Frontlines Feedback

• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

killer999death #181 Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25188 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

Why not have a lobby instead picking a tank to enter the match?

What I mean by this is when you select a tank and click battle button you have no idea what sector you will spawn on or which side of the field you will play (attack or defense) and it can happen the tank you picked does not fit the role of attack or defense or even the terrain of the sector you spawn on. Instead why not have a lobby or something similar? You click the battle button and it loads you into the game where you can see the map on which sector and side you will spawn on giving you a better choice of tank.

Spawnkilling is a thing.

In the first days it was not happening probably because people have not tested driving into a lost sector but at the end of the 1. week I started experiencing spawn killing from both sides. I was spawn killed by 2 progetto's simply sitting and waiting for me to spawn for an insta kill and I had team mates sitting in the middle of a captured zone to spawn kill. It's a dumb thing to have this in World of Tanks. For me this was one major issue why I did not like War Thunder - because spawn killing is possible there and now you also have it.

Solution is a simply death timer. If someone drives into a lost sector give him 10, 20 or 30 seconds to get out or insta die. It's better than what we had now.

Arty strike. Why oh why?

Why is this annoyance a thing I will never understand. It feels like WoT staff was playing War Thunder and realized they have arty strikes there and someone was like ''My god, Miloš do you see this?! Get this into our game ASAP it doesn't matter if arty is already pretty annoying we will give this to all players now.''

I mean, I'm not even kidding 1 arty strike does 3-4 more damage than SPG hit and anyone can use it. I once lost 700HP and 3 of my crew members with 1 strike in a heavy tank. You can't use the excuse ''It gives the attacking team more flexibility and power to break through'' because defending players have it as well. On top of that being hit by an arty strike https://i.imgur.com/btzolDx.jpg seriously screws up visuals like that and https://i.imgur.com/aFITgwI.jpg that. For me these consumables are a con not a pro to the experience.

UI representing last objectives could be better.

https://imgur.com/a/bHVcCTG

When an objective is destroyed an animation plays where the objective simbol is focused and crossed to show it was destroyed. As it does this it hides ALL OF THE OTHER OBJECTIVES which is kind of dumb. Why would you do this? Other objectives might be getting attacked and I'd love to have a quick peek at how much HP and which one is getting attacked but I can't while that animation plays. 

You could just have the destroyed objective get crossed without obscuring the other objective simbols you know. To me this was always annoying since day one to day 7 while Frontlines lasted. It's Personal opinion in the end and some players might not even care about such UI features.

Other minor details.

-Repair circle at certain angles just vanishes
-Some repair circles are position at exposed spots so attackers take risk in repairing there
-Repair circles can ger arty shelled. Very great!
-Visual bugs such as damaged modules simbols stay lighted up even after repairing them
-Turret objectives are penetrated inconsistently and could use an auto lock just like we have on tanks.

Personal opinion about the game mode.

It was fun the first 3-4 battles then it quickly died down into a mundane thing. Normal random battles and Encounter mode are still better to play specially as they are faster to get through unlike a 20-25 minutes of frontlines. I can only compare Frontlines to a more glorified Assault game mode for random battles and that mode in my client is turned off because it's just no good. Taking something which is not good and making it bigger does not turn it into a great thing. 

In my personal opinion this would be good for tier 6 or 7 tanks with all the arty strike consumables removed. 

Buglasty #182 Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2477 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

please check this topic to see why i think frontlines is painful to play with heavy tanks and super heavies are nearly useless in it and this needs some changes

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/700425-frontlines-for-heavy-tanks-needs-some-changes/

Edited by Buglasty, 20 February 2019 - 08:40 AM.

V3nn #183 Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24371 battles
  • [MSB] MSB

- As defending team: I, platoonmate and several other switched to C to help to break spawncamp/spawnkill. We got spawned next to cap cirlce C, sourrounded by enemy tanks.:sceptic:

- Missing repair-cirlce near targets 1 or 2.

- Spawning in a captured middle square (D,E,F) and having funny ppl behind sniping you down, should be prevented.

- QuickInfo on lagre map, how many tankers are in areas.

- Pop-in messages for captures and attacks overlay the 5 targets status. Those 5 targets status should be always visible.

Doxs_Roxs #184 Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18941 battles
  • [ODB] ODB

Make this a standard game mode, I only came back to WOT to play Frontline and now random matches feel very lacking in comparison. 

World of Tanks will need to evolve to survive as a game. I will not stay for a full year playing only random battles.

Add more maps.

