heavy british fv215b

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

tajj7 #21 Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27247 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Buff the side armour to a uniform 101mm, maybe even buff it to 120mm or something.
  • Remove the under turret weakspot like the Caern, Conq and SC had so it can sidescrape properly. (It would still have a weak lower plate and cupola weakspot) 
  • Increase the module HP of the fuel tanks and engine.
  • Give it the same turret as the tier 9 Conquerors buffed one.
  • Increase ammo capacity to 50 (I mean the small 430U can apparently fit 50 122mm shells, but the massive 215b can only fit 35 120mm shells?) 
  • Give it proper super heavy hit points as it is one, its massive and weighs 70 tons, so buff the HP up to 2800, putting it back as one of the highest HP tanks in the game, as IIRC it used to be 3rd overall behind E100 and Maus, but now Type 5 and 60TP have gone past it, whilst Panzer VII has the same HP and even the IS7 went up to 2400, 705A has only 50 less as well.

None of that IMO would make it OP or even great but would make it acceptable to play IMO. 

LordMuffin #22 Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50382 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 08 February 2019 - 06:18 AM, said:

Let's get something out of the way first. It "should" not have anything, it's an obsolete vehicles that got removed form the tech tree and replaced by a much better one and every owner got compensated with a S.C while keeping this relic. Any proposed modification for this vehicle falls under the QoL category, maybe around better balance.

It used to have better DPM and gun handling because of that rear turret configuration. Also still got the better gun handling over the S.C.

Which is why it was replaced! and it was, and it was, and it was....replaced, replaced, replaced.....

And in what position will the Pz 7 be if you buff the FV armor all around like you described above?

Pz 7 will still be a very strong T10 heavy tank.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #23 Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:57 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostLordMuffin, on 08 February 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

Pz 7 will still be a very strong T10 heavy tank.

LOL and you chose this particular part to comment! :D

LordMuffin #24 Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50382 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 08 February 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

Maybe i am just still mad about the 263 and the grille? :)

Good luck MrEdweird, i hope they'll buff it eventually and i hope they wake up one day and start looking at the rotten tanks across the tech trees.

I don't think WG is aiming to have all tanks of each tier being competetive.

The changes they make are often going in a direction which is opposite of that.

Maybe WG make more money if tanks are unbalanced.

But I would love it if all tanks of all tiers where similarly competetive.

11:01 Added after 1 minute

View PostCeeb, on 08 February 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

I think the 907, 260 and Chieftan will be due another buff before the FV215B

And the IS-7, Obj 430U and Obj 277E or Obj 279E or whatever the newest T10 reward tank is called. 

11:05 Added after 5 minutes

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 08 February 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

LOL and you chose this particular part to comment! :D

Yes, because the position of the Pz 7 won't change if FV215B get some slight buffs to armour.

Edited by LordMuffin, 08 February 2019 - 12:00 PM.

GentlemanDZ1991 #25 Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37189 battles
  • [O-S-C] O-S-C
If the weak spot under the turret gets removed from the 215b. Then it should also be removed from other rear mounted turret tanks which are sopposed to side scrape like Vk 72. Pz 7 etc. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #26 Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:20 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostLordMuffin, on 08 February 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

Yes, because the position of the Pz 7 won't change if FV215B get some slight buffs to armour.

Hilarious, just read the post right after yours!

The position of the Pz 7 won't change too if its armor will be buffed too since it can't side scrape properly which is what it meant to do the poor thing!

Oh wait but then the IS-7 will also need a pen buff since it can pen crap all with all this armor!

So what's the point of having a lightly armored heavies like the 5A or the 277 then when their guns lose the edge? Those also must have their armor buffed!

Hey, what about the meds?

You see where this is going? How about fixing essential problems within the game first then taking care of this wehraboo crap? Go back and read the discussion in the first page because what you wrote up there is actually pathetic!

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 08 February 2019 - 01:25 PM.

FluffyRedFox #27 Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 24790 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
I'd be up for the side armour profiles of the Squonk and 215b being swapped, as well as gun depression angles.

LordMuffin #28 Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50382 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 08 February 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

Hilarious, just read the post right after yours!

The position of the Pz 7 won't change too if its armor will be buffed too since it can't side scrape properly which is what it meant to do the poor thing!

Oh wait but then the IS-7 will also need a pen buff since it can pen crap all with all this armor!

So what's the point of having a lightly armored heavies like the 5A or the 277 then when their guns lose the edge? Those also must have their armor buffed!

Hey, what about the meds?

You see where this is going? How about fixing essential problems within the game first then taking care of this wehraboo crap? Go back and read the discussion in the first page because what you wrote up there is actually pathetic!

The Pz 7 is already in a good spot, it is a rather strong T10 heavy tank with good working armour (neither overperforms or underperforms).

The FV215B is a currently bad T10 heavy, giving it some minor buffs might make it competetive, but it will not make Pz 7 (obsolete unless huge buffs are made).

But this is WG, so anything is possible.

I don't think WG cares about the bad balance, I somewhat think the bad balance is a design decision in order to make players spend more money on the game. 

So this problem won't really get fixed I think.

MrEdweird #29 Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21328 battles
  • [-FUR-] -FUR-

View Postarthurwellsley, on 08 February 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

Absolutely correct, but the role of the 50B is to dash in amongst the super heavies, unload it's clip and then get out of the engagement.

