Jump to content


Wheeled Tanks...the last attempt to kill the game


  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

spedake #1 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:24 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 25310 battles
  • 11
  • [I-DI] I-DI
  • Member since:
    01-30-2012

Hello,

this is my 1° topic in 7 years of playing WOT, because until now i didn't feel any critical reason to post anything. I hope indeed this is the right section.

 

But now i really feel the introduction of wheeled tanks is ruining game experience, for several reasons:

- they are ludicrus fast, and get in position way before the fastest traditional light scouts

- theyr limited view range isn't a limitation at all, they're so fast that that's not a problem

- when you spot one of them, simply they can escape going backwards, giving you almost 0% chance to get a hit

- theyr guns are too effective, DPM and alfa are way to high....they simply come close and humiliate any other opponent

- you can't track them, so there is no possibility to stuck them in place. Add to this that very low profile...

 

Afther all the premium and non premium OP vehicles gradually introduced, imho this is the final blow to a game thats becoming less and less attractive. In the past your experiece of weakspots was rewarded, nowdays this is always less important in my experience). 

Finally i think WG should serioulsy reconsider wheeled tanks mechanics and statistics, otherwise this is really the time i get involved into another game, and i would not like to....

regards...

 

meanwhile i give a piece of advice: wheeled tanks should appear as a circle/point on the minimap, because they are a totally different class from normal socuts...

 


Edited by spedake, 10 February 2019 - 02:28 PM.


barison1 #2 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39501 battles
  • 918
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012
something tells me you didnt play wheeled LT at all, perhaps play them first before spewing nonsense about them

_Conan_Librarian_ #3 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:31 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 32423 battles
  • 429
  • Member since:
    01-16-2011
They can jump 10 m in the air and land without any damage , after reach max speed fast.  Wheelies are broken and plain stupid in form they got applied. 

Noo_Noo #4 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:45 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 22241 battles
  • 2,524
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

View Postspedake, on 10 February 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

Hello,

this is my 1° topic in 7 years of playing WOT, because until now i didn't feel any critical reason to post anything. I hope indeed this is the right section.

 

But now i really feel the introduction of wheeled tanks is ruining game experience, for several reasons:

- they are ludicrus fast, and get in position way before the fastest traditional light scouts

- theyr limited view range isn't a limitation at all, they're so fast that that's not a problem

- when you spot one of them, simply they can escape going backwards, giving you almost 0% chance to get a hit

- theyr guns are too effective, DPM and alfa are way to high....they simply come close and humiliate any other opponent

- you can't track them, so there is no possibility to stuck them in place. Add to this that very low profile...

 

Afther all the premium and non premium OP vehicles gradually introduced, imho this is the final blow to a game thats becoming less and less attractive. In the past your experiece of weakspots was rewarded, nowdays this is always less important in my experience). 

Finally i think WG should serioulsy reconsider wheeled tanks mechanics and statistics, otherwise this is really the time i get involved into another game, and i would not like to....

regards...

 

meanwhile i give a piece of advice: wheeled tanks should appear as a circle/point on the minimap, because they are a totally different class from normal socuts...

 

 

View Post_Conan_Librarian_, on 10 February 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

They can jump 10 m in the air and land without any damage , after reach max speed fast.  Wheelies are broken and plain stupid in form they got applied. 

 

Have either of you actually played them?

I haven't either before you ask but have seen enough to suggest otherwise. 

spedake #5 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:49 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 25310 battles
  • 11
  • [I-DI] I-DI
  • Member since:
    01-30-2012

View Postbarison1, on 10 February 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

something tells me you didnt play wheeled LT at all, perhaps play them first before spewing nonsense about them

 

I don't want to play them at all!!

But i'm playing against them and i feel always the combat is not fair at all.

I have 7 years and 25k+ battles done....i'm certenly not a PRO or unicum, but i have a reasonable experience in this game. And i repeat i neve seen tanks so broken before. They are out of position in this game, otherwise change the name in world of racers with a gun. It's a non sense...

WG instead of fixing the broken stuff, like OP tanks or MM, worsten the situation with wheeled tanks...please...



azakow #6 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:49 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 79051 battles
  • 4,937
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

I feel for you.

You will get used to them.

 

I case you leave, I wish you all the best.

 



tajj7 #7 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:50 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 26470 battles
  • 14,213
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View Postspedake, on 10 February 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

Hello,

this is my 1° topic in 7 years of playing WOT, because until now i didn't feel any critical reason to post anything. I hope indeed this is the right section.

 

But now i really feel the introduction of wheeled tanks is ruining game experience, for several reasons:

- they are ludicrus fast, and get in position way before the fastest traditional light scouts

- theyr limited view range isn't a limitation at all, they're so fast that that's not a problem

- when you spot one of them, simply they can escape going backwards, giving you almost 0% chance to get a hit

- theyr guns are too effective, DPM and alfa are way to high....they simply come close and humiliate any other opponent

- you can't track them, so there is no possibility to stuck them in place. Add to this that very low profile...

