frontline

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

RenamedUser_50080245721 #1 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10978 battles
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_

This year is my first frontline experience and after one day I encountered some issues (maybe its me?).

Anybody else notice this:

No mods (safe mode) and I occasionally get "track destroyed" but I can keep on driving like nothing happened? Synch issue? Also issues when the battle is over and attackers lost but server is slow and attackers get another 10 seconds because the server is slow for some reason (GUI even already disappeared because end of battle) but then they cap and game continues... Feels bugged.

• Also what's this about unsafe spawns for a game in 2019 man. I spawn in my Scorp G, immediately spotted with 2 heavy tanks in front of me and no spots nearby to hide...
  • Once the 2nd area has been captured some really fast LT's rush the end-objectives in the other far corner of the map before the defending team can even get there in time (unless they also have some fast tanks nearby). Like after capping Zone D they go straight to zone 5 on very fast tanks and take it out.
  • 'corpse piling' the first objective immediately before arty strikes become available. Requires some teamwork but pretty much unstoppable for randoms.
  • I ran out of ammo on my ISU-152. But I couldn't not resupply (camped by enemy LT's). Didn't want to suicide either because of high ammo cost so I went AFK at some spot-location. Yeap...
  • Players with just 1 Tier 8 tank entering Frontline? This is a a joke/troll right?
  • How are slow heavy tanks supposed to repair/restock? It takes them somewhere between 1.5 to 3 minutes to reach the repair zone and then that same amount of time to return... I find it faster to drive them off a cliff or yolo them for possible spot damage and hop into a new tank instead.
  • Getting nuked by 4+ arty strikes + arty itself while doing some objective... My tank hp 100-->0 and perma tracked with no enemies nearby. Feels bad...
  • Best tanks seem to be mobile tanks with tons of burst and in some particular cases hull-down monsters (Crysler, T34) that can only be killed by arty (strikes). Playing TD feels REALLY bad because: too immobile, get spotted most of the time because map-sections are too small, recons, etc. Your high camo rating feels useless not to mention Artillery Strikes on your open roof TD's... If you even survive that you might as well suicide because no ammo rack, no loader, no engine, nothing left of your tank and pointless to drive to a repair area because it would take too long with all modules down.
  • Lastly, there is no bonus for winning? I mean I noticed that the only thing that matters is your rank (and maybe credits farmed but you make way more credits in random battles time-wise). And you get rank by capping and spotting/dealing damage/assisting. So I find it more useful to camp some crowded area and just farm rank. Or if you have a LT, just farm spot-damage (spot damage does seem to get MASSIVE penalty for getting rank).

Also now I want a Progetto... These things look so OP in this mode.

Edited by Squirting_Elephant, 12 February 2019 - 08:15 PM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I had both regular and special ammo loaded at the same time yesterday. :confused:

Bordhaw #3 Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:58 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13572 battles

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 12 February 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

This year is my first frontline experience and after one day I encountered some issues (maybe its me?).

Anybody else notice this:

No mods (safe mode) and I occasionally get "track destroyed" but I can keep on driving like nothing happened? Synch issue? Also issues when the battle is over and attackers lost but server is slow and attackers get another 10 seconds because the server is slow for some reason (GUI even already disappeared because end of battle) but then they cap and game continues... Feels bugged.

• Also what's this about unsafe spawns for a game in 2019 man. I spawn in my Scorp G, immediately spotted with 2 heavy tanks in front of me and no spots nearby to hide...
  • Once the 2nd area has been captured some really fast LT's rush the end-objectives in the other far corner of the map before the defending team can even get there in time (unless they also have some fast tanks nearby). Like after capping Zone D they go straight to zone 5 on very fast tanks and take it out.
  • 'corpse piling' the first objective immediately before arty strikes become available. Requires some teamwork but pretty much unstoppable for randoms.
  • I ran out of ammo on my ISU-152. But I couldn't not resupply (camped by enemy LT's). Didn't want to suicide either because of high ammo cost so I went AFK at some spot-location. Yeap...
  • Players with just 1 Tier 8 tank entering Frontline? This is a a joke/troll right?
  • How are slow heavy tanks supposed to repair/restock? It takes them somewhere between 1.5 to 3 minutes to reach the repair zone and then that same amount of time to return... I find it faster to drive them off a cliff or yolo them for possible spot damage and hop into a new tank instead.
  • Getting nuked by 4+ arty strikes + arty itself while doing some objective... My tank hp 100-->0 and perma tracked with no enemies nearby. Feels bad...
  • Best tanks seem to be mobile tanks with tons of burst and in some particular cases hull-down monsters (Crysler, T34) that can only be killed by arty (strikes). Playing TD feels REALLY bad because: too immobile, get spotted most of the time because map-sections are too small, recons, etc. Your high camo rating feels useless not to mention Artillery Strikes on your open roof TD's... If you even survive that you might as well suicide because no ammo rack, no loader, no engine, nothing left of your tank and pointless to drive to a repair area because it would take too long with all modules down.
  • Lastly, there is no bonus for winning? I mean I noticed that the only thing that matters is your rank (and maybe credits farmed but you make way more credits in random battles time-wise). And you get rank by capping and spotting/dealing damage/assisting. So I find it more useful to camp some crowded area and just farm rank. Or if you have a LT, just farm spot-damage all day long and it's better to be on the defending team because of the cap-points that give a lot of rank points it seems.

Also now I want a Progetto... These things look so OP in this mode.

eekeeboo #4 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:19 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46430 battles

Can you place this in the FL feedback thread so that it's all in the same place? Thank-you! 

http://forum.worldof...lines-feedback/

AliceUnchained #5 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:27 PM

General

• Player
  • 38977 battles
  • [322] 322
Hmm yes, I could have sworn I had the same issue yesterday as well. Running away in the Rhm Brosig (like a true hero) I am 100% sure that on hit the track turned red yet I kept going. Will have to find the replay to check.

dan_dix #6 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17082 battles
One odd thing I noticed when playing the Emil I was that when I get spawned the 4-shell clip loads in just a few seconds rather than the usual 30(ish) seconds . Not really complaining, just not sure if this is normal.

RenamedUser_50080245721 #7 Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10978 battles
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_

View Posteekeeboo, on 12 February 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

Can you place this in the FL feedback thread so that it's all in the same place? Thank-you! 

http://forum.worldof...lines-feedback/

Done.

Got that bug a few more times.

My experiences shifted a bit but remain largely the same. I found out what tanks to drive and what ones to avoid and where on the map I can get more xp. But I think that FL needs a lot of work balance-wise and that it is nearly impossible to balance Random Battles and FL with the same tanks. Some tanks in FL are just much stronger while others are just so much weaker in this mode. Like the Jap heavy for example.... They are so pointless and get hit so hard by airstrikes and if the enemy caps they cannot relocate and are basically death and cannot reach a resupply area and often can't get cover at cap-points and etc. etc.

Edited by Squirting_Elephant, 13 February 2019 - 04:28 PM.

eekeeboo #8 Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:34 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46430 battles
Going to close the thread now the feedback is in the right place, thank-you! 

Also tagged with frontline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users