Jump to content


Supertest News: The T78


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

eekeeboo #1 Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:32 AM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 47025 battles
  • 2,486
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

Greetings Tankers! 

 

A new Tier VI American TD is coming to the ST server: the T78. It’s a relatively mobile vehicle with a turret capable of rotating full 360 degrees. Another strength is the easy-to-handle and very efficient gun with excellent gun depression. The cost? The T78’s protection is almost non-existent, try not to rely on it! 

Spoiler

 

You're probably thinking, “ mobile American TD with a great gun but no armor. This sure reminds me of something!”

And you would be spot on. The T78 is definitely like the Hellcat in terms of gameplay, still, there are some differences. Less mobility means you won’t be able to follow your allies easily around the map or looking for someone to prey on. On the other hand, the gun on the T78 reloads faster and has better stabilization on the move than that of the Hellcat.

 

Taking all this into consideration, the best way to play the T78 is changing your position often and firing at your enemies using the ridgelines and map terrain. 

 

Spoiler

 

As always, the stats of the vehicle may change depending on the results of the test. Make sure to follow the news and may luck shine upon you in every battle!

 

Good Luck and Good Hunting, 

eek! 


Edited by eekeeboo, 08 February 2019 - 11:32 AM.


BlackPrince1_Reroll #2 Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:21 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13216 battles
  • 3
  • [DAFFY] DAFFY
  • Member since:
    01-20-2017
Just a worser hellcat, but still an intresting little tank. It will be nice to look at it. Kind of reminds me of the old Chaffee. :)

grizly1973 #3 Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:28 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 23311 battles
  • 173
  • Member since:
    02-25-2013

View PostBlackPrince1_Reroll, on 08 February 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

Just a worser hellcat, but still an intresting little tank. It will be nice to look at it. Kind of reminds me of the old Chaffee. :)

 

Maybe because of the Chaffee chassis it uses? It's a cute little tank, nonetheless.

MrEdweird #4 Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:04 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22590 battles
  • 443
  • [-FUR-] -FUR-
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostBlackPrince1_Reroll, on 08 February 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

Just a worser hellcat, but still an intresting little tank. It will be nice to look at it. Kind of reminds me of the old Chaffee. :)

Well it's a M36 turret on a Chaffee prototype hull and chassis. Technically it predates the Chaffee itself.



wEight_Tanker #5 Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10739 battles
  • 1,159
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016
Marathon or gtfo. 

WoT_RU_Doing #6 Posted 09 February 2019 - 02:07 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 57826 battles
  • 3,344
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

Looks like great LeFH bait.

Other than that, it's hard to judge it's merits versus e.g. the Hellcat without knowing the crew layout. Will this finally bring a crew trainer into the game that fits with the T67/Hellcat/Wolverine/Jackson crews?

On a general note, it'd be nice if these crew details could be released on all such announcements.



AsiaDawn #7 Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:40 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2585 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    06-30-2016

How this tank stacks to the Hellcat ?? 

Bet my [edited]it is just better.

Prenerf Hellcat was GREAT ....and WG money milkers love to put "old" tanks in the shop...

like Lorr , Ru 251 and stuff...

Waiting for russian su 122 54 ( tier 9 TD) as "NEW" tier 8 premium.

 Hello Pay2Win...

 

p.s. Show us the hidden statistics..until then..Pay2Win , cause you always put in shop just better version of the tech tree tanks.

#greedy



WoT_RU_Doing #8 Posted 09 February 2019 - 06:15 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 57826 battles
  • 3,344
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostAsiaDawn, on 09 February 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

How this tank stacks to the Hellcat ??

Bet my [edited]it is just better.

Prenerf Hellcat was GREAT ....and WG money milkers love to put "old" tanks in the shop...

like Lorr , Ru 251 and stuff...

Waiting for russian su 122 54 ( tier 9 TD) as "NEW" tier 8 premium.

 Hello Pay2Win...

 

p.s. Show us the hidden statistics..until then..Pay2Win , cause you always put in shop just better version of the tech tree tanks.

#greedy

 

View Posteekeeboo, on 08 February 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

The T78 is definitely like the Hellcat in terms of gameplay, still, there are some differences. Less mobility means you won’t be able to follow your allies easily around the map or looking for someone to prey on. On the other hand, the gun on the T78 reloads faster and has better stabilization on the move than that of the Hellcat.


 

 

Not sure that I understood the question...

bgjudge #9 Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:14 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29544 battles
  • 224
  • Member since:
    02-11-2012

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 09 February 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

 

 

Not sure that I understood the question...

 

*edited*


Edited by Daxeno, 14 February 2019 - 04:24 PM.
Shaming.


bbmoose #10 Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13117 battles
  • 265
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013
When can we expect to buy this one? Can't wait to buy a well balanced premium on tier 6... ;-)

bgjudge #11 Posted 10 May 2019 - 09:10 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29544 battles
  • 224
  • Member since:
    02-11-2012

Just checked T78 on tank.gg ......comparison https://tanks.gg/compare/hellcat?t=t78

gg WG. Nothing new, nothing unexpected

As freaking usual Pay to win on max level!!!!

 

 


Edited by xP4_warrior, 10 May 2019 - 06:31 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to CAPS abuse.


K1Lc4m #12 Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:20 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16402 battles
  • 69
  • [-TDS] -TDS
  • Member since:
    07-16-2016

View Postbgjudge, on 10 May 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

Just checked T78 on tank.gg ......comparison https://tanks.gg/compare/hellcat?t=t78

gg WG. Nothing new, nothing unexpected

As freaking usual Pay to win on max level!!!!

 

 

I don't see any pay to win between this too tank.

If you just look the color, yes there are more green. But look at the important stats and you can see that the hellcat and T 78 each have strengths that the other doesn't have.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users