Is it true that THIS is opinion about Euro players by WoT creators?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Is it true that THIS is opinion about Euro players by WoT creators? (84 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Are Euro players biggest drama queens?

1. Yes (20 votes [23.81%])

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

2. Hell yea! (20 votes [23.81%])

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

3. Maybe (18 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

4. No (26 votes [30.95%])

Percentage of vote: 30.95%

Vote Hide poll

seXikanac #1 Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12578 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

If you touch anything, there will be a ruckus, the biggest drama queens being the EU server.

Old Q&A from WoT developers https://thearmoredpa...nk-day-2017-qa/

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:50 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11845 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Probably yes

SoupFork #3 Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8116 battles

Yup.

When there’s any kind of (perceived) issue, 10% of players voice a clear and coherent objection, 90% resort to hissyfits, tantrums and personal attacks on WG staff and other players. It’s like American politics in here.

BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23220 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostseXikanac, on 10 February 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

If you touch anything, there will be a ruckus, the biggest drama queens being the EU server.

The flip side of that would be that the RU server is the easiest and most compliant player base to roll over with any changes you like.

Noo_Noo #5 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22184 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 10 February 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

The flip side of that would be that the RU server is the easiest and most compliant player base to roll over with any changes you like.

Indeed. 

If I were WG I would actually take some heed (carefully) of what is said by EU players. Despite all the whine and hissy fits its pretty easy to pick out what the major issues troubling the player base are. 

That would seem like an easy and obvious direction to take for me. 

Robbie_T #6 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17765 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Depends the NES generation and everything before are pretty okay overall

But everything born after 2000 are drama queens ....its the way the get raised by there parents......But drama queens is the least of there problems.

But its our own fault giving them everything and threat them like little boys....

Even games have become  more easy ......give a 2000 generation a NES for the first time......in 2 hours you will see them crying on the ground because the game is to hard and have to start all over again.

Edited by Robbie_T, 10 February 2019 - 01:24 PM.

Tom_Deekanarry #7 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9229 battles
Judging by the whining in pretty much every thread on this forum how anyone can vote anything but "hell yeah" is a mystery to me!

SuedKAT #8 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Yes, however it seems like EU is the only server cluster that can read patch notes and look at upcoming vehicle stats and come to the conclusion that something is bad for the game and realize that something will be totally OP before anyone else, heck it tends to take months even years before WG finally realize and do something about it.

Gremlin182 #9 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:40 PM

General

• Player
  • 51738 battles

Tricky to say as I have not experienced the other forums apart from the NA one years ago.

Drama queens want different things to each other and they want them now, however they have a belief that all other right thinking drama queens agree with them and the others are bots and red players.

They are frustrated that wargaming just cannot see this and insist on making changes that are not needed.

There is no way to fix this as whatever you do will be wrong.

Parents experience this all the time they tend to put up with it because they love their kids.

Edited by Gremlin182, 10 February 2019 - 01:42 PM.

gunslingerXXX #10 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11845 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostSoupFork, on 10 February 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

It’s like American politics in here.

:teethhappy:

Surely it's not THAT bad....

Is it?

SuedKAT #11 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 10 February 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

:teethhappy:

Surely it's not THAT bad....

Is it?

Ohh it's sad, so very sad, the worstest of sad, bad sad!

OMG_Abaddon #12 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9451 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

Not necessarily, some people do act like drama queens as in "well RNG is clearly against me, there's a switch that WG flicks on and makes me lose in favor of the other 99.9999% of the players". But yeah, in most cases and more specifically when dozens of threads of people complaining about the same thing, those are legit.

Lately, the amount of wasted time to put cars in this game that many people enjoyed in all-car games but most also don't enjoy in random battles, the fact that SPGs are generall frowned upon, they also wasted time to make an official mod center, and most importantly the lack of information towards the player is what makes people rage.

They don't even pay attention to CCs, much less try to fix what other companies on actual successful games do in less than a month, WG usually takes years and we end up with russian tank levels of balance. 

Cobra6 #13 Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

There is a big difference between the way games are developed/handled in the Eastern hemisphere and the way the same thing is handles in the Western hemisphere.

