XVM 101

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

Poll: XVM in WoT (257 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should XVM be banned ?

1. Yes (170 votes [66.15%])

Percentage of vote: 66.15%

2. No (87 votes [33.85%])

Percentage of vote: 33.85%

If you said yes, then why (few options i could thnk of)?

1. I got stat-shamed. (9 votes [3.50%])

Percentage of vote: 3.50%

2. I'm a purplecum who gets focused 24/7 (38 votes [14.79%])

Percentage of vote: 14.79%

3. It gives somehow an unfair advantage (86 votes [33.46%])

Percentage of vote: 33.46%

4. ??? (31 votes [12.06%])

Percentage of vote: 12.06%

5. I said NO! (93 votes [36.19%])

Percentage of vote: 36.19%

Vote Hide poll

_Boujee_ #1 Posted 14 February 2019 - 11:46 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14267 battles

Yo fellas, 

After reading through the fair play policy topic, i noticed that a lotta ppl want the XVM banned. Not only is this claim baseless, but also stupid. Why ?

Xvm helps to develop some helathy habits.

A lot of mediocre players using XVM take great/unicum players as an example and do stuff like pushing flanks, taking good possitions etc. that helps the team and themselves. Sometimes a good player can tell others what to do in order to win if he sees that his team doesnt play well. Without XVM, mediocre players wouldnt know who they should listen to/follow.

Stat-shaming is overrated.

What I noticed is that the majority of stat shamers are trash themselves. These are mostly players between 1000-1600 wn8 who are insecure about their stats and harass others to feel better. Good players, those whose opinion you should care about, harass less often, and if they do, they rather use your gameplay as the reference point.

Unfair advantage ?

Explain please cuz I dont really [edited]see how it could give some kind of edge over your opponent.

Thx in advantage,

Boujee

Edited by _Boujee_, 14 February 2019 - 12:32 PM.

Signal11th #2 Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41545 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

Yo fellas, 

After reading through the fair play policy topic, i noticed that a lotta ppl want the XVM banned. Not only is this claim baseless, but also stupid. Why ?

A lot of mediocre players using XVM take great/unicum players as an example and do stuff like pushing flanks, taking good possitions etc. that helps the team and themselves. Sometimes a good player can tell others what to do in order to win if he sees that his team doesnt play well. Without XVM, mediocre players wouldnt know who they should listen to/follow.

What I noticed is that the majority of stat shamers are trash themselves. These are mostly players between 1000-1600 wn8 who are insecure about their stats and harass others to feel better. Good players, those whose opinion you should care about, harass less often, and if they do, they rather use your gameplay as the reference point.

Unfair advantage ?

Explain please cuz I dont really [edited]see how it could give some kind of edge over your opponent.

Thx in advantage,

Boujee

My only issue with XVM is it shouldn't be allowed when someone is in a battle, in the garage fine, on a webpage fine but when I'm fighting in a game why do you think it's acceptable for any one to know how good or bad a player is?  For opposing reasons both are bad, if I'm a good player I can see the guy in front is a veggie and I can just rinse him and move on, if I'm a bad player I can see the guy is good and I can either run away or ask for help or do the weird bad player thing of yoloing straight into the good player because they think they have no other choice.. This by it's own definition is acquiring information that the vanilla game doesn't give you. 

You should be treating all players the same when you encounter then not what some mod tells you to think. I treat all players I see in the game as better players than me because I use no mods so I go with worst case scenario. 

It's pretty much the definition of an unfair advantage because you have information I don't have, Don't start on the "but you can use it as well line"

Not that it happens as much as people think but it does occasionally, an arty player can use XVM to single out one player he thinks is the best instead of focussing on what's the tanks causing the most problems.

If it was up to me I would have XVM banned and clan names removed from random battles as well.

I used to use XVM to do exactly the things I mention above, well apart from the clicker bit because I have two hands and a few braincells.

Edited by signal11th, 14 February 2019 - 12:43 PM.

