"Special Ammo" destroying the game

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

_PanzerBitterbal_ #1 Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9977 battles
  • [1-DAB] 1-DAB

When WG announced they would finally act on all the complaint about Premium ammo witch now is being called "Special Ammo" I was hoping they see the light.

But as usual they do not care what we players think they got there own agenda leaving "special ammo" untouched.

With that crap in play almost all weak spots have been removed making it almost impossible for players that do not have a big wallet to do any damage.

In contrary they get shot on all tiers with "special ammo" witch in return is creating a big backslash to player fun and thus allot of new comers leaving the game again.

When will WG for fill its promise in strongly reducing damage from "special ammo"?

As for me the only proper solution would be to simply remove "special ammo" from the game period.

It destroys player fun on an enormous scale.

My guess is that WG will see the light when its to late to stop the decline off active players. No Mather what rewards they throw into the game for attracting new players.

Disappointed players will never ask new comers to play a game they like less and less every day.

NoobySkooby #2 Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15779 battles
  • [DENK] DENK

Mope, having none of it, full gold only way to go, you 0.5 seconds to aim and fire, maybe hit something, and I demand gold is made standard, I refuse to call it special as well.....

Oh I am feeling so naughty right now:trollface:

lostjacket #3 Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23595 battles
Special ammo is for players with special needs. Cause WG cares.

Edited by lostjacket, 11 February 2019 - 03:55 AM.

malowany #4 Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5883 battles
  • [H-O-A] H-O-A
Its not going anywhere, its one of the biggest income generators for WG. The fact that only after 8 years they decided to think about nerfing its damage should tell you enough about their approach. Another 8 years and then maybe you will see it gone when game threatens to not generate income.

Danzeratar #5 Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12501 battles
  • [-LYNX] -LYNX
Atleast 3 arty games aren't!

vasilinhorulezz #6 Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

Balc0ra #7 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68506 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Post_PanzerBitterbal_, on 10 February 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

When WG announced they would finally act on all the complaint about Premium ammo witch now is being called "Special Ammo" I was hoping they see the light.

But as usual they do not care what we players think they got there own agenda leaving "special ammo" untouched.

Because it's not changed and fixed in a day like most expect or think they can do. They are testing the current changes and fining a % each gun should stay at. As in a % damage reduction that works for every single gun without making it too useless. AS there were also concerns raised by players that WG have considered that did appear after the first waves of tests. As in it could back fire and give power the wrong way. As in the IS-6 with 1400 dpm with gold, that it has to use to even have a small chance of penning some tier 8 HT's even after the buffs. And if tanks like the Defender will only fight 1400 dpm guns all the time. It's not gonna work as well either tbh. Thus they have to test to find a % that don't make some tanks more broken. It's not just about... the ammo alone.

And at the same time they want to buff the normal ammo to counter it on some guns like the E100 etc. So they need to test that too. And considering how many guns there are. It's not done in a week. Nor did WG say it was coming soon. It's ETA was set for sometime this year. That's all we know.

Edited by Balc0ra, 11 February 2019 - 07:11 PM.

Dorander #8 Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:25 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18688 battles

I saw this thread about "special ammo" and was hoping to see a thread about how they'd finally let us fire rodents at enemy tanks in which case I'd have favoured hedgehogs.

Ended up disappointed, just another prammo whine.

The income issue of firing prammo itself aside, there's the salient fact to point out that after so many years, this game has people who literally have nothing else to do with their credits and that group only gets larger as time passes by. Prammo is virtually the only thingin this game that still costs significant credits beyond the actual purchase of new tanks. Without a noteworthy credit drain, people aren't inclined to spend money on premium time, premium tanks and fort knoxes.

Prammo will never go. I'm surprised they even committed verbally to a plan to adjust its effectiveness, let alone the question of whether it'll actually be implemented. It's been a significant part of the game too long and some armour profiles and hp values need to be radically modified with it so don't expect a simple solution. I mean I've always really loved my Maus but I have to admit that unless they're firing prammo, there's only a handful of tanks (and they're all high calibre TDs) that don't make me cackle maniacally as I yolo to break their campline and survive most of the time. And much as I love that, it's not a good design.

