All About Frontline 2019

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

Snaques #161 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29352 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

Now I remember why I wasn't missing the FL one bit. The super unbalanced map (this time for offence) plus 30 enemy "arties". I have played 10 games and attacking side has won 9 and it hasn't even been close.

Oh yeah and the infestation of Defenders... :(

PS. Obviously WG also messed up the servers, but that was to be expected. 

Edited by Snaques, 11 February 2019 - 11:56 PM.

zlaja031 #162 Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10555 battles

I don't see a  ceasefire in the regulations? Does this mean 24/7? 

1. Skorpion G is crap
  2. Defender is crap
  3. I don't get it why people spam premium
  4. I don't get why people won't reset cap
  5. I don't get why people invest so much in C (which is the hardest point)

So yeah, good mode, good credits, I might even grind out VTU. Really good. No need for APCR/HEAT for me, because you can aim shots and pen. 

HardcoreLetsPlay #163 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2294 battles
  • [HARD-] HARD-
First day FRONTLINE - top replay - 

WOT: Frontline 2019 WORLD OF TANKS 

Miepie #164 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3094 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

View Postnakkipeppu, on 11 February 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

If queue is full, just spam the battle button, it'll let you in eventually.

How much total XP is needed for tier 30, anybody figure out yet, or is it listed somewhere ?

From what was posted earlier, 30,500 "tier advancement points" (determined by the rank you gain during the battle). So far, it seems to hold up with regards to the low level numbers that were posted (got to tier-4-and-a-bit in three battles this evening, win-win-loss, lieutenant-sergeant-captain respectively).

Had no queue problems on EU2, though I started FL relatively late because I still needed to deal with filthy cat litter boxes, the supermarket and getting the last two tokens from the weekend mission first. :great:

Rato_Black_Baron #165 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31939 battles

OK, I've played my first 4 frontline battles.

Tier 30 means 1 prestige!?

When you get to prestige VI, you should not get the STA-2 right away, so you may continue to prestige X, to get all the prestige rewards!?

Even when getting to prestige X, you should wait untill November, to know what exchanging prestige points for gold and bonds in later FL episodes means (instead of exchanging them for tanks)!?

Or am I misunderstanding what prestige X means?? What prestige level do you get with 11 prestige points???

How do we win combate reserve points? Is it 1 for each battle?? Do I lose anything by activating them?

Where are the overall FL stats in garage?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.:honoring:

Great event with fresh and interesting gameplay. Looks like even short on time to play the game, I will get at least the STA-2, a lot of bonds and some gold (1 prestige = 200 gold ?!?).

SlyMeerkat #166 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:42 AM

Major

• Player
  • 17757 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View Postsultanson, on 11 February 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

It helps lower skill players as aiming at weak points is less important.

Also just like to say thanks WG for getting Frontline to run so much better than last time around. Frame rate seems great.

Sounds like a bad habit to form and i very much doubt just pressing the 2 key for easier pen will help you to be a better player in the long run and very costly too

Edited by SlyMeerkat, 12 February 2019 - 01:45 AM.

Miepie #167 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3094 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 12 February 2019 - 01:42 AM, said:

Sounds like a bad habit to form and i very much doubt just pressing the 2 key for easier pen will help you to be a better player in the long run and very costly too

I've not used the 2 key so far... though mainly because the number of heavily armoured heavy tanks encountered was low. Plus, there's room enough to either outflank or simply outrun them.
01:08 Added after 3 minutes

View PostRato_Black_Baron, on 12 February 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

How do we win combate reserve points? Is it 1 for each battle?? Do I lose anything by activating them?

I started with one combat reserve point (put that in engineering) and for the first battle I played (reached lieutenant) I got one extra. Second battle I reached only sergeant and got none, third battle I reached captain and got two. Put them all into engineering, because it seemed like a good plan. :izmena:

Edit: upon looking at my screen, it seems you get a combat reserve point for advancing a Tier thing.

Edited by Miepie, 12 February 2019 - 02:10 AM.

CptJackSquirrel #168 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5687 battles
  • [KULIN] KULIN

I was so hyped about this FL mode because I heard it's great for grinding T8 tanks.

