All About Frontline 2019

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

AngryBot365 #181 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22289 battles
  • [G_LT] G_LT

To get the tier IX tank we will gonna need to play 90-120 hours per week??? because it's written that you need prestige X+15... So We will gonna need to finish the last week and make 6x30? o.O

Cmdr_Psycho #182 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:47 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 18769 battles
  • [ACTS] ACTS

View PostAngryBot365, on 12 February 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

To get the tier IX tank we will gonna need to play 90-120 hours per week??? because it's written that you need prestige X+15... So We will gonna need to finish the last week and make 6x30? o.O

Prestige X plus 15 points. See the 1951 who nees his prestige level plus 12 points.

If you finish Prestige X you have 27 points and need at least 15 of them for the unknown tier 9. That's whats written there ;)

eekeeboo #183 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:28 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46243 battles

View PostAngryBot365, on 12 February 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

​Don't forget that FL is available once a week a month. 

Nandee #184 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36809 battles
  • [KV2I] KV2I

View PostObjec7, on 12 February 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

Good thoughts but arty reserves are needed, people camps even in attacks, it's better that they are scared of getting arty shot if they camp. The reason why you lose all your attacks is because people camp too much when attacking a.k.a. playing cowardly.

This could be true, but you can also get bombarded on cap-->many people don't go on cap because of this :) Arty and bombers are only cheap, uncreative ideas. Smoke/inspire is much more creative, but e.x smoke is hardly used because it barely gives you points to advance your rank

PanzerPjotr #185 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42805 battles
  • [DFPC] DFPC

It's official;

The so long anticipated FrontLine mode is here.............and WG managed to ff it up by introducing unwanted and unnecessary changes and failed to address problems that were obvious last time. Here my list of grievances:

1 Capping can only be stopped by eliminating all cappers (the temporary pause when you hit a capper is a laughable change). As a result, the attackers only have to swamp the cap and have one tank remaining. In areas A and B there is cover, so these areas are capped first and are impossible to defend.

2 Switching to another zone leads to swamping with tanks, attackers can spawn in adjacent zones and drive to the desired zone resulting in more than 12 tanks in one zone. The same thing in reverse is true for defenders who tend to concentrate in the C,F,I zones where they can easily prevent capping of C by spawn killing the attackers. This leads to over-concentration of defenders and evading of these zones by attackers, contributing to a serious imbalance of gameplay.

3 When a cap is imminent, defenders already tend to leave early to avoid being shot when retreating, but in doing so seriously diminish the ability to defend. Also when a zone is capped, a defender has to turn tail and get out of the capped zone. This results in the attackers having a turkey shoot and easily can kill most retreating tanks. The only remedy against this is retreating in an early stage, or take position to resist and do some damage until killed by enemy tanks or arty. Very annoying.

4 When killed. Even when a respawn is available you still are forced to wait 15 secs before reentering the game, When defending you quite often are spawning quite some distance from the action, which means you are busy getting into the fight for way too long. Attackers (especially in the beginning) seem to be spawning much closer to the action. This causes attackers to have an unnecessary advantage.

5 After the initial areal bombardment when a cap is lost, defenders can reenter the zone they lost and harass the attacking enemy which is a [edited]nuisance.

Solutions:

1 Reinstate the old capping mechanic, where damage resets the cap points for the tank that is hit.

2 Make each zone 10 vs 10 and no more! When players want to spawn in a different zone than where they died,

they should be penalized by having them spawn way in the back.

3 Automatically generate a smoke screen on the defending position, so defenders can retreat with some chance to survive.

4 Shorten time and distance for respawning

5 Make capped areas no go areas for defenders by having the areal bombardment as a permanent feature 

Furthermore, you get the same mode far too often, its either attack for umpteen times or defend for a bunch of times. Mixing it up a bit more would be nice.

Edited by PanzerPjotr, 14 February 2019 - 02:25 AM.

zlaja031 #186 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10165 battles

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 12 February 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

Thank WG for Frontline mode.

It makes Randoms playable again.