NoobySkooby #9 Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15779 battles
  • [DENK] DENK
Remove gold ammo and that is what it is and always will be known as, and just buff standard ammo to near nuke death capabilities, but we know WG won't do that, so either go gold, or go home.

Colonel_Braddock #10 Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11149 battles
If you die in the battle, its because you failed somehow. Its not the ammo. I get shot by the same ammo, but i dont care. Why not? Because its avaliable for everyone. Also free players.  Its not the ammo which destroy your game, its your playstyle.

Edited by Colonel_Braddock, 12 February 2019 - 04:47 AM.

ThinGun #11 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36728 battles
Gold ammo is known to bestow god-like abilities on players who use it.  I can fire through buildings, kill enemies that haven't been spotted, uprate my camo rating, increase my tank's speed and put 5cm on my epeen.  Sure, it needs banning.  Or not.

Jauhesammutin #12 Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22909 battles
  • [KYS] KYS

View Post_PanzerBitterbal_, on 10 February 2019 - 08:27 PM, said:

With that crap in play almost all weak spots have been removed making it almost impossible for players that do not have a big wallet to do any damage.

In contrary they get shot on all tiers with "special ammo" witch in return is creating a big backslash to player fun and thus allot of new comers leaving the game again.

When will WG for fill its promise in strongly reducing damage from "special ammo"?

As for me the only proper solution would be to simply remove "special ammo" from the game period.

My guess is that WG will see the light when its to late to stop the decline off active players. No Mather what rewards they throw into the game for attracting new players.

Disappointed players will never ask new comers to play a game they like less and less every day.

You don't need a big wallet to afford "special ammo". Premium is 10€ a month that should cover you a long way. If you spam full premium at tier 10 then you might lose credits but that's about it. During last year we had a marathons for a free tier 8 premium tank 3 times. Go play Skirmishes with your free tier 8 premium and premium time, use some clan boosters and you get couple of millions per evening. It's not that hard.

WG said they are going to rework premium ammo during this year. Not during January. Lowering the damage of premium ammo is the worst idea ever. Players need to carry even more premium shells to be able to deal with superheavies. This just increases premium spam and makes highly armored tanks more powerful.

Removing premium ammo would be the best solution, but it requires too much effort. Every tank would need to be reworked. Accuracy RNG should be removed and all the tanks should be pinpoint accurate after the initial aimingtime. All the armor models should be reworked so that there are actual weakspots for tanks -2 tiers. All the maps would need a rework to make them more open for actual flanking instead of the current corridors. This would be a different game than WoT.

martin200118 #13 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24912 battles

All tier 8 heavies with less than 218 pen have to  have +1 MM. Rng must be zero, penetration must depend only of the distance etc.

After that people will not use so much gold shells.

TankkiPoju #14 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21625 battles
Why can't I already fire 100% bonds ammo in this game, come on WG.

Objec7 #15 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12520 battles

View Post_PanzerBitterbal_, on 10 February 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

Their premium ammo nerf is not ready to release kind of stuff. It is been welcomed only by around 50% of the players and I think that their proposed changes to that ammo were stupid. They should make differences between regular and premium ammo smaller, reduce the credit costs and limit it so everyone can use it and they don't have to rework the game and fail again. Then remove p2w premium ammos like Type 5's one and other HE/HESH craps. And finally, add weakspots to some stupid tanks like Type 5. Nerfing gold ammo like they proposed would cause only more problems and it wouldn't definitely help beginners unless they drive only Type 5s and other superheavies.
12:14 Added after 2 minutes

View PostJauhesammutin, on 12 February 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

You don't need a big wallet to afford "special ammo". Premium is 10€ a month that should cover you a long way. If you spam full premium at tier 10 then you might lose credits but that's about it. During last year we had a marathons for a free tier 8 premium tank 3 times. Go play Skirmishes with your free tier 8 premium and premium time, use some clan boosters and you get couple of millions per evening. It's not that hard.

