Mobile Bunker: the Chrysler K

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Shacou #21 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21516 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Constantly getting offers in game to buy Skorpion G, Lt432, Chrysler, and other tanks that shouldnt be sold anymore.

eekeeboo #22 Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:19 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46437 battles

View Post_b_, on 12 February 2019 - 08:34 AM, said:

Logs into game and opens notifications, then techtree ...and again not able to buy anything for gold bought with money ..so again... #walletclosed.

Just what is the point of gold and stuff like xmas lootboxes if we can't spend it? ...one or the other WG ... not both!

So until I've either spent my gold...or next xmas if calendar again lets us get vehicles in-game with gold... I'll hold on to my money and spend it elsewhere :coin:

You have options to spend it throughout the game too, including xp conversion and camo! 

View PostDSP37, on 12 February 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

Who would buy this? It will only fight T10 all the time and won't be able to penetrate anything.

It fights other tiers too and is in time to highlight the playing in Frontlines where you will see tier 8. 

View PostCro006, on 12 February 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

Well, Skill made an video saying this tank has OP armor for frontlines (and he did say that it's shlt in randoms) so there you go.

It's just as when QB wanted to gift Progetto to one player and day after that Progetto got on sale.

WG's employees watch their streams and YT videos ;)

I watch a lot of streams and videos and keep an eye on a lot of areas, but these offers are made a long time in advance ;) 

kisli #23 Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36308 battles
  • [HOOP] HOOP

This tank has 198 pen and normal MM.

It was intended to shoot gold and to be shot gold at.

Don't fall for such cheap tricks.

Tilly042 #24 Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32055 battles
  • [29AR] 29AR

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 12 February 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

"Free" as in for exchange of your time. "Free" as in you being the product. Not really being in the mood for a discussion in what constitutes as "free", but I think that the statement "I can't think of any other firm that gives away so much for free" sounds rather bonkers. To me, that is. I mean they are not exactly a charity. Not that charities are charities either. They just give away other's stuff for free. But you know. Meh.  

Can't be bothered with a discussion and yet here you are. I have plenty of free stuff in my garage.  Boosters, premium tanks, consumables, etc.  I play anyway so these things just appear after certain missions so yes, they are free.

Cobra6 #25 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16474 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Posteekeeboo, on 12 February 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

You have options to spend it throughout the game too, including xp conversion and camo! 

Yes and no though, for those of us that have been around for a long time and unlocked most the tanks they want to unlock, the only thing to spend gold on is premium accounts and crew retraining/equipment demounting.

I currently have 52K gold due to the Christmas loot boxes and literally nothing to spend it on as the only premium tanks I don't already have and want to have are not available in the game.

Therefore it would be beneficial to WG to make sure that any offer they make for the premium shop, they also make available for in game gold. Much like Armored Warfare got instantly right, in that game you can choose, even on the website, to pay for the offers either with money or in game gold.

Cobra 6

eekeeboo #26 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:11 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46437 battles

View PostCobra6, on 12 February 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

Yes and no though, for those of us that have been around for a long time and unlocked most the tanks they want to unlock, the only thing to spend gold on is premium accounts and crew retraining/equipment demounting.

I currently have 52K gold due to the Christmas loot boxes and literally nothing to spend it on as the only premium tanks I don't already have and want to have are not available in the game.

Therefore it would be beneficial to WG to make sure that any offer they make for the premium shop, they also make available for in game gold. Much like Armored Warfare got instantly right, in that game you can choose, even on the website, to pay for the offers either with money or in game gold.

Cobra 6

This has been suggested and tanks are rotated, but it's also good to note that AW didn't have systems in place where people could earn a lot of gold at the same time. 

HeatBouncer #27 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39852 battles
  • [EST-D] EST-D

View Posteekeeboo, on 12 February 2019 - 02:11 PM, said:

where people could earn a lot of gold at the same time. 

Technically 'buy' gold not earn.

eekeeboo #28 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:34 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46437 battles

View PostHeatBouncer, on 12 February 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

Technically 'buy' gold not earn.

Clanwars is a particular reference for one instance. 

xXK4L1NXx #29 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31269 battles
  • [B--R] B--R
You do realise that most of that gold goes out to the 'privileged' unicorns and the occasional aimbot mod user, right? A system where people could earn a certain amount of gold based on a skill that couldn't be reliably reproduced by any mod and also available to no-clan players would seem fair, but this...this is just another one of WG's schemes wrapped neatly in some freebie gift paper

CyberRage #30 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2124 battles
  • [ANCAT] ANCAT

View PostDSP37, on 12 February 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

Who would buy this? It will only fight T10 all the time and won't be able to penetrate anything.

Gullible people that need something for frontline and have no idea how bad this thing is, although still not as bad as premiums from the ingame shop for gold.

Actual good / borderline OP premium tanks like Type 59 and Defender are only sold through gambling.

13:55 Added after 0 minutes

View Posteekeeboo, on 12 February 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

Clanwars is a particular reference for one instance. 

