• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

piratha #41 Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11743 battles
  • [2-KP] 2-KP

View Postaz_zill, on 12 February 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Damn, they really want to squeeze as much money from frontline hype as they can, defender tomorrow? :teethhappy:

:coin:
17:56 Added after 8 minutes

View Post_b_, on 12 February 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

Then I suggest you include premium vehicles as buyable for in-game gold when also in shop, or remove gold from lootboxes.  Your curent implementation  of how you do it makes me just go even more #walletclosed :facepalm:

During first xmas event I had high hopes for changes...none came..... :(

So all gold from then stayed on account and wasn't spent until this xmas when we could spend it on tanks in calendar.  So since changes were talked about this year I figured I could at least buy a handful when the year old gold was all gone.   Thank higher powers I didn't buy any more, because once again you fail in being milky money greedy... so guess I'll have a year now NOT spending on WOT?

Then when xmas comes around this time, I'll just skip boxes....your actions makes them for us who've been around (too) long worthless.

But this time all the Advent's Tanks were available for gold, that was quite interesting - only the tanks were not, so didn't purchase any :harp:

eekeeboo #42 Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:56 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46243 battles

View PostCobra6, on 12 February 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

I realize that but the average useful premium tank costs more then 6000 gold so the gold you'd get for events etc. is generally not going to cut it. Only CW gold will make sure you'd be able to get useful premium tanks consistently.

People are not going to stop to go to the store for real money, the majority of players in this game are not good enough to earn high enough amounts of gold to buy everything they want "for free".

Dear old Steve is your main demographic and all Steve want's to do is drive his IS-7 and grind tanks he likes the look of. He will go to the real money store until the very end. ;)

Cobra 6

I remember a long time ago that one of the reasons for tanks not being in the tech tree was that people would just wait to use gold and buy it/save up etc and not buy it straight from the shop, especially with the combined economy with games like WoWP at time providing an over-lap of gold. 

The demographics are as many people as possible, and the numbers and marketing will look at the money from a premium shop only tank and the tanks sold through the tech tree and will always try to keep some exclusive tanks or "rare" offer tanks as those moments to drive revenue, standard practice with targets and shortfall in any business and to drive further development. 

View Post_b_, on 12 February 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

Then I suggest you include premium vehicles as buyable for in-game gold when also in shop, or remove gold from lootboxes.  Your curent implementation  of how you do it makes me just go even more #walletclosed :facepalm:

During first xmas event I had high hopes for changes...none came..... :(

So all gold from then stayed on account and wasn't spent until this xmas when we could spend it on tanks in calendar.  So since changes were talked about this year I figured I could at least buy a handful when the year old gold was all gone.   Thank higher powers I didn't buy any more, because once again you fail in being milky money greedy... so guess I'll have a year now NOT spending on WOT?

Then when xmas comes around this time, I'll just skip boxes....your actions makes them for us who've been around (too) long worthless.

That was part of the advent calendar gold options as a means to assess the effectiveness and allow people to use up their Christmas crate gold if needed. And while your wallet is closed, there is a chance that someone else wallet will open. I am aware of the desire not to spend money on a tank that's bundled when you already have a bazillion gold and more premium tanks than you can shake a stick at, the prospect of more gold isn't appealing. But at the same time, the aim is to sell as much as possible to as many people as possible. Instead of trying to sell you more things, when you've already bought the gold, try to make a package that's appealing to someone else. This is the part where people misinterpret squeezing for money instead of the goal of creating offers suitable for other types of players. 

View PostEndranii_PL, on 12 February 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

Reading this topic really makes me appreciate spending money on LoL, even though I was thinking about getting prem account for the duration of campaing ,but yeah I'm really glad I bought skin in lol not prem acc here.
Well Wargaming just went full TRIPPLE AYYYYYY

I also know how much LoL has changed the tactics and items they sell in-game. You will notice a definite change in the things you can buy and how you can buy them to when the game first launched from beta. 

View PostCyberRage, on 12 February 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

Even if you asked 50k gold for a defender or 100k for a type 59 people would buy it and it would be impossible to get that kind of gold through play. The reality is you already have the money from people that bought gold ( or got it as part of a package ) and you are not interested in serving people whose money you already have. I completely understand that is how business works but it's very offputting for your loyal customers that are piling up more and more gold that they can't do anything with but sink it into premium time or free xp, which is becoming less and less useful as you progress the game.

To top it off you are giving away the premium currency for free just to show how worthless it really is and how there will be no plans to make it worthwhile.

If we charged that much for gold, people would then complain the price would be high and it's not fair. The second point is true and something i highlight in a response to another person, it can be offputting if you misinterpret the intention, it's not intended to be a slight but to not constantly get the same people to pay, businesses don't survive on those strategies. 

The giving away of gold has been reduced dramatically over the years, with nerfed values from clan wars and during events, you will see WAY less gold being provided as a reward than say 3-5 years ago. 

17:57 Added after 0 minutes

View PostNoobySkooby, on 12 February 2019 - 05:40 PM, said:

Yes you are quite right, overrated POS, needs an entire armour buff , especially side armour, plus the gun is trash, hate the hype WG puts around their goods, same crapwith the Defender:angry:

DO NOT BUY THIS TANK!