Yesterday I played 3 games and attacking team won every game. In every game there were only  tanks like Progetto 46 (and other auto(re)loaders), Defenders and LT432. What am I supposed to do agains them in my stock IS-3 and T-44?? I have feeling that I could earn more exp in Random Battle mode... Only my Pershing (full researched) had some impact on the game

Also everybody is just watching to do lots of DMG and there is 0 teamplay expirience.

I'll try it again later this week but I don't have big hopes from this game mode.

Edited by CptJackSquirrel, 12 February 2019 - 08:18 AM.

adameitas #169 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 67071 battles
  • [LTTTT] LTTTT

so far played 10 games. 6 attacks (all lost) and 4 defense (somehow managed to loose one..). Some thoughts. Gonna start from bright side:

that thing about prestige points and reward tanks is good. But i think it would be better not to give a well known tank (now it is sta and wz) but add a ticket for some gold lets say for 6 points a ticket with 5k gold (you can buy only tank for it and only one even if it cost less then 5k, also if you want you can add some gold from your side and buy a tank that cost more then 5k). it will be win/win situation, players would be able to choose what they want and wg would get some cash.

very nice creds income. Got 3 millions in 10 games (7 losses). And that was far from hard trying and there were no bad games.

Dark side:

map balance is bad. I mean i dont see any changes from last time. In my 10 games defense won 9. Like half time offense failed to reach guns.. I am really surprised that so many players report that attackers win more ?! C sector is a death land for attackers more or less like last time. Not sure but it seems they changed repair zone there and now it is even harder to cap. Compare to C Mines encounter looks like balanced thing. While sector A often falls in first minutes. Sector B seems balanced. Sectors D, E, F seems ok. Also it seems that to protect guns 5 and 4 is easier.

Also really guys we dont need more arty forms in this mode..

Suggestions:

remove arty or arty reserve.

Remove caps and add bunkers/guns instead of them. They could be damaged only from behind and would have certain number of HP. Also add repair reserve. Lets say defending team player/players could repair bunker/gun for like 200 or so HP by sticking closer then 50 meters away from them for like 15 secs. 

Make repair zone cooldown shorter for attackers.

We need at least one more map. In few days ppl will get tired of it. Also gonna find out all OP and UP positions (like C Sector, when players will spawn here they will go and suicide and then will go for A or B) and it wont make gameplay better. 

DedaMraz82 #170 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20119 battles
I have one question.
If I reach level 24 (for example), will I be able in next episode (next month) to continue from 24th level or I need to play from 0?

CallMeGeralt #171 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33724 battles
Last year FL was really nice....now its nice and all that, but WG made changes that made Attacking side OP. Srsly, like 80% wins for attacking side, really hard to deff. For example, B is impossible to deff and A is also very hard...only C is decent to deff.... idk WG, would be nice to revert it to last year's settings. 

____Green____ #172 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:06 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20725 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

160k+  online on EU 

WOW!!!!!!!

Reminds me "walking dead" :D

Keep it going WG. 

Edited by Asklepi0s, 12 February 2019 - 10:23 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to use of red

MontiPyton #173 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:24 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44809 battles
  • [SGMG] SGMG

some numbers, please help me

F = Front line points to get  lvl 30 = 30500

C = captain reward = 600

P = pestige levels 10

AG = average time battle + time to join + time to go back garage = 20 min

Bh = battles in an hour 60/20 = 3 

so to get level 10 getting always captain 

total points = F*P = 305.000

total battles = total points / C  = 508

total hours = total battles / Bh = 169 Hours 

each stage = total hours /P = 17 hours  

play each day  almost 3 hours  to get it in 1 week

if you are super PRO and get ALWAYS general rank, just divide numbers by 2

NoobGoneBad #174 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:26 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35096 battles
  • [O-L-T] O-L-T

View Post____Green____, on 12 February 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

160k+  online on EU 

WOW!!!!!!!

Reminds me "walking dead" :D

Keep it going WG. 

I saw 178 000 around 22:00 CET
But 5 hours playing, 6m credits, level 26. Damn i love this mode :D

I love that ally dam is banned. 

FrantisekBascovansky #175 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21505 battles

Thank WG for Frontline mode.

It makes Randoms playable again.

