WOT AR

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

valerian9864 #1 Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8772 battles

On X-Mas I got me the OnePlus 6T. Before I had the OnePlus 3, which did not support Google's ARcore.

But now I was able to download the WOT AR app from Google PlayStore

https://play.google....argaming.wot.ar

and put me a Tank on my couch table or my carpet, and look at it from different sides. Cool:-)

The next step would be WOT VR, where I can see the Tank in 3D and can go arround in a virtual world.

But the final step would be to have the whole game in VR. That means you see everything from the perspective of the driver, or the shooter or the commander. It would be clear that several players are required to drive one tank. Just a real team. This would be the ultimative way to play a game in future. Just as the reality:-)

Balc0ra #2 Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
To be fair... there are plenty of tank VR games as is... even for mobile for WG to see that as a main focus I suspect.

PervyPastryPuffer #3 Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32064 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
Impractical and too soon for the masses. It'll take a couple more years before normal people start owning PC's powerful enough to comfortably run VR games, as we all know they're quite demanding.

SuedKAT #4 Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:28 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 09 February 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

Impractical and too soon for the masses. It'll take a couple more years before normal people start owning PC's powerful enough to comfortably run VR games, as we all know they're quite demanding.

Not necessarily it depends on how you approach it, take a game like Star Trek Bridge Crew for example, it have quite "normal" modern pc specs requirements and you can easily make something similar but with tanks instead, sure it wont be WoT as we know it in VR but it's still something I can see WG publishing. However the major lack of dev interest in VR games is more down to the lack of overall interest from consumers regarding VR than anything else I'd say not the hardware requirements.

Edit: Here is the link: http://worldoftanksvr.com/#

Edited by SuedKAT, 10 February 2019 - 12:34 AM.

PervyPastryPuffer #5 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:34 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32064 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostSuedKAT, on 10 February 2019 - 12:28 AM, said:

Not necessarily it depends on how you approach it, take a game like Star Trek Bridge Crew for example, it have quite "normal" modern pc specs requirements and you can easily make something similar but with tanks instead, sure it wont be WoT as we know it in VR but it's still something I can see WG publishing. However the major lack of dev interest in VR games is more down to the lack of overall interest from consumers regarding VR than anything else I'd say not the hardware requirements.

Edit: Here is the link: http://worldoftanksvr.com/#

Yeah, but I mean, if they wanna keep the entire community...not everyone has a good enough PC.

IMO, one of the biggest reasons why VR is not catching on as well as it should (because let's face it, it's fantastic) is the price.

WoT_RU_Doing #6 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:44 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 51450 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 10 February 2019 - 12:34 AM, said:

Yeah, but I mean, if they wanna keep the entire community...not everyone has a good enough PC.

IMO, one of the biggest reasons why VR is not catching on as well as it should (because let's face it, it's fantastic) is the price.

That, and the probability of punching a family member in the face while you're both sat on the sofa.

Dorander #7 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:56 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18688 battles

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 10 February 2019 - 12:44 AM, said:

That, and the probability of punching a family member in the face while you're both sat on the sofa.

I fail to see the downside :teethhappy:

SuedKAT #8 Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 10 February 2019 - 01:34 AM, said:

Personally I think it's a gimmick but then again I don't see the point of many newish tech trends and even though I can afford it I rarely spend money on things just since it's new and flashy I want stuff that works and that I can rely on. As an example if it wasn't for work providing me with a new phone (to often) I would still use my Samsung S5 which I got as my personal phone, it does everything I want a phone to do and it holds the battery an entire day even when I got bluetooth headphones active. I work with plenty of tech geeks that would jump on everything (and they are) which looks new and flashy but very few of them have any interest in VR, not due to the cost but more due to the experience, it's fun a couple of times and then it's something you'd never use kinda like a 3D TV which was so hot just a few years ago. 

However you are correct in saying that if they wanted to transform WoT into VR and keep the player-base they would most likely shoot themselves in the foot, but launching it next to WoT for the few that enjoy VR I don't see any problem with. Considering they are on most platforms they are exposing customers to the brand that otherwise might have overlooked it, kinda like how we see console and mobile players starting PC WoT due to superior controls and other reasons. Regarding the price, yes it's expensive but that's more down to the headset and accessories not the actual computer at least if your not after the very high end stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users