Wheeled vehicles.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

EldritchRogue #1 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4704 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-

Wheeled vehicles are THE best thing to come to World of Tanks in the past 2 years and its simply awesome.

First of all, i didn't play wheeled vehicles but i will most likely use Frontline to free-xp it to tier 8. I did play against quite a few tho.

Surprisingly, despite all the people randomly complaining, wheeled vehicles are ACTUALLY balanced. WG somehow found a good formula for adding such fast vehicles while at the same time making them hard to play, thus rendering them actually balanced (as balanced as WG can do, lets not exaggerate).

Now, i won't repeat all the pros and cons that have been going in the forum, i want you all to consider this:

Wheeled vehicles are a competent FRESH new addition for VETERAN players. And i'm confident WG did it so intentionally. Most people complain about them, but common, WG players complain about EVERYTHING, specially here in EU servers (me included). But lets be honest, this is a beautiful gift WG did for the players that wanted something fresh ... and for that, i applaud WG.

Let me know if you agree/disagree, but please don't just roll in here and type how they are OVERPOWERED and all that, because they are not, so if you are one of the ppl who fail to realize the challenges that come with Wheeled vehicles, save yourself some time and go have some tea and a lovely FL game.

Best regards,

EldritchRogue

Edited by EldritchRogue, 11 February 2019 - 07:46 PM.

snowlywhite #2 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20381 battles

if they'll buff them, maybe; in their current state... sorry, but *uckin' for 700k xp or whatever's the cost only to reach a vehicle that is actually competitive ain't my idea of fun.

Any line has their turds in it; fine, it's in the business model. However, if they're all bar one turds... thanks, but no thanks.

farko1 #3 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36013 battles

View Postsnowlywhite, on 11 February 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

if they'll buff them, maybe; in their current state... sorry, but *uckin' for 700k xp or whatever's the cost only to reach a vehicle that is actually competitive ain't my idea of fun.

Any line has their turds in it; fine, it's in the business model. However, if they're all bar one turds... thanks, but no thanks.

Same thinking. They need at least some buff. İm trying to grind them but its too slow ...

FluffyRedFox #4 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:11 PM

General

• Player
  • 24794 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
I love the idea of them, but feel they were poorly implemented. Hopefully they'll become worth playing if they ever get buffed, but seeing as the tier X lights are still in their poor state, I kinda doubt it.

barison1 #5 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41665 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

not a single module is being shared so the grind will be real long for people not wanting to spend free xp, the biggest downside of this, and the modules are not cheap either(meanwhile 430 grind. oh wait thats russian kappa)

they need some buffs

gunslingerXXX #6 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12172 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Postbarison1, on 11 February 2019 - 08:27 PM, said:

not a single module is being shared so the grind will be real long for people not wanting to spend free xp, the biggest downside of this, and the modules are not cheap either(meanwhile 430 grind. oh wait thats russian kappa)

they need some buffs

The number of modules is just stupid imo... a nice free xp sink line. I have limited time and just want to play a game I enjoy, not some stupid never ending stock grind. I have sufficient free xp to get the modules for the tier 6 and 7, after that I'm screwed. However I was still looking forward to play it, then the line got nerfed. Even fully upgraded they suck...

I figured I would just buy the premium and play that. Why bother grinding a bad line??? Then WG decided not to sell it, possibly making a marathon for which I also have no time. Nice way to squeeze some bucks from the players that can game several hours a day, that will buy it for cheap and don't play it.

TL/DR: I was looking forward to the wheeled vehicles, tested and loved the EBR 75. Then WG screwed me over. 

Balc0ra #7 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70169 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostFluffyRedFox, on 11 February 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

I love the idea of them, but feel they were poorly implemented. Hopefully they'll become worth playing if they ever get buffed, but seeing as the tier X lights are still in their poor state, I kinda doubt it.

This, tier 6 is a prime example of it. It's not that much faster then most tracked tier 6/7 lights. It's not always there first. And it's blind as a bat.