TheUsualSuspects #3 Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 425 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR
Remove xvm from live battles. Give players the ability to hide their stats from live battles. In the garage you can do whatever you want.

tajj7 #4 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27246 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

Very few people actually do this, and this could be done after battle as well, see some do well in game, watch the replay, follow them around see what they do.

It's often counter productive as well, I've seen half a team follow unicums around when their tanks are unsuited to where that players is going, the position doesn't need that many people and they can't pull of the plays anyway. 

Plus a lot of players are jealous/bitter of better players and are just toxic to them and wouldn't ever listen to them. 

Block Quote

This maybe true but its doesn't make it a good thing, and as I said good players often receive a lot of toxicity based on just their stats, 'stats padder' 're-roll', 'hacker', 'gold spammer', 'cheater' etc. etc. are seen in games directed at players who are highly rated on XVM before they have even done anything in game.

You say it yourself really, why do we need preemptive toxicity? Surely its better to at least reduce it down to later in game when people perform poorly or are frustrated etc. rather than it literally happening from the get go because people have seen certain ratings and colours.

Block Quote

Unfair advantage ?

Pretty simple really, you have information only available through the mod that others do not have and that information can be used to an advantage.

For example, obviously XVM focus is a problem with XVM, people and particularly arty can only focus those better players because of the information the mod provides, its well accepted that removing the best player from the enemy team is advantageous and that advantage is obtained through only the mod. 

You of course also don't highlight the other issues the mod causes.

The two main ones being XVM focus, people being unfairly griefed just because of a mod that gives out information players should not have.

And the suiciding, where players drown or kill themselves at the start of the game just because their team is bad on XVM or the winchance is low, or if they don't suicide they are toxic to the team and don't bother playing for the team, like go camp in base in their top tier heavy.

In game XVM stats brings next to nothing good to the game IMO and brings a lot of bad things to the game, a lot of toxicity and bad play the mod is directly responsible for, it provides unfair advantages which basically makes it a cheat mod and it allows unfair XVM focusing. 

Which is why IMO it needs to go and is why WG are looking into removing stats and nickname options for players. 

_Boujee_ #5 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14267 battles

View Postsignal11th, on 14 February 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

It's pretty much the definition of an unfair advantage because you have information I don't have, Don't start on the "but you can use it as well line"

So according to this logic, hit markers and weakspot zones, which are legal, should be banned cuz they give me info you dont have? From wot official page:

1. Mods that do provide a gameplay advantage, but one that we believe contributes to the game in a positive way. In the short term, we’ll treat these as good mods, and we will look to implement them into the vanilla client in the future.

12:11 Added after 1 minute

View Posttajj7, on 14 February 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

Very few people actually do this, and this could be done after battle as well,

After its lost, ofc

Edited by _Boujee_, 14 February 2019 - 01:11 PM.

Signal11th #6 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41545 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

So according to this logic, hit markers and weakspot zones, which are legal, should be banned cuz they give me info you dont have? From wot official page:

1. Mods that do provide a gameplay advantage, but one that we believe contributes to the game in a positive way. In the short term, we’ll treat these as good mods, and we will look to implement them into the vanilla client in the future.

Pretty much, When the game was released a lot of mods were needed because the vanilla game didn't include much needed stuff, these days pretty much most of it is included already in the game. If it was up to me I would ban all mods. IIRC didn't cigarette companies say smoking was good for you as well? Just because it's written down doesn't mean it's correct or truthful. Back in the day mods were needed these days they are mostly already in the game and in truth make people lazy. My weak spots I can hide from you, my stats.. well I can't do anything about that.

Edited by signal11th, 14 February 2019 - 01:14 PM.

_Boujee_ #7 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14267 battles

And the suiciding, where players drown or kill themselves at the start of the game just because their team is bad on XVM or the winchance is low, or if they don't suicide they are toxic to the team and don't bother playing for the team, like go camp in base in their top tier heavy.

