• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

Szatanshow #21 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25540 battles
  • [ALION] ALION

View PostDaSpood, on 12 February 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

- You have increased the amount of points necessary to reach a prestige level a lot since last year, we're talking 60%. The event is only available one week per month, some players report playing up to 19 hours to reach their first prestige level, which means if you want any chance of reaching prestige level 10 you have to make frontline a full-time job whenever it's up. Any player who is unable to play it enough to reach multiple prestige levels each week will be unable to reach prestige 10 if they are unable to play for one of the Frontline weeks. This is ridiculous. I know it's supposed to be a marathon, but this time people dont have a fallback paid option if they miss like one level before the season ends, so consider this and make the grind a little faster. Instead of 30k points total for a prestige level, make it maybe 22k instead. Remember each game lasts around 20 minutes, and you wont be general every game. After two days with about 4-5 hours of play each, I'm only level 21, and I get within the three higher ranks most pretty much every game.

I think that's all. Of all complaints, imo, the last one is the most important. Even by marathon standards this event is an insane grind, and as I said, you don't have the option to buy the missing prestige levels at the end of the event like you would in a normal marathon, where players can hope to reach 8/10 stages if they play a lot without making world of tanks their only occupation for the whole duration of the marathon, and then buy the remaining points at a discount.

So please consider lowering the required points per prestige level. Really. 5k points less in total could mean dozens of hours of grind for some players who would at the very least like to reach the emil ; and it can mean the difference between having to play 5 hours everyday to being able to have like two days off per week for some others who aim at the tier IX reward (which its difficult to be motivated for since we know nothing about it. It could be complete garbage for all we know, and the frustration of grinding for a bad tank would be huge.

Basically this is how you ruined all the fun that this mode used to be. This is a game that suppose to be relaxing not second full time job (something you constantly forget that core of your player base is 30+ that have jobs and families. Not no lifing kids that play every day and spend entire day in game). And it make ppl camp for dmg isntead of pushing the objectives whats make this mode totaly boring to play.

Not to mention buggy reticle that jumps by itself or terrible range compensation on some terrain making you instantly aim to the moon or to the ground miles before target.

Repair zones are to exposed.

Team with more Ligh tanks spam wins every game.

Edited by Szatanshow, 13 February 2019 - 11:52 AM.

DaSpood #22 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:38 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22434 battles
  • [R-U] R-U

So here's the math. If you at least get the captain rank every game it'll take you between 51 and 26 games to reach Prestige. Those are 20 minutes games. Even if you are nothing but general every game (which will not happen), it takes a minimum of 7 hours to reach prestige. Make that double or triple if you're realistic (because the amount of games needed increases by 50% every lower rank).

Wargaming, you NEED to severely reduce the amount of points needed to prestige, or/and severely increase the amount of points you get by achieving FL ranks.

Leepants #23 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19052 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP

View PostBOKSERKITE, on 12 February 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

This is definitely Super Duper Hyper Turbo IMPORTANT !!! Please Wargaming Staff, fix the required XP...it is just too much.

Are you Skill?  ;)

sorin7412 #24 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9918 battles
  • [TB-RO] TB-RO
Hello, I have a problem in my FRONTLINE match. It spawns me without any ammo, cannot shot and I have a random loading time. I cannot deal damage, how can I progres???

Leepants #25 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19052 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP

A few friends and me have found that it's difficult to join a server - "too busy, please try later".

Also, echoing the reticule issue - jumps to the sky.

Perhaps (IIRC - it may be C) A - section to cap is very hard - imbalance of cover / positions. Can't find a decent "sniper" position to help cap, and crossfire is too easy to defend.

Feedback using M for map key (the F-key(s)) is great - perhaps put it as a tip on loading screen as few seem to use it? Yes I know players should be able to look at the map, but in reality it doesn't happen

AndyAliens #26 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 58301 battles
  • [27PR] 27PR

XP requirement is way too high.  - To the degree I am even considering quiting the game - Your game should be fun and rewarding.

Monthly prizes suck and don't even have a camo to win, just tanks we already have and a copy paste of Emil 1 and a tier 9 that wont even be a premium.

All of the life has been sucked out of WG's greatest event.

Leepants #27 Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19052 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP

View PostAndyAliens, on 13 February 2019 - 01:59 AM, said:

XP requirement is way too high.  - To the degree I am even considering quiting the game - Your game should be fun and rewarding.

Monthly prizes suck and don't even have a camo to win, just tanks we already have and a copy paste of Emil 1 and a tier 9 that wont even be a premium.

All of the life has been sucked out of WG's greatest event.

Dude  -it's "free" stuff. I don't understand how it can't be a good thing.

BR33K1_PAWAH #28 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6455 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAndyAliens, on 13 February 2019 - 04:59 AM, said:

Your game should be fun and rewarding.

It is :)

bendras2717 #29 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:15 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20213 battles
  • [GW_LT] GW_LT

View PostKL_loves_arty, on 13 February 2019 - 06:32 AM, said:

Same thing as before, you let, and even encourage brainless azzholes that has never played T8, into this mode, in which they are absolutely useless and even more confused about what to do. With your ONLY OBJECTIVE to sell them more prem T8 tanks. Dont even try to say that your brought this back cause the "community" likes it, its ONLY so that you can sell more prem T8 tanks.

ya? And what made you a special snowflake sir? It's good that they r giving posibility for newbies to join in. It's realy good event for them to get some credits for first t8 tanks. + you can farm those "brainless azzholes" from enemy team.

