Why people think its hard to hit fast moving targets?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

seXikanac #1 Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12619 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

I got more than once after battle chat from tank players I killed calling me a cheater since they were moving fast and I still managed to hit them. Is it really that hard to do that? You just need to calculate advantage and fire

https://vimeo.com/316455776

Edited by seXikanac, 11 February 2019 - 01:02 AM.

NoobySkooby #2 Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:03 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15779 battles
  • [DENK] DENK
It's hard for me to hit anything:popcorn:

seXikanac #3 Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12619 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostNoobySkooby, on 11 February 2019 - 01:03 AM, said:

It's hard for me to hit anything:popcorn:

Don't bulls**t us, you are a good player and you slack on purpose. You have high tier tanks and most premiums, well-trained crew and you know maps quite well. Why you pretend to be clueless, well it makes me clueless :D We just played together so I know what I'm talking, I mean typing :P

And one more thing, you are too agressive player :girl:

Edited by seXikanac, 11 February 2019 - 01:11 AM.

Isharial #4 Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:21 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 21498 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I think there are a few reasons, a few are related to the PC they're using. a cheap mouse and 80+ ping is probably enough to cause frustration on regular lights, let alone something going faster, and that's before you consider the tank they're using

Wg does however make battles feel even faster if im honest.. majority of tanks, even modern ones are rather lumbering things and they don't zip around like Mario kart, wheeled vehicles also have a tendency to bog down on soft terrain and get stuck, something this game is lacking. I mean, its the whole reason "tracks" came to be.. to cross broken and soft ground, wouldn't need them if wheels could do it! I know this is a game, but soft and medium terrain should really hamper the speed of them, could even buff them in other area's if such was used rather than making them suiscouts but that's for another topic I think.

I say that because now, they're harder to hit than lights and you also cant track them to hold them in place either.... its kind of just making this problem worse?

Edited by Isharial, 11 February 2019 - 01:22 AM.

NoobySkooby #5 Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:25 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15779 battles
  • [DENK] DENK

View PostseXikanac, on 11 February 2019 - 01:10 AM, said:

Don't bulls**t us, you are a good player and you slack on purpose. You have high tier tanks and most premiums, well-trained crew and you know maps quite well. Why you pretend to be clueless, well it makes me clueless :D We just played together so I know what I'm talking, I mean typing :P

And one more thing, you are too agressive player :girl:

This is true I am aggressive, and it does not matter if I have one or all the premiums, I am still not that good, you ask any forumite that has tooned with me, other will just read my stats like shamen's read tea leaves:popcorn:

seXikanac #6 Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12619 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostIsharial, on 11 February 2019 - 01:21 AM, said:

I think there are a few reasons, a few are related to the PC they're using. a cheap mouse and 80+ ping is probably enough to cause frustration on regular lights, let alone something going faster, and that's before you consider the tank they're using

Wg does however make battles feel even faster if im honest.. majority of tanks, even modern ones are rather lumbering things and they don't zip around like Mario kart, wheeled vehicles also have a tendency to bog down on soft terrain and get stuck, something this game is lacking. I mean, its the whole reason "tracks" came to be.. to cross broken and soft ground, wouldn't need them if wheels could do it! I know this is a game, but soft and medium terrain should really hamper the speed of them, could even buff them in other area's if such was used rather than making them suiscouts but that's for another topic I think.

I say that because now, they're harder to hit than lights and you also cant track them to hold them in place either.... its kind of just making this problem worse?

You have a good point, armoured cars should be slowed down on wet terrain

View PostNoobySkooby, on 11 February 2019 - 01:25 AM, said:

This is true I am aggressive, and it does not matter if I have one or all the premiums, I am still not that good, you ask any forumite that has tooned with me, other will just read my stats like shamen's read tea leaves:popcorn:

Cant fool me mate :P

ID_100 #7 Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:31 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27685 battles
  • [IMAGE] IMAGE

duijm #8 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:17 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 45834 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX

View PostseXikanac, on 11 February 2019 - 12:30 AM, said:

You have a good point, armoured cars should be slowed down on wet terrain

Cant fool me mate :P

You are both not very good players. I cant believe you hit anything driving .....because you hit almost nothing in game.

Again a topic about nothing.

Ps I see now you can show a replay.....why not finally coming with a replay to see how you do play in your amx40 or other tanks.

Edited by duijm, 11 February 2019 - 08:23 AM.

