Jump to content


The Disapointment for a new Player

Newbie Discuss Help

  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Baldrickk #21 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:52 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 31940 battles
  • 15,701
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View Postkisli, on 11 February 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

Gotta have fresh supply of seals for the whales.

Whales and clubbers have nothing to do with each other.

A whale is someone who just keeps spending. 

 

The two sets intersect,  but have no link



kisli #22 Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:24 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35952 battles
  • 354
  • Member since:
    05-12-2012

Whales would quit pretty fast if they had to fight their "peers" in Defenders all the time



Baldrickk #23 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:32 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 31940 battles
  • 15,701
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View Postkisli, on 12 February 2019 - 12:24 AM, said:

Whales would quit pretty fast if they had to fight their "peers" in Defenders all the time

Which is pretty much what would happen if we ended up with single tier MM.

 

The Tiger II does actually have a pretty good gun for the supporting role, but how many fo you expect to see on Frontlines?



Freak0ut13 #24 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:49 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 591 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    04-06-2018

View PostSiliconSidewinder, on 11 February 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

by the way WG announced a while ago that they will change the MM to a 5/5/5 tamplate.

 

so people will have a higher chance to be top tier in the future again, but obviously will also meet more top tier tanks in their other games. Sounds fair to me, though I still liked the old MM better.

 

This would be great and i think the matchmaking doens't need longer to matching the players.

kisli #25 Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35952 battles
  • 354
  • Member since:
    05-12-2012

Please stop strawmanning.

 

Nobody is proposing +0 MM.

Some would like to have +1 MM, like Circon, who believe it would be more fun for most players, specially new ones.

Very few like having to fight +2 ALL THE EFFING TIME.



Baldrickk #26 Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:40 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 31940 battles
  • 15,701
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View Postkisli, on 12 February 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Very few like having to fight +2 ALL THE EFFING TIME.

And I'm included in that.  3-5-7 is terrible.

It doesn't mean +2 MM is.



kisli #27 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:35 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35952 battles
  • 354
  • Member since:
    05-12-2012

+2 MM is 3-5-7, at the moment.

 

Btw, how will 5-5-5 be an improvement? Less likely to be bottom, maybe, but even more outclassed?



____Green____ #28 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:11 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19802 battles
  • 192
  • [HOWI] HOWI
  • Member since:
    01-12-2014

View PostFreak0ut13, on 10 February 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

Would to know any hints or to hear about other new gamer experience about this. And how it feels to play as a low tier and be the rock on the feet for the team.

 

Best regards

Karlito

 

Bro!

I checked your stats (wn8=354) and truth is - you mostly die without dealt dmg. On average you manage to penetrate 1-2 shots per round. That is bad.

First thing you need is crew for tank. While you train crew - play 2nd line, play safe, dont trade your shots. If you lose on flank, just step back and do some extra dmg. Im 100%  sure, that problem is in your 75% crew and you play without commanders 6th sense skill. 

 

Learn some basic game mechanics.

 

Just google or search on forum these hints:

 

* 15m behind bush

* View range

* Crew training

* Armor and penetration

* Tank roles

 

Watch some youtube "How to" videos.

 

You have T-34-85m - Top 3 tier VI medium tank - just learn game basics on that tank, train crew, get crew skills. Try to platoon up with some player and ask for tips and tricks, positions, strats, minimap reading.

 

Your first task - deal every battle dmg=your hitpoints or more (even if you can this only by camping on redline)

Second task - take out oneshots

Third task - Survive as long as you can

 

 

Dude, there is refrall program running - find your commander who will teach you to play and you will get some juicy rewards for that.

 

Oh, no.... 535 battles already....


Edited by ____Green____, 12 February 2019 - 03:20 PM.


Freak0ut13 #29 Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:43 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 591 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    04-06-2018

View Post____Green____, on 12 February 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

 

Bro!

I checked your stats (wn8=354) and truth is - you mostly die without dealt dmg. On average you manage to penetrate 1-2 shots per round. That is bad.

First thing you need is crew for tank. While you train crew - play 2nd line, play safe, dont trade your shots. If you lose on flank, just step back and do some extra dmg. Im 100%  sure, that problem is in your 75% crew and you play without commanders 6th sense skill. 

 

Learn some basic game mechanics.

 

Just google or search on forum these hints:

 

* 15m behind bush

* View range

* Crew training

* Armor and penetration

* Tank roles

 

Watch some youtube "How to" videos.

 

You have T-34-85m - Top 3 tier VI medium tank - just learn game basics on that tank, train crew, get crew skills. Try to platoon up with some player and ask for tips and tricks, positions, strats, minimap reading.

 

Your first task - deal every battle dmg=your hitpoints or more (even if you can this only by camping on redline)

Second task - take out oneshots

Third task - Survive as long as you can

 

 

Dude, there is refrall program running - find your commander who will teach you to play and you will get some juicy rewards for that.

 

Oh, no.... 535 battles already....

 

Yeah thats correct that i die mostly without doing some damage. The T-34-85m was a rent-car for ten days and is gone. So the only premium is the t-127 and i dont see the point to play tier 3 light to train a crew i wouldn't use. I want to stay with german tanks and dont switch to russians at the moment. The points like "15m bush", "crew training" I watched many YT-Tuts and know about 80% about it. problem is map knowledge and fight against high tier.

