BC 25 t Crew Training | Best Crerw Trainer.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

bokbiertjes #1 Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3509 battles
  • [F_A_F] F_A_F
Hello, I was wondering what would be the best crew trainer for the BC 25 t. I'm also not so good with crews so I was wondering if it had to be the same crew template or not ill leave 2 screenshots down below. Can they both train a crew for the same tank or can the tank with the same crew loadout only train for it. I was thinking about the Lorr 40t since it has the exact same crew as BC 25t. (First screenshot: BC 25 t loadout) (second screenshot M4A1 Rev crew loadout) (third screenshot Lorr 40t crew loadout). So my question was can only the Lorr 40t train a crew for the BC 25 t or can the M4A1 Rev too? Thanks!

Attached Files

• Attached File   bc 25 t crew.png   6.78K
  • Attached File   m4a1 rev crew.png   9.32K
  • Attached File   lorr 40t crew.png   7.6K

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:18 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_
You forgot the ELC EVEN which also got an identical crew layout as the BC 25t.

MeetriX #3 Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21428 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 09 February 2019 - 11:18 PM, said:

You forgot the ELC EVEN which also got an identical crew layout as the BC 25t.

Same but different. ELC is a LT.

kubawt112 #4 Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

The M4A1 Rev. can definitely train a crew for the Batchat. Training will be a little slower (you're "wasting" acc. crew training on the loader*), but no big deal. I am not entirely familiar with the crew skills recommended for the BC25t, but I am guessing that it has plenty of skills worth taking before you want to take loader-specific skills on the commander or gunner.

If you have leftover gold, I'd go for the Rev. I believe it should be perfectly serviceable with Frontlines coming up. The Lorr. is arguably a better tank, but it costs a bit more. Plan ahead and grind FL hard for crew training and credits.

The best tip, anyway, is to attempt to slap a female crew into it. Always useful with tanks that "need" a lot of crew skills.

*In theory only 25% of the time, but if the crew also gains experience from a tank with the Batchat crew setup, the loader will get the accelerated crew experience every time because he's the least trained.

Edited by kubawt112, 09 February 2019 - 11:29 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:25 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostMeetriX, on 10 February 2019 - 12:22 AM, said:

One could say that the BC is a medium in name only. Also up to tier 8, all the tanks leading to the BC are lights so you could train a good crew then retrain for gold when you reach tier 9. The Lorraine might seem a better trainer but the play style is very different.

MeetriX #6 Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21428 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 09 February 2019 - 11:25 PM, said:

One could say that the BC is a medium in name only. Also up to tier 8, all the tanks leading to the BC are lights so you could train a good crew then retrain for gold when you reach tier 9. The Lorraine might seem a better trainer but the play style is very different.

So you're saying that ELC would be a good trainer?

75% crew and -50% XP. 

bokbiertjes #7 Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3509 battles
  • [F_A_F] F_A_F

View Postkubawt112, on 09 February 2019 - 11:24 PM, said:

The M4A1 Rev. can definitely train a crew for the Batchat. Training will be a little slower (you're "wasting" acc. crew training on the loader*), but no big deal. I am not entirely familiar with the crew skills recommended for the BC25t, but I am guessing that it has plenty of skills worth taking before you want to take loader-specific skills on the commander or gunner.

If you have leftover gold, I'd go for the Rev. I believe it should be perfectly serviceable with Frontlines coming up. The Lorr. is arguably a better tank, but it costs a bit more. Plan ahead and grind FL hard for crew training and credits.

The best tip, anyway, is to attempt to slap a female crew into it. Always useful with tanks that "need" a lot of crew skills.

*In theory only 25% of the time, but if the crew also gains experience from a tank with the Batchat crew setup, the loader will get the accelerated crew experience every time because he's the least trained.

Yeah thanks :) I also have a female crew member for my WZ-132-1
22:39 Added after 0 minutes

View Postkubawt112, on 09 February 2019 - 11:24 PM, said:

But the question is, does it matter that the crew loadout thing is different (look at the screenshots)
22:41 Added after 2 minutes

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 09 February 2019 - 11:25 PM, said:

I like the Somua SM alot and thats kinda identical to the Lorr 40 t so I'll probably go for the Lorr 40t

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:41 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostMeetriX, on 10 February 2019 - 12:34 AM, said:

So you're saying that ELC would be a good trainer?

75% crew and -50% XP. 

Come on! :)

I am saying that...

• The BC play style is pretty much that of a light tank so learning the stuff in a proper light will benefit the OP and will train a good crew for the tanks up to tier 8.
  • After reaching tier 9, the BC AP, you could retrain that crew for a medium using gold.
  • Since the AMX 13 90 is also a very good light tank, you could train another crew for that too using the ELC.

There is no right answer here, from experience that's what i'll do. You could have a different idea that work too but that's personal preference.