 

Afther all the premium and non premium OP vehicles gradually introduced, imho this is the final blow to a game thats becoming less and less attractive. In the past your experiece of weakspots was rewarded, nowdays this is always less important in my experience). 

Finally i think WG should serioulsy reconsider wheeled tanks mechanics and statistics, otherwise this is really the time i get involved into another game, and i would not like to....

regards...

 

meanwhile i give a piece of advice: wheeled tanks should appear as a circle/point on the minimap, because they are a totally different class from normal socuts...

 

 

lol all of this is basically flat out wrong.

 

Clearly you haven't played them or know much about them.

 

Block Quote

 - they are ludicrus fast, and get in position way before the fastest traditional light scouts

 

Not they don't, tier 6 and 7 are no faster than same tier lights pretty much, tier 8-9 are about 10-15kph faster with similar hp/tons and tier 10 is the fastest but still has less hp/ton than the T-100 lt.

 

So the higher tier ones get to positions slightly faster than lights.

 

Block Quote

 - theyr limited view range isn't a limitation at all, they're so fast that that's not a problem

 

This is nonsense, of course its a limitation, they have the worst view range on their tiers by a long way and all but the tier 10 struggle to get to even decent view range. They are outspotted by most things and speed does not spot and yoloing to spot basically gets you killed.

 

Block Quote

 - when you spot one of them, simply they can escape going backwards, giving you almost 0% chance to get a hit

 

What like every tank in the game? 6th sense is 3s delay and whilst they have fast reverse speeds they aren't magic, so if you can't hit them when they are pulling away you are just bad.

 

Block Quote

 - theyr guns are too effective, DPM and alfa are way to high....they simply come close and humiliate any other opponent

 

More utter rubbish, their guns have worst DPM, alpha and pen than same tier lights and meds, often by quite a long way in some cases.

 

Block Quote

 - you can't track them, so there is no possibility to stuck them in place. Add to this that very low profile...

 

Yes you can track them you just need to destroy more wheels and damaging one wheel slows them down. Also they are not low profile , almost all of them are large tanks with big side profiles. Most Soviet tanks are lower profile, even many heavies in fact. 

 

Your comments are ignorant and you clearly haven't played them, clearly you got outplayed by a couple of these things and instead of realising it was your poor play, you came to the forums to whine. 



barison1 #8 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39501 battles
  • 918
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View Postspedake, on 10 February 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

 

I don't want to play them at all!!

But i'm playing against them and i feel always the combat is not fair at all.

I have 7 years and 25k+ battles done....i'm certenly not a PRO or unicum, but i have a reasonable experience in this game. And i repeat i neve seen tanks so broken before. They are out of position in this game, otherwise change the name in world of racers with a gun. It's a non sense...

WG instead of fixing the broken stuff, like OP tanks or MM, worsten the situation with wheeled tanks...please...

 

stop spewing nonsense about something you have no idea off then. the only thing broken about them that they are somewhat useless compared to normal t7 LT

Jigabachi #9 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 20,307
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Wait 2-3 weeks and you won't see many of them anymore and you'll have a more elaborate opinion about them. I watched a few matches with those tanks and I highly doubt that they will cause lots of issues. It's just another set of tanks that nobody needs, considering the overall state of the game.

spedake #10 Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:52 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 25310 battles
  • 11
  • [I-DI] I-DI
  • Member since:
    01-30-2012

View Postbarison1, on 10 February 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

 

stop spewing nonsense about something you have no idea off then. the only thing broken about them that they are somewhat useless compared to normal t7 LT

 

I undestand you like to spam around with F1 cars in a tank game...ok, go on if you like that. It's a waste of time to reply you anymore.
14:55 Added after 2 minutes

View Posttajj7, on 10 February 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

 

lol all of this is basically flat out wrong.

 

Clearly you haven't played them or know much about them.

 

 

Not they don't, tier 6 and 7 are no faster than same tier lights pretty much, tier 8-9 are about 10-15kph faster with similar hp/tons and tier 10 is the fastest but still has less hp/ton than the T-100 lt.

 

So the higher tier ones get to positions slightly faster than lights.

 

 

This is nonsense, of course its a limitation, they have the worst view range on their tiers by a long way and all but the tier 10 struggle to get to even decent view range. They are outspotted by most things and speed does not spot and yoloing to spot basically gets you killed.

 

 

What like every tank in the game? 6th sense is 3s delay and whilst they have fast reverse speeds they aren't magic, so if you can't hit them when they are pulling away you are just bad.

 

 

More utter rubbish, their guns have worst DPM, alpha and pen than same tier lights and meds, often by quite a long way in some cases.

 

 

Yes you can track them you just need to destroy more wheels and damaging one wheel slows them down. Also they are not low profile , almost all of them are large tanks with big side profiles. Most Soviet tanks are lower profile, even many heavies in fact. 

