Help with WVs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DeadLecter #1 Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26854 battles
Today I unlocked my AMD 178b and this tank has proven super tough to play. Turning speed is horrible. VR is as good as a Tier 1 tank. Mobility is nothing special. Everyone can shoot me no matter how fast I try to go. And the stock gun has horrible alpha and HE shells are a joke, besides there is no premium ammo either. I had no problem doing over 1k damage in Elc bis but in this tank in my 14 battles so far my highest damage has been 700. I think it's me who is the problem but this tank feels like the worst T6 tank in the game. Those who can make it work, can you please share some replays or write how you have been able to make it work?

Edited by DeadLecter, 09 February 2019 - 05:55 PM.

azakow #2 Posted 09 February 2019 - 06:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79099 battles

Have a look here: http://wotreplays.eu/site/index/version/79/nation/5/level/6/type/1/tank/1380/sort/inflicted_damage.desc/

I can't say more, since I freeXPed to Lynx and have to manage my own steep learning curve.

Edit:

I just had look at the speedof AMD 178B, forward and reverse are the same.

Try to make use of this, becasue it becomes useful later.

At tier 9, I sometimes go "backwards" for long preriods of time, sicne the vehicle looks the same at both ends.

My experience on other backward fighting vehicles (WT4) helps alot.

Edited by azakow, 09 February 2019 - 07:53 PM.

tajj7 #3 Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26487 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
There is not much to be said really, they are not very good, only really the tier 10 IMO has any chance of being effective because its so fast and can push the view range up. The rest are slightly faster lights with bad view range and bad guns. They basically have to be played like bad tanks, you hope the enemy are bad and let you farm situations. 

truoste #4 Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39453 battles

Tier6 is terrible, almost as bad as that "armored" t8 heavy from the same nation. Tier7 on the other hand actually some redeeming features like semi usable mobility and semi decent gunhandling but in the end.. those are just bad light tanks and light tanks are not terribly good to begin with. 

I would assume that those will be buffed once they have gathered enough statistics i.e. someone actually looks at their stats but then again.. Steve and Billy-Bob may actually be having hard time dealing with those blind bats that cannot even reliably pen Steves IS7 from behind so there is a slight change that those will remain meme tanks for once looking for some variety. Just take a look at complaints about how peoples lives have been ruined by these... go figure. 

Balc0ra #5 Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I had a terrible start in the tier 6. Had a 38% WR at the worst. Then I dropped optics and went full GLD, rammer and vents. Loaded 25 HE shells as a main, 5 gold and rest AP. Played it like a support med and it jumped up to 55%. Aced it 6 times with around 2K damage. 3 times on Province lobbing HE shells across the map. HE at the side of most meds or lights is 200 damage, even the T-34-85M if you are lucky.  Rear of most tier 8 HT's even gives full damage. Mine now has 2x more average damage then any of my tier 6 lights. But half the assist. It was blind even with optics so.. why bother. 

Just sit back and wait for their tier 6 wheels to yolo your front and HE spam them first. According to my phone assist app. My tier 6 has killed almost 50 wheeled tier 6 French. 2nd most killed tank is the ELC with 23.

Edited by Balc0ra, 10 February 2019 - 12:23 AM.

DeadLecter #6 Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26854 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 10 February 2019 - 02:51 AM, said:

I had a terrible start in the tier 6. Had a 38% WR at the worst. Then I dropped optics and went full GLD, rammer and vents. Loaded 25 HE shells as a main, 5 gold and rest AP. Played it like a support med and it jumped up to 55%. Aced it 6 times with around 2K damage. 3 times on Province lobbing HE shells across the map. HE at the side of most meds or lights is 200 damage, even the T-34-85M if you are lucky.  Rear of most tier 8 HT's even gives full damage. Mine now has 2x more average damage then any of my tier 6 lights. But half the assist. It was blind even with optics so.. why bother. 

Just sit back and wait for their tier 6 wheels to yolo your front and HE spam them first. According to my phone assist app. My tier 6 has killed almost 50 wheeled tier 6 French. 2nd most killed tank is the ELC with 23.

What I think I should do is totally forget about active spotting because thanks to Tier 1 VR I have to get close and everyone can shoot me. I shoot just sit back and snipe or HE other WVs and finally start spotting at the end of the game.

AngelofAwe #7 Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:22 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It's one of the worst T6s in the game elited so if you're playing it stock... have fun with that.

The vehicles are all rather terrible up the line and the T6's weaknesses are view range (but get used to that, it's not going to change) and the fact that it feels like driving a brick. The mobility and turning is absolutely awful. (This will change with T7+).
The strong point is the gun. The T6 has arguably the best gun in the line tier for tier, at least until the T10. It's still terrible but it only gets worse. It's fairly accurate on the move and it has really good HE.
Make use of that HE, stay back as much as possible, don't crash into the rock and DO NOT under any circumstances think you are a spotter, active or not. Don't even try to play like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users