Jump to content


New Sheridan model


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Metalmangorlo #1 Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:27 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14902 battles
  • 50
  • Member since:
    04-22-2016
Wg try to make a new and better Sheridan model. This is made from brick. Terrible!

Jigabachi #2 Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:29 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 20,251
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Such intelligent and elaborate feedback again. Magnificent!

Edited by Jigabachi, 09 February 2019 - 08:30 PM.


Dava_117 #3 Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:46 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20900 battles
  • 4,045
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostMetalmangorlo, on 09 February 2019 - 08:27 PM, said:

Wg try to make a new and better Sheridan model. This is made from brick. Terrible!

 

You know that the "brick" shape is spaced armour used IRL to counter anti tank HEAT weapon like RPGs?

Can't say how good it was, but still better than nothing.

And in game also saves you from most of the HE spam.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:57 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 53179 battles
  • 2,706
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

"Damn right!" :)

 



azakow #5 Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:59 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 78900 battles
  • 4,922
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

Wow 348 matches on Sheridan.

What took you so long?

 

Tip: Keep your eyes on the opponents.

:)



OreH75 #6 Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:59 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 50147 battles
  • 2,621
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013

View Postazakow, on 09 February 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

Wow 348 matches on Sheridan.

What took you so long?

 

Tip: Keep your eyes on the opponents.

:)

 

Even more important: the minimap.

Desyatnik_Pansy #7 Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:07 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 17253 battles
  • 26,096
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013
*cries in T-54/T-55A*

250swb #8 Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:30 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 23165 battles
  • 5,381
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostDava_117, on 09 February 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

 

You know that the "brick" shape is spaced armour used IRL to counter anti tank HEAT weapon like RPGs?

Can't say how good it was, but still better than nothing.

And in game also saves you from most of the HE spam.

 

Sorry to disappoint, but this is a myth that has been doing the rounds on the forum for too long. The 'brick' shape as used in early prototypes was to "incorporate hydro jet propulsion for amphibious operation, buoyant foam filled sponsons, and a frontal splash board". So in the game at least it should float. In practice the later more attractive production hull ditched the foam filled sponsons and used a conventional skirt for amphibious operations. The flotation sponsons were not meant to substitute for spaced armour, they were thin spot welded metal.

Dava_117 #9 Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:49 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20900 battles
  • 4,045
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Post250swb, on 10 February 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

 

Sorry to disappoint, but this is a myth that has been doing the rounds on the forum for too long. The 'brick' shape as used in early prototypes was to "incorporate hydro jet propulsion for amphibious operation, buoyant foam filled sponsons, and a frontal splash board". So in the game at least it should float. In practice the later more attractive production hull ditched the foam filled sponsons and used a conventional skirt for amphibious operations. The flotation sponsons were not meant to substitute for spaced armour, they were thin spot welded metal.

 

Nice to now. Is even more intresting than the HEAT shield I knowed!

It would be fun if the Sheridan could float in game! :)



Metalmangorlo #10 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:09 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14902 battles
  • 50
  • Member since:
    04-22-2016

View PostDava_117, on 09 February 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

 

You know that the "brick" shape is spaced armour used IRL to counter anti tank HEAT weapon like RPGs?

Can't say how good it was, but still better than nothing.

And in game also saves you from most of the HE spam.

Do you mean this 100% pen HEAT protection? The 70% of the front is like this. Maybe the side. Or NOT! So what now?

Attached Files

  • Attached File   heat.jpg   70.56K
  • Attached File   heat2.jpg   98.32K

Edited by Metalmangorlo, 10 February 2019 - 02:11 PM.


Dava_117 #11 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:35 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20900 battles
  • 4,045
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostMetalmangorlo, on 10 February 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

Do you mean this 100% pen HEAT protection? The 70% of the front is like this. Maybe the side. Or NOT! So what now?

 

That is in game.

As I said, I talked about real life. But as 250swb pointed out, the main purpose was tho make the tank float.

Also, as I said too, it prevents you to be oneshotted bt Types and FV, as it pre detonate HE.



Rilleta #12 Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:52 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 17571 battles
  • 2,676
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostDava_117, on 09 February 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

 

You know that the "brick" shape is spaced armour used IRL to counter anti tank HEAT weapon like RPGs?

Can't say how good it was, but still better than nothing.

And in game also saves you from most of the HE spam.

 

I've witnessed a TVP 50 failing to pen all shells in the clip but one for shooting at an angle.

 

Conversely, AP rounds going on a tangent, pen the spaced armour and exit it without striking the main body armour. I'd say, in game at least, it is quite effective.

 

EDIT: I have forgotten to mention the TVP was shooting HEAT. Though it should be quite obvious since it's spaced armour the matter in discussion.


Edited by Rilleta, 10 February 2019 - 04:50 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users