Simply solution for all cheats in this game for WG

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

PabloGee #1 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:17 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30230 battles
  • [5TAR5] 5TAR5

I don't know any other online game that allowing players to use mods to gain advantage against other players.

I know WG you are masters in your job but please listen here is a solution for cheating problem in this game :

Remove all mods from this game. Just ban them all. Stop wasting you time for mods HUB - its literally waste of money. 20 000 players will leave becosue they can not cheat anymore ? Who cares. 

50 000 will come back with fair and clear policy. This game is corrupted by cheaters. Good player bad players doens't matter. The most of them are cheating.

Ban XVM - it only causing frustration for bad players - they are beeing abused in many games. Good players are XVM focused. Try to have 2500 wn8 and play random against 3 arties.

fwhaatpiraat #2 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50913 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I'm using 'lead skill mod' and 'map awareness mod' for years and still not caught lol.

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:32 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40333 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I concur - vanilla is best:)

HaZardeur #4 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35403 battles

View PostPabloGee, on 13 February 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

This game is corrupted by cheaters. Good player bad players doens't matter. The most of them are cheating.

Care to provide evidence ?

PabloGee #5 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30230 battles
  • [5TAR5] 5TAR5

View PostHaZardeur, on 13 February 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

Care to provide evidence ?

30000 accounts already banned for at least 7 days while another waiting ?

Isn't it alarming for you ?

eekeeboo #6 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:58 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45924 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE
And all the mods that don't have anything to do with gameplay? Or mods that lead to the huge improvements in UI and Quality of life like detection circles on the minimap or the alternative SPG view? Multi-lined carousel in the garage? 

Balc0ra #7 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68506 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Simple solution? You do know how mod support works in this game right? Before the mod portal, or before the res_mod folder. We just tossed mods right into the res folder, overwriting the original file. And most mods can work like that today. Inc sound mods, sight mods and most map most etc. Or even garage mods. As res_mod and the mod folder was just added to make it easy to roll the client back if the mod did not work.

So unless you have a valid solution to that too. Removing and "banning" them won't do anything.

View PostPabloGee, on 13 February 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

30000 accounts already banned for at least 7 days while another waiting ?

Isn't it alarming for you ?

2500 this time around and 935 on a perma ban is not exactly a massive portion of the population. Idk where you got 30K from. And some of those got banned for smaller mods that don't do much, but are still illegal. Not just aim bots alone etc.

But then again, do you notice this when playing is the big question. Cus honestly. I can't tell the difference.

View Posteekeeboo, on 13 February 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

And all the mods that don't have anything to do with gameplay? Or mods that lead to the huge improvements in UI and Quality of life like detection circles on the minimap or the alternative SPG view? Multi-lined carousel in the garage? 

Well some of those are already made vanilla, and that's good. But still no non elite filter in the garage. Only mod I use still tbh.

Edited by Balc0ra, 13 February 2019 - 08:01 PM.

PabloGee #8 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30230 battles
  • [5TAR5] 5TAR5

View Posteekeeboo, on 13 February 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

How complicated is for WG to implement it to the game ? 1 week?

OMG_Abaddon #9 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9451 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

There are only a few mods I consider worth, because they should be part of the game:

1. YasenKrasen mods that tell me in garage how much XP for my next modules without having to open research, my daily performance (credits earned and spent), and tell me during a match when a game has finished from other tanks.

2. Auto-equip crew and basic equipment in the garage.

3. Show me how many players I spotted during the match, along with damage, support, and block. Spots should be there.

4. Customize battle pane with permanent life bars and arab numbers for tiers. Also background colors for tank types (I personally like red for HT, green for LT, etc.).

Oh please and remove stats from casual matches, literally nobody cares about that, and green players and above abuse that to use their team as meat shields to pad their stats and claim they're good because they have WN8 lifetime blah bluh.

EDIT: I forgot games where you can use mods that make you better:

- Any Counter-Strike game except Global Offensive, namely small weapon skins and sniper rifles with laser sight to make up for no crosshair.

- Dawn of War 1 games - infinite zoom mod.

- Warcraft 3: Warkeys with custom inventory keys.

- Diablo 2: Maphack. Technically illegal, but everyone used that, and bots.

- PUBG and Fortnite: Macros for no recoil, only hacks were not allowed.

Edited by OMG_Abaddon, 13 February 2019 - 08:22 PM.

Jigabachi #10 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPabloGee, on 13 February 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

All of them? Including naked underage anime girl skins for tanks and 10 different world time clocks in the garage?

You have to differentiate between mods that grant an advantage and those that don't. And I doubt that there are that many left on the portal that do, with XVM being the most used one.

Edited by Jigabachi, 14 February 2019 - 12:07 AM.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68506 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 13 February 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

There are only a few mods I consider worth, because they should be part of the game:

1. YasenKrasen mods that tell me in garage how much XP for my next modules without having to open research, my daily performance (credits earned and spent), and tell me during a match when a game has finished from other tanks.

2. Auto-equip crew and basic equipment in the garage.

3. Show me how many players I spotted during the match, along with damage, support, and block. Spots should be there.

4. Customize battle pane with permanent life bars and arab numbers for tiers. Also background colors for tank types (I personally like red for HT, green for LT, etc.).