Possible improvements:

• For mixed tier games, lock higher tiers at the start of the battle, then every x minutes one higher tier is unlocked.
  • Respawn point system where it is more expensive to respawn in a higher tier vehicle allowing you to respawn faster in a lower tier vehicle. (you get x respawn points per minute and higher tiers are more expensive). For example, start at tier 6 and end at tier 8. Or start at tier 8 and end at tier 10. Tier of game should be decided by the vehicle you enter the queue in. For example, start as tier 7, max tier is 9. Keep single tier games for the cases where there are a lot of tanks of a single tier in the queue, like tier 8.
  • Make the map and system more heavy tank friendly, perhaps remake the E part of the map to be a large factory complex where heavy tanks can brawl under a roof so that at least one part of the map is more protected. This way the game is great for all classes of tanks.
  • Remove open repair circles and make it a covered garage building to prevent cheesing with artillery strikes. Also enable changing/upgrading to a higher tier vehicle from garage. This should cost slightly less respawn points than respawning a higher tier vehicle after being killed. Changing to a similar tier vehicle should be free. This should also benefit heavy tanks that can be more situational.
  • Add an encounter mode for Frontlines where both teams fight to reach the other teams base and destroy objectives.
  • Add heavy bunkers and other features that attacker and defenders can fight around in Frontlines. Give heavy tank destroyers bonus damage against these concrete structures to give them a role even if they are slow.

This is not only a Frontlines problem, but World of Tanks need to look at War Thunder where you have access to machineguns for AA defence.

All tanks have them, let us use them to shoot down spotting planes, bomber planes etc. in Frontlines. It would add more diversity and fun to the game.

They could also be useful against soft skinned vehicles.

Adding more machineguns to the game and making them useful opens up a whole new class of vehicles that are in other games but not in WOT.

For example dedicated AA vehicles or AA turrets for existing tanks. More firepower is great fun!

Also look at War Thunders implementation of multiple guns on tanks, for example the M3 could greatly benefit from this.

Another idea I would like to see implemented is playing a single tank with friends. Especially multi gun tanks.

For example have one player drive and run main gun while another person is using the machinegun turret for AA defence and against light skinned vehicles.

Next improvement is to add proper camouflage, again, look at War Thunder where you can mount bushes and foliage on your tank to help hide weakspots.

The bushes change your outline and makes it harder for enemies to aim at you based on the outline of the tank even if you are spotted.

Other improvements include making sideskirts and other external pieces of armor destructible/detachable by heavy hits.

I know many of these suggestions are hard to implement and make large changes.

But the WOT playerbase is declining, if this game does not evolve people will not come back to play it.

Edited by Doxs_Roxs, 20 February 2019 - 12:43 PM.

SaintMaddenus #185 Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 36768 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

My Frontline suggestions after round one are:

1) Prevent spawn camping.  All enemies entering captured zones should be auto destroyed.  There is a nasty cycle of being spawn camped.  It totally ruins gameplay and causes the other two zones to fill up.  Therefore you are in a cycle of die, wait, die. as you cannot get to another zone because of zone spawn limits.

2) All tanks should have same amount of consumables.  Each tank has a radio operator.  I don't see why lights get more than mediums or heavies.   Make limit of each 2, not 1 or 3.  It makes game unbalanced.

3) Arty becomes OP for decapping as they can drop a large AOE shell, then do arty barrage, then do airstrike (or whatever order you fancy)  all at the same time.  3 reserves are too much.  Arty, being arty maybe shouldn't have the artillery strike available.  Its like calling all your buddies to beat someone up for you, which although happens in real life, should be avoided in the game. Even a regular arty player like me felt "dirty" dropping 3 loads on the same tanks doing their job and actively capping.

4) Have a spawn closer to a cap but behind a hill.  for example E spawn is too far back to get even a light tank to assist in decap if it is being capped.

5) Have an ACTUAL choice of spawns.

6) MAKE WINNING WORTHWHILE  Give a winners team a NOTICABLE boost to their exp maybe even 300+ to final exp on a win.  Too many battles were camped just to farm damage.  Capping and decapping were just something SOME players did.   On more than one occasion I heard don't cap.  (though on more than one occasion I said don't decap I want out  of this goddam team asap. )  usually when I had been the only one actively trying to decap and I'm on my 4 minute wait...

7) Give some exp for points of capping, even if you die and lose them.   Sounds wrong but too often you can be an active player get to 2 seconds to cap then you die losing everything you did.   Even if its a fraction of what you would have gotten from the full cap. 

If I can think of anything else i'll be back but I gave it a few days rest before posting here.

beercritch #186 Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41062 battles

On the whole its good. I left the game, but came back for the Christmas event as the boosters make the game more palatable. I was just about to go into hibernation again but heard about this mode so hung around for it and wasn't disappointed. 

This game type ticks most of the boxes for me. Stats are irrelevant which means winning and losing doesnt really matter as long as I have a good game then I am happy. We all like a win, but if your team isnt up to winning then a good solo performance gets the points.

All the tanks are from one tier which speaks for itself. OK some tanks are clearly better than others for the game type but a level tier goes a long way in my book.

Big maps are great. Time to spread out and make those sneaky flanking manoeuvres.

