Jump to content


Frontline Sucks


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

TheUsualSuspects #1 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:31 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 419 battles
  • 21
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR
  • Member since:
    02-07-2019

Why.

 

Players camp obvious positions innorder to farm dmg. They dont dont if it is won or lost. Only farm dmg.

 

You dont earn more credits compared to randoms. That is a effing legend. 

 

Sucks because offers very few differences compared to randoms 



signal11th #2 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:38 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 39394 battles
  • 6,113
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011

View PostTheUsualSuspects, on 13 February 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

Why.

 

Players camp obvious positions innorder to farm dmg. They dont dont if it is won or lost. Only farm dmg.

 

You dont earn more credits compared to randoms. That is a effing legend. 

 

Sucks because offers very few differences compared to randoms 

 

Frontlines isn't about winning or losing as it doesn't mean anything if you do, it;s all about damage/capping this is why if you are defending you should actually let them cap a few times to increase the time limit so you can farm more. The longer the game goes on for the more chance you get of getting General rank which ranks you up quicker on the levels.. 

Edited by signal11th, 13 February 2019 - 01:40 PM.


TankkiPoju #3 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:45 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21624 battles
  • 6,687
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostTheUsualSuspects, on 13 February 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

You dont earn more credits compared to randoms. That is a effing legend. 

 

It's quite close. Especially if there is an even going on in normal randoms where you can earn consumables which are often worth 10k each. Frontline just feels like earning faster, because you play lot fewer games because they last longer.

 

But just grinding credits is bit boring, so Frontlines is a nice change to that.

 


Edited by TankkiPoju, 13 February 2019 - 01:46 PM.


Homer_J #4 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • 32,784
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postsignal11th, on 13 February 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

 

Frontlines isn't about winning or losing as it doesn't mean anything if you do, it;s all about damage/capping this is why if you are defending you should actually let them cap a few times to increase the time limit so you can farm more. The longer the game goes on for the more chance you get of getting General rank which ranks you up quicker on the levels.. 

 

Which is just plain wrong.  It should be about giving the most crushing defeat possible to the other team.

signal11th #5 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:48 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 39394 battles
  • 6,113
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 13 February 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

 

Which is just plain wrong.  It should be about giving the most crushing defeat possible to the other team.

 

I seriously hope you're trolling.. 

Xaneleon #6 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 22601 battles
  • 1,022
  • Member since:
    01-09-2013
Zooming around in my Lynx is amazing fun

Homer_J #7 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:53 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • 32,784
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postsignal11th, on 13 February 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

 

I seriously hope you're trolling.. 

 

No.

 

It shouldn't be about some mega grind to a free tank.

 

It should be fun in it's own right.

 

Dealing a crushing defeat to your enemies is the most fun.

 

I love me a 15:0 in randoms too. :izmena: 



BR33K1_PAWAH #8 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:57 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4874 battles
  • 1,062
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018
:popcorn:

AngelofAwe #9 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:08 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • 3,185
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-24-2011
It sure speeds up my T8 grinds though!

Victory!
Battle: Normandie 
Vehicles: Panhard AML Lynx 6x6, P.44 Pantera
Experience received: 21 595
Credits earned: 164 975
Battle achievements: Iron Shield, General of the Army, Small Army

antwerp_fighter #10 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 41651 battles
  • 245
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    01-29-2015

well, it depends on what you need...

 

Win or lose only affects exp and credit, and it has nothing to do with points to promote, and to get rank of general, you just need farming dmg and cap...

 

for myself, I play FL for the prestige, not for grinding, so it is OK for me...I dont really care win or loss...(I was quite happy to have a 14k dmg FL game yesterday, in a loss game)

 



Homer_J #11 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • 32,784
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostAngelofAwe, on 13 February 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

It sure speeds up my T8 grinds though!

Victory!
Battle: Normandie 
Vehicles: Panhard AML Lynx 6x6, P.44 Pantera
Experience received: 21 595
Credits earned: 164 975
Battle achievements: Iron Shield, General of the Army, Small Army

 

Bully for you.  I have not seen anything like that.  I'm better off time wise in randoms.

 

Hang on that's not 21k on one tank.  That's 21k between two tanks, taking the time it takes for about five random battles.  Not worth it.