 

Your comments are ignorant and you clearly haven't played them, clearly you got outplayed by a couple of these things and instead of realising it was your poor play, you came to the forums to whine. 

 

clearly you dont' know what you talk about. Wheeled don't even need to spot, they get in position way before fastest normal lights. I can only agree that tier 6 and maybe 7 wheleed are not so faster than normal lights...but from tier 8 to 10 are all broken and they should not be able to do great damage...instead they do!!!! 
14:56 Added after 3 minutes

View PostJigabachi, on 10 February 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

Wait 2-3 weeks and you won't see many of them anymore and you'll have a more elaborate opinion about them. I watched a few matches with those tanks and I highly doubt that they will cause lots of issues. It's just another set of tanks that nobody needs, considering the overall state of the game.

 

this is the first intelligent reply i've read until now :)

i hope you're right....


Edited by spedake, 10 February 2019 - 03:57 PM.


DuncaN_101 #11 Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:02 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 54271 battles
  • 2,329
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011
Jiga is right.
It's going to take some time but this fase like every other new and op toy in game will die out quite soon after introduction.

Then it's on to the next thing that will end wot as we know it.

tajj7 #12 Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:11 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 26470 battles
  • 14,213
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View Postspedake, on 10 February 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

clearly you dont' know what you talk about. 

 

No that would be you. I have actual experience with them and know how they work. Pretty much everything you said about them was either full out wrong or massively exaggerated.  



_6i6_ #13 Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:12 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13288 battles
  • 297
  • [A__K] A__K
  • Member since:
    03-22-2018

im also quite sure that in a few days time there wont be as many wheeled ones going around as now, though aside from getting their top speed faster than a bugatti does in both forward and reverse(wtf?)

tjhey are not so difficult to hit, they are quite large and you can usually predict their movement when caught.

still i think they are not a good addition to the game



barison1 #14 Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39501 battles
  • 918
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View Postspedake, on 10 February 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

 

I undestand you like to spam around with F1 cars in a tank game...ok, go on if you like that. It's a waste of time to reply you anymore.
14:55 Added after 2 minutes

 

clearly you dont' know what you talk about. Wheeled don't even need to spot, they get in position way before fastest normal lights. I can only agree that tier 6 and maybe 7 wheleed are not so faster than normal lights...but from tier 8 to 10 are all broken and they should not be able to do great damage...instead they do!!!!

you really have no clue about them do you



snowlywhite #15 Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:40 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20290 battles
  • 321
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018

lowest hp(as bottom tier you'll be legit 1 shot many times for some in their team), tier 10 has the VR of an IS-3(a blind tier 8 heavy), the pen of T-44(a tier 8 med with mediocre pen) and the alpha/dpm of an IS-3.

 

are you for real or is this thread a joke? You can't hit them? Are you blind or can't you lead? As they sure ain't small.

 

finally, who the f cares if you'll play something else?

 

p.s. - the whole line is a bad joke; like the polish line. Tier 10 can be valid, but till tier 10 edited for 700k xp or whatever's the cost.


Edited by 11poseidon11, 10 February 2019 - 08:44 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


TankkiPoju #16 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:15 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21684 battles
  • 6,714
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

I don't think wheeled vehicles break anything, they are just a bit annoying. 95% of them drive around without accomplishing anything. Still fairly easy to hit with good shell velocity guns.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:28 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31237 battles
  • 3,048
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Haven't played a single wheelie, not even on the test server, so I've no personal experience from that side of things but I've been fighting a fair few of them recently with my own lights and can categorically confirm that the wheeled vehicles are indeed a minor inconvenience.

Black_Coyote #18 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:33 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16342 battles
  • 50
  • [ATBRO] ATBRO
  • Member since:
    12-22-2017

View PostTankkiPoju, on 11 February 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

I don't think wheeled vehicles break anything, they are just a bit annoying. 95% of them drive around without accomplishing anything. Still fairly easy to hit with good shell velocity guns.

 

And how many tanks have that good velocity guns ... And turret with speed travers ... ?



Unicorn_of_Steel #19 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:35 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10114 battles
  • 190
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
  • Member since:
    12-29-2017

I absolutely love them. I mean, what other tank jumps in the air when you kill them? :izmena:

 

But seriously, they do have a negative impact on gameplay. Scouting in a normal light is a problem right now. They are too fast for a lot of regular lights. And as feared by others on this forum, yes, you do see even more camping untill the carts are killed. Very nice idea by WG (i really do want a Puma!) but poorely executed imho.


Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 11 February 2019 - 07:37 AM.


TankkiPoju #20 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:54 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21684 battles
  • 6,714
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostBlack_Coyote, on 11 February 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

 

And how many tanks have that good velocity guns ... And turret with speed travers ... ?

 

That's why you preaim and learn to shoot.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users