What are the fastest Prestige earning tactics?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Zoltan1251 #1 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13755 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Hello,

what is the tactic to earn ranks faster?... I noticed that many people just focus on damage, but i found out that other players have higher xp and rank while doing less damage... Shoul i take Inspire or Engineering etc?

Thank you in advance for suggestions

DuncaN_101 #2 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 56189 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Capping/defending and destroying the objective gives a good amount of points

Balc0ra #3 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73385 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Capping and objective damage is a good way for that. As if you check on those that have less damage, but more points. You usually see they have more cap and objective damage, vs those that did just damage.

But if you do just damage well enough, that is usually easier when attacking. It's usually those that get to General first. But with less damage focus, capping etc helps.

DeadLecter #4 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32457 battles
You need to make General every battle to do that and that is kinda hard since some battles don't even last long enough to make General. Do as much objective damage and capping as you can. Do a crapton of damage as well. And you will make General quickly.  Capping is a great way to reach higher ranks.

RenamedUser_50080245721 #5 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10978 battles

What I found out so far:

• Shorter battles give usually more rank/hour compared to the longest possible one
  • Spot damage gives less rank compared to raw damage but it is relatively more easy to get if you drive an ELC Even 90 or something.
  • You should aim for rank captain+ otherwise the grind is really a LOT longer.
  • Capping and defending points does give some rank-xp but it's in my experience a lot less compared to just dealing damage. 50 cap points seem to equal about 2 great damage shots. EDIT: This does not seem to be a fixed value? I just got an entire lieutenant rank from a single cap (although I had Engineer + 80 cap points). So not sure how this works.
  • Shooting objectives gives some rank-xp but it's much less compared to shooting enemy tanks (I roughly estimate a 70% xp penalty). If you drive a really fast tank, just cheese and after you unlock the objectives as the attackers, sneak into a corner and take out one of the objectives there real quick for easy rank-xp (this should be fixed imo).
  • Well aimed recon planes can give you lots of spot xp. See a lot of allies hanging around with no LT to spot for them? Recon it.
  • If you see dumb enemy tanks without cover and lots of hp that just got visible, suppress it with reserve for tons of free assisted damage. Ye they'll die anyway but it's just to leech the assisted damage from your team.
  • I found out that 3 ISU-152 shots gets me from private --> sergeant. But driving an ELC Even 90 into the enemy team usually gives me the same rank-up and is easier.
  • Winning vs losing makes no difference.
  • Only your rank matters. So if you are 99% towards Captain you still only get Lieutenant points. So if you respawn and you know 100% sure that you cannot rank up anyway within the timelimit, just farm credits or AFK since nothing will matter anyway at that point (imo this needs fixing as well).
  • When fighting near a safe resupply point and you are sure you won't die, spam gold ammo since it's free.
  • Spawn camping works (I had some enemy tanks spawn in front of my ISU-152, I sure ruined their day) and they are stationary when they spawn so easy hit. But spawn-camping requires a strong team or if you are really cheesy, just park a LT near their spawn in good cover and watch a movie and watch that assisted damage :)

Edited by Squirting_Elephant, 12 February 2019 - 11:18 PM.

TankkiPoju #6 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:18 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23726 battles

Most people don't seem to have a clue what earns most points in Frontlines. These people end up with 3k damage and are still sergeants when battle ends.

People sit 100m behind cap when they could join the cap and rank up faster, or don't try to decap because they might lose hitpoints.

tajj7 #7 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28260 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Cap, defend, kill the guns, be active, move between sectors if yours is quiet, don't spawn camp or stay on a defence where you have an overload. 

skero #8 Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28736 battles

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 12 February 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

What I found out so far:

• Shorter battles give usually more rank/hour compared to the longest possible one
  • Spot damage gives less rank compared to raw damage but it is relatively more easy to get if you drive an ELC Even 90 or something.
  • You should aim for rank captain+ otherwise the grind is really a LOT longer.
  • Capping and defending points does give some rank-xp but it's in my experience a lot less compared to just dealing damage. 50 cap points seem to equal about 2 great damage shots. EDIT: This does not seem to be a fixed value? I just got an entire lieutenant rank from a single cap (although I had Engineer + 80 cap points). So not sure how this works.
  • Shooting objectives gives some rank-xp but it's much less compared to shooting enemy tanks (I roughly estimate a 70% xp penalty). If you drive a really fast tank, just cheese and after you unlock the objectives as the attackers, sneak into a corner and take out one of the objectives there real quick for easy rank-xp (this should be fixed imo).
  • Well aimed recon planes can give you lots of spot xp. See a lot of allies hanging around with no LT to spot for them? Recon it.
  • If you see dumb enemy tanks without cover and lots of hp that just got visible, suppress it with reserve for tons of free assisted damage. Ye they'll die anyway but it's just to leech the assisted damage from your team.
  • I found out that 3 ISU-152 shots gets me from private --> sergeant. But driving an ELC Even 90 into the enemy team usually gives me the same rank-up and is easier.
  • Winning vs losing makes no difference.
  • Only your rank matters. So if you are 99% towards Captain you still only get Lieutenant points. So if you respawn and you know 100% sure that you cannot rank up anyway within the timelimit, just farm credits or AFK since nothing will matter anyway at that point (imo this needs fixing as well).
  • When fighting near a safe resupply point and you are sure you won't die, spam gold ammo since it's free.
  • Spawn camping works (I had some enemy tanks spawn in front of my ISU-152, I sure ruined their day) and they are stationary when they spawn so easy hit. But spawn-camping requires a strong team or if you are really cheesy, just park a LT near their spawn in good cover and watch a movie and watch that assisted damage :)

Gold ammo is free?

tumppi776 #9 Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 47617 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD
Enable motivation and defend with allies - ie destroy tanks of your cap zone.

antwerp_fighter #10 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 49973 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I got tier 30 after grinding about 18 hours, so my suggestion will be for average players:

1. win or lost makes no difference, but farming damage/capping gives good points. Any fast win or loss normally will make your rank end up like captain (half points of general)... 

2. I use hull down tank as my first tank (like caernavon ax, centrion 5/1), which actually works well. there is a hill on the west starting map, you can simply stay there to shoot your front or down to the cap circle. I once got like 6000 dmg in that position at the early stage of game. T-44-100 or lorr 40t is my regular 2nd tank, for their mobility.

3. use heavies when you are defending around the city (final stage), like IS-3A, VK100.01P, side scraping at the entrance of bridge, it works very well. I got normally 3k-4k dmg before I got killed by air strike/arty.

4. I think the best skill is spotting "or recon", and Arty/air strike are too situational (they works against lightly amored tanks, and dense group of tanks only). I got quite a lot of assisting dmg when spotting bush area.

5. when you failed to defend an area, you don`t have to retreat, if your amor is at least 70mm thick and full HP. that once arty shot will take half(or less) of your HP...that means if you are in a good position, just keep holding it, sometimes enemy are just plain stupid and keep pushing, you can shoot them from behind...

7. Defending also gives you good points/exp, but, it`s just harder than attacking.

8. the reward tanks are just too expensive, in terms of times you have to spend...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users