• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

OMG_Abaddon #1 Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9370 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

https://worldoftanks...-status-update/

Very enlightening, I didn't expect the matchmaker was as deep as not putting autoloader heavies vs superheavies among other things.

However it game me a grin when they said "Turns out the matchmaker is imbalanced" at around 6:45.

Finally! :izmena:

Captain_Kremen0 #2 Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37998 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
WE didn't expect another thread on the same topic within the last couple of hours but [edited]me - there you go.

bang__dead #3 Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15907 battles

All work to fix MatchMaker over the past 5 years has been a series of convoluted attempts to address minor issues, not the underlying problem.

Even worse, this is INTENTIONAL. The stated goals of MM do NOT include creating teams of players with similar skill levels at all.

MM just tries to make sure that the VEHICLES on both teams are balanced. So what??? That does almost NOTHING to make battles fair, enjoyable, or even playable.

Vehicle is irrelevant if the person on the keyboard has 11 thumbs, 147 brain cells, and only 95 battles experience.

Perfect example last battle.

My team had:

- 2 players with 44% win rates

- 3 players with 45% win rates

- 3 players with 46% win rates

The other team had a SINGLE player with 46% win rate or less.

We never had a chance. Half of my team doesn't know how to drive.

If you play off-hours, the server is FLOODED with 44% win rates. JUST NOT WORTH PLAYING when the server is loaded with Tier X wallet warrior noobs with 43% win rates, all on my team.

Win rate is just one stat representing player skill. Personal Rating would probably also work.

You could just ADD UP all the personal ratings of all the players on each team. If they are too far different, start over. If one team has total rating of 75K and the other 100K, it is NOT A FAIR MATCH, even if the vehicles are identical.

ortega456 #4 Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64136 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I hope they'll implement the changes asap. I don't care playing against 5 tier X and 5 tier IXs in a tier 8 tank if its less than 33% of the time...

Why did it take so freaking long to fix it. I'm sure it cost them a lot of frustrated players.

SABAOTH #5 Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:11 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40153 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View Postortega456, on 08 February 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

I hope they'll implement the changes asap. I don't care playing against 5 tier X and 5 tier IXs in a tier 8 tank if its less than 33% of the time...

Why did it take so freaking long to fix it. I'm sure it cost them a lot of frustrated players.

Fun fact is that they say it's only recently that you play as bottom tier in tier 8.

I must be very lucky because I can count on my finger the time that I have seen a tier 6 in my premium tanks since they implemented it. :girl:

Either bad luck or bs :coin:

Balc0ra #6 Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68505 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 08 February 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

Very enlightening, I didn't expect the matchmaker was as deep as not putting autoloader heavies vs superheavies among other things.

Well... it was added when 3-5-7 came. As in only vs top tiers iirc. Tho it's only with clip guns. Sadly not vs super heavies vs support heavies etc. 

View Postortega456, on 08 February 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

Let's not rush more MM changes again. That's why we have 3-5-7 in the first place... as in rushed. I don't mind them taking a bit long with it. If it means it will get implemented right and better for more players, vs just a few.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users