372 replies to this topic

Homer_J #361 Posted 17 March 2019 - 12:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31189 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWeak_man, on 19 February 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

Posted Image

So at level 21 I'm halfway to my 1st prestige.

Next set of FL is during the holidays so unlikely to make any progress, May and June might see me get to level 30.

nakkipeppu #362 Posted 17 March 2019 - 01:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32452 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

For those struggling with the grind ;

Progetto & Skorpion are the two most overrated tanks for the mode. They can deal bunch of (usually pointless damage), but are way too flimsy to fight at the caps and objectives where the points are made, and have basically no precense.You get a credit boost, but that's really it. Usually they just end up scurrying someplace else when any substantial force arrives, or just sit around somewhere waiting for their team to create sniping opportunities.

They're like snipers in Battlefield games, sure they can get nice looking damage or kill count while sniffing their own farts, but in the end, they have zero impact the game, and it's really the assaults and medics that take and hold flags. The mode doesn't follow the usual rules of WoT - you can deal 10000 damage in a round that has absolutely no impact, and even worse, damage that can help the enemy team.

Semi/mobile heavies and mediums with some staying power are great for the mode and can be found right from the tech-tree - the basically bread and butter tanks : IS-3, T32, Caernarvon, T44. All of them have even multiple premium counterparts, if you want to train crews / get credits.

Superheavies (O-Ho, KV-4, VK) are ok for initial flag work, but unplayable unless you're ready to suicide once the fight is over - travel to other areas of the map take just too damn long, and you're really vulnerable during several stages of it.

Of TD:s, WZ-120-1 FT and SU-101 are great, since they can actually move up and punch people in the face, instead of relying others to create opportunities. 

Jumping_Turtle #363 Posted 17 March 2019 - 01:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 65425 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
Can you please announce what tier 9 it will be.

Hammerhead20 #364 Posted 17 March 2019 - 03:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27264 battles

This is seriously some kind of a joke...

I had a battle where I was the only guy with highest amount of damage + received "Iron Shield" medal for protecting objectives (yes, I was on defenders team) but still I ended as "Major"...

Meanwhile, a skyshitter on our team with less than 6,000 damage managed to finish his battle as "General"...

You freaking joking, right?

I did pretty much everything on that battle... spotted enemy forces, caused damage, tried to protect our bases and so on...

And now you're telling me that a skyshitter who was sitting all freaking battle at the back deserved to get way more XP than me?

WG, what the hell are you smoking?

So, maybe it's time to do the same thing? Take [edited]arta, just camp at the back and take easy XP and "General" rank?

Why do you even have to bother to go in front and fight with the enemy forces if you can earn easy bonuses just clicking one mouse button all the time?

This is disgusting and unfair ffs!

Those who try and do everything gets nothing, only a middle finger...

As usual, you managed to destroy one of the best game modes ever created... Well done...

Also, I'm sick of all freaking broken Defenders, Progetto's and wheeled [edited]...

Those things must have some kind of a limit, because most of the time, I only see Progetto's or Defenders on top of the teams list.

This is just absurd. It only proves that this is "World of broken Premium tanks"...

Edited by Hammerhead20, 17 March 2019 - 03:55 PM.

WoT_RU_Doing #365 Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53303 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostHammerhead20, on 17 March 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

So, maybe it's time to do the same thing? Take [edited]arta, just camp at the back and take easy XP and "General" rank?

Waiting to hear how that works out for you....

Hammerhead20 #366 Posted 17 March 2019 - 08:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27264 battles

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 17 March 2019 - 07:07 PM, said:

Waiting to hear how that works out for you....

If that guy did that, I'm sure I can do the same thing as well.

Because it seems it's the fastest and pretty much no effort required thing to "rank up" really quick...

WoT_RU_Doing #367 Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:53 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53303 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostHammerhead20, on 17 March 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

Because it seems it's the fastest and pretty much no effort required thing to "rank up" really quick...

Except that it ignores the fact that you generally need a good team to rank decently in arty...your own shots alone don't do all that much...it's the supporting fire on the stunned enemies that gets you the real progress, especially in the cap circles. However, if you are the only one shooting into the cap, you'll be lucky to make Captain by the end of the game.

Edit - ironic really, because YOU are probably directly responsible for that arty player reaching General

Edited by WoT_RU_Doing, 17 March 2019 - 09:55 PM.

