Jump to content


Spotter Badge


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

_PanzerBitterbal_ #1 Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10076 battles
  • 126
  • [1-DAB] 1-DAB
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

I have a few problems on the spotter badge that cannot be explaned by the rules arround it.

 

Awarded for spotting enemy vehicles, allowing allies to cause 1,000 damage in a single, victorious battleThe series is extended for every 1,000 damage caused by allies to enemies spotted by you in one battle. Every vehicle has its own series. The number displayed indicates the longest streak earned.

 

Ok, having to spot vehicles is the base for that badge witch sounds to reason but also causes the conflict I have.

Al;so you need to have your allies cause 1000 damage witch is not so straight forward as it sounds. Specially cause it says in a single, victorious battle.

That is the one that bugs me out.

Today I did 11 spots, nice you would think, but my team was unable to create 1000 damage. Bad luck you would say.

But then what about this part? The series is extended for every 1,000 damage caused by allies to enemies spotted by you in one battle??

Can you receive more then 1 badge in a single battle??

 

Then how about you drive around in your heavy tank at the bottom off 3 tiers and receive out of the blue a spotter badge where your scoreboard does not show a single spot?

And that happened to me more then ones.

 

I think that specific reward is bugged as hell. It looks like its only looking at the player and not the tank you got the spots on.


Edited by _PanzerBitterbal_, 11 February 2019 - 03:17 PM.


Balc0ra #2 Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:26 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 68698 battles
  • 18,101
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
 

 

View Post_PanzerBitterbal_, on 11 February 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

But then what about this part? The series is extended for every 1,000 damage caused by allies to enemies spotted by you in one battle??

Can you receive more then 1 badge in a single battle??

 

"The series is extended" is basically you get a multiplier on it for each 1K you spot. Track assist is not counted on it. So if you get 8K pure spot assist. You get an 8 on the badge after the battle. To indicate on your service record that 8K is your all-time high on that tank. My AMX 13 90 has 13. Indicating he had one game with 13K pure spotting assist one time. As in it only shows the max for one battle. The highest streak. Not how many you have in total across all battles. But it still shown after each game to show your current streak.

 

View Post_PanzerBitterbal_, on 11 February 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

Then how about you drive around in your heavy tank at the bottom off 3 tiers and receive out of the blue a spotter badge where your scoreboard does not show a single spot?

And that happened to me more then ones

 

It doesn't count spots, only assists on targets spotted by you, even if you share it with a light that got the initial spot. Spots points are only rewarded for the first spot on that target. So if you spot him again later, you won't get a 1+ on your spot. So you can still have 1K assist for the badge with 0 spots.

 

 


Edited by Balc0ra, 11 February 2019 - 03:30 PM.


SuedKAT #3 Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:27 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,223
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

Here is one of my LT's:

 

I've won the spotter ribbon a lot more than 5 times, however what's shown is the longest series of matches or times that I fulfilled the requirements to win it, in this case 5 times.


Edited by SuedKAT, 11 February 2019 - 03:28 PM.


_PanzerBitterbal_ #4 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:21 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10076 battles
  • 126
  • [1-DAB] 1-DAB
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 February 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:


It doesn't count spots, only assists on targets spotted by you, even if you share it with a light that got the initial spot. Spots points are only rewarded for the first spot on that target. So if you spot him again later, you won't get a 1+ on your spot. So you can still have 1K assist for the badge with 0 spots.

 

 

 

My second point was that I receive spotter badges on my heavys without spotting shown in the overview.

Every tank you spot first gets marked in the overview and is the only one that counts for the 1k.

 

So can you explain why I get spotter badges on my heavy without spots noted in the overview? I cannot.



Balc0ra #5 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:14 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 68698 battles
  • 18,101
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Post_PanzerBitterbal_, on 11 February 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

 

My second point was that I receive spotter badges on my heavys without spotting shown in the overview.

Every tank you spot first gets marked in the overview and is the only one that counts for the 1k.

