AMD 178B - Why does this exist?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

breeeze #1 Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35671 battles
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE

AMD 178B, the introduction to wheeled... ...by combining the bad things of wheeled tanks with the bad things of lights, good job WG. 

Please remind me what the point of this tank is. Atrocious gun, even for a t6 light, average mobility with a huge side profile, an absymal turning radius at low speed and view range so bad its pointless to even attempt spotting half the time.

shogun_PL #2 Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45002 battles
  • [W0RMS] W0RMS

U should rather ask: "Why does the whole line exist?" :-D

I've already had 5 games (with XTE over 75% of other players) and 0 wins. Even if u play well and try to overcome all drawbacks of this vehicle (i.e. everything it offers) u just can't tilt the scales of victory because this 4-wheeled something doesn't have even one strong point. I give it 2 weeks, maybe a month, and when ppl learn how bad it is they will quit playing it immediately. Actually, I already see fewer of them on the battlefield.

MeetriX #3 Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 22838 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

Because of this!

http://forum.worldof...d-vehicles-wot/

I could not find official statement, but WG is not going to add wheeled vehicles in game ever.

Edited by MeetriX, 11 February 2019 - 04:24 PM.

Gremlin182 #4 Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:49 PM

General

• Player
  • 55369 battles

They are not perfect by any means and there are some real problems that hopefully will be fixed but so far I like them.

Steering at low speeds is a real problem there is a lack of control a tank can easily follow the path above the lake on laketown or the very tricky path on Province that leads up to a castle of some sort.

If you press A or D it not only turns the wheels it moves you forward, been in a few positions that any tank could easily get out of but in the wheeled vehicle you have to go forward back forward back several times.

It may be true that Wheeled vehicles can keep moving if they get one of more wheels damaged but the problem is you really slow down and steering gets much worse so you still need to quickly use a repair kit or the followup shot will nail you.

Wheels seem more vulnerable than tracks too, My experience with the tier 6 7 and 8 wheeled A/Cs is that you usually lose crew members when hit as well as wheels.

They are great on some maps terrible on others, I thought sands river would be ideal but those dunes are a pain at high speed which makes dodging enemy fire tricky.

Pleased they added them as we can fill out some of the smaller nations that made their own armoured cars but tended to buy tanks from other nations.

They could do with a little better view range because teams expect you to scout because you are a "Light tank"

I'm at tier 8 and my default view range is 310 that's worse than every tier 8 tank except for SPGs

Worst view range on a tier 8 tracked light is 380 for Mediums its 370 Heavies 350 TDs 350

Edited by Gremlin182, 11 February 2019 - 06:15 PM.

shogun_PL #5 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:48 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45002 battles
  • [W0RMS] W0RMS

18 games, XTE better than 97% players, dmg ratio 1,8, destruction ratio 3,2, winrate... 38%

:teethhappy::D:teethhappy::D:harp::child:

Kothaar #6 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 62283 battles
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR
I believe they added armored cars as a gimmick for lack of any other ideas. For years already they have been adding fantasy tanks into the game because there are no more real world tanks to add.

Compared to a light tank of same tier: armored car cannot turn on spot, has weaker gun, has laughable view range. It is marginally faster than light tanks, but there are already very fast light tanks in the game.

If you want to actually achieve something in these things, you must play as part of a platoon. Over 90 % of players do not, so it is a gimmick for players who for some reason want to torture themselves.

I am playing them because I want to research every tank in the game. I am not particularly enjoying the AMD 178B.

And yes, for some weird reason these things loose almost every battle. Could it be that they are so weak that the MM cannot cope with them?

Edited by Kothaar, 13 February 2019 - 09:25 AM.

baribal_80 #7 Posted 27 February 2019 - 04:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24604 battles
  • [OHFR] OHFR
It's very bad for late game carries but overall since t6 is easy to play it's still fairly workable 

Codis172 #8 Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33813 battles
I really like this vehicle, fun to drive, great gun and aimtime. Early in the game taking out the enemy scouts with HE is awesome. The He shell is very underrated. I drive round constantly taking pop shots out of nowhere. When the game opens up you have so much space on the map to manoeuvre. Fun vehicle. I will probably trade camo net for vents or so, I have a bad 1 skill crew so... Many players probably underestimate this vehicle, it's agile except when you stand still almost. read the map and don' t take too many risks.

Oldewolfe #9 Posted 03 March 2019 - 07:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 521 battles

They added them because after the 100th Anniversary of WWI, people ASKED for them....     Now they're Here, and you all are Bellyaching over it....     Get Over it and Move On, like the Artillery, they're here to Stay....

I didn't get to do the Anniversary thing when they did the Lancasters I believe they were....      These are not too Bad, they're just a Handful to Drive...      Right now the YOLOing makes them easy to deal with, it's once folkes get a Handle on them you'll need to watch out, this is the Weeding Out Phase....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users