- without all that Spaghettos, Defenders, IS-3As, SkorpGs

- being toptier and equaltier more often

- ended with 80%ish WR yesterday

They've tried pull the same crapwith GB but it's a flip. This is actually useful random replacement vs that T10 *edited*

Edited by Daxeno, 12 February 2019 - 04:44 PM.
Inappropriate remarks.

zlaja031 #187 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10165 battles

View PostPanzerPjotr, on 12 February 2019 - 01:32 PM, said

Solutions:

1 Reinstate the old capping mechanic, where damage resets the cap points for the tank that is hit.

2 Make each zone 10 vs 10 and no more! When players want to spawn in a different zone than where they died,

3 Automatically generate a smoke screen on the defending position, so defenders can retreat with some chance to survive.

5 Make capped areas no go areas for defenders by having the areal bombardment as a permanent feature 

1. remove arty and strikes then.

2. Really? make each line 1 tank also? 

3. This is good 

4. This isn't good because it favors reckless play and people with many tanks. 

5. This is also good because often you can farm C from F and B from E. 

TheArk_2014 #188 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64970 battles
  • [AETOS] AETOS

View PostPanzerPjotr, on 12 February 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

It's official;

The so long anticipated FrontLine mode is here.............and WG managed to [edited]it up by introducing unwanted and unnecessary changes and failed to address problems that were obvious last time. Here my list of grievances:

1 Capping can only be stopped by eliminating all cappers (the temporary pause when you hit a capper is a laughable change). As a result, the attackers only have to swamp the cap and have one tank remaining. In areas A and B there is cover, so these areas are capped first and are impossible to defend.

2 Switching to another zone leads to swamping with tanks, attackers can spawn in adjacent zones and drive to the desired zone resulting in more than 12 tanks in one zone. The same thing in reverse is true for defenders who tend to concentrate in the C,F,I zones where they can easily prevent capping of C by spawn killing the attackers. This leads to over-concentration of defenders and evading of these zones by attackers, contributing to a serious imbalance of gameplay.

3 When a cap is imminent, defenders already tend to leave early to avoid being shot when retreating, but in doing so seriously diminish the ability to defend. Also when a zone is capped, a defender has to turn tail and get out of the capped zone. This results in the attackers having a turkey shoot and easily can kill most retreating tanks. The only remedy against this is retreating in an early stage, or take position to resist and do some damage until killed by enemy tanks or arty. Very annoying.

4 When killed. Even when a respawn is available you still are forced to wait 15 secs before reentering the game, When defending you quite often are spawning quite some distance from the action, which means you are busy getting into the fight for way too long. Attackers (especially in the beginning) seem to be spawning much closer to the action. This causes attackers to have an unnecessary advantage.

5 After the initial areal bombardment when a cap is lost, defenders can reenter the zone they lost and harass the attacking enemy which is a [edited]nuisance.

Solutions:

It is obvious that you didn't play the previous Front-Line mod ...

:facepalm:

The basic story here is that WG had/have a VERY SUCCESSFUL mod ...

... and it is well known to every one that you do not alter/change something that popular and successful.

:B

Edited by TheArk_2014, 12 February 2019 - 10:33 PM.

NoobGoneBad #189 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34537 battles
  • [O-L-T] O-L-T

View PostPanzerPjotr, on 12 February 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

It's official;

The so long anticipated FrontLine mode is here.............and WG managed to [edited]it up by introducing unwanted and unnecessary changes and failed to address problems that were obvious last time. Here my list of grievances:

Solutions:

Dude , useless info. 

1. first of all, if all enemy players go into the cap, then they are just sitting ducks for good players. This is good because if you get hit and this resets the cap, then attacking team prolly wont even get out of the first line of attack. In sector A u can shoot the cap from 3 different angles, good players pick them out easily. 

2. So you want to take out all tactics? Again, good players choose their tactic, if they see that 1 front needs your help, you go there to try to take it or defend it. You just have to pick your tanks and tactics.

