618 replies to this topic

pipik_roman #41 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18226 battles
  • [2SH] 2SH

View PostTodeskult, on 13 February 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

Let me ask if I do understand correctly:

One can prestige +1 point many times during that one-week-period. Once you reach tier 30 you gain 1 point of prestige, your progress will reset and you can start from the beginning? Not that I'm able to play that much during a week, but want to make sure if I did understood the rules correctly.

Number of points of prestige depends on prestige level. For 10th prestige level you will receive 6 prestige points.

Spoiler

Edited by pipik_roman, 13 February 2019 - 10:04 AM.

TroubledFox #42 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2545 battles
I’ve watched a couple of streamers playing frontlines, and from what I’ve seen it takes way too much exp to get to the PRESTIGE LEVELS please reduce the amount of exp required to prestige these are good players who get general / major rank and are still taking a lot of time . The GRIND is too much and you would like people to play this every month (FUN MODE) it will soon get old. To get prestige would be like part time /full time job 1 week a month. Is a different map coming?

Todeskult #43 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33850 battles
  • [GTCHA] GTCHA

View PostTroubledFox, on 13 February 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

Is a different map coming?

Nope, WG is too busy counting money they have from premium tanks sell and rent, they don't have time to prepare new maps.

Autohit #44 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 30092 battles
  • [HAKLA] HAKLA

I personally love this mode. It's not perfect, but I have a lot of fun. 

Regarding the grind -> yes getting PR10 is a lot of work. But on the other side you only need PR4 to get a premium t8 med which is not a big effort.

PR6 is needed for Emil (not sure if there is a requirement additionally like for the T9), PR8 to get both standard premium t8. Looks not that bad for me honestly... 

Sure, I would like to get both special tanks as well and will try to get PR10. But if not there will be some kind of prem shop deal later on ;). Which is still fair in my opinion.

Secret tip for all not owning a progetto: go for pantera between the FL seasons. Works as good as progetto... :P 

Maisterone #45 Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14329 battles

View Postcv202, on 12 February 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

gun jumping bug is frustrating.

Defending still sucks compared to attacking.

Nice to know its not only me who experiences the gun jumping up on some spots..the bug was also there last year..frustrating when you cant aim at enemies.

____Green____ #46 Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24460 battles
  • [LVPRK] LVPRK

Loool. Ppl wtf?

We got best fun mode where credits falls from sky - just playing for fun.

There is still bunch of bugs, but on vanilla client this time FL runs good.

I think that jumping aim problem hides in refresh rate between client and server. On standart mode there is probably 60-120hz but on FL ~20-30Hz and this causes a small resynchronising with server.

If my guess is correct, maybe WG can add option to chose that refresh rate for ppl who has good gaming rigs if it is technically possible?

edit:

Found on internet that on standart mode tick rate is 20hz.... so maybe FL tick rate is even less and that explains everything

Edited by ____Green____, 13 February 2019 - 11:48 AM.

91tibor #47 Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:59 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45454 battles
  • [MH89] MH89

View PostTheFluffyVehicle, on 13 February 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

it is so cute that you think that this has something to do with a tank saw you! you got spotted with the spotter airplane! it literally gives NO [edited]about your camo

its so cute that u dont know: if the 3 bush cover u in all way (front back and from sky), u will not be spoted.  and maybe 3 or 2 player use that in frontine, Most player use inspire, arty attack or the one what boost the caping. Or u think everyone using airplane to spot? sorry to dissapoint u but its  maybe 1 player/battle. And just to be sure, tried airplane,, it donst spot the enemy udes what was in bushes covered all way, so nice try honey, im not a kid, and not a noob. i check the problems before i say it here.

snuble #48 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35717 battles

7 games, 6 defence, 6 losses. Same two other days, it feels like 9/10 games I get placed on team loss (defence).

8 - defence.

Edited by snuble, 13 February 2019 - 12:08 PM.

Szatanshow #49 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25609 battles
  • [ALION] ALION

Players ignoring  the objectives to grind dmg for prestige - thats what your increased requirements did to this mode WG thx for ruining fun mode

Also rename the mode from Frontline (this is what we got last time) to

Grindline - because this is what you did to it.

Edited by Szatanshow, 13 February 2019 - 12:48 PM.

Homer_J #50 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32425 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I did put my thoughts elsewhere but.

The big map is nice and I like the idea of the format and would play it now and then if it was permanent but...

Having only one map makes it too repetitive and for me the games are too long.  Maybe the pros are making loads of credits but I'm not seeing that, I can make the same in two quick 4min randoms as I do in one drawn out slog in FL.  And I don't need credits anyway, I want to play my tier VI, VII, IX tanks and get them upgraded.  I did use my only regular tier VIII but again felt I would be better off spending the same time in randoms.

The airstrike and artillery consumable need to go.  They are no more than an irritant anyway but an irritating one and a disadvantage to anyone who plays casually since you need a few games to level up the extra consumables.  It's a grind on top of a grind.

The big issue I have this time round though is this.

View Postsnuble, on 13 February 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

With the unique reward tanks you sort of feel forced to partake in the grind. Because that is what it is, a grind.