1: They kinda have that already. Tho it only works when it wants to. As in at the post-battle results with done missions etc. It shows crew if they got or are close to a new skill. Or how many games you need for the next module. Tho that last one is when it feels like it. 

2: Tbh... would not say no to that. 

3: That's already there. You can show notifications for first spots etc. And basically, get a tally for how many first spots you have. Damage blocked, assist and damage done can be shown. Tho mostly off by default. Check your settings, then go to battle notifications, and the log and battle events. Make sure details are set to always and for all notifications. Then you should get all that info shown.

4: Tho not something I need or want personally. As I go by tank names alone. More ways to customize the team panels would indeed not be the worst idea. 

View PostPabloGee, on 13 February 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

Making it and testing it are two different things. As it can take longer to test then make it. As we all know what happened the last time they added something to the UI without testing. Then again.. as I said. It won't matter as long as I can still add mods directly to res overwriting the original files. As that's how the core game engine is built up.

Edited by Balc0ra, 13 February 2019 - 08:31 PM.

eekeeboo #12 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:30 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45924 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

View PostPabloGee, on 13 February 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

To truly answer this and for you to understand I ask you to look up python coding and then look at how the code and change would affect other parts of the game files. Now think about just how much bigger WoT would become. 

Gremlin182 #13 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:54 PM

General

• Player
  • 51738 battles

Problem is every single player has a different idea as to what should be in the game.

So when someone suggests one or two mods that they think are fine loads will disaggree with them.

There are players who want no mods of any kind even if it has nothing to do with gameplay like a clock in the garage.

Others are happy with more.

So leave it to those who made the game to set the level and play or not as you wish.

mazur131313 #14 Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 56703 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
Idiotic idea. Thx to mods we have improved minimap,time rld, dmg counter in standard client and many many more . No mods = no improvments from WG, thats reality.

Homer_J #15 Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPabloGee, on 13 February 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

Remove all mods from this game.

This old chestnut.

Do you know why this won't work?

It will stop all mods (maybe, actually doubtful but maybe) but cheats will always find a way to cheat.  Either they will modify game code directly like mods used to or they will move the cheats outside the game code like every other game which ever existed.

Then you get in a never ending war between cheats and something like Punkbuster or VAC, neither of which were ever very effective when I played games "protected" by them.  You could tell when someone was headshotting with a pistol from across the map and getting 100% hit rate.  

Dorander #16 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:15 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18688 battles

View PostPabloGee, on 13 February 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

I don't know any other online game that allowing players to use mods to gain advantage against other players.

This says more about you than about any games.

Modability exists to create an "advantage" to other players and moddable games have existed for over two decades easily. Mods can ALWAYS be defined as advantageous because they present client-side information in a matter that gives an advantage to the user that chose to have them displayed this way.

Here's the most important bit of information you need to know: No mod that can be called merely a mod and not a cheat, has the ability to display information on your screen that your client does not receive. This is why warpack, tundra and such are impossible to block by a technical solution, your client NEEDS this information for the game to function. What these mods do is use information that your client is getting, in order to provide systematic information that you wouldn't have had otherwise. They don't gather extra information, they just track it better than you would.

The level of modability of your client is unrelated to this information. Wargaming has made this client modable so that we can decide how information that we are supposed to have is displayed on our screens. No matter the modability of the program, ANY information that is sent to the client can be used to systematically display information in order to track it better than you would. If the client actually sends back critical information you could even modify this information, all you need is to identify the correct variables in the coding and change the value. This is the basic principle on which programs like CheatEngine work. ALL client-side information is vulnerable, which is why in WoT, all critical calculations (such as penvalue, damagerolls etc.) happen server-side and not client-side.

The rest of the non-critical information that nonetheless needs to be relayed to the client (such as objects breaking which cause a render client-side or a shot angle which cause an explosion-render client-side) need to be sent to the client so you can see what is going on. And if you can see what is going on, a mod can see what is going on. This is no more complex than translating the render back from visual effects to code (or hooking into the code required to make the render in the first place). Simply put, if you can see it, a mod can see it. Whether the client is modable inherently by developer design or merely by third party design doesn't effect this significantly (it's marginally easier regarding APIs and scripts but no challenge for a serious cheater).

TANKOPPRESSION #17 Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44472 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
I think the biggest cheats are wargaming .net :(

Hedgehog1963 #18 Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:25 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 52113 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View Posteekeeboo, on 13 February 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

The question here is why aren't these part of the game client?  Obviously people want them. 

Makotti #19 Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14950 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

"We don't need electricity ! Candlelight is just fine !"

"Car, what a nonsense. Horse carriage is enough for anyone"

And et cetera. If you don't want to use mods, it's fine but if somebody wants to use them, let them use. It's good that WG is now banning offences, IMHO cheater problem has never been big in this game: server side calculations and rather large RNG-factor helps with aimbots and such. Cheats that give clear advantage are usually for better players, how many red Steves can really benefit for tundra and broken objects ?

The vanilla client is at rather good shape now. Give it crew & eq auto return, Aslain tank icons at players panel (colored by tank class) and XVM game stats, then for me there would be little reason to install modpacks again.

HugSeal #20 Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:31 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

Ahh, another OP that has put zero thught into a suggestion but hey, it sounds nice.

You just suggested a way to ban all non cheaty mods while doing nothing about cheaty mods. Great idea.

Edited by HugSeal, 14 February 2019 - 06:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users