3. My games are always very balanced and always go down to the wire, usually under minute to decide if you lose or win the game. And since i usually end up general i must be doing something right. And this FL mode is so fun that i pretty much dont care if I win or lose, i think both sides are fairly balanced and no side needs another advantage.

4. why do you need to shorten time to respawn, just dont die. If your health is low then drive into the repair zone. in my 20 seconds i barely choose the correct tank, so 20 seconds to choose a tank is perfectly ok. If you see that you have 4 minutes until your next life/tank is available then just play safe. If you see that you have 3 tanks waiting than you can play yolo

5. yes, then you can go after that arty who has been spamming you the whole game, that is the best part of this funmode :D

Dude dont be so angry, yesterday there was somekind of record number of players playing and i guess it was not because of cars came to WoT. People love the gamemode and it doesnt need you giving bad feedback.

Just go put your creditboosters on and have fun, or dont play this gamemode if you hate it so much. There is plenty of people who enjoy it

Trevissz #190 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 71376 battles
1 prestige ponint after 16 hour gamming. WTF? 

TheArk_2014 #191 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64970 battles
  • [AETOS] AETOS

View PostTrevissz, on 12 February 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

How many did you expect?

You have 10 weeks to complete all 10 Prestige Levels and get the 27 prestige points.

:confused:

BTW ... Yes, the first Prestige Level gives only one prestige point.

Edited by TheArk_2014, 12 February 2019 - 03:21 PM.

eekeeboo #192 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:48 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46243 battles

View PostTrevissz, on 12 February 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

It states in the frontline personal over-view screen: "Reach tier 30 to increase your Prestige". 

HaLlak65 #193 Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 39995 battles

I love this mod, cuz no xvm, stat doesn't matter, so much less toxic player. I can be noob again and try out things.

Cmdr_Psycho #194 Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:28 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 18769 battles
  • [ACTS] ACTS

View Posteekeeboo, on 12 February 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

It states in the frontline personal over-view screen: "Reach tier 30 to increase your Prestige". 

I guess for him it's more about the amount of time required to get to lvl 30 / prestige 1.

Truntea #195 Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1226 battles

View PostHaLlak65, on 12 February 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

I love this mod, cuz no xvm, stat doesn't matter, so much less toxic player. I can be noob again and try out things.

I see more, but guess that is just me as people are camping too much and the active players become toxic towards them.

Objec7 #196 Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14729 battles

View PostTruntea, on 12 February 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

I see more, but guess that is just me as people are camping too much and the active players become toxic towards them.

I am toxic in attacks when bobs camps in bushes and I've so far lost around 95% of my attack because of that. We simply run out of time because our team doesn't know the idea of attacking.

Sharp1903 #197 Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 39380 battles
It takes too much time to complete 30 points. It shouldn't be that hard. 

eekeeboo #198 Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:47 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46243 battles

View PostSharp1903, on 12 February 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

It takes too much time to complete 30 points. It shouldn't be that hard. 

The mode has long term goals and ranks, it's not intended to be all completed in 1 weekend. You keep your progress (planned) into the next week that Frontlines goes live. 

FrantisekBascovansky #199 Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19291 battles

I was curious about FL mode, but with all that ridiculous regulations, ranks, tiers, prestige points, commands, and all that crap you have to chew beforehand, i will pass.

I have a crapload of credits so i dont need it, and to grind hard to get some reward tank(s) I wouldnt even play that much afterwards? Meh.

As I already told, better randoms are the main benefit of FL. At least for the week.

Milpac #200 Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15143 battles

Got better things to do than wait nearly 5 minutes to get into a game.

I'm just waiting for a decent competitor and with the way the gameplay, fun and service is dropping off the competition has a lower and lower bar to reach.

18:33 Added after 5 minutes

View PostObjec7, on 12 February 2019 - 05:46 PM, said:

I am toxic in attacks when bobs camps in bushes and I've so far lost around 95% of my attack because of that. We simply run out of time because our team doesn't know the idea of attacking.

I am toxic when I see dumb 12 year olds using schoolboy terms like 'bobs'. Grow up you whining little muppet.

Edited by Milpac, 12 February 2019 - 07:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users