 

So can you explain why I get spotter badges on my heavy without spots noted in the overview? I cannot.

 

Well then.... care to show a screen of the results of such a battle? I've never seen it rewarded for nothing tbh, even on my HT's. Tho I've gotten it with zero assists shown during battle. As even after the target disappears, there is still a small window to get assist on damage done after it goes away. So in theory, you can get it with zero assists shown during the battle. 



gpalsson #6 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:18 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23647 battles
  • 8,637
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-13-2013

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 February 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

 

 

 

"The series is extended" is basically you get a multiplier on it for each 1K you spot. Track assist is not counted on it. So if you get 8K pure spot assist. You get an 8 on the badge after the battle. To indicate on your service record that 8K is your all-time high on that tank. My AMX 13 90 has 13. Indicating he had one game with 13K pure spotting assist one time. As in it only shows the max for one battle. The highest streak. Not how many you have in total across all battles. But it still shown after each game to show your current streak.

 

 

It doesn't count spots, only assists on targets spotted by you, even if you share it with a light that got the initial spot. Spots points are only rewarded for the first spot on that target. So if you spot him again later, you won't get a 1+ on your spot. So you can still have 1K assist for the badge with 0 spots.

 

 

 

Lol that's an extremely convoluted way of explaining the badge then.

edit; by WG i mean


Edited by gpalsson, 11 February 2019 - 08:18 PM.


SuedKAT #7 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:30 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,223
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View Postgpalsson, on 11 February 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

 

Lol that's an extremely convoluted way of explaining the badge then.

edit; by WG i mean

 

That's the trademarked WG way, just looks at the personal mission descriptions that even till this day confuse people enough that they come here asking why they didn't complete a mission.

Jauhesammutin #8 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:46 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22910 battles
  • 119
  • [KYS] KYS
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View Post_PanzerBitterbal_, on 11 February 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

 

My second point was that I receive spotter badges on my heavys without spotting shown in the overview.

Every tank you spot first gets marked in the overview and is the only one that counts for the 1k.

 

So can you explain why I get spotter badges on my heavy without spots noted in the overview? I cannot.

 

No, you don't need the initial spot. You just need to get 1000hp of spotting assist. It's easier to just post a replay instead of trying to figure it out while talking about wrong terms. 



azakow #9 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:57 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 79099 battles
  • 4,937
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 February 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

"The series is extended" is basically you get a multiplier on it for each 1K you spot. Track assist is not counted on it. So if you get 8K pure spot assist. You get an 8 on the badge after the battle. To indicate on your service record that 8K is your all-time high on that tank. My AMX 13 90 has 13. Indicating he had one game with 13K pure spotting assist one time. As in it only shows the max for one battle. The highest streak. Not how many you have in total across all battles. But it still shown after each game to show your current streak.

 

Oops!

Your AMX has provided at least 1k assist AND you have won AND it happend 13 times in a row.

Congrats!

:honoring:

My top value on this is 11 on T-100 LT.

 

Here is how it goes:

Assuming you have never ever spotted 1k assist on a given vehicle.

Assuming you will be using this vehicle for all consecutive matches.

 

You press "go battle".

You complete the match and

  • provide 1k assist and win -> counter +1 -> Badge counter shows 1
  • provide 1k assist and win -> counter +1 -> Badge counter shows 2
  • provide 700 assist. -> counter 0, Badge counter shows 2
  • provide 1k assist and win -> counter +1, Badge counter shows 2
  • loose  -> counter 0, Badge shows 2
  • provide 1k assist and win -> counter +1, Badge counter shows 2
  • ...

 

The bagde shows the consecutive times in which you have meet it's conditions. Which are:

  • 1k assist
  • winning

So if you see someones service record with a counter of 13 this person has had at least 13 wins and provided at least 1k assist in each of these matches in a row.

 

It is like Sharp Shooter badge, but different condition.


Edited by azakow, 12 February 2019 - 12:42 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users