Jump to content


If you played Frontline help a homie out

Frontline Tips

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Buff_is3 #1 Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:50 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 457 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

A) I will be checking for first time the Frontline mode for grinding some tank lines there and the nice rewards. What is the best equipment to use for that mode? Do you go rammer, vents, vert stab because damage is damage or do you try to maximize spotting damage via optics/binos/vents for the assistance damage? Because time is a limited resource I want to be as effective as possible with tank grinding and climbing on prestige (I don't care about credits). Is spotting damage strong on Frontline to justify even optics + binos + vents or does the fight take part in a limited area and basically everyone spots for himself?

 

B) Food or fire extinguisher (again credits is not an issue)? Of course food means better performance, but how likely are you to be set on fire? Especially with all the air strikes available I am not sure what is optimal.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:56 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31237 battles
  • 3,049
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Same rules apply as what you'd use in randoms. Attacking/defending points gets good points tho I believe, at least last time anyway. Much better than spotting/sniping.

Tufty_Neptune2 #3 Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:12 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 271 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    01-28-2019

Food

 

Optics are very important (Its one large map, seriously)

 

Skills: Recon and Sixth sense.

 

Bottom line: Vision matters



undutchable80 #4 Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:50 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 9383 battles
  • 2,483
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

And reduce your premium ammo by (at least) half. Map is big enough you can either flank and get side shots in, or just relocate away from strong frontal armor and look for softer targets to shoot at.

Second tip: remove one crew member from those tier 8 tanks you dont want to play. That way it wont show up in your Frontline caroussel. Saves you scrolling through X amount of tanks to find the one you want to play after you die. 



Mav75 #5 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:37 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31616 battles
  • 1,612
  • Member since:
    10-04-2013

Vision and mobility are the keys. Use the standard rammer, vstab and optics/vents. Drop out gold ammo.

Food can be used, I didn’t last time and will not use this time either.

 

Don’t think I used heavy tanks (except AMX 50 100) that much, playing mostly mediums (FV4202, T-44-100, Lorr 40t).

 



__Eric__ #6 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:40 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31593 battles
  • 763
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-15-2013

View Postundutchable80, on 11 February 2019 - 05:50 AM, said:

And reduce your premium ammo by (at least) half. Map is big enough you can either flank and get side shots in, or just relocate away from strong frontal armor and look for softer targets to shoot at.

Second tip: remove one crew member from those tier 8 tanks you dont want to play. That way it wont show up in your Frontline caroussel. Saves you scrolling through X amount of tanks to find the one you want to play after you die. 

 

Dingers don't die!! :izmena:

 

 

We are temporarily not available ;)

 



Le_Norris #7 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:50 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18454 battles
  • 568
  • [S2O] S2O
  • Member since:
    07-22-2011

View Postundutchable80, on 11 February 2019 - 06:50 AM, said:

And reduce your premium ammo by (at least) half. Map is big enough you can either flank and get side shots in, or just relocate away from strong frontal armor and look for softer targets to shoot at.

Second tip: remove one crew member from those tier 8 tanks you dont want to play. That way it wont show up in your Frontline caroussel. Saves you scrolling through X amount of tanks to find the one you want to play after you die. 

 

Cheers mate, haven't thought of that one.

qpranger #8 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:22 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 34892 battles
  • 5,516
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

Vents, OP, really?

How does one put vents on GW Tiger P ???



Buff_is3 #9 Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:00 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 457 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

Thanks for the tips so far everybody, but why everyone suggests to drop out gold ammo? Why waste time flanking when you can just press 2 and pen frontally? I think I will only spam gold since I have more than enough credits.

Btw can you also play Frontline in platoon?


Edited by Buff_is3, 11 February 2019 - 12:01 PM.


Rati_Festa #10 Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:12 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 45721 battles
  • 1,876
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

View Postqpranger, on 11 February 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

Vents, OP, really?

How does one put vents on GW Tiger P ???

 

​If I see you, I plan on putting 2 holes in the side of your arty. You can peer out of them and pretend you have optics :) if your not dead :)

Leepants #11 Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:07 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18890 battles
  • 1,520
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP
  • Member since:
    07-16-2012
I also echo that vision is key, so therefore camo is as well to reduce enemy view advantage.

Seems medium tenkz are VERY popular (presumably so can run away fast when the point is taken) and TDs. Not too many heavies so far this morning. Presumably cos view range.
 

Mav75 #12 Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:00 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31616 battles
  • 1,612
  • Member since:
    10-04-2013

View PostBuff_is3, on 11 February 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

Thanks for the tips so far everybody, but why everyone suggests to drop out gold ammo? Why waste time flanking when you can just press 2 and pen frontally? I think I will only spam gold since I have more than enough credits.

Btw can you also play Frontline in platoon?

 

Gold spam gets real expensive real quick as you are expending a lot more rounds than in randoms.

And yes, you can play it in platoons.



ilmavarvas #13 Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16954 battles
  • 525
  • [GURKO] GURKO
  • Member since:
    01-08-2014

View PostLeepants, on 11 February 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

I also echo that vision is key, so therefore camo is as well to reduce enemy view advantage.

Seems medium tenkz are VERY popular (presumably so can run away fast when the point is taken) and TDs. Not too many heavies so far this morning. Presumably cos view range.
 

 

Mobility is what kills the heavies in FL most of the time, you just aren't flexible enough in fast-changing enviroment & big map. I only use heavies when it's time to destroy or defend targets, as the gaming area is small and you actually can make use of your armor, before last area you get flanked so easily in heavy.

Dorander #14 Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:22 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 18688 battles
  • 3,647
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostRati_Festa, on 11 February 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

 

​If I see you, I plan on putting 2 holes in the side of your arty. You can peer out of them and pretend you have optics :) if your not dead :)

 

and if you put the holes on opposite sites, you have vents :teethhappy:
15:23 Added after 1 minute

View Postilmavarvas, on 11 February 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

 

Mobility is what kills the heavies in FL most of the time, you just aren't flexible enough in fast-changing enviroment & big map. I only use heavies when it's time to destroy or defend targets, as the gaming area is small and you actually can make use of your armor, before last area you get flanked so easily in heavy.

 

I find heavies to be pretty useful at the start of the game to be honest, when everyone's still pretty much cramped in the first three squares. They're good for defense generally anyway, for offense it depends, you can use them as linebreakers if you have a tough time advancing a flank but if you have a fast advancing front you'll get left behind.





Also tagged with Frontline, Tips

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users