____Green____ #30 Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:04 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19802 battles
  • 192
  • [HOWI] HOWI
  • Member since:
    01-12-2014

View PostFreak0ut13, on 12 February 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

 

 i dont see the point to play tier 3 light to train a crew i wouldn't use.

 

what? Bro, you can put crew from same nation, same class in premium tank without penalty. You dont need special crew for premium tank. 



Baldrickk #31 Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 31940 battles
  • 15,701
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View Postkisli, on 12 February 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

+2 MM is 3-5-7, at the moment.

 

Btw, how will 5-5-5 be an improvement? Less likely to be bottom, maybe, but even more outclassed?

With three top tiers,  they either engage each other, which happens quickly, or they go to different locations and start shooting at lower tiers. 

 

Despite there being lots of lower tiers,  people don't feel safe making moves in case they run into enemy top tiers,  even if there are only a few of them. 

 

More top tiers means that there are now yanks that can go to the front effectively. 

They can then form a proper front line with a 'safe' space behind them that sorry vehicles can use to get into position and actually support their higher tiers. 



_6i6_ #32 Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14157 battles
  • 324
  • [A__K] A__K
  • Member since:
    03-22-2018

View PostBaldrickk, on 12 February 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

Which is pretty much what would happen if we ended up with single tier MM.

 

The Tiger II does actually have a pretty good gun for the supporting role, but how many fo you expect to see on Frontlines?

 

im using it :hiding:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ok...ill be honest..im just using FL to grind through it...


Edited by _6i6_, 12 February 2019 - 05:31 PM.


kisli #33 Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:33 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35952 battles
  • 354
  • Member since:
    05-12-2012

View PostBaldrickk, on 12 February 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

With three top tiers,  they either engage each other, which happens quickly, or they go to different locations and start shooting at lower tiers. 

 

Despite there being lots of lower tiers,  people don't feel safe making moves in case they run into enemy top tiers,  even if there are only a few of them. 

 

More top tiers means that there are now yanks that can go to the front effectively. 

They can then form a proper front line with a 'safe' space behind them that sorry vehicles can use to get into position and actually support their higher tiers. 

 

This is bit too esoteric for my taste.

So, for bottoms tiers there's just two more +2s.to outplay your team's +2s and farm the rest.


Edited by kisli, 12 February 2019 - 05:34 PM.


Baldrickk #34 Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 31940 battles
  • 15,701
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View Post_6i6_, on 12 February 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

im using it :hiding:

 

 

ok...ill be honest..im just using FL to grind through it...

It really disapoints me that WG can't see beyond powercreep as a way of getting people to want to play new lines.



Freak0ut13 #35 Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:25 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 591 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    04-06-2018

View Post____Green____, on 12 February 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

 

what? Bro, you can put crew from same nation, same class in premium tank without penalty. You dont need special crew for premium tank. 

 

Correct, I don't drive russian lights. 

eekeeboo #36 Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:08 PM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46125 battles
  • 2,077
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View Postkisli, on 12 February 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

+2 MM is 3-5-7, at the moment.

 

Btw, how will 5-5-5 be an improvement? Less likely to be bottom, maybe, but even more outclassed?

 

The thing is, +/- 2 isn't 3-5-7, 3-5-7 actually removed a lot of the more extreme +/-2 mm you used to get. The problem is most people now hate being part of the 7 frequently, but forgot all the times they were part of the 2 in the 12/1/2. 

View PostBaldrickk, on 12 February 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

It really disapoints me that WG can't see beyond powercreep as a way of getting people to want to play new lines.

 

That's also why you see new mechanics and different play styles too! 

 

 



Rjsen #37 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:45 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6335 battles
  • 360
  • Member since:
    06-29-2013
If you feel bad playing a game, i advice you to not play :) ... seriously now ! Just play something else that make you feel good and not bad like WoT... this game is popular for having most unpleasant gameplay and a lot of bad players make the game unplayable. The mechanics are good but let's not forget all the p2w aspects and broken tanks + broken match making. Don't do the mistake to go further in this game, just play something else to make you feel relaxed. 

Edited by Zhaon, 13 February 2019 - 08:46 AM.


Freak0ut13 #38 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:20 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 591 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    04-06-2018

View PostZhaon, on 13 February 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

If you feel bad playing a game, i advice you to not play :) ... seriously now ! Just play something else that make you feel good and not bad like WoT... this game is popular for having most unpleasant gameplay and a lot of bad players make the game unplayable. The mechanics are good but let's not forget all the p2w aspects and broken tanks + broken match making. Don't do the mistake to go further in this game, just play something else to make you feel relaxed. 

 

the big problem is that the game makes fun in a strange kind of way. but at the moment its more stressing.

dunny77 #39 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:14 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 4863 battles
  • 26
  • [BRIT6] BRIT6
  • Member since:
    02-18-2015
I think it would also help new players if the range circles on the minimap were selected as 'on' by default and explained in one of the tips windows you get whilst you wait for the battle to start. - I had my first 2500 ish battles with them off, which had me returned to garage rather rapidly. 

Baldrickk #40 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 31940 battles
  • 15,701
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View Postdunny77, on 13 February 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

I think it would also help new players if the range circles on the minimap were selected as 'on' by default and explained in one of the tips windows you get whilst you wait for the battle to start. - I had my first 2500 ish battles with them off, which had me returned to garage rather rapidly. 

I can see why they don't, they don't want to overwhelm new players with too much info.

 

They could add a tutorial so people know it exists though 







Also tagged with Newbie, Discuss, Help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users