Gorzki #368 Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 41740 battles
  • [1PADX] 1PADX

View PostObjec7, on 12 February 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

Good thoughts but arty reserves are needed, people camps even in attacks, it's better that they are scared of getting arty shot if they camp. The reason why you lose all your attacks is because people camp too much when attacking a.k.a. playing cowardly.

but arty reserve doesn't work that way.

It forces people to hide away unspotted for as long as possible while those players who push forward to put pressure on enemy get covered with mass arty spam. 

Also frontlines for a week are a chore. If they were 7 days spread evenly throughout the month it would be much more bearable, this way it is a hellish week and on the weekend I am already fed up with it.

Did anyone else notice strange income from the frontline battles? It often happens to me that Credits earned (before any modifiers or costs) are out of whack, one example:
Lorr 40t 2.7k combined damage, 438 exp, 44.2k credits earned
Somua SM 7.85 combined damage, 1479 exp, 5000 credits earned

I repeat: those are the numbers before the costs are substracted..... anyone else seen the same thing?

woolfie #369 Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47815 battles

View PostHammerhead20, on 17 March 2019 - 08:42 PM, said:

Post a couple of replays and show us you getting General, Iron Shield and General of the Army in any arties you want. Should be easy for you right? Strangely when I managed it I found it harder in arty than in normal tanks, I guess I must be doing it all wrong so I am willing to learn the easy method from you.

WoT_RU_Doing #370 Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:23 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53303 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Postwoolfie, on 17 March 2019 - 11:38 PM, said:

Post a couple of replays and show us you getting General, Iron Shield and General of the Army in any arties you want. Should be easy for you right? Strangely when I managed it I found it harder in arty than in normal tanks, I guess I must be doing it all wrong so I am willing to learn the easy method from you.

Funnily enough, I've managed Iron shield on many of my battles, both in arty and other tanks, and the same for general but much less often. I've only actually got General of the Army once though, and that certainly wasn't in arty. It's good for a laugh though, as the stats will make many of the readers cry....

shot_1055.jpg

…just goes to prove that for Frontline you need to understand how to play the mode. That's true for other modes as well, but the point is that each mode has it's own success criteria. I bet the guy who came third by XP on that battle was seriously annoyed ;)

I'd still be interested to hear some results from Hammerhead though, just to see if he changes his mind when he tries arty a few times. Like you say Woolfie, maybe we're doing it wrong, and improving my average ranking next month would be appreciated.

CaptBoombeard #371 Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28457 battles
He was probably talking about me, I get General nearly every time now in French arty, but only in defence never attack. It's not the damage that gets it, it's the saving capture points. Run arti strike, air stirke and engineering, save them for when the enemy go for big push on cap, then smack them. It's also stun, I get massive amounts of stun because I target helping my players who find themselves one on one and give them enough stun so they can get the kill. I get General before they reach the last objectives. You really have to know where to go though and sometimes I've had to travel from C to A via the back. It's easy running around mindlessly in your wheeled tanks shooting anything you bump into, but avoiding them in arty takes cunning.

woolfie #372 Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47815 battles

Yeah it's knowing where to go (which zone and which area withinin that zone), when to go there, how to stay safe while playing arty and moving around/through the zones, which enemy to shoot/stun, choosing exactly when to shoot/stun that enemy.

One thing I do different from you CaptBoombeard is that I use Air Recon instead of Inspire. It's possible to get lots of assisted damage/rank points from 2 or 3 cap circles at the same time.

But apart from all those points above it requires ''pretty much no effort'' to rank up compared to normal tanks lol. 

CaptBoombeard #373 Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28457 battles

View Postwoolfie, on 18 March 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

Yeah it's knowing where to go (which zone and which area withinin that zone), when to go there, how to stay safe while playing arty and moving around/through the zones, which enemy to shoot/stun, choosing exactly when to shoot/stun that enemy.

One thing I do different from you CaptBoombeard is that I use Air Recon instead of Inspire. It's possible to get lots of assisted damage/rank points from 2 or 3 cap circles at the same time.

But apart from all those points above it requires ''pretty much no effort'' to rank up compared to normal tanks lol. 

I ran air recon when it first started but found after a while I got more points from engineering when interrupting the cap. Depends on your team I guess, but I always have enough wheeled things on mine to zoom in and spot the cappers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users