If the FV215b is being set up to get into an engagement and out again quickly while maybe using it's good gun handling and fast reload to squeeze out two shots before leaving the engagement it will need a little more armour than the 50B because (a) awkward to manoeurve rear turret, and (b) the FV215b is as long as a school bus.

But the figures I gave were illustrative of the general concept I was recommending for the FV215b, I am sure WG could test them and do better than I could.

The other option is more in line with the OP suggestions which means buffing the armour enormously to make it another rear turret side scrapper like the PzKpfw VII, VK 72.01 (K), Maus, and Object 705A, which I personally do not think is the right path because (a) already a good number of armoured side scrappers, (b) does not fit with the UK heavies high dpm gameplay style and (c.) the other support heavies are autoloaders and so there is a gap for a high dpm single shot support heavy.

I didn't make a suggestion to buff the armor enourmously.

I get the feeling you guys replying to this thread havent read the conversation thus far since all of the stuff above was already discussed.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #30 Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:46 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostLordMuffin, on 08 February 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

The Pz 7 is already in a good spot, it is a rather strong T10 heavy tank with good working armour (neither overperforms or underperforms).

The FV215B is a currently bad T10 heavy, giving it some minor buffs might make it competetive, but it will not make Pz 7 (obsolete unless huge buffs are made).

But this is WG, so anything is possible.

I don't think WG cares about the bad balance, I somewhat think the bad balance is a design decision in order to make players spend more money on the game. 

So this problem won't really get fixed I think.

The Pz 7 is not a very good tank at all, you don't see many good player in those for a good reason. Try bad DPM, susceptible to gold spam, same bulges under the turret as the FV, huge target for arty and suffers from HE but that's off topic.

You can find at least 10 other tanks more deserving to be re balanced with more players and worse stats. Yes i agree that not every tank should be competitive, i also said that in the first page. I also agree that WG is extremely negligent when it comes to tank (and map) balance whether it's by design or just sloppy development.

I was just questioning the priority of such request and as a player i won't want another player to have the same unpleasant experience when playing the tank. That's why i wished the OP good luck and got out of the discussion. I really do hope the FV will be buffed along with many other bad tier 10 tanks!

LordMuffin #31 Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50382 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 08 February 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

The Pz 7 is not a very good tank at all, you don't see many good player in those for a good reason. Try bad DPM, susceptible to gold spam, same bulges under the turret as the FV, huge target for arty and suffers from HE but that's off topic.

You can find at least 10 other tanks more deserving to be re balanced with more players and worse stats. Yes i agree that not every tank should be competitive, i also said that in the first page. I also agree that WG is extremely negligent when it comes to tank (and map) balance whether it's by design or just sloppy development.

I was just questioning the priority of such request and as a player i won't want another player to have the same unpleasant experience when playing the tank. That's why i wished the OP good luck and got out of the discussion. I really do hope the FV will be buffed along with many other bad tier 10 tanks!

Indeed,  this tank is not first in line, many other tech tree tanks are in need of a buff/nerf before this rarity is touched.

tajj7 #32 Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27247 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 08 February 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

Panzer VII hardly needs to sidescrape anyway, it has like a 270 effective lower plate, most people I have seen effectively using the Panzer VII and 72.01.K play it like the old VKB, i.e baiting the angled front out to bounce shots as you can get it over 300 effective at worst. It's a tank that is already strong and really does not need armour buffs. Only change I'd give it is to remove the armour holes in the mantlet because those are silly on any tank IMO as you just get weird random pens that are pure luck, which is just annoying.

The 215b more needs to sidescrape because it actually has a lower plate weakspot that pretty much anything can pen even at extreme angles. 

Plus its overall a way weaker tank in more need a buff. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #33 Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:51 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostLordMuffin, on 08 February 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

Indeed,  this tank is not first in line, many other tech tree tanks are in need of a buff/nerf before this rarity is touched.

Ok!
13:57 Added after 6 minutes

View Posttajj7, on 08 February 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

Panzer VII hardly needs to sidescrape anyway, it has like a 270 effective lower plate, most people I have seen effectively using the Panzer VII and 72.01.K play it like the old VKB, i.e baiting the angled front out to bounce shots as you can get it over 300 effective at worst. It's a tank that is already strong and really does not need armour buffs. Only change I'd give it is to remove the armour holes in the mantlet because those are silly on any tank IMO as you just get weird random pens that are pure luck, which is just annoying.

The 215b more needs to sidescrape because it actually has a lower plate weakspot that pretty much anything can pen even at extreme angles. 

Plus its overall a way weaker tank in more need a buff. 

Again the Pz 7 got a lot of bad things going than just the armor layout, see my previous post. Odd thing is that i can't find this 200 mm hole in the mantlet any more! I am not sure but i think WG buffed that and left the bulges on the side while leaving the VK 72 mantlet hole and buffing it's sides.

Read my posts on the first page and you'll find that i agree with the OP that these bulges on the side needs a buff!

Edit: Now we know that when faced we facts, no reply is to be expected from you so let's not try that again!

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 08 February 2019 - 10:10 PM.

Also tagged with heavy, british, fv215b

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users