Change Refund System | Tank Refunds

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Change Refund System | Tank Refunds (29 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should they change this.

1. Yes. (6 votes [20.69%])

Percentage of vote: 20.69%

2. No, I'ts your choice to buy the tank. (20 votes [68.97%])

Percentage of vote: 68.97%

3. Lol, why would you even spent money on this game.... (3 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

Vote Hide poll

bokbiertjes #1 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3120 battles
  • [F_A_F] F_A_F

Hello,

I bought a tank 5 days ago for 26,59 euro. So I played a matched and it was OK. Then played some more and I couldn't get it work. So I played a total of 35 battles and didn't like it so I wanted a refund. The tank was the M41D btw. So I tried to get a refund and they said I couldn't get a refund because I used it in a battle. I would really like to get the Somua SM instead of the M41D, so by giving me a refund they would actually earn money instead of losing money. They also get a happy customer instead of a customer talking about it on the forums cause its bullcrap. So they should change it you can get a refund if you played less then 50 battles in the tank. Let's be honest whenever you buy a tank the first thing you wanna do is start a battle, and after you started the battle you can't get a refund anymore. Isn't that a bit crappy? Let's say I buy a 40 euro tank and I play 1 battle in it then I can't get a refund anymore cause I used the tank ingame.

Personally, I think they shoudl change it to less then 50 battles instead of just 1. Let me know what you guys think of this and vote if you agree or not.

-bokbiertjes.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68506 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postbokbiertjes, on 13 February 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

Personally, I think they shoudl change it to less then 50 battles instead of just 1. Let me know what you guys think of this and vote if you agree or not.

I suspect that would make it an effective rental system more so then a refund system. They had some fraud issues etc in the past. Thus the 1 battle stance. 

fwhaatpiraat #3 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50913 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Think more before you use the card. There probably are plenty of videos online showing how the tank plays and performs. And as a 'less than great player' you should know that light tanks without armor are really hard to play.
Maybe you can use the trade-in option when that's available.

bokbiertjes #4 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3120 battles
  • [F_A_F] F_A_F

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 13 February 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

Think more before you use the card. There probably are plenty of videos online showing how the tank plays and performs. And as a 'less than great player' you should know that light tanks without armor are really hard to play.
Maybe you can use the trade-in option when that's available.

I know light tanks aren't easy to play but I actually love light tank. I have the WZ-132-1 chinese tier 10 light tank.

Jauhesammutin #5 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22909 battles
  • [KYS] KYS

View Postbokbiertjes, on 13 February 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

Hello,

I bought a tank 5 days ago for 26,59 euro. So I played a matched and it was OK. Then played some more and I couldn't get it work. So I played a total of 35 battles and didn't like it so I wanted a refund. The tank was the M41D btw. So I tried to get a refund and they said I couldn't get a refund because I used it in a battle. I would really like to get the Somua SM instead of the M41D, so by giving me a refund they would actually earn money instead of losing money. They also get a happy customer instead of a customer talking about it on the forums cause its bullcrap. So they should change it you can get a refund if you played less then 50 battles in the tank. Let's be honest whenever you buy a tank the first thing you wanna do is start a battle, and after you started the battle you can't get a refund anymore. Isn't that a bit crappy? Let's say I buy a 40 euro tank and I play 1 battle in it then I can't get a refund anymore cause I used the tank ingame.

-bokbiertjes.

They should have proving grounds for all the premium tanks (like test server). So you could judge a tank before you buy it.

The_Naa #6 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3874 battles
  • [FIN-V] FIN-V

Why not both?

And why did you buy a fast light tank then when you dont like it you want a fat heavy tank. If you would have wanted something like ELC EVEN 90 as a refund, That would make some sense (to me) as you would still be looking for a tier 8 light tank. 

bokbiertjes #7 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3120 battles
  • [F_A_F] F_A_F

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 February 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

I suspect that would make it an effective rental system more so then a refund system. They had some fraud issues etc in the past. Thus the 1 battle stance. 