WG said they are going to rework premium ammo during this year. Not during January. Lowering the damage of premium ammo is the worst idea ever. Players need to carry even more premium shells to be able to deal with superheavies. This just increases premium spam and makes highly armored tanks more powerful.

Removing premium ammo would be the best solution, but it requires too much effort. Every tank would need to be reworked. Accuracy RNG should be removed and all the tanks should be pinpoint accurate after the initial aimingtime. All the armor models should be reworked so that there are actual weakspots for tanks -2 tiers. All the maps would need a rework to make them more open for actual flanking instead of the current corridors. This would be a different game than WoT.

I don't use premium and I can still use enough premium ammo to be competitive against Types and other superheavies. I have premium tanks but the biggest thing is to sell useless stuff and tanks and play well enough. If you can't play higher tiers well, play lower tiers, no need to use premium ammo there. And yeah, marathons and frontline, play those and you will be good.

WoT_RU_Doing #16 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51256 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
I'm withholding my view until the changes actually come in, but I fear the proposed nerf to special ammo may actually do more to destroy the game than leaving it as is. Some players complain about special ammo because between HE and Special ammo, blocking missions are hard. Well if the damage done by every special shot is halved, the ones that do bounce will contribute even less to your score. Others complain because they don't like being killed by special ammo, but much of the time when it happens, although I am irritated, when I think about it a normal shot would have killed me in the same circumstances - I should be honoured by the fact the other player wasted so many credits on me. However, sometimes you are stuck without the additional penetration, so I think removing the ammo would be wrong. Halving it's damage just means I need to fire twice the amount, which costs me double of course, and solves nothing for the target. So, like I say, I'm waiting to see how it actually gets implemented, as the associated rebalancing of armour may change things as well, but I think I'd prefer things just left as they are. The exception is the Type 4/5 Heavy ammo - it makes no sense to me that you can pay extra to get ammo that does more damage but is otherwise the same as the standard ammo.

Jauhesammutin #17 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22909 battles
  • [KYS] KYS

View PostObjec7, on 12 February 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

I don't use premium and I can still use enough premium ammo to be competitive against Types and other superheavies. I have premium tanks but the biggest thing is to sell useless stuff and tanks and play well enough. If you can't play higher tiers well, play lower tiers, no need to use premium ammo there. And yeah, marathons and frontline, play those and you will be good.

Well, OP's hit % is 43% so he probably shoots premium in the air and complains because he loses credits after the battle.

WoT_RU_Doing #18 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51256 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostJauhesammutin, on 12 February 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Well, OP's hit % is 43% so he probably shoots premium in the air and complains because he loses credits after the battle.

Hit percentage is a fairly meaningless stat in my view....I shoot pretty much every bush that might hide a tank if my ammo supply is large. It's only meaningful if you assume that every shot is aimed at a visible target, and people don't play that way.

Dr_Blackshark #19 Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12628 battles

View PostColonel_Braddock, on 12 February 2019 - 04:46 AM, said:

If you die in the battle, its because you failed somehow. Its not the ammo. I get shot by the same ammo, but i dont care. Why not? Because its avaliable for everyone. Also free players.  Its not the ammo which destroy your game, its your playstyle.

Yes, it is available for everyone....but average players without prem tanks or prem acc can't afford to shoot more than 3-4 in t8 games (less, more likely) if they don't want to lose any credit after the games. When i first got to t8 (a long while ago, i was a kinda new player) i had almost 0 clue about the game and without firing any prem ammo i lost credits after games. Imagine what would happen if i fired gold.......That's how your gold ammo is ,,available for everyone" And even though, i got better at the game, got some prem tanks and lose credit only in t10 games, i barely fire any gold, because i'd like to earn some credits......

Objec7 #20 Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12520 battles

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 12 February 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

Hit percentage is a fairly meaningless stat in my view....I shoot pretty much every bush that might hide a tank if my ammo supply is large. It's only meaningful if you assume that every shot is aimed at a visible target, and people don't play that way.

Well, I do a lot blindshots but my hitratio is still 60-80% so idk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users