Edit: It takes a lot of time and battles to really get something like the BC to work especially nowadays coincidentally it takes a lot of battles training a good 3-man crew!

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 09 February 2019 - 11:51 PM.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostMeetriX, on 09 February 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

True. But before there was even crew trainer for different classes or even in a nation, you use what you have. Take US TD's. Took ages before we even got a US TD crew trainer. So prior to that. I used US meds. I started a fresh 75% crew trained for US meds, trained them up there to at least 80% on the 2nd skill. Then retrained them for the TD I needed them to. Yes the base % drop is even bigger when retrained for a new class. But skill drop gets that up to 100% again for free. Thus the 80% one. As when you had a few US prem meds, it went rather fast on a 2x daily run vs just using the normal TD's first. 

But ofc using a Med crew trained for a Med in an LT prem. Will ofc not work as well with the base % penalties and the crew XP penalty. 

bokbiertjes #10 Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3509 battles
  • [F_A_F] F_A_F

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 09 February 2019 - 11:41 PM, said:

Come on! :)

I am saying that...

• The BC play style is pretty much that of a light tank so learning the stuff in a proper light will benefit the OP and will train a good crew for the tanks up to tier 8.
  • After reaching tier 9, the BC AP, you could retrain that crew for a medium using gold.
  • Since the AMX 13 90 is also a very good light tank, you could train another crew for that too using the ELC.

There is no right answer here, from experience that's what i'll do. You could have a different idea that work too but that's personal preference.

Edit: It takes a lot of time and battles to really get something like the BC to work especially nowadays coincidentally it takes a lot of battles training a good 3-man crew!

Yeah right since 3 isn't that good tbh

XxKuzkina_MatxX #11 Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:31 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View Postbokbiertjes, on 10 February 2019 - 01:16 AM, said:

Yeah right since 3 isn't that good tbh

A 3-man crew is the worst case possible. The BC commander is also the radioman, 6th sense is essential and you need BIA, camo, recon and situational awareness. Those are 5 skills to drive a decent tank without repairs and it takes 3.36 million XP to reach that!

kubawt112 #12 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postbokbiertjes, on 09 February 2019 - 11:38 PM, said:

(....)
But the question is, does it matter that the crew loadout thing is different (look at the screenshots)
(...)

I've tried to explain it already, but I'll try again:

In terms of crew skills, you should be fine because you likely won't take any kind of loader-type skill on the Batchat's commander or gunner - they both have plenty of other skills to pick from. Except from having the secondary 'loader' role on the commander and gunner, they are otherwise compatible.

The only issue, aside from potential tank performance and price/availability, is speed of crew training. A premium tank (or an 'elited', fully researched tank) may use 'accelerated crew training'. What this does is giving the experience that would normally be put aside for conversion/module research and apply to the crew member with the least amount of crew XP gained (typically the least trained one, but not always due to how some crew come with one free skill).

For instance, this is a Batchat crew in the Rev:

This is basically what you're going to end up with if you play both the Batchat and the Rev. Basically every time you play the latter, the loader will get the additional experience. The large mismatch is however due to doing what XxKuzkina_MatxX outlines above - the Batchat crew had tons of battles on LTs before switching tanks.

bokbiertjes #13 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:05 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3509 battles
  • [F_A_F] F_A_F

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 10 February 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

A 3-man crew is the worst case possible. The BC commander is also the radioman, 6th sense is essential and you need BIA, camo, recon and situational awareness. Those are 5 skills to drive a decent tank without repairs and it takes 3.36 million XP to reach that!

Well I don't want all those things immediatly. If I just get a female command it will be fine
00:06 Added after 1 minute

View Postkubawt112, on 10 February 2019 - 01:05 AM, said:

I've tried to explain it already, but I'll try again:

In terms of crew skills, you should be fine because you likely won't take any kind of loader-type skill on the Batchat's commander or gunner - they both have plenty of other skills to pick from. Except from having the secondary 'loader' role on the commander and gunner, they are otherwise compatible.

The only issue, aside from potential tank performance and price/availability, is speed of crew training. A premium tank (or an 'elited', fully researched tank) may use 'accelerated crew training'. What this does is giving the experience that would normally be put aside for conversion/module research and apply to the crew member with the least amount of crew XP gained (typically the least trained one, but not always due to how some crew come with one free skill).

For instance, this is a Batchat crew in the Rev:

This is basically what you're going to end up with if you play both the Batchat and the Rev. Basically every time you play the latter, the loader will get the additional experience. The large mismatch is however due to doing what XxKuzkina_MatxX outlines above - the Batchat crew had tons of battles on LTs before switching tanks.

But the BC 25 t has a 3 man crew and M4A1 has a 4 man crew
00:12 Added after 6 minutes

I'll probably do,

Female Commander: Sixth Sense, BiA and Recon (and when a 4th skill unlocked add Situational Awareness or Concealment.

