Jump to content


Redshire B8 spot


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

tajj7 #1 Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:03 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28151 battles
  • 16,171
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

Why the hell is there now a TD camping spot (usual OP HD bush, elevation, open ground on approach) looking directly into the Zeppelin heavy brawling area now from the North side? (B8 ish) What is that exactly teaching players? Here win your brawl against enemy heavies, now get wrecked by TDs you can't out spot or flank (without basically winning the whole of the rest of the map).  

 

Why was this position added? It makes progressing out of the heavy side for the south team pointless, a couple of people in that spot and they'll shred your HP (plus spot you for the hill campers) and there is very little you can do about it bar turn around and drive all the way across to the other flank to try to progress that. Where of course you meet more of these spots. 

 

If you try to progress from the castle, there are the rest of the spots then along the A line, they overlook the base, they overlook the castle. Again they have the magic combo of elevation, concealment, hard cover and are only really approached by open ground, with of course also on the red line so very hard to flank because its the end of the damn map. 

 

 



XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:28 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,248
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016
This isn't a new position and the south spawn got similar support from K9. Clearing TDs from both locations are hard same as with many other maps, Malinovka for example is much harder. What's actually unbalanced in this map is the heavies approach to the brawling area from the north spawn along the 0 line.

HassenderZerhacker #3 Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:48 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 30880 battles
  • 3,248
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 09 February 2019 - 01:28 AM, said:

This isn't a new position and the south spawn got similar support from K9. Clearing TDs from both locations are hard same as with many other maps, Malinovka for example is much harder. What's actually unbalanced in this map is the heavies approach to the brawling area from the north spawn along the 0 line.

 

agree, it's so bad I rarely take my heavies that way. better at the castle.

RaxipIx #4 Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:00 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33737 battles
  • 1,260
  • Member since:
    02-22-2016
Yeah, if i take my HT's to zeppelin i never push my side of the zeppelin, or go directly to middle dunes, or castle..that position is OP as .....f, esp when a swedish high tier buswanking ebola TD is fapping there.

Mr_Perfect_2017 #5 Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:14 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9535 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    12-31-2017

Yes that's a nice ambush spot. I got 5 kills in a Marder 38T sat there and another game was top for damage in SU130-PM.The one side of the map has more cover than the equivalent site on the other side. I'm not sure a lot of players realise it's there but they do now!



LordMuffin #6 Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:17 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 52608 battles
  • 13,297
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View Posttajj7, on 09 February 2019 - 01:03 AM, said:

Why the hell is there now a TD camping spot (usual OP HD bush, elevation, open ground on approach) looking directly into the Zeppelin heavy brawling area now from the North side? (B8 ish) What is that exactly teaching players? Here win your brawl against enemy heavies, now get wrecked by TDs you can't out spot or flank (without basically winning the whole of the rest of the map).  

 

Why was this position added? It makes progressing out of the heavy side for the south team pointless, a couple of people in that spot and they'll shred your HP (plus spot you for the hill campers) and there is very little you can do about it bar turn around and drive all the way across to the other flank to try to progress that. Where of course you meet more of these spots. 

 

If you try to progress from the castle, there are the rest of the spots then along the A line, they overlook the base, they overlook the castle. Again they have the magic combo of elevation, concealment, hard cover and are only really approached by open ground, with of course also on the red line so very hard to flank because its the end of the damn map. 

 

 

Same position exist for South spawn.

 

Though I agree, it is a stupid moves by WG, and one of the reasons I only go castle area with my tanks on Redshire. 



LincolnTank #7 Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:21 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10247 battles
  • 377
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-17-2015

Another hidey-hole in World of Camps

 

There really is nothing better than trying to make a play and getting ganked by a salvo from 2-3 gold spammers


Edited by LincolnTank, 09 February 2019 - 09:23 AM.


N00BT00B #8 Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:36 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 50976 battles
  • 752
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
  • Member since:
    12-19-2012
So, if you know the TDs are there, why would you keep driving towards them?

So many games iv seen lost by idiots in heavys that only use the w key and never turn around, much less look at the minimap.



RamRaid90 #9 Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:49 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 25683 battles
  • 7,044
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

For the same reason they put elevated td fapping postions at the back of every chokepoint (Ghost Town is the WORST for this if you haven't already played that map)

 

Steven in his Jageroo needs a sniping position.