- without all that Spaghettos, Defenders, IS-3As, SkorpGs

- being toptier and equaltier more often

- ended with 80%ish WR yesterday

OohSpicy #176 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 24312 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

View PostDedaMraz82, on 12 February 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

I have one question.
If I reach level 24 (for example), will I be able in next episode (next month) to continue from 24th level or I need to play from 0?

"It’s also important to note that the progress of Frontline Tier within one Prestige Level is not reset. For example, if in the first Episode you ended up on Frontline Tier 25, then in the second Episode you’ll start from the same point." - https://worldoftanks...-1-regulations/

Had to go check that out since I was wondering the same thing.

Geno1isme #177 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:57 AM

General

• Player
  • 46099 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostRato_Black_Baron, on 12 February 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

Tier 30 means 1 prestige!?

It means you can update your prestige level and go back to frontline tier 1. The number of prestige points depends on your prestige level. You can earn a maximum of 27 points total.

When you get to prestige VI, you should not get the STA-2 right away, so you may continue to prestige X, to get all the prestige rewards!?

You can only get two of the reward tanks at most. The STA costs 6 points, the Wz-111 10 points, the Emil 12 points and the unknown T9 tank 15 points.

Even when getting to prestige X, you should wait untill November, to know what exchanging prestige points for gold and bonds in later FL episodes means (instead of exchanging them for tanks)!?

Nope. You'll only get gold/bonds for unspent prestige points if you can't buy a tank with them anymore.

You get one point per frontline tier, so a maximum of 30 points which allows you to upgrade all reserves to maximum. There is no other use for them, so no point in not activate them right away. Of course if you reach tier 30 you're going to reset for updating your prestige level and loose all your combat reserve points.

Where are the overall FL stats in garage?

There are no stats for Frontline at this time.

WoT_RU_Doing #178 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:05 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54320 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
Just had a battle finish in 13mins 30. We were defending. After 12 minutes the enemy had failed to cap anywhere, but were still trying so they got an extra 90 seconds. Then it was over....rather a disappointing one actually.

SlyMeerkat #179 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 17757 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View PostMiepie, on 12 February 2019 - 01:04 AM, said:

I've not used the 2 key so far... though mainly because the number of heavily armoured heavy tanks encountered was low. Plus, there's room enough to either outflank or simply outrun them.

Thats what i mean, no need as there is plenty of room to move about and such quite easily 

Objec7 #180 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14738 battles

View Postadameitas, on 12 February 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

so far played 10 games. 6 attacks (all lost) and 4 defense (somehow managed to loose one..). Some thoughts. Gonna start from bright side:

that thing about prestige points and reward tanks is good. But i think it would be better not to give a well known tank (now it is sta and wz) but add a ticket for some gold lets say for 6 points a ticket with 5k gold (you can buy only tank for it and only one even if it cost less then 5k, also if you want you can add some gold from your side and buy a tank that cost more then 5k). it will be win/win situation, players would be able to choose what they want and wg would get some cash.

very nice creds income. Got 3 millions in 10 games (7 losses). And that was far from hard trying and there were no bad games.

Dark side:

map balance is bad. I mean i dont see any changes from last time. In my 10 games defense won 9. Like half time offense failed to reach guns.. I am really surprised that so many players report that attackers win more ?! C sector is a death land for attackers more or less like last time. Not sure but it seems they changed repair zone there and now it is even harder to cap. Compare to C Mines encounter looks like balanced thing. While sector A often falls in first minutes. Sector B seems balanced. Sectors D, E, F seems ok. Also it seems that to protect guns 5 and 4 is easier.

Also really guys we dont need more arty forms in this mode..

Suggestions:

remove arty or arty reserve.

Remove caps and add bunkers/guns instead of them. They could be damaged only from behind and would have certain number of HP. Also add repair reserve. Lets say defending team player/players could repair bunker/gun for like 200 or so HP by sticking closer then 50 meters away from them for like 15 secs. 

Make repair zone cooldown shorter for attackers.

We need at least one more map. In few days ppl will get tired of it. Also gonna find out all OP and UP positions (like C Sector, when players will spawn here they will go and suicide and then will go for A or B) and it wont make gameplay better. 

Good thoughts but arty reserves are needed, people camps even in attacks, it's better that they are scared of getting arty shot if they camp. The reason why you lose all your attacks is because people camp too much when attacking a.k.a. playing cowardly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users