Frontlines Feedback

• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

eekeeboo #1 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:15 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 47025 battles

Greetings Tankers, 

To collate all the feedback, suggestions and comments from players I'm putting this thread here for all feedback as some people are missing the other topics and threads on where to put their feedback! 

Cheers, 

eek. 

Headless_Rooster #2 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11570 battles
  • [E-VO] E-VO

If I get killed in the last 2-3 mins when there's a lot of activity near the main objective, the client disconnects as soon as I press battle in a new tank, often there is not enough time to reconnect before the end of battle, resulting in 0 XP and 0 Credits, making it rather expensive on credits. This happens 3 times last night, didn't matter if I was in windowed mode or full screen. I have minimal graphics settings, and vanilla client. I also tried when the server was quieter after 11pm GMT, but it still happened.

This also happened to one of my clanmates last night.

Rammsch31n #3 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 57950 battles
Can't play cuz your servers are full... and it does not let me into the queue... how am I supposed to complete within a week, when everebody gets home from work and start playing?

cv202 #4 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30770 battles
  • [GMBLE] GMBLE

gun jumping bug is frustrating.

Defending still sucks compared to attacking.

grizly1973 #5 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23311 battles
There's a little server lag if a lot of vehicles are found in the same area, resulting in delayed destruction and damaging of vehicles. This can easily get you killed if you play risky. Also, some buildings keep the gun from fully synchronizing with your reticle.  Except for these little problems, I haven't had any other problem with the game mode. Keep the good work up!

Edited by grizly1973, 12 February 2019 - 08:55 PM.

Trollhund33 #6 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8923 battles
  • [TSPZ] TSPZ

I'm really disappointed like that almost NOTHING has been fixes for all these moths since it was introduced. The map has not been balanced even though it has been made into HD and you had the chance to rework the map. After this gamemode gets played more metas get found and the map gets even more unbalanced. You should really try and balance this gamemode in the three weeks between the frontline seasons.

It's good that you are changing tier so that OP tier 8 premiums won't always change the balance forever.

IAmSoBadWithUsernames #7 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7565 battles

Having a problem with my equipment disappearing after battles (mainly binocs and camo net), and then I have to repurchase it. Is this intended or is it a real bad bug?

Denton_0451 #8 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26249 battles
It would be nice if I could choose my first tank AFTER the MM decided that I'm attacking or defending.

Tyrexdunet #9 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25501 battles

View Postcv202, on 12 February 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

Defending still sucks compared to attacking.

^this

faros78 #10 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44893 battles
I experience lag spikes and reticle jumping around the target area . Also there is a problem when i autoaim the gun locks in a potition different than the reticle.

__Tin_Can__ #11 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38636 battles
  • [BC-V] BC-V
DEFEND MODE IS USELESS, JUST LEAVE MY TANK IN BASE AND GO FOR A SMOKE, EVERY GAME UNTIL AN ATTACK HAPPENS. DEFEND MODE IS RUBBISH.

TheFluffyVehicle #12 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9974 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostIAmSoBadWithUsernames, on 12 February 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

Having a problem with my equipment disappearing after battles (mainly binocs and camo net), and then I have to repurchase it. Is this intended or is it a real bad bug?

do you use mods? I have a feeling this has got something to do with the XVM modpack not able to figure out where the auto equipment is supposed to go. I know it's easier to use this than bothering to spend the credits for it but look into it with a vanilla game client instead of playing around with mods and blaming the devs

View Post__Tin_Can__, on 12 February 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

DEFEND MODE IS USELESS, JUST LEAVE MY TANK IN BASE AND GO FOR A SMOKE, EVERY GAME UNTIL AN ATTACK HAPPENS. DEFEND MODE IS RUBBISH.

from what I can see in your reaction you're part of the reason why defense can feel bad. ofcourse it's less fun to defend. it always feels annoying to see the enemy move up but if you care to put in the effort you'll easily be able to win. attacking is harder to do because you're constantly forced to push up. playing defense is easier because you're relying on the enemy to coordinate and not make mistakes.

Headless_Rooster #13 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11570 battles
  • [E-VO] E-VO

This sucks, it's just not worth the credit drain until you fix this DCing issue

DaSpood #14 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23237 battles

- Artillery is completely broken for this gamemode. It shouldnt be allowed in it, or at the very least be unable to use skills. Also I think that while team damage is disabled team stun is still a thing. I'm not sure about that, but if it is, please fire whoever forgot about that. The last thing we need is to get air striked by our own spawn campers.

- The C cap point is too hard to attack (too much cover and angles for the defense team), all other cap points are too hard to defend (attackers spawn in advantageous positions and there is too much cover for them). Only the E cap is very well balanced imo because no the attackers dont have direct access to it, it doesnt have too much cover but at the same time defenders cant hit everything.

- The amount of progettos is very irritating. Victory may not be all about which team has the most progettos, but the autoreloading mechanism is borderline overpowered in this gamemode. I don't think it would be possible, but if it is, please find a way to limit the amount of autoreloaders per team at once.

- Matchmaker limit, I think this has probably been mentionned a lot already.

But most importantly:

- You have increased the amount of points necessary to reach a prestige level a lot since last year, we're talking 60%. The event is only available one week per month, some players report playing up to 19 hours to reach their first prestige level, which means if you want any chance of reaching prestige level 10 you have to make frontline a full-time job whenever it's up. Any player who is unable to play it enough to reach multiple prestige levels each week will be unable to reach prestige 10 if they are unable to play for one of the Frontline weeks. This is ridiculous. I know it's supposed to be a marathon, but this time people dont have a fallback paid option if they miss like one level before the season ends, so consider this and make the grind a little faster. Instead of 30k points total for a prestige level, make it maybe 22k instead. Remember each game lasts around 20 minutes, and you wont be general every game. After two days with about 4-5 hours of play each, I'm only level 21, and I get within the three higher ranks most pretty much every game.

