XVM 101

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

Poll: XVM in WoT (257 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should XVM be banned ?

1. Yes (170 votes [66.15%])

Percentage of vote: 66.15%

2. No (87 votes [33.85%])

Percentage of vote: 33.85%

If you said yes, then why (few options i could thnk of)?

1. I got stat-shamed. (9 votes [3.50%])

Percentage of vote: 3.50%

2. I'm a purplecum who gets focused 24/7 (38 votes [14.79%])

Percentage of vote: 14.79%

3. It gives somehow an unfair advantage (86 votes [33.46%])

Percentage of vote: 33.46%

4. ??? (31 votes [12.06%])

Percentage of vote: 12.06%

5. I said NO! (93 votes [36.19%])

Percentage of vote: 36.19%

Vote Hide poll

Signal11th #21 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44155 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

You are fast on cutting out these insults. 

1st of all, dont call me a liar boy, XVM is not some kind of cheat that I should hide.

Ok, *internet hard man alert*.. I imagine you're quite young as young people are the ones that always say "boy" in some weirdly perceived way they think it makes them sound older and more wise. As I said you would you have just completely deflected any kind of argument about what you were originally going on about as predicted I shall refrain from posting anymore in this thread as you're obviously just an idiot who can't take counter argument or having your "view" changed from what you think it should be. You asked questions to which you got answers which you didn't like and you're trying to deflect and insult.

Edited by signal11th, 14 February 2019 - 01:52 PM.

Sirebellus #22 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22991 battles

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

In my entire wot adventure I have never seen such a thing, maybe its a low tier issue ? Top tier camping heavies most of the times are just bobs without XVM who have no clue about the game.

I don't really believe you have never seen this happen, there are plenty of players who say 'Tomato noobs, lost again' or similar at the start of games and then some play normally and others act like twits

Rati_Festa #23 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 49214 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

everything that I read here is pure nonsense. 

The only nonsense I see are your replies. You ask why it's hated, you get informed why its hated and then start ranting jibberish and insults at people telling you why.

Your village is missing you...

_Boujee_ #24 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14826 battles

View Postsignal11th, on 14 February 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

Ok, *internet hard man alert*.. As I said you would you have just completely deflected any kind of argument about what you were originally going on about as predicted I shall refrain from posting anymore in this thread as you're obviously just an idiot. You asked question to which you got answers which you didn't like and you're trying to deflect.

Not that I dont like these answers, I just dont agree with them. i also can ahve a right to not agree right ? If you think that everyone with diffrent opinion can be convinced to your point of view by simply sharing it with him, you are pretty naive.

After reading your last reply, I think it is indeed for the better that you refrain from posting. You sounded very mad.

P.S: calling me a 'Internet hard man' after boasting how you  make me look stupid? Ok.

12:55 Added after 2 minutes

View PostSirebellus, on 14 February 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

I don't really believe you have never seen this happen, there are plenty of players who say 'Tomato noobs, lost again' or similar at the start of games and then some play normally and others act like twits

Ofc, 'tomato noobs' comment I see maybe once or twice/month in tier 5 games but it is nothing more than name calling which happens alot outside of XVM circle? Now suicidng , I have literally never seen.

Edited by _Boujee_, 14 February 2019 - 03:16 PM.

Bora_BOOM #25 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:55 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28332 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

_Boujee_ #26 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14826 battles

View PostRati_Festa, on 14 February 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

The only nonsense I see are your replies. You ask why it's hated, you get informed why its hated and then start ranting jibberish and insults at people telling you why.

Your village is missing you...

I ask if XVM should be banned, I get dumb biases and whining in return, and you getting mad. Some people deliverd nice , calm replies that they disagree. Where did i insult anyone ?

Did someone ever miss trash like you, I guess not.

Edited by _Boujee_, 14 February 2019 - 03:11 PM.

RollingSwarm #27 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 535 battles
  • [LVTHN] LVTHN

XVM provides information to those using it that can increase their chances of winning. That information is not available to people not using XVM. Therefore, XVM provides an advantage to its users and according to WG's definitions, should be banned. [speaking as a WoT Blitz super unicum who hopes to God, that it never mainstreams there]

---

XVM sounds really useful and will help me develop good habits by following the superunis on my team and dodging/focusing (as appropriate) superunis on the enemy team. Therefore XVM should stay! [speaking as a new player to WoT PC who has absolutely no idea what is happening, where to go and how I died]

---

Point for discussion, if XVM isn't useful (for achieving game objective of winning) - why do you care if it is banned or not?

Edited by RollingSwarm, 14 February 2019 - 02:10 PM.