Gunner: BiA (later add Snap Shot or Designated Target or Concealment/Repairs)

Driver: BiA (later add Smooth Ride or Concealment/Repairs)

What you guys think about that

kubawt112 #14 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postbokbiertjes, on 10 February 2019 - 01:05 AM, said:

(...)
But the BC 25 t has a 3 man crew and M4A1 has a 4 man crew

Yeah, it does, and that isn't a problem. It doesn't really matter what the secondary role of a crew member is (right column in your screenshots, e.g. commander is also the radioman). The only exception is that the safe stowage skill isn't active on the M4A1 if the commander or gunner has it - only if the loader has it.

Let's take an example. The loader on the Chinese lights (e.g. WZ-132A) all have 'radio operator' as their secondary role - except the Type 64 and M5A1, both of which have a dedicated loader. The WZ-132A/Type 64 and BC25t/M4A1 Rev. situation is basically the same - although quite a bit more relevant here (since you, as described, likely wouldn't run into the problem with common skill setups).

This is the dedicated radio operator and the WZ-132A's loader/RO in the Type 64:

This is the loader/radio operator when he sits in the WZ-132A:

The Type 62 offers an identical crew setup to the WZ-132A (and most other CN LTs). Like the Lorraine, however, the Type 62 is somewhat costly and not commonly available. The Type 64, just like the M4A1 (to some degree), is"affordable and easily available.

In other words, I'd have no issue using the M4A1 Rev. for crew training, nor do I have any issues using the Type 64 for crew training either (not to mention that a five-skill crew on a strong T6 LT is pretty dirty).

XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:27 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

Commander: 6th sense, BIA, recon, situational awareness, camo, repairs.

Gunner: BIA, safe stowage, camo, repairs, snap shot.

Driver: BIA, clutch braking, camo, repairs, smooth ride.

I think that's the right order.

Hedgehog1963 #16 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 52189 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

Edited by Hedgehog1963, 10 February 2019 - 01:40 AM.

bokbiertjes #17 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3509 battles
  • [F_A_F] F_A_F

View Postkubawt112, on 10 February 2019 - 01:21 AM, said:

Yeah, it does, and that isn't a problem. It doesn't really matter what the secondary role of a crew member is (right column in your screenshots, e.g. commander is also the radioman). The only exception is that the safe stowage skill isn't active on the M4A1 if the commander or gunner has it - only if the loader has it.

Let's take an example. The loader on the Chinese lights (e.g. WZ-132A) all have 'radio operator' as their secondary role - except the Type 64 and M5A1, both of which have a dedicated loader. The WZ-132A/Type 64 and BC25t/M4A1 Rev. situation is basically the same - although quite a bit more relevant here (since you, as described, likely wouldn't run into the problem with common skill setups).

This is the dedicated radio operator and the WZ-132A's loader/RO in the Type 64:

This is the loader/radio operator when he sits in the WZ-132A:

The Type 62 offers an identical crew setup to the WZ-132A (and most other CN LTs). Like the Lorraine, however, the Type 62 is somewhat costly and not commonly available. The Type 64, just like the M4A1 (to some degree), is"affordable and easily available.

In other words, I'd have no issue using the M4A1 Rev. for crew training, nor do I have any issues using the Type 64 for crew training either (not to mention that a five-skill crew on a strong T6 LT is pretty dirty).

Thanks :) but ill probably get the lorr 40t instead anyway since its a good tank

Edited by bokbiertjes, 10 February 2019 - 01:56 AM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #18 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:59 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostHedgehog1963, on 10 February 2019 - 02:36 AM, said:

There were some pretty strong words there but i really don't mind explaining my choice...

How much of the line leading to the BC are lights and how much are mediums???

The only mediums in the line are at tiers 9 and 10. Now how would you train your fresh crew in a Rev while grinding the tech tree at the same time?

If you chose to train the crew for say 500-1000 battles on the Rev then retrain them for the lights to start the grind, yeah sure that'd be okay but you'll have to train them again for mediums starting at tier 9!

Do you think it's a better idea to drag a bad crew all the way to tier 9 and start training them in the Rev for the mediums? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having a good crew during most of the grind?

My suggestion is one out of many and all of them work just fine depending on your preference. Same thing with the crew skills which is a much more complicated issue but none of the posts above qualify as a [edited]up!

I suppose there is the ignore list if you don't like my posts and that'd take only a few seconds but why bother quoting if you don't like them in the first place? you could've offered an alternative at least!

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 10 February 2019 - 05:27 AM.

gunslingerXXX #19 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:54 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11866 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Get the CDC :trollface:

Rilleta #20 Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:57 PM

Major

• Player
  • 17693 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

Lorraine 40T

AMX 13 57

Leafblower

I use these. Retraining penalty is acceptable since, after 6S, I usually go for BIA. Then again, all me new Commanders are reward Lady crew members, so I make those their commanders.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users