Azgabast #12 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:20 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19006 battles
  • 261
  • Member since:
    08-19-2012

It's true that there's not much difference if you win or lose.

I must admit that I'm not earning too many credits, though I'm not trying to do this either. My haves have netted ~50-70k each (with 2-4 tanks usually).

I'm just in it for the Emil. I'll try to push at least 2 prestige levels this time around, then take it easy. Then it's back to randoms ^^.

 

However, being such a big map gives you easier chances at flanking. I've almost never loaded gold rounds in this game mode (another reason being that there are not so many heavies).

 

Try to have fun as you can. Use those special powers. I've skipped them for now but I think I should buy some today. Play in a platoon even and try to get those special medals.

If it's not fun or you don't have a specific objective, go back to your own objectives :). For me, this new Emil is the only thing that got me back, else I'd be nolifing in another game ^^.



WidBTK #13 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Clan Commander
  • 21882 battles
  • 164
  • [D-T-B] D-T-B
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011
Frontline is good for a change, but they should do something about spawnkilling

StuffKnight #14 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32844 battles
  • 956
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
  • Member since:
    06-09-2011
They've definitely managed to f**k up some areas of the map since last time. I don't remember it being so tedious with so much camping on both sides.

AngelofAwe #15 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:46 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • 3,185
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-24-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 13 February 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

 

Bully for you.  I have not seen anything like that.  I'm better off time wise in randoms.

 

Hang on that's not 21k on one tank.  That's 21k between two tanks, taking the time it takes for about five random battles.  Not worth it.

 

I'm grinding both tanks so it's 21k effective exp to me in 26 minutes.
Considering I'd average 1,5k (with premium and exp boosters) per battle in randoms it's far far more efficient.

Not to mention I make large profits as well and don't have to fight against tier 10s. 

TheCrazyViking #16 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:52 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 4317 battles
  • 35
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011
The incentives are entirely perverted. You are penalized for trying to win by taking risks and capping, or pushing across enemy territory in order to cap that next flag. While you are rewarded for sitting in a Progretto 46 across the map on the hill for 20 minutes and maximizing your damage, regardless if win or draw. Wargaming I encourage you to make capping extremely valuable to the point where we see 5-6 heavies rolling into the cap circle from both teams at start.

AngelofAwe #17 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:55 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • 3,185
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-24-2011

View PostTheCrazyViking, on 13 February 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

The incentives are entirely perverted. You are penalized for trying to win by taking risks and capping, or pushing across enemy territory in order to cap that next flag. While you are rewarded for sitting in a Progretto 46 across the map on the hill for 20 minutes and maximizing your damage, regardless if win or draw. Wargaming I encourage you to make capping extremely valuable to the point where we see 5-6 heavies rolling into the cap circle from both teams at start.

 

Capping is incredibly valuable, people just don't understand it.
Capping a zone basically raises you by a whole rank instantly. It's how I farm the majority of my points, cap and defense. 

Homer_J #18 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • 32,784
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostAngelofAwe, on 13 February 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

 

Considering I'd average 1,5k (with premium and exp boosters) per battle in randoms it's far far more efficient.
 

No daily double in FL.

 

I have not managed a FL session without using at least 3 tanks and the most I've got on one has been the equivalent of a good daily double.

And I only have one current tier 8 tech tree tank so I'm playing 30 minutes to get a daily double on one tank and some crew training on two premiums.

 

Like I said, great for you that you get such good results but you are unrealistically raising expectations for us plebs.



TheCrazyViking #19 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:22 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 4317 battles
  • 35
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View PostAngelofAwe, on 13 February 2019 - 02:55 PM, said:

 

Capping is incredibly valuable, people just don't understand it.
Capping a zone basically raises you by a whole rank instantly. It's how I farm the majority of my points, cap and defense. 

 

EXP is shared. So if I drive with my heavy tank to rush the cap circle, and its clear. Then my entire team of 5-6 autoloaders will join the cap circle and I get much less exp despite taking all the risk initially. Its very flawed.

tajj7 #20 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 26422 battles
  • 14,137
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

It's an optional mode, so if you don't like it, don't play it, we don't need threads like this on the forums.

 

Oh and whether the credit income is or is not better than randoms, what it is a far more enjoyable place to grind credits than tier 8 randoms because you don't get constant tier 10 games and you use far less premium ammo.  






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users