So then basically all games are a rental system? I can literally buy whatever game and refund it within a couple hours so thats not a good point.
11:56 Added after 0 minutes

View PostThe_Naa, on 13 February 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

Why not both?

And why did you buy a fast light tank then when you dont like it you want a fat heavy tank. If you would have wanted something like ELC EVEN 90 as a refund, That would make some sense (to me) as you would still be looking for a tier 8 light tank. 

I like light tanks... but this one this kinda sucks. I have the WZ-132-1 chinese tier 10 light tank, maybe look at my tanks before judging what I like to play.
11:56 Added after 1 minute

View PostJauhesammutin, on 13 February 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

They should have proving grounds for all the premium tanks (like test server). So you could judge a tank before you buy it.

Yeah, they should.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:57 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

It's of course up to if you like the M41 or not BUT...

• You bought a good tank so didn't really make a mistake there.
  • It's right up your alley since you like Chinese lights.

bokbiertjes #9 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3120 battles
  • [F_A_F] F_A_F

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 13 February 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

It's of course up to if you like the M41 or not BUT...

• You bought a good tank so didn't really make a mistake there.
  • It's right up your alley since you like Chinese lights.

True, I like the tank to train my chinese light tank crew but I don't think its worth the 26 euros.

tajj7 #10 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26422 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

1. You have played 102 games in the Somua SM.

2. You have actually done better in the M41D than the Somua SM.

3. The tank does not 'suck' it's just a light tank that is hard to play and you are not that good in it or any light tank for that matter.

4. There were loads of videos about the tank on youtube, quite a lot of comments about the tank on this very forum and of course you have access to all the stats these days on tanks.gg, all of which should allowed you to have made an informed decision before buying.

5. They gave out 5 game rental codes to people who bought it, so if you had asked on here, then likely you could have tried the tank out for 5 games before you bought it. 

Geno1isme #11 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

General

• Player
  • 44867 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Postbokbiertjes, on 13 February 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

Nope. People would quickly abuse that. The other suggestions here (rental system, prooving grounds) would be much better.

The_Naa #12 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3874 battles
  • [FIN-V] FIN-V

View Postbokbiertjes, on 13 February 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

I like light tanks... but this one this kinda sucks. I have the WZ-132-1 chinese tier 10 light tank, maybe look at my tanks before judging what I like to play.

I noticed. But as you said, you would have wanted a Somua SM as refund for your M41D. BUT as you said you like light tanks, why would you want a heavy tank to replace your light tank? You like light tanks, right? Why you dont want something like a ELC EVEN 90 as a refund? Its a light tank so in your case it would make much more sense to trade that M41D to a ELC EVEN 90. :unsure:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:11 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31208 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

No, I'm with WG on this one. If you aren't sure a tank is for you then there is either the test server for 'try before you buy' or if it's not available there either then do your research properly first. There's always plenty of youtube/reviews around any new tank that gets released so you can literally see it in action.

bokbiertjes #14 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3120 battles
  • [F_A_F] F_A_F

View Posttajj7, on 13 February 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

1. You have played 102 games in the Somua SM.

2. You have actually done better in the M41D than the Somua SM.

3. The tank does not 'suck' it's just a light tank that is hard to play and you are not that good in it or any light tank for that matter.

4. There were loads of videos about the tank on youtube, quite a lot of comments about the tank on this very forum and of course you have access to all the stats these days on tanks.gg, all of which should allowed you to have made an informed decision before buying.

5. They gave out 5 game rental codes to people who bought it, so if you had asked on here, then likely you could have tried the tank out for 5 games before you bought it. 

1. I had the Somua SM as a rental tank for 7 days.

2. Obviously i've done better in the M41D since I only plyed 35 battles in it and 102 battles in the Somua SM, and when I had the rental code for the Somua SM I sucked even more then now.

3. Well no you're wrong.

4. I looked at all of that and it seemed good so I bought it and it didn't turn out good for me.

5. Probably I wouldn't get it but ok.

12:12 Added after 0 minutes

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 13 February 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

No, I'm with WG on this one. If you aren't sure a tank is for you then there is either the test server for 'try before you buy' or if it's not available there either then do your research properly first. There's always plenty of youtube/reviews around any new tank that gets released so you can literally see it in action.