In my entire wot adventure I have never seen such a thing, maybe its a low tier issue ? Top tier camping heavies most of the times are just bobs without XVM who have no clue about the game.

Jigabachi #8 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

Unfair advantage ?

Explain please cuz I dont really [edited]see how it could give some kind of edge over your opopponent.

Maybe think about it for 5 seconds? If it still doesn't click, use the search function and read some of the other 6388 threads about XVM, it got discussed back and forth many times.

ThinGun #9 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38044 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

Yo fellas, 

Unfair advantage ?

Thx in advantage,

Boujee

Have to agree with you.  

Healthy habits:
Using XVM to identify players on your team to emulate.  Or those you probably can't rely on.  

Having a fair idea whether to be aggressive or defensive when the game starts.

Stam shaming:
Yeah it happens.  Grown ups just laugh it off.  If XVM wasn't around, then there's plenty of other ways to be be abused.  Removing XVM won't remove toxicity, it'll just change the favour.

Unfair advantage:
There are a thousand ways that people can have advantage in this game - prammo, better camo, trained crew, training clan, elite platoon etc etc.  Use of XVM is just another advantage, IMO.

There's lots of flak about 'XVM targeting'.  Not sure it's real or perceived - frankly when I'm playing, I don't have the time to check on someone's ability when they are swinging their turret to fire at me.  I base my decisions on the tank I'm facing, the location, my team mates' positions, how much ammo I have, how quickly I can move etc etc.  One thing I NEVER consider is 'what colour are they?'.  

_Boujee_ #10 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14267 battles

View Posttajj7, on 14 February 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

This maybe true but its doesn't make it a good thing, and as I said good players often receive a lot of toxicity based on just their stats, 'stats padder' 're-roll', 'hacker', 'gold spammer', 'cheater' etc. etc. are seen in games directed at players who are highly rated on XVM before they have even done anything in game.

Blaming all the toxicity in this game on XVM, lovely. Toxicity caused by xvm is the least in my experience.

Signal11th #11 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41545 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

In my entire wot adventure I have never seen such a thing, maybe its a low tier issue ? Top tier camping heavies most of the times are just bobs without XVM who have no clue about the game.

The issue will be, you like XVM you see it as useful so you have a need for any anti xvm comments to be either not answered or rebuffed with logic or ignored completely because it won't fit your narrative, You will get the usual suspects (almost nearly 99% bad players) who say this doesn't happen or that doesn't happen and because you can get an advantage or toxicity from somewhere else it means we should just all ignore it because hey why not.  edit  *one just appeared*

It causes the lion share of toxicity in the game and anyone who tells you otherwise is plainly got an agenda or doesn't know what they are talking about.

Edited by signal11th, 14 February 2019 - 01:21 PM.

Isharial #12 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22110 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I don't care about people caring about their stats etc.. I don't care if you want to have a gold tank or one with anime girls on it. what I do care about is getting information about another player that you wouldn't otherwise get. 

if we take Lakeville town as an example, equal tier heavies. a 1 on 1 so to speak. if you know that both of you are equal players your going to make different choices than if you knew it was a bad player or a unicum. all 3 situations make you change how you play, but a "vanilla" player would not know the enemy is any of those things and must simply assume what said player can do judging by the battle prior to that encounter. 

they would push a unicum thinking its not one, and die, whereas having XVM, you would play differently.

that alone is why XVM should be a banned mod. it influences your play. 

the toxicity is pretty bad but show me a game that isn't?

tajj7 #13 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27246 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

1. Mods that do provide a gameplay advantage, but one that we believe contributes to the game in a positive way

See there is the problem, XVM provides a gameplay advantage and not one that contributes to the game in a positive way, that gameplay advantage is used for griefing and being toxic more often than not. 

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

Happens quite a lot and at higher tiers, people complain about their teams based on XVM in the team chat all the time, not all of them suicide of course, but some do, some go play passively, some just yolo, etc. so it definitely has an impact on the way people approach games from the very start, which without the information they would not do. 