Why did WG feel the need to persuade people to play the most eagerly awaited game mode ever?  It should live or die on it's own merits, not by people thinking they will get freebies out of it.  Same issue I have with Ranked battles, there should be no need to bribe people to play.

The over popularity of certain tanks is also an issue.  One I could almost overlook if it wasn't for all the other negatives.

BOKSERKITE #51 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34787 battles
  • [BGBRD] BGBRD

View Post____Green____, on 13 February 2019 - 12:24 AM, said:

Make side missions on frontline like:

*Kill 5 tanks in a row.  +1.5% to income

*Collect 2k assist using scout planes in one battle +1,5% to income

*Damage 5 tanks with artystrike in one battle + 1.5% to income

*Longest killstreak without respawn 5 frags +3% to income, next 5 +3%, next 5 +3%. Player keep bonus at fragcount on first death. 7frag killstreak gives +3% to income. 11 frags gives 6%

*Earn 150 capture or decap points +3.5% to income

*Kill same player 3 times +1.5%

*Revenge kill or revenge platoon mate +1%

*Make 10 / 100 / 1000 / 10000 frags on FL mode = emblem / summer special camo / all season camo / super mega unique style (pink unicorn)

*Deal dmg 10k / 100k / 1m / 10m dmg on FL mode = emblem / summer special camo / all season camo / super mega unique style (nyan cat)

wow!! Actually this is amazing feedback from you. I hope someone of the administrators here will handle your ideas to the delevoper staff for approval. If this happens, it could be very rewarding for players who can acctually want to make a win/defense. It will stimulate people and I suppose we will see less camping and even more action.

Edited by BOKSERKITE, 13 February 2019 - 12:44 PM.

RockyRoller #52 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37975 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

FEEDBACK

I don't really know how to word it but there is a awful lot of negative compared to the last Front Line.

As usual I can't figure out why I get far less damage than others, its a combination of more total misses and less damage when I do hit. Also as this effects rank in battle this means my rank is lower at the end than it was last Front Line. Add that to how many groups of 30 ranks you need to get a chance at the last free tanks... its all very depressing.

I have defiantly seen a deliberate miss bias to an SPG, always missing to the left of target. I been watching that for a few games and get better ranks in battle since working against this bias. I also found playing to win is also a disadvantage which is against a spirit of battle. What this means is I now find shooting at everything but heavy's gets the most damage, but its the heavies that cap and so I'm playing to lose as I said but getting a bit more of a rank.

good news was not seeing so many of the unfair advantages although C still has that awful rebuild circle position at the start. But the start is 100% a charge for the cap and the rest fire at defenders taking pot shots wins the start and the attackers have the general advantage there in being closer, but players who are campers tend to throw that away most battles. Attackers and defenders by not going forward for cap or support.

I still prefer FL to random, its more team focused and i like that, but feel its a tad more "worse" in big rewards and minor areas  than the last time it was live. I'd like more bonds, was hoping for them, but :(

FRG_2015 #53 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41420 battles

congrats WG, you did it again. FL become same as random game.  regular tanks are nerfed badly, Emil I can hit maybe 1/8 shots. in 3 games with Emil i hit 6/30 and pen only 4. same with IS3 - 3/12, and no damage block 0 - zero! and the premium tanks spam......progetto and other premium auto loaders - they snapshoot me in weak spot every time, while i miss every single full aimed shot - same as in random battles. and on top off that, again same as in randoms, op teams vs tomatos, no chance to win.

you shoud named it premiumline not frontline. 

i find that pantera is the best non premium tank for FL but it's bad compared to progetto, the rest off regular tanks are very bad!!! 

coud you un-nerf some regular tanks so that regular, non-premium, player can play normaly? - yust kiding, you woud never doo that becouse everthig is working as intended - right!?

View Postsnuble, on 13 February 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

7 games, 6 defence, 6 losses. Same two other days, it feels like 9/10 games I get placed on team loss (defence).

8 - defence.

this,

View PostMaisterone, on 13 February 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

Nice to know its not only me who experiences the gun jumping up on some spots..the bug was also there last year..frustrating when you cant aim at enemies.

and this, 

View PostTroubledFox, on 13 February 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

I’ve watched a couple of streamers playing frontlines, and from what I’ve seen it takes way too much exp to get to the PRESTIGE LEVELS please reduce the amount of exp required to prestige these are good players who get general / major rank and are still taking a lot of time . The GRIND is too much and you would like people to play this every month (FUN MODE) it will soon get old. To get prestige would be like part time /full time job 1 week a month. 

i watched QB playin FL, man, he hits almoust every shot, even behind bildings (when enemy tank is almoust behind cover and QB shoot him, by the time shell gets there the tank is behind cover but QB hits them anyway!!??), pen all tanks, high damage roll while boucing like a boss. he become general in every game (but 1) so easy it's amazing!!

he was the only general in 1 game and the next best player was captain - no mayor  from the rest off 59 players!

it  look like a diferent game than i am playing!! he gets +25 RNG and regular, non paying player, get's -25 RNG all the time -  working as intended!