Why should paying customers be penalized because you are giving away masses of gold for free to 0.1% of the player base?

Cobra6 #31 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16474 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Posteekeeboo, on 12 February 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

This has been suggested and tanks are rotated, but it's also good to note that AW didn't have systems in place where people could earn a lot of gold at the same time. 

Why should we as paying customers however pay for the mistake Wargaming made (shooting themselves in the foot) by making gold earn-able in CW's?

Additionally, if people earn gold in CW's and invest a ton of time, why should they not be able to spend this gold on offers in the premium shop/premium tanks not available in the ingame-shop? 

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 12 February 2019 - 03:15 PM.

eekeeboo #32 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:52 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46437 battles

View PostxXK4L1NXx, on 12 February 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

You do realise that most of that gold goes out to the 'privileged' unicorns and the occasional aimbot mod user, right? A system where people could earn a certain amount of gold based on a skill that couldn't be reliably reproduced by any mod and also available to no-clan players would seem fair, but this...this is just another one of WG's schemes wrapped neatly in some freebie gift paper

There is a lot of gold to higher level players, but at the same time, these people also tend to be the ones who spend an absolutely monstrous amount of credits in every battle. But there's also a fair bit of gold given out over time to other clans and players. 

View PostCyberRage, on 12 February 2019 - 01:54 PM, said:

Gullible people that need something for frontline and have no idea how bad this thing is, although still not as bad as premiums from the ingame shop for gold.

Actual good / borderline OP premium tanks like Type 59 and Defender are only sold through gambling.

13:55 Added after 0 minutes

Why should paying customers be penalized because you are giving away masses of gold for free to 0.1% of the player base?

The people who play in Frontlines are also paying customers. It is ill-advised to put your premium and items you sell for "real money" into a store people can buy from by using in-game play time. You need to ensure you keep content exclusive to the store or people stop visiting or going to your store. 

View PostCobra6, on 12 February 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

Why should we as paying customers however pay for the mistake Wargaming made (shooting themselves in the foot) by making gold earn-able in CW's?

Additionally, if people earn gold in CW's and invest a ton of time, why should they not be able to spend this gold on offers in the premium shop/premium tanks not available in the ingame-shop? 

Cobra 6

Gold isn't only available in CW, it's available throughout in various amounts through events and contests and occasionally codes. In the same way, people earn full premium tanks potentially for free or at a discount. As highlighted above, there has to be a stage in which you don't put everything you have into a store people can buy from by not putting real money in, or people stop going to the store for real money. Those people who earn the gold in CW tend to spend it far more liberally on the systems currently in the game. 

Edited by eekeeboo, 12 February 2019 - 03:52 PM.

Geno1isme #33 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 46271 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Posteekeeboo, on 12 February 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

That's a funny statement. Back in 2014 when one could actually earn gold in CW somewhat reliably most premium tanks were actually available permanently for gold. Notable exceptions were preorder tanks and Type 59, but those weren't available for cash either. Just a handful of tanks were time-limited cash-only offers.

Apparently around that time you realized that you were giving out too much gold "for free". As a result gold income was reduced significantly across the board (CW 2.0, tournaments, missions, ...) while at the same time premium tanks were removed from the techtree. Also you started to release T8 premiums at a massive rate, sold only in time-limited bundles in the cash shop. Now over time you've been told (e.g. Cyprus meeting) that the community strongly dislikes that practice, so in recent years you've slightly reversed both trends, though we're still far away from the original state.

Btw, this whole selling-tanks-in-bundles-for-cash agenda is also a source of many issues for you. If you'd simplify it down to full "cash buys gold, gold buys content" you wouldn't have all these issues with gold compensation or discount multiplications and therefore wouldn't need to make all those special cases to minimize such exploits. You could save resources in support and probably have a lot more satisified customers at the same time.

But I guess that all pales in comparison to a happy marketing department (due to inventing fancy offers) and some quick cash influx.

Edited by Geno1isme, 12 February 2019 - 03:57 PM.

eekeeboo #34 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:59 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46437 battles

View PostGeno1isme, on 12 February 2019 - 02:55 PM, said:

That's a funny statement. Back in 2014 when one could actually earn gold in CW somewhat reliably most premium tanks were actually available permanently for gold. Notable exceptions were preorder tanks and Type 59 (there may have been a few more, but not many).

Apparently around that time you realized that you were giving out too much gold "for free". As a result gold income was reduced significantly across the board (CW 2.0, tournaments, missions, ...) while at the same time premium tanks were removed from the techtree. Also you started to release T8 premiums at a massive rate, sold only in time-limited bundles in the cash shop. Now over time you've been told (e.g. Cyprus meeting) that the community strongly dislikes that practice, so in recent years you've slightly reversed both trends, though we're still far away from the original state.