_Boujee_ #14 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14267 battles

View Postsignal11th, on 14 February 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

The issue will be, you like XVM you see it as useful so you have a need for any anti xvm comments to be either not answered or rebuffed with logic or ignored completely because it won't fit your narrative, You will get the usual suspects (almost nearly 99% bad players) who say this doesn't happen or that doesn't happen and because you can get an advantage or toxicity from somewhere else it means we should just all ignore it because hey why not.  edit  *one just appeared*

It causes the lion share of toxicity in the game and anyone who tells you otherwise is plainly got an agenda or doesn't know what they are talking about.

I dont even use XVm my friend. Just curious about why so many hate it. But sadly, everything that I read here is pure nonsense. You had seom bad encounters and they remain in your memory, therefore you cant see the bigger picture. You are calling for bans of mods that arent harmfull and are liked by a grand sum of players.

Also, there are so many comments coming that I cant answer to everyting.

Edited by _Boujee_, 14 February 2019 - 01:29 PM.

Signal11th #15 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41545 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

I dont even use XVm my friend. just curious about why so many hate it. all I read here is pure [edited].

pure what? You say you don't use it , something I highly doubt because you open yourself up to not knowing about it, I have used it and used it for a long time and as I said because it doesn't fit your narrative my opinion is "pure ***" as you said,, We tell you why people hate it in your words "so many" and as I predicted you totally ignored or failed to rebuff the argument at all..  

You're pretty lucky Tajj and/or Jabster haven't got involved because I can only make you look a little stupid those pair can take "making someone look stupid"to a whole new level.

Edited by signal11th, 14 February 2019 - 01:36 PM.

JCD3nton #16 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25660 battles

XVM gives you an idea of what to expect from enemy players. Thanks to it you can bully an inexperienced tomato player aggressively without any worry. Same way you can avoid interacting with unicums totally. This saves your life most of the time, even lets you win games or push for draws in many late game situations. I'm not even mentioning the XVM hunting, arty focus etc. XVM works like a spy. If WoT thinks extra zoom out mod is illlegal because it gives you information, then XVM is a monster.

Edited by JCD3nton, 14 February 2019 - 01:31 PM.

seXikanac #17 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13168 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

That is standing on WG webpage for like 4 years now. Even if they implement it, that would be in the garage only

_Boujee_ #18 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14267 battles

View Postsignal11th, on 14 February 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

pure what? You say you don't use it , something I highly doubt because you open yourself up to not knowing about it,

You are fast on cutting out these insults. 

Dont call me a liar boy, XVM is not some kind of cheat that I should hide.

Edited by _Boujee_, 14 February 2019 - 01:46 PM.

Rati_Festa #19 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47490 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I was in a game about a month ago it was t9 on Sand river, the opposing side had a unicum ( I checked after ) in a Conquerer. Each team had 3 arty, one of the arty on my team called out that the Conqueror was Uni at the start and asked the other 2 arty to focus him. I spent the first 5 mins calling them XVM scum and worse :p ( probably why I got a chat ban at that time ), I actually pondered on killing the lead arty but didn't ( regret it now :) )The enemy unicum spent most of the game being battered by arty, we won the uni did about 900 dmg due to the focus.

The scrubs in arty got what they wanted.... 

XVM focus does happen. 

_Boujee_ #20 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14267 battles

View Postsignal11th, on 14 February 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

I have used it and used it for a long time and as I said because it doesn't fit your narrative my opinion is "pure ***" as you said,, We tell you why people hate it in your words "so many" and as I predicted you totally ignored or failed to rebuff the argument at all..  

You're pretty lucky Tajj and/or Jabster haven't got involved because I can only make you look a little stupid those pair can take "making someone look stupid"to a whole new level.

i see many words, letters... but what do they mean? Are you having a stroke? Maybe I should call 112?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users