View PostHomer_J, on 13 February 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

Maybe the pros are making loads of credits but I'm not seeing that, I can make the same in two quick 4min randoms as I do in one drawn out slog in FL. 

and that.

Edited by FRG_2015, 13 February 2019 - 01:50 PM.

Zoggo_ #54 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32035 battles
  • [ZOGGO] ZOGGO

Aiming reticle jumping up.

Too many Progettos, mode needs a hardcap on them as they borderline OP on this map.

Artillery should have no skills available, they already powerful enough.

The tank carousel filters dont save.

Pillboxes seem to have too few a hitpoints now. Often attackers destroy it in seconds before defenders can even respond.  

MM queue should not put you on attacking or defending team more than twice in a row.

Finally... We need more maps !

TheUsualSuspects #55 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 425 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR

View PostVeka26, on 13 February 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

I think spotting airplanes, airstrike, arty strike are cancer in this gamemode. Getting spotted with no enemy within 450 meters, or fully camoed up, and then shot by airstrike or arty is insanely stupid gimmicky and unnecessary addition of luck, RNG and chaos IMO.

Also, winning a game is like a side/quest/mission, its all about ranking up to general, not playing to win. F this gamemode.

Lmao hahahaha

13:43 Added after 2 minutes

View PostFRG_2015, on 13 February 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

congrats WG, you did it again. FL become same as random game.  regular tanks are nerfed badly, Emil I can hit maybe 1/8 shots. in 3 games with Emil i hit 6/30 and pen only 4. same with IS3 - 3/12, and no damage block 0 - zero! and the premium tanks spam......progetto and other premium auto loaders - they snapshoot me in weak spot every time, while i miss every single full aimed shot - same as in random battles. and on top off that, again same as in randoms, op teams vs tomatos, no chance to win.

you shoud named it premiumline not frontline. 

i find that pantera is the best non premium tank for FL but it's bad compared to progetto, the rest off regular tanks are very bad!!! 

coud you un-nerf some regular tanks so that regular, non-premium, player can play normaly? - yust kiding, you woud never doo that becouse everthig is working as intended - right!?

this,

and this, 

i watched QB playin FL, man, he hits almoust every shot, even behind bildings (when enemy tank is almoust behind cover and QB shoot him, by the time shell gets there the tank is behind cover but QB hits them anyway!!??), pen all tanks, high damage roll while boucing like a boss. he become general in every game (but 1) so easy it's amazing!!

he was the only general in 1 game and the next best player was captain - no mayor  from the rest off 59 players!

it  look like a diferent game than i am playing!! he gets +25 RNG and regular, non paying player, get's -25 RNG all the time -  working as intended!

and that.

He has everything premium in his tanks. He probably has spent so much gold on just one tank that you havent spent on your entire account. 

StinkyStonky #56 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34083 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostTroubledFox, on 13 February 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

Is a different map coming?

From my thread that was closed ...

There's been some moaning but I think most people are are actually enjoying FLs again.

One thing that probably is a bit of a negative for most people is the map.  There's nothing particularly wrong with it (sure you can moan that spot X is too weak or too OP) but it's mostly good.  The trouble is there's only one.

OK, so WG could work on another map, sure.  They don't need a genius to think of that for them.  But I've had an idea ....

If they were to design the 9 sections to be like interchangeable jigsaw pieces, then it would be easy for 1 new map (9 tiles) to be randomly configurable to 18 different combinations.

This wouldn't be trivial but the IT guys at WG are quite smart, so it wouldn't be beyond them.

Just Imagine, rather than the map always being like :-

A1 A2 A3
B1 B2 B3
C1 C2 C3

We'd be able to get :-

A3 A1 A2
B1 B3 B2
C3 C2 C1

or

A2 A3 A1
B3 B1 B2
C3 C1 C2

If they did this for multiple maps then the variation could become very significant with very little effort.

____Green____ #57 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24460 battles
  • [LVPRK] LVPRK

played few battles yesterday on tank with standart ammo pen 176mm; 0.38 accuracy. 68shots/51pen

Problem?

Floppy_Lobster #58 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2791 battles
Have played a few games now quite enjoyable, although having arty in this mode that we already have a arty strike option etc in seems a bit daft! I must be doing something wrong as my credits seem to be going down a lot when playing this mode. Still quite a few toxic players spamming in battle and afk players which we can't seem to report? love the 30v30 mode so much going on at once its great hopefully we see a lot more of this kind of mode in the future.:child:

Jamadeus #59 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21230 battles
  • [LOC-A] LOC-A

View PostSzatanshow, on 13 February 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

Also rename the mode from Frontline (this is what we got last time) to

Grindline - because this is what you did to it.

This says it all for me. Frontline was fun in its last iteration - because it was achievable for average players. Not any more.

FijObb #60 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20000 battles
  • [-SIR] -SIR

WG makes Tier 8 useless thanks to MM changes and now they offered mode where only Tier 8 is allowed. 

Problem and solution. 

Not for me. I played once, not interested. Reward are really poor when you compare it to 1st Frontline. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users