If you remember, WG didn't hype up the tank, it was the community ;) 

mystikro #43 Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32029 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCommunity, on 12 February 2019 - 07:00 AM, said:

Meet the Chrysler K. Angle it properly, and you'll have an unbreakable tank!
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/special-offers/tier-viii-of-the-week-chrysler-k/">The full text of the news item</a>

<include here SirFoch's most notorious line>

Edited by mystikro, 12 February 2019 - 07:08 PM.

BigHeme #44 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2552 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 12 February 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

This has been suggested and tanks are rotated, but it's also good to note that AW didn't have systems in place where people could earn a lot of gold at the same time. 

I have to say, if we could buy everything with gold especially new tanks, I'd have a large stock of it. Also, because gold is already spent money in a sense, I'd be much more likely to spend it than new money. I think Wargaming are shooting themselves in the foot with this one...

Edited by BigHeme, 12 February 2019 - 08:00 PM.

Cobra6 #45 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16463 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Posteekeeboo, on 12 February 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

I remember a long time ago that one of the reasons for tanks not being in the tech tree was that people would just wait to use gold and buy it/save up etc and not buy it straight from the shop, especially with the combined economy with games like WoWP at time providing an over-lap of gold. 

The demographics are as many people as possible, and the numbers and marketing will look at the money from a premium shop only tank and the tanks sold through the tech tree and will always try to keep some exclusive tanks or "rare" offer tanks as those moments to drive revenue, standard practice with targets and shortfall in any business and to drive further development.

So basically wanting money once, twice and preferably thrice if possible at the expense of the customer.

I do understand the economic side, don't worry, but I already paid for all this gold and there is hardly *anything* to spend it on.

Cobra 6

gunslingerXXX #46 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12028 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
EBR 75? When?

LCpl_Jones #47 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11747 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Don_71 #48 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9271 battles
  • [WEGER] WEGER

View PostCobra6, on 12 February 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

but I already paid for all this gold and there is hardly *anything* to spend it on.

Cobra 6

So why did you even buy all that gold then?  :coin:

Cobra6 #49 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16463 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDon_71, on 12 February 2019 - 11:44 PM, said:

So why did you even buy all that gold then?  :coin:

I needed *SOME* gold for standard stuff like camo / crew retraining etc. as I had almost ran out so I bought some Christmas boxes.

In these boxes I got a ton of premium tanks I already had, even 2-3 times the same tank and ended up with a ton of gold that I now can't spend.

Cobra 6

eekeeboo #50 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:13 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46243 battles

View PostBigHeme, on 12 February 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

I have to say, if we could buy everything with gold especially new tanks, I'd have a large stock of it. Also, because gold is already spent money in a sense, I'd be much more likely to spend it than new money. I think Wargaming are shooting themselves in the foot with this one...

That's fine, but it's also a case of making sure you're not always selling to the same people. 

View PostCobra6, on 12 February 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

So basically wanting money once, twice and preferably thrice if possible at the expense of the customer.

I do understand the economic side, don't worry, but I already paid for all this gold and there is hardly *anything* to spend it on.

Cobra 6

That's something I've given feedback on and put a few suggestions forward and hopefully, they appear in the future, but other than that, all suggestions have to go through a team of people who balance the money and income and have access to all the figures. If they can show their strategy keeps the lights on and is a strategy proven to work vs previously, then it's somewhat difficult to say "Stop doing it this way, go back to the old way!". 

NoobySkooby #51 Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16074 battles
  • [S052] S052

View Posteekeeboo, on 12 February 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

That was part of the advent calendar gold options as a means to assess the effectiveness and allow people to use up their Christmas crate gold if needed. And while your wallet is closed, there is a chance that someone else wallet will open. I am aware of the desire not to spend money on a tank that's bundled when you already have a bazillion gold and more premium tanks than you can shake a stick at, the prospect of more gold isn't appealing. But at the same time, the aim is to sell as much as possible to as many people as possible. Instead of trying to sell you more things, when you've already bought the gold, try to make a package that's appealing to someone else. This is the part where people misinterpret squeezing for money instead of the goal of creating offers suitable for other types of players. 

I also know how much LoL has changed the tactics and items they sell in-game. You will notice a definite change in the things you can buy and how you can buy them to when the game first launched from beta. 

If we charged that much for gold, people would then complain the price would be high and it's not fair. The second point is true and something i highlight in a response to another person, it can be offputting if you misinterpret the intention, it's not intended to be a slight but to not constantly get the same people to pay, businesses don't survive on those strategies. 

The giving away of gold has been reduced dramatically over the years, with nerfed values from clan wars and during events, you will see WAY less gold being provided as a reward than say 3-5 years ago. 

17:57 Added after 0 minutes

If you remember, WG didn't hype up the tank, it was the community ;) 

Point taken, that sir Foch has a lot to answer for:angry:

eekeeboo #52 Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:15 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46243 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 14 February 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

Point taken, that sir Foch has a lot to answer for:angry:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion :) But this is why we're always cautious on "OMG this tank will end the world, RIP WG and RIP WoT" etc :( 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users