I think that's all. Of all complaints, imo, the last one is the most important. Even by marathon standards this event is an insane grind, and as I said, you don't have the option to buy the missing prestige levels at the end of the event like you would in a normal marathon, where players can hope to reach 8/10 stages if they play a lot without making world of tanks their only occupation for the whole duration of the marathon, and then buy the remaining points at a discount.

So please consider lowering the required points per prestige level. Really. 5k points less in total could mean dozens of hours of grind for some players who would at the very least like to reach the emil ; and it can mean the difference between having to play 5 hours everyday to being able to have like two days off per week for some others who aim at the tier IX reward (which its difficult to be motivated for since we know nothing about it. It could be complete garbage for all we know, and the frustration of grinding for a bad tank would be huge.

BOKSERKITE #15 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34787 battles
  • [BGBRD] BGBRD

View PostDaSpood, on 12 February 2019 - 11:11 PM, said:

But most importantly:

- You have increased the amount of points necessary to reach a prestige level a lot since last year, we're talking 60%. The event is only available one week per month, some players report playing up to 19 hours to reach their first prestige level, which means if you want any chance of reaching prestige level 10 you have to make frontline a full-time job whenever it's up. Any player who is unable to play it enough to reach multiple prestige levels each week will be unable to reach prestige 10 if they are unable to play for one of the Frontline weeks. This is ridiculous. I know it's supposed to be a marathon, but this time people dont have a fallback paid option if they miss like one level before the season ends, so consider this and make the grind a little faster. Instead of 30k points total for a prestige level, make it maybe 22k instead. Remember each game lasts around 20 minutes, and you wont be general every game. After two days with about 4-5 hours of play each, I'm only level 21, and I get within the three higher ranks most pretty much every game.

This is definitely Super Duper Hyper Turbo IMPORTANT !!! Please Wargaming Staff, fix the required XP...it is just too much.

Edited by BOKSERKITE, 12 February 2019 - 11:27 PM.

Noob2Something #16 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33337 battles
  • [SI-S] SI-S

View PostBOKSERKITE, on 12 February 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

This is definitely Super Duper Hyper Turbo IMPORTANT !!! Please Wargaming Staff, fix the required XP...it is just too much.

Yeah the frontline point requirements are way too high, It took me 37 games to get prestige 1 (ending most games General, some Major and few captin). We CAN'T DO THIS 10 TIMES we have a thing call a life outside gaming, studies, work etc... 13 hours of gaming to go from 1 to 30, we aren't slaves, I'm a paying customer you can't take us for some kind of pets who play your game whole day long every day. PLEASE REDUCE THE POINTS REQUIREMENTS. Oh and after reaching around level 20 I just lost interest in this mode because for one i took too much points to get to next levels and two it's the same thing over and over and over again. YOU CAN'T EXPECT US TO DO THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Edited by Silent__Death, 12 February 2019 - 11:51 PM.

The_Ich #17 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30929 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Why were the bonds for certain medals (for example: General of the Army, Supreme Gun, Small Army) removed? Now it just feels like a grind fest... and reaching tier 30 takes way to long. Well, at least the credit economy will become completely inflated in 2019. Furthermore the gamemode is very one-sided and hence boring. The attacking team has better positions, closer spawn points and defending certain areas seems almost impossible over an extended time.

Denton_0451 #18 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26249 battles

View PostThe_Ich, on 12 February 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

Why were the bonds for certain medals (for example: General of the Army, Supreme Gun, Small Army) removed? Now it just feels like a grind fest... and reaching tier 30 takes way to long. Well, at least the credit economy will become completely inflated in 2019. Furthermore the gamemode is very one-sided and hence boring. The attacking team has better positions, closer spawn points and defending certain areas seems almost impossible over an extended time.

Because tanks for bonds are coming this year and WG doesn't want you to get bonds that easily.

View PostDaSpood, on 12 February 2019 - 11:11 PM, said:

this time people dont have a fallback paid option if they miss like one level before the season ends

Don't worry, they will come up with something when the marathon is nearing it's end :sceptic:

TheFluffyVehicle #19 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9974 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View Post91tibor, on 12 February 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

"Bushes dosnt cover: behind with 3 bush with udes, no enemy innside the wievrange and get spoted? (i have 3 gun mark on udes dont try to say a word about spot system pls)."

it is so cute that you think that this has something to do with a tank saw you! you got spotted with the spotter airplane! it literally gives NO [edited]about your camo

____Green____ #20 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24397 battles
  • [LVPRK] LVPRK

Make side missions on frontline like:

*Kill 5 tanks in a row.  +1.5% to income

*Collect 2k assist using scout planes in one battle +1,5% to income

*Damage 5 tanks with artystrike in one battle + 1.5% to income

*Longest killstreak without respawn 5 frags +3% to income, next 5 +3%, next 5 +3%. Player keep bonus at fragcount on first death. 7frag killstreak gives +3% to income. 11 frags gives 6%

*Earn 150 capture or decap points +3.5% to income

*Kill same player 3 times +1.5%

*Revenge kill or revenge platoon mate +1%

*Make 10 / 100 / 1000 / 10000 frags on FL mode = emblem / summer special camo / all season camo / super mega unique style (pink unicorn)

*Deal dmg 10k / 100k / 1m / 10m dmg on FL mode = emblem / summer special camo / all season camo / super mega unique style (nyan cat)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users