084 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    04-19-2015

View PostFRG_2015, on 13 February 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

 

dude relax, noone is atacking you, wtf are you talking about?? nothing i sad is insult nor attack toward you.

there is no proof for  what i am saying, it is not posible, that is the bigest thing mate. 

like i said before, watch some stream from unicums and MM they get, half games top tier in 3-5-7 , while i am maybe 10% top tier. please try to understand that. it shoud not be posible for them to be sooo many times top tier fighting against red players if everthing is balanced.    and then comes RNG too -   no mystery, no theory - it's a fact!

 nothing to do with getting better, just riged MM&RNG.

i dont have the chance too "get better" when i miss full aimed shot after shot - game after game.   aim - shoot, that's the game all about, but when i aim and miss shot after shot.... 

nuf said, wont post any more

There is „something“ in this game. No doubts! At the moment I have quite interesting collection of replays of my games.  Example.: a few days ago. 3 bounces  in a row with obj 704 on two lights lttb and t49. This is what? Magic of rng?  Nice I have to say. There is much more „nice“  moments i personaly discovered. Truly I think they are making some special mm for individual persons and i think there is some temporary „gifts“ talking about vehicle stats. I truly think they nerfing tanks. This is almost imposible to prove. But it feels quite well when u playing with this tank 2000 battles and now it like bicycle. 



iKnewIT #178 Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:22 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 75539 battles
  • 855
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012

View PostSamaliot33, on 14 February 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

There is „something“ in this game. No doubts! At the moment I have quite interesting collection of replays of my games.  Example.: a few days ago. 3 bounces  in a row with obj 704 on two lights lttb and t49. This is what? Magic of rng?  Nice I have to say. There is much more „nice“  moments i personaly discovered. Truly I think they are making some special mm for individual persons and i think there is some temporary „gifts“ talking about vehicle stats. I truly think they nerfing tanks. This is almost imposible to prove. But it feels quite well when u playing with this tank 2000 battles and now it like bicycle. 

 

Yep, You are right... ;)

There should really be "something"....

And it seems, that MM and RNG is "fixed" for You too, because You are in the top 10% for sure by WIN7, WIN8 and WR at least for the last month. ;):P

 

Sorry for sarcasm, but I could't stop myself. :(



Samaliot33 #179 Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:15 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27084 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    04-19-2015

View PostiKnewIT, on 15 February 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

 

Yep, You are right... ;)

There should really be "something"....

And it seems, that MM and RNG is "fixed" for You too, because You are in the top 10% for sure by WIN7, WIN8 and WR at least for the last month. ;):P

 

Sorry for sarcasm, but I could't stop myself. :(

I improved a little bit i think. I like YOUR SARCASM... But I mean that it could be much better. Sometimes it looks like something holdS u. Abd that rng helps not much, U know what i mean... And yes except korean skins i play vanila since start. Thanks for oppinion. 



iKnewIT #180 Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:48 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 75539 battles
  • 855
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012

View PostSamaliot33, on 15 February 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

I improved a little bit i think. I like YOUR SARCASM... But I mean that it could be much better. Sometimes it looks like something holdS u. Abd that rng helps not much, U know what i mean... And yes except korean skins i play vanila since start. Thanks for oppinion. 

 

It's simple. ;)

In the beginning You are impressed with RNG when You blow up IS-3 with Your Cromwell.

Then, when You are getting better, You like RNG less and less, especially when the turret of Your IS-3 flies up after a single shot of Cromwell or both crew members of Your ELC are killed by splash, despite this splash has done only 20 or 50 HP damage. ;)

Then You understand that RNG is a part of this game and You should adapt with it or go to find another game for You to play. ;)


Edited by iKnewIT, 15 February 2019 - 09:05 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users