We see a flood of topics saying they are the worst to happen to WOT. And 90% of them has not played them, just missed on a few of them going fast. Grind the tier 6 and then get back to me. As I suspect many did stop the grind there seeing how useless it is. 

EldritchRogue #8 Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4704 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-

To the people complaining about the exp it takes to reach tier X. 

EBR 105 = 765.155

AMX 13 105 = 766.515

WZ 132-1 = 765.155

Rhm. Pzw. = 777.025

Sheridan = 754.645

T-100-LT = 739.035

sady3296 #9 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:11 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 56592 battles

If they would fix the low speed mobility i would love playing these things. Turning like a 18 wheeled truck is so annoying even with that higher mobility mode.... and when you just press a or d and the thing actually goes forward and turns is so [edited]retarded.

Still playing lynx 6x6 in frontline is the most fun ive have with this game.

azakow #10 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:30 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79357 battles

I remember when FR LT were first introduced. Back then in 2012 it was the same out rage "... auto loaders are killing the game ...".

A fresh addition for seasoned players?

Indeed!

I am latterly overwhelmed by the freshness.

Being an masochistic LTing fan, I am used to put the pedal to the metal when moving, W, S, A, S keys.

This scheme is hard coded burned into the mind of any of my LT Drivers.

Using SPACE-key is an rare option for me.

I rather like precise controls, some kind of predictable as well as controllable behavior, i.e. a T-54 LW with BIA, CB, OR and food is to responsive and hard to control for me.

Now with WV I have the feeling, that there is much more to W, S, A, S keys. Especially the W-key is not just ON and OFF like with other LT. I know a no brainer.

As if this is not enough, the behavior depends on the drive mode (regular and rapid).

Drive mode switching introduces the X-key.

Moreover the S-key comes in very handy.

So here I am challenging my keyboard skills (learning 10 completely new keys (AWSDX) depending on direction of movement) falling back to regular LTing emergency procedures every time it becomes tight, making it even worse.

As if this was not enough overall battlefield behavior is very different, which again requires reprogramming as well.

I am thankful the Gunner has received the Lock On mode.

My current mantra is: I'll manage, I'll mange, I'll manage, ...

:playing:

Edited by azakow, 12 February 2019 - 03:39 PM.

Oldewolfe #11 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:50 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 521 battles

What I find funny is how many after the 100th Anniversary of WWI WANTED the Armored Cars, suddenly Don't....

I'm liking them, mostly because they're a Pain to Drive and are making me have to Think even More about How and What I do....    I'm at the Lynx, I COULD have Free XP'd to the Tier 9, but I did a little Faux Grinding and just Unlocked the Lynx for Frontline....     I haven't Topped Out either the Tier 7 or the 8, just Grinding thru for the most part, but I DID Top Motor and Suspension on the Lynx because Frontline is the last place to Gimp any Vehicle....     Randoms is one thing, but not this.....   

Tier 6 is the only one I expressly started Topped Out, I had tried it on the Test Server Stock and it wasn't Pleasant at all.....      I'll even Faux Grind the Tier 9 as well, I want to see how they Perform as a Whole, not just as a Topped Out Vehicle....      I'm looking forward to the EBR 75 when they finally set it Loose since it'll be Different from the Rest in it's 2 Shot Autoloader.....

FluffyRedFox #12 Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:17 PM

General

• Player
  • 24794 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

View PostEldritchRogue, on 11 February 2019 - 11:59 PM, said:

To the people complaining about the exp it takes to reach tier X. 

You've missed the point.

The tier 6, 7 and 8 for instance all have 3 guns. A stock gun, a middle gun and the top gun. The middle and top guns are all unique and cannot be unlocked on the tanks before, so you have to grind the middle gun, and then grind the top gun. Its a lot like the Polish line in that you're more pushed into converting more free xp.

Cobra6 #13 Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16467 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postazakow, on 12 February 2019 - 07:30 AM, said:

falling back to regular LTing emergency procedures every time it becomes tight, making it even worse.

As if this was not enough overall battlefield behavior is very different, which again requires reprogramming as well.

Pretty much this, that minimum turning radius really isn't helping me much.... :D

Cobra 6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users