Re-spawning and repairs. Well this just takes the edge off and removes the finality of getting ganked when your flanking goes horrible wrong.

On the whole the game is great but not prefect. Air strikes AND artillery? who thought that one up? If it were up to me I would keep air strikes because we already have arty in game and swap that out for something that gives a speed boost. Its a big map and even the light tanks would benefit from this. And re-spawning; theres something not just right about this. Sometimes you respawn surrounded by tanks and other times you spawn in a corner miles from the action. Maybe a bit of a looksee at the mechanics of this are in need.

As for spawn camping - well I have seen it but dont be taken in, use it to your advantage. When we last got camped in on spawn C while attacking the whole team just went to A and B and blitzed the rows leaving the spawn campers at C out in the cold and went on to an easy victory.

TakoezaEU #187 Posted 23 February 2019 - 04:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41771 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
At the end, where you are protecting the objectives, I died and re-spawned behind objective 1 and was immediately shot twice. I thought you could not get shot inside the spawn area or was that just another lie? 

Alfa_Tau #188 Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12334 battles
  • [I_E_C] I_E_C

First weekend after frontline… I decided to give it a try after a while. Feedback:

almost ever Bottom Tier using Tier VIII ;

still very small maps like ensk and mines are used for high tier matches;

toxicity is even worst now.

Result: better to STOP playing and waiting for the next episode of Frontline.

:(

SaintMaddenus #189 Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 36768 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hi Eekeeboo,

Are we likely to get any feedback from WG on this.   Some issues appear to be consistent. (unlike most of our threads)

eekeeboo #190 Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46419 battles
I've passed it on, after that we're likely to see for the next frontlines, but we don't always get feedback on feedback for frontlines, but hopefully, at least there will be answers. 

master4us #191 Posted 28 February 2019 - 01:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23202 battles
  • [TA-R3] TA-R3

I see here a lot of players complaining about arty strike and air strike and i feel obliged to intervene.

- they have 5 seconds delivery time and a rather narrow radius

- they are terrain and building dependent which many players don't understand and call a strike onto a roof or on a big rock/bridge

- long cooldown period even if upgraded at max level and timer reset at each respawn even if you had it loaded before

So, you will get hit by arty/air strike if:

- you are camping a lot in the same 5 m perimeter (take for example the defending team near objective 1 were if they go hull down near the rocks nobody will get close to the gun or on the two hills in F while defending)

- you are capping and standing still (I know, it's difficult to cap and dodge shells but ... )

- you are kept spotted while repairing your tank in the repair circle, I have a guilty pleasure to call an arty strike there :playing:

- at least 5 minutes of the game have passed   

Although I have arty and air strike researched first I only get to use them once and if I'm very lucky twice on an entire game and not all of them will hit the target or make a significant difference.

Personally I get hit by arty pretty rare and only got killed once by one while I was tracked with no repair kit available.

Let's be honest, a lot of players like to camp or farm damage from they're favorite hull down position while others will try to flush him out or kill him. I don't like that play style and I think that this two perks (arty and air strike) balance the game for both sides. 

SaintMaddenus #192 Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 36768 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hi Eekeeboo,

FL is coming soon, have they informed you of any pending changes?

eekeeboo #193 Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:58 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46419 battles

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 05 March 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

Hi Eekeeboo,

FL is coming soon, have they informed you of any pending changes?

No changes have been passed onto me that is planned either. 

SaintMaddenus #194 Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 36768 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Thanks, given em a nudge, that spawn camping one can be fixed and needs to be. 

reklakazala #195 Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:12 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21947 battles
  • [V-S-B] V-S-B

frontline is just what game should look like.

now make few more maps (from east front,  italy ,  north africa, france)

SiliconSidewinder #196 Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28515 battles
indeed, more maps are expected by the customer, if it's going to be this one map for the whole year, it's gonna ruffle a lot of feathers.

WindSplitter1 #197 Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18728 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

- Add more maps (+ 2)

- Reduce XP required.

FL is good the way it is now. No need to change anything. If you want to reduce the amount of TDs, I'd be happy but apart from that, FL is good.

Dunno why people are still spiteful towards SPGs (actual ones) or the combat reserves. 3 per front in the start hardly do any difference. To me at least.

Concerning the CRs, think of it a way to rebalance Prgs, Lorraines, bushcampers, Defenders, etc.

FL is very much balanced indeed.

war62 #198 Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34814 battles
tried get a game today server full and game would not connect properly  game slow when it did connect and when frontline ended game was all right 

WoT_RU_Doing #199 Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:03 AM

Major

• Player
  • 54328 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Postwar62, on 10 March 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

tried get a game today server full and game would not connect properly  game slow when it did connect and when frontline ended game was all right

Well done....you do know that Frontline this month doesn't start for another 5 hours?

mgns #200 Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 36345 battles
if we could report bots from the battle results screen that would be great

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users