Test server closed and I did research and it seemed good but didn't turn out good for me. So please don't judge before you say something lol

Edited by bokbiertjes, 13 February 2019 - 01:12 PM.

AliceUnchained #15 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:13 PM

General

• Player
  • 38887 battles
  • [322] 322

Seriously... A.) stop spamming the gameplay section with all this nonsense, B.) do some proper research before buying something, and C.) read the fine print. You wanted to make a claim for something you are not eligible to, then complain about not getting what you want even though you have no right to it, and then want to have the rules changed after the fact to suit your specific needs/demand. A millennial cry baby if ever I saw one.

And you're not talking on the forum about something that is bull crap, your talking is the bull crap.

bokbiertjes #16 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3120 battles
  • [F_A_F] F_A_F

View PostThe_Naa, on 13 February 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

I noticed. But as you said, you would have wanted a Somua SM as refund for your M41D. BUT as you said you like light tanks, why would you want a heavy tank to replace your light tank? You like light tanks, right? Why you dont want something like a ELC EVEN 90 as a refund? Its a light tank so in your case it would make much more sense to trade that M41D to a ELC EVEN 90. :unsure:

I don't even have the ELC EVEN 90 and I would never buy it. I want the somua since it makes lots of free xp and credits. I've had it for a week rental. And yes I like light tank but that doesn't mean every tank I have, has to be a light tank right?
12:16 Added after 1 minute

View PostAliceUnchained, on 13 February 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

Seriously... A.) stop spamming the gameplay section with all this nonsense, B.) do some proper research before buying something, and C.) read the fine print. You wanted to make a claim for something you are not eligible to, then complain about not getting what you want even though you have no right to it, and then want to have the rules changed after the fact to suit your specific needs/demand. A millennial cry baby if ever I saw one.

And you're not talking on the forum about something that is bull crap, your talking is the bull crap.

A. Uhh no i'm pretty sure the forums is to help people.

B. I did, read previous comments *edited*

C. Uhh no, I would never do that for you.

*edited*

Edited by Daxeno, 13 February 2019 - 05:07 PM.
Inappropriate remarks.

Homer_J #17 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postbokbiertjes, on 13 February 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

Personally, I think they shoudl change it to less then 50 battles instead of just 1.

50 battles? lol, I would never have to buy a premium tank again.

View Postbokbiertjes, on 13 February 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

I want the somua since it makes lots of free xp and credits. I've had it for a week rental. 

Didn't you get the special offer discount after the rental?  I've had one for every rental tank I've had.  It comes in at not much more than you paid for the M41D.

Your best bet is to wait for the next trade in event and get half your money back, which for a used pixel tank seems a good deal to me.

jabster #18 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12615 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
If you get past that the details of the OP are, well a bit rubbish, then the basic premise doesn’t seem that bad. Limit the period to a lot less games, check for abuse of the system and even charge say 10% to cover WG’s cost.

_Sensation_ #19 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8719 battles
  • [AVOID] AVOID

Can you imagine that 98% of players would do this with 98% of their premium tanks?

WG then needs all their employees to do this refund BS and can't work on anything else related to the game.

Just no, it's obvious why they cant give you a refund and you know that you cant get your money back as soon as you buy the vehicle (You click on an agreement that says in exchange for instant delivery of the goods your right of refund is gone) 

Homer_J #20 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjabster, on 13 February 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

If you get past that the details of the OP are, well a bit rubbish, then the basic premise doesn’t seem that bad. Limit the period to a lot less games, check for abuse of the system and even charge say 10% to cover WG’s cost.

If you are going to do that then to save all the hassle of giving refunds just make it a rental system.  Make it for real money only but you get gold/money off if you later purchase the tank.

I've got 34 premiums with less than 50 battles.  Nine with 5 battles or less. That's not counting the ones I got for free (including Defender and Lorraine).  If I could get 5 battles for 10% of the full price then that's all I would ever do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users