 

These positions are idiotic, but will continue to be added and supported by WG while Steve1234, xx_Grigor_xx and Janusz_PL continue to be allowed to play against the game design.

09:52 Added after 3 minutes

View PostN00BT00B, on 09 February 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

So, if you know the TDs are there, why would you keep driving towards them?

So many games iv seen lost by idiots in heavys that only use the w key and never turn around, much less look at the minimap.
 

 

The point is there are TDs at the back of every flanking position, this prevents any form of thoughtful play. It really isn't rocket science to figure that one out.

Edited by RamRaid90, 09 February 2019 - 10:51 AM.


tajj7 #10 Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:37 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28151 battles
  • 16,171
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

Thing is the position for the south is less strong, heavies have buildings to move into and up through, its a less dominant spot which IIRC is also further back.

 

And yes I know not to push into there, but as RamRaid says, every other flank is protected by similar positions so you basically struggle to push anywhere so winning map control becomes rather pointless. Also it doesn't stop average players on my team pushing into there.

 

IMO average players should be encouraged for pushing not being passive IMO, but a lot of maps now heavily punish trying to get map control (or actually having it and you can't do anything with it) or general active play, but reward passive play which is the easier of the two options anyway as its low risk. 



N00BT00B #11 Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 50976 battles
  • 752
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
  • Member since:
    12-19-2012

View PostRamRaid90, on 09 February 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

.....

 

The point is there are TDs at the back of every flanking position, this prevents any form of thoughtful play. It really isn't rocket science to figure that one out.

 

Heavys going 'Reeeeeeeeeee' through the far side of the zeppelin having defeated whatever enemy is there is not 'thoughtful'

You know the buggers are there.. iv been on the back of the mid hill and outspotted and murdered loads of heavys heading for the cap area.

Similar on other maps, Highway.. heavys work hard and win the city, then get slaughtered as soon as they 'Reeeeeeeee' down the field towards the enemy base.

Live oaks, win city then push on and die.

Because brainless steves.

 

 



Balc0ra #12 Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72692 battles
  • 20,639
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

It's been there for ages. It was added as a spot for lights to use after the HT lane failed. Or as a fall back point. But of late... it's been a gathering point. 

 

Tho to the fair. Even before that bush was added in that area. HT's etc still sat there.



HassenderZerhacker #13 Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:20 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 30880 battles
  • 3,248
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostN00BT00B, on 09 February 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

 

Heavys going 'Reeeeeeeeeee' through the far side of the zeppelin having defeated whatever enemy is there is not 'thoughtful'

You know the buggers are there.. iv been on the back of the mid hill and outspotted and murdered loads of heavys heading for the cap area.

Similar on other maps, Highway.. heavys work hard and win the city, then get slaughtered as soon as they 'Reeeeeeeee' down the field towards the enemy base.

Live oaks, win city then push on and die.

Because brainless steves.

 

one problem is that the game doesn't reward doing nothing and staying alive but rewards driving on the TDs and spotting them if they shoot you.



RamRaid90 #14 Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 25683 battles
  • 7,044
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostN00BT00B, on 09 February 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

 

Heavys going 'Reeeeeeeeeee' through the far side of the zeppelin having defeated whatever enemy is there is not 'thoughtful'

You know the buggers are there.. iv been on the back of the mid hill and outspotted and murdered loads of heavys heading for the cap area.

Similar on other maps, Highway.. heavys work hard and win the city, then get slaughtered as soon as they 'Reeeeeeeee' down the field towards the enemy base.

Live oaks, win city then push on and die.

Because brainless steves.

 

 

 

My point is not specifically aimed at one position. But every position in the game (many of which were recently added with update 1.0).

 

Bush fapping positions should be restricted to the immediate area around the cap circle. I'm not saying remove all foliage and rocks etc because that would be boring. But stacking every map with ELEVATED (key word) positions to the rear of all important map positions is just bonkers. If the only way to camp hard was at the base, then you would lose the game by doing it (which is what should happen) because you would have surrendered map control to your enemies.

 

At least that way map control takes back it's importance from camping which atm is overly rewarded.

 

This game needs more diversity, maps don't need to be totally balanced. Positions should not be mirrored from spawn to spawn and flank to flank. That's where thoughful and diverse play comes from. Some maps should be stronger from certaain spawns it's all part of creating a game that requires you to engage with your surroundings. All we have at the moment is "go here, farm here"


Edited by RamRaid90, 09 February 2019 - 07:51 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users