Exp requariment is realy way to high wg... :( 

+I'm losing up to ~20minutes every day in total trying to join in battle. So losing activated reserves... :(

Cobra6 #30 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16467 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

- Jumping aiming reticle.

- Micro-lags (stuttering).

Are two things I encountered while playing FL that don't happen in randoms

I even saw an enemy tank icon warp across the playing field from left to right, I guess he choose a different spawn?

Cobra 6

Gardar7 #31 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23871 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

It is disappointing unfortunately. 

+ New map, finally big enough 

- The map or the gameplay is utterly unbalanced, about 80% of the time attackers win.

- Progettos dominate 

- There is not enough vegetation. Because of that the map looks unrealistic and half-ready.

- I had to wait 4 minutes to get into battle

- Artillery and/or bombing support is totally unnecessary.

And there are some other issues which are personal, so it is not the problem of the mode - One battle is too long for me, unfortunately I usually have roughly 15 minutes to play.

Also, even the best map becomes boring after you play 15 battles in a row on it. But I'm sure that WG will add more  maps to the mode, so this is neither a real problem.

All in all, there is potential, but they still need to work on it. It is very nice that they are trying to add new modes, hopefully it will help to keep the game alive.

DeCoy78 #32 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 28009 battles
Well, in both evenings (Monday and Tuesday) when EU1 said that queue is full, I switched to EU2, it was practically empty. I got in instantly.

Todeskult #33 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33746 battles

OK, so you Soviets made this mode a full-time job, like in gulag, huh? I played 2 days, few hours (5 or 6) and I got tier 12 so far.

Noticed annoying bugs:

I can't shoot at towers, pointing the gun at them, pressing mouse button, but nothing happens.

Aiming reticle jumps up and down when aiming from a longer distance, how the fukk is that possible?

Boring as hell. Playing over and over and over on the same map, few hours a day, for all the week? Are you dumb there at WG or what? Who thought that it would be interesting for players?

Edited by Todeskult, 13 February 2019 - 08:54 AM.

Veka26 #34 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 52069 battles
  • [C_W_B] C_W_B

I think spotting airplanes, airstrike, arty strike are cancer in this gamemode. Getting spotted with no enemy within 450 meters, or fully camoed up, and then shot by airstrike or arty is insanely stupid gimmicky and unnecessary addition of luck, RNG and chaos IMO.

Also, winning a game is like a side/quest/mission, its all about ranking up to general, not playing to win. F this gamemode.

____Green____ #35 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:13 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20725 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

Played yesterday few hrs and here is my feedback:

* Block artillery on FL, useless class on this mode. This class uses a slot, but effort is 0.

* 3rd base (arty) make alternative entrance or make a bit wider existing one for attackers. Bottleneck and easy to defend, easy kills with artystrike.

* Scout planes way to OP. How LT can be spotted fully covered by trees or bushes?

* Ad even more cap penalty to next cap if only one of three fronts are pushed.

Maybe there is some option to add some rule to push players play more actively. (Like playing one square for 30 seconds puts tank in permanent spot except cap circles.)

Todeskult #36 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33746 battles

Let me ask if I do understand correctly:

One can prestige +1 point many times during that one-week-period. Once you reach tier 30 you gain 1 point of prestige, your progress will reset and you can start from the beginning? Not that I'm able to play that much during a week, but want to make sure if I did understood the rules correctly.

Edited by Todeskult, 13 February 2019 - 09:36 AM.

Arch___Enemy #37 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 43247 battles
  • [GURKO] GURKO

I have one development idea.

Close the spacing between the zones to prevent them from attacking another zone behind the defenders and firing them behind.

It is really annoying when you defend and suddenly someone starts to firing on your back.

Edited by Arch___Enemy, 13 February 2019 - 09:25 AM.

sokolicc #38 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:39 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27752 battles
  • [GX] GX

One annoying thing: sometimes when i respawn i don't see my ammo and can't shoot.

I need to go to repair point and then i can fire (standard rounds, i doubt i can change type of shells) but i still don't see anything in ammo pannel. But before i go to repairs i sit there and do nothing because i can't shoot...

I have protanki mod, but only clock in garage and crew/equip auto return and similar stuff... But for FL i run game in Safe Mode and still get this issue. Isn't the safe mode just like client without mods or it still loads some cached data in some weird way?

Gameplay will sort out when people learn to counter bases.

And it's not the point in stopping enemy at first base but delaying cap enough so at least one objective survives, even if that means you sacrificed your own tank to interrupt cap. Stop moaning, you get crapton of credits nd complain about gameplay and ballance, but i bet you all who don't have Progetto would play it all the time if you had it...

About guys who are hidden but get spotted - look into the game better .Besides inspire and arty strike you have also recon plane who spots you and keep you spotted longer than usual. Read before complaining.

the_Haba #39 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27519 battles

The grind is ABSURD. I know you'll never change anything, but this is simply silly. We don't even know if the rewards are worth the commitment at this point.

Keep Frontline relaxed and reduce the grind A LOT.

snuble #40 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:02 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35063 battles
With the unique reward tanks you sort of feel forced to partake in the grind. Because that is what it is, a grind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users