Let's just say that the Eastern part is more likely to just accept adversity and live with it while the West speaks up earlier. Differences in culture and history I presume.

Which they just label as "drama" compared to what they are used to, accepting.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 10 February 2019 - 01:59 PM.

Bordhaw #14 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 13163 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 10 February 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

That's because all super test players are Russian. 

Dorander #15 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:07 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18688 battles

That statement really should not be taken out of its context. The full quote is 

• "It’s really hard to rebalance old premium tanks. If you touch anything, there will be a ruckus, the biggest drama queens being the EU server. We wait for a moment where we can change the KV-5. It’s a tank which rebalance we regularly postpone."

Premium tanks are tanks that people paid real money for, they're not merely some changes to the balance of their own product. A product was advertised as having certain traits, people bought that product expecting it would have these traits. It's a basic consumer right in the EU that you get a product as advertised.

This statement is nothing more than an attempt to make the defense of that right seem unreasonable, by pointing out something else which is probably true: people whine a lot. However the fact that people whine a lot does not make it true that they never have legitimate complaints and that statement calling EU players "dramaqueens" tries to gloss over that difference by making it sound like a bad thing to complain at all. In the full context of that statement, they are literally stating that they are waiting for a moment when they can get away with it.

Edited by Dorander, 10 February 2019 - 02:07 PM.

kubawt112 #16 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Regarding the statement, it's my understanding that the Russian language is a tad less 'discreet' than English, and that WG employees don't have the habit of being 'discreet' either. I'm not sure exactly why. Sometimes it's obviously because they're off-the-cuff comments, but I'd expect senior management to be able to phrase themselves a bit carefully.

That's despite WG knowing full well that EU players don't get 'official' access to these Q&As.

Even Q&As done in English may suffer from the language barrier; let's just say that WG's head honchos are not hired for their English skills. I still remember Andrey Biletsky illustrating the importance of three-tier matches by the phrase monsters (...) scary and very scary. Illustrative, of course, but still.

jabster #17 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12615 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDorander, on 10 February 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

• "It’s really hard to rebalance old premium tanks. If you touch anything, there will be a ruckus, the biggest drama queens being the EU server. We wait for a moment where we can change the KV-5. It’s a tank which rebalance we regularly postpone."

Premium tanks are tanks that people paid real money for, they're not merely some changes to the balance of their own product. A product was advertised as having certain traits, people bought that product expecting it would have these traits. It's a basic consumer right in the EU that you get a product as advertised.

This statement is nothing more than an attempt to make the defense of that right seem unreasonable, by pointing out something else which is probably true: people whine a lot. However the fact that people whine a lot does not make it true that they never have legitimate complaints and that statement calling EU players "dramaqueens" tries to gloss over that difference by making it sound like a bad thing to complain at all. In the full context of that statement, they are literally stating that they are waiting for a moment when they can get away with it.

If I was being cynical sometimes it does, or used to, seem that WG ‘bashed’ the EU players to appeal to their RU players.

seXikanac #18 Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12578 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostSuedKAT, on 10 February 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

Yes, however it seems like EU is the only server cluster that can read patch notes and look at upcoming vehicle stats and come to the conclusion that something is bad for the game and realize that something will be totally OP before anyone else, heck it tends to take months even years before WG finally realize and do something about it.

Have you visited Russian or better to say ex-soviet WoT forum?

View PostCobra6, on 10 February 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

There is a big difference between the way games are developed/handled in the Eastern hemisphere and the way the same thing is handles in the Western hemisphere.

Let's just say that the Eastern part is more likely to just accept adversity and live with it while the West speaks up earlier. Differences in culture and history I presume.

Which they just label as "drama" compared to what they are used to, accepting.

Cobra 6

It feels like you don't know a single person from Eastern or South Eastern Europe

View PostDorander, on 10 February 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

Well, you aren't superficial and actually clicked on a link I posted and read all of it :D Congrats. I will add + in your file :D

kaneloon #19 Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29472 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB

View PostseXikanac, on 10 February 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

After your last drama thread "Will fast armoured cars alienate the majority of European WoT players?" , I would surely have voted for this choice :

- seXikanac is the top #1 drama queen on the EU forums

DuncaN_101 #20 Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 54255 battles
I second that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users