changing the Public test to normal game

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

IC_King #1 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3893 battles

hi guys

i have downloaded the Public test but now Iv decided to play original game (normal Game)

is there any way not to download the game again ??

i mean is there any way to turn the public test to normal game content (because the largest part of game is the res folder with the packages content )

so can anyone help me ?

Gremlin182 #2 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:04 PM

General

• Player
  • 51968 battles

when you download the installer for the public test it installs into its own folder Games World_of_Tanks_ CT

Unless you changed that and overwrote your main game installation there should be no problem it should still be intact at Games World_of_Tanks.

What may have happened is that it has changed your shortcut to the game replacing it with one for the test.

Look on your hard drive fine the games folder if the game is there open it find WoTLauncher.exe

Right click on it and choose create shortcut then move that shortcut to wherever you want to run the game from.

Mine is on the desktop.

Homer_J #3 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30437 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostIC_King, on 13 February 2019 - 07:56 PM, said:

i mean is there any way to turn the public test to normal game content

I doubt it but you could try editing the version file then downloading the regular installer and doing a repair.  It will probably then download the whole game again, or worse if it's like it used to be the repair downloads uncompressed versions of the files and you end up with an even bigger download.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users