Autoaim, how to.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Warpunk #1 Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 694 battles

Hey guys, I am curious about autoaim,

Some guys out there seem to lock onto my tank real quick and easy, while I am right clicking like mad and trying to get my cursor onto them and failing, not locking onto them, 

Obviously this means that I am not concentrating on dealing with the situation very well as I am distracted by not being able to get a lock, and get punished as a result.

I don't try to use autoaim all the time, but there are times when I would find it useful, so, to my question.

How do you guys manage to get a fast lock onto the enemy tanks?

Is there some kind of lock on key ( like the X key on a certain other game ) a mod? or is it really all down to getting my cursor onto them and right clicking at the exact same time?

Thanks in advance..

OIias_of_Sunhillow #2 Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25294 battles

You could try lowering the dpm on your mouse, if you are able to.

A jerking cursor is not what you want. Make your target bigger, zoom in one click.

Apart from that, it's practice. 

Rhym #3 Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:23 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 6266 battles
  • [GWOF] GWOF
You just have to r-click somewhere on the tank, there are no shortcuts. Except lowering mouse sense like Olias said. The only exception is the new wheeled vehicle line, which have enhanced auto aim, which basically targets in a narrow cone instead.

OMG_Abaddon #4 Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9630 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

There's a legit autoaim mod that simply locks on for the next 1-2 seconds after you right click, that helps if you need it, but it's usually more harmful than useful unless you prefer to leave it all to RNG rather than aim yourself.

In what circumstances are you trying to autoaim that doesn't work with the default configuration?

RamRaid90 #5 Posted 09 February 2019 - 12:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23030 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
The autoaim assist mod gives you a time frame to find the sillouhette after pressing the right mouse button near the tank if you're struggling.

staph_camping #6 Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 455 battles

I reassigned auto-aim to X so its really easy to engage auto-aim and disable it  with the same key while driving ,shooting etc.

I don't play cheese wedges (Swedish td)

gunslingerXXX #7 Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:43 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11847 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostWarpunk, on 08 February 2019 - 10:51 PM, said:

Hey guys, I am curious about autoaim,

Some guys out there seem to lock onto my tank real quick and easy, while I am right clicking like mad and trying to get my cursor onto them and failing, not locking onto them, 

Obviously this means that I am not concentrating on dealing with the situation very well as I am distracted by not being able to get a lock, and get punished as a result.

I don't try to use autoaim all the time, but there are times when I would find it useful, so, to my question.

How do you guys manage to get a fast lock onto the enemy tanks?

Is there some kind of lock on key ( like the X key on a certain other game ) a mod? or is it really all down to getting my cursor onto them and right clicking at the exact same time?

Thanks in advance..

I also struggle regularly. 

For me a real improvement was to change the colour and shape of the pointer. The default one has little contrast imo, and I struggled to find it sometimes. Now I'm using a bright green circle (no mod, in game settings), much easier to spot where it is, but won't make it easier to lock on.

Warpunk #8 Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 694 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 09 February 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

The autoaim assist mod gives you a time frame to find the sillouhette after pressing the right mouse button near the tank if you're struggling.

Thanks for your ideas guys, I wonder is this mod legal?

Generally, I prefer to aim myself, but there are occasions where I would like to fire without aiming.

Mostly it's when I get up fairly close to light tanks that I struggle with getting my cursor onto them and right clicking at the correct time, so,

if there is a better window of opportunity to get my cusor onto them, I feel it must surely help me.

Autoaim assist appears to be the kind of thing that would be beneficial, so long as it's legal, I don't want to use cheats and get banned ^^

Edited by Warpunk, 09 February 2019 - 09:11 PM.

kubawt112 #9 Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostWarpunk, on 09 February 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

Thanks for your ideas guys, I wonder is this mod legal?

(...)

It is, as mentioned above. The reason is simply that it doesn't do anything you couldn't technically do yourself. It's just a matter of spamming 'enable autoaim' 60 times/second. To be on the safe side, get your mods from wgmods.net, e.g. from Aslain's pack. All mods are stated to be approved by WG, and a popular modpack lends you 'safety in numbers', too. I wouldn't be worried until they decide to ban the mods with enemy view directions on minimap. That one is way more dodgy.

https://wgmods.net/46/details/

Autoaim is indeed situational, but it's OK as long as the target it stationary and you have to pay attention elsewhere. It should be more effective when going in a constant direction/speed and maybe if you let go of the accelerator when firing.

Edited by kubawt112, 09 February 2019 - 09:39 PM.

PervyPastryPuffer #10 Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:23 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32013 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Poststaph_camping, on 09 February 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

I reassigned auto-aim to X so its really easy to engage auto-aim and disable it  with the same key while driving ,shooting etc.

I don't play cheese wedges (Swedish td)

:amazed:

...that would just make it more difficult for me.

Actually, how the heck are you even able to press X if you're actively maneuvering???

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users