Btw, this whole selling-tanks-in-bundles-for-cash agenda is also a source of many issues for you. If you'd simplify it down to full "cash buys gold, gold buys content" you wouldn't have all these issues with gold compensation or discount multiplications and therefore wouldn't need to make all those special cases to minimize such exploits. You could save resources in support and probably have a lot more satisified customers at the same time.

But I guess that all pales in comparison to a happy marketing department (due to inventing fancy offers) and some quick cash influx.

This all comes down to the fact marketing and packaging of products to make them more appealing isn't that simple. If you see bundled offers being hugely popular and a best seller/performer vs those items with just a tank then the incentive is reduced. There's a stage when you can't argue with the numbers and people may not like bundled content and we can give all the feedback from the community there is on it, but if more people are buying it and it's making money then there's nothing else to be done until the numbers reflect the feedback. 

Same as the issue with premiums in the tech tree, I remember this and how it was easy to buy tanks with gold, but at the same time, I remember as a player the statement made then that WG made less money because people hoarded gold and would stockpile without spending money etc. The aim of any company wanting to stay in business is to encourage and entice you into separating with your money where possible and to make it as attractive as possible. My personal feelings and opinions aside, this is how it is, for right or wrong. 

Cobra6 #35 Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16474 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Posteekeeboo, on 12 February 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

Gold isn't only available in CW, it's available throughout in various amounts through events and contests and occasionally codes. In the same way, people earn full premium tanks potentially for free or at a discount. As highlighted above, there has to be a stage in which you don't put everything you have into a store people can buy from by not putting real money in, or people stop going to the store for real money. Those people who earn the gold in CW tend to spend it far more liberally on the systems currently in the game. 

I realize that but the average useful premium tank costs more then 6000 gold so the gold you'd get for events etc. is generally not going to cut it. Only CW gold will make sure you'd be able to get useful premium tanks consistently.

People are not going to stop to go to the store for real money, the majority of players in this game are not good enough to earn high enough amounts of gold to buy everything they want "for free".

Dear old Steve is your main demographic and all Steve want's to do is drive his IS-7 and grind tanks he likes the look of. He will go to the real money store until the very end. ;)

Cobra 6

_b_ #36 Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56141 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 12 February 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

The aim of any company wanting to stay in business is to encourage and entice you into separating with your money where possible and to make it as attractive as possible. My personal feelings and opinions aside, this is how it is, for right or wrong. 

Then I suggest you include premium vehicles as buyable for in-game gold when also in shop, or remove gold from lootboxes.  Your curent implementation  of how you do it makes me just go even more #walletclosed :facepalm:

During first xmas event I had high hopes for changes...none came..... :(

So all gold from then stayed on account and wasn't spent until this xmas when we could spend it on tanks in calendar.  So since changes were talked about this year I figured I could at least buy a handful when the year old gold was all gone.   Thank higher powers I didn't buy any more, because once again you fail in being milky money greedy... so guess I'll have a year now NOT spending on WOT?

Then when xmas comes around this time, I'll just skip boxes....your actions makes them for us who've been around (too) long worthless.

Endranii_PL #37 Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:43 PM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 24561 battles
Reading this topic really makes me appreciate spending money on LoL, even though I was thinking about getting prem account for the duration of campaing ,but yeah I'm really glad I bought skin in lol not prem acc here.
Well Wargaming just went full TRIPPLE AYYYYYY

Edited by Endranii_PL, 12 February 2019 - 04:45 PM.

CyberRage #38 Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2124 battles
  • [ANCAT] ANCAT

View Posteekeeboo, on 12 February 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

The people who play in Frontlines are also paying customers. It is ill-advised to put your premium and items you sell for "real money" into a store people can buy from by using in-game play time. You need to ensure you keep content exclusive to the store or people stop visiting or going to your store.

Even if you asked 50k gold for a defender or 100k for a type 59 people would buy it and it would be impossible to get that kind of gold through play. The reality is you already have the money from people that bought gold ( or got it as part of a package ) and you are not interested in serving people whose money you already have. I completely understand that is how business works but it's very offputting for your loyal customers that are piling up more and more gold that they can't do anything with but sink it into premium time or free xp, which is becoming less and less useful as you progress the game.

To top it off you are giving away the premium currency for free just to show how worthless it really is and how there will be no plans to make it worthwhile.

Edited by CyberRage, 12 February 2019 - 05:28 PM.

Tankagoon1 #39 Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2914 battles
I bought the Chrysler K just before Christmas, the engine sound is lovely BUT, it's under powered gun and armour is to me very poor, I don't like using it.  

NoobySkooby #40 Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16116 battles
  • [S052] S052

View PostBasinaNucleara, on 12 February 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

i have Ch, this is the most and the biggest shint from intire world, paper against tierX with verry bag gun and not briliant armor, i regret this tank :(

Yes you are quite right, overrated POS, needs an entire armour buff , especially side armour, plus the gun is trash, hate the hype WG puts around their goods, same crapwith the Defender:angry:

DO NOT BUY THIS TANK!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users