Cobra6 #9 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16424 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

It's only made hard by the fact that different guns have different shell velocities so you need to know them to lead properly.

Leading itself is not hard and hitting even the fastest vehicle reliably is not hard either.

Cobra 6

duijm #10 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:27 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 45834 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX

View PostNoobySkooby, on 11 February 2019 - 12:25 AM, said:

you are hardly an agressive player.  Why do you think you are?

Shacou #11 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21237 battles
  • [TBOA] TBOA
How did you land that shot?
99% of wot community:

Celution #12 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:57 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 26961 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA

There are a bunch of reasons for this:

• People tend to have very high mouse sensitivity in both arcade and sniper mode. Too high sensitivity makes it difficult to make micro adjustments to your mouse, which in turn makes it more difficult to align yourself to the movement of the target you aim at.
  • People rush their shots. Even when fully aimed it sometimes is worth to wait the extra seconds for the scout to align to your barrel, or wait until it starts to initiate a turn; thus losing speed and increases the predictability. If it is likely you will only have the opportunity to hit one shell, your DPM or reload time are nullified and you have to make that single shell count.
  • Complimenting to the above statement is the fact that many fail to read the target they are aiming at. Many light tank drivers are rather predictable and tend to make the exact same circle over and over again. If you identify this, you can prepare your next shell for it.
  • People don't understand the importance of shell velocity and how to lead properly in general.

Edited by Celution, 11 February 2019 - 09:01 AM.

jack_timber #13 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:03 AM

Major

• Player
  • 35853 battles

Funny or what managed to hit one of them wheeled tanks other night in Bert, why do folks in speedy tanks go in a straight line?

Lucky or what!

250swb #14 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:28 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23165 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Fast moving vehicles have always been an aim (joke) for Wagaming because to hit one you need maximum shell velocity, and for maximum shell velocity the ammo of choice is APCR, and Wargaming the good fellows they are (another joke) allow you to buy APCR very conveniently but for a premium price. So if you have no luck, or skill, or a cheat, load APCR to hit the fast moving armoured car, you know it makes sense.

Shacou #15 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21237 battles
  • [TBOA] TBOA

View Post250swb, on 11 February 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

Fast moving vehicles have always been an aim (joke) for Wagaming because to hit one you need maximum shell velocity, and for maximum shell velocity the ammo of choice is APCR, and Wargaming the good fellows they are (another joke) allow you to buy APCR very conveniently but for a premium price. So if you have no luck, or skill, or a cheat, load APCR to hit the fast moving armoured car, you know it makes sense.

You have a point, players who care about their performance tend to invest into APCR to land/lead shots more easilly. But there are also many tanks which have APCR as standard round, Standard B for example.

Tom_Deekanarry #16 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9307 battles
Turret rotation speed plays a part, try tracking one of the wheelies or lights with a Hellcat at close range!

VeryRisky #17 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:41 AM

General

• Player
  • 18304 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Pehaps it takes a while to get you eye in, but with a T6 wheelie and an ELC tank to shoot at from range with the T40, I can't say one was much harder than the other.   

Jigabachi #18 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It's really simple. You get those messages because people can be really dumb.
You also get those messages when you hit weakspots (aimbot) and even when you shoot them from behind and set them on fire (haxx).

It's mostly your kind of player who sends those messages, but I also got a few from over average players and even unicums.

Sirebellus #19 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20780 battles

There are times when I have fired a 'hail mary' snapshot in the general direction of a speeding tank and it seems that the gods have decided that I am going to hit the LT and the shell doesn't even go in the direction I was pointing but goes straight to where the LT is and destroys it (more obvious in Arty top down mode when you can see that the shell doesn't go where you were pointing)

However rather than divine intervention I put this down to RNG, luck and server lag...

DracheimFlug #20 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9748 battles

View PostseXikanac, on 11 February 2019 - 01:01 AM, said:

I got more than once after battle chat from tank players I killed calling me a cheater since they were moving fast and I still managed to hit them. Is it really that hard to do that? You just need to calculate advantage and fire

https://vimeo.com/316455776

When the target is literally in the open, yes, but when the target is moving fast half covered by a ridge? Not saying that it is impossible nor accusing anyone of anything. But at some point there are actual skill and reflexes involved. Not everyone is capable of becoming a top sniper in real life, simply because some are capable of such.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users