Rati_Festa #28 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 49214 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

I get dumb biases and whining in return

They are dumb biases and whining..... ????? Or are they clear reasons why it should be banned.

You appear to not be interested in the replies you don't agree with ( amazingly as you don't use XVM so quite hard to form an opinion ) as you have already designated the anti XVM answer as "dumb biases". You aren't really worth conversing with as you are a clueless fool, but I'll pander to your need for attention for a while.

*awaits badly thought out response*

tajj7 #29 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28151 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostRati_Festa, on 14 February 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

They are dumb biases and whining..... ????? Or are they clear reasons why it should be banned.

You appear to not be interested in the replies you don't agree with ( amazingly as you don't use XVM so quite hard to form an opinion ) as you have already designated the anti XVM answer as "dumb biases". You aren't really worth conversing with as you are a clueless fool, but I'll pander to your need for attention for a while.

*awaits badly thought out response*

This basically.

The OP seems to have an entrenched position largely based on ignorance and what I can only presume is a large denial of the reality of the game, he gets very logical reasons why XVm is bad for the game and then because he has no counter argument he spends the rest of the thread insulting people.

I agree with Signal as well, the way the guy is writing makes me think he's about 12. 

XVM is a leading cause of toxicity in game, it provides an unfair advantage and causes other things like XVM focusing and suiciding from the start based on win chance or stats etc. All of this is a given and known by people who play the game and we have seen countless examples that support this. You have to be pretty dumb, oblivious or just deliberately obtuse to deny these things and IMO the OP falls into the later category, I think he is just trolling.  

But who cares really, WG have said they are working on giving the players the ability to hide their stats or even nicknames in game so we'll see what impact that has on the XVM problem. What some angry teenager who doesn't use it thinks about it is irrelevant. 

Edited by tajj7, 14 February 2019 - 02:52 PM.

_Boujee_ #30 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14826 battles

View PostRollingSwarm, on 14 February 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

That information is not available to people not using XVM.

Again, it is, through gorillion websites like noobmeter, wotlife... Ofc, you might not be able to check out 29 players before the game starts, but by checking out the key players like arty, toptiers etc you get the idea of what you are up to.

Edited by _Boujee_, 14 February 2019 - 03:11 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #31 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 69297 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Posttajj7, on 14 February 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

But who cares really, WG have said they are working on giving the players the ability to hide their stats or even nicknames in game

How would that lst part work with the blacklist ?

_Boujee_ #32 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14826 battles

View PostRati_Festa, on 14 February 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

Or are they clear reasons why it should be banned.

One actually 2 of you claimed that XVM gave information not available to others without. When I pointed out that plenty of legal mods do that, which WG "likes", he said that he'd ban all mods (?)

-Judge, this guy called me a moron, I think he should go to jail

-Sir, we do not send people to jail for talking shite. Its against the law.

- I dont care, we should make a new law where we imprison everyone whom i dont like.

Now, maybe you get why I call it nonsense ?

Edited by _Boujee_, 14 February 2019 - 03:07 PM.

SuedKAT #33 Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Have no problem with XVM, feel free to use it all you want, it got some handy features like auto move equipment and more, in-game stats though shouldn't be available for obvious reasons, that's just stupid.

MajorSheetStainz #34 Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11703 battles
  • [KOSTA] KOSTA

I never used to use XVM and it used to get on my nerves when players used to say things like "oh great so many red players on our team we will lose" etc.

Now though I love it, I really love how it tells me my damage that I am doing, my average damage in the tank etc.

I wouldn't care if they made so players could not have their stat's shown. 

Rati_Festa #35 Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 49214 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

One actually 2 of you claimed that XVM gave information not available to others without. 

Yes and that claim is true.... as not everyone knows XVM even exists. So its not available to everyone as they play blissfully ignorant to the fact that a percentage of the player base is playing with an advantage.

So you are in the wrong to disagree with that statement.

I played 10k games without knowing it existed..... I was playing at a disadvantage unknowingly. 

Edited by Rati_Festa, 14 February 2019 - 03:19 PM.

Captain_Kremen0 #36 Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 39105 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

Oooooh XVM thread again. It's the Spanish Inquisition all over again. 

Mr Turtle did you by any chance do a tot up of XVM users and in particularly Arty like I suggested in the last XVM thread. or was it the one before. Or the one before that, Or the......ad inf-fecking-nitum.

OP - in a prev thread I asked an xvm user to tot up a rough percentage of how many other xvm users he saw in battle esp arty (you can tell- it has an x next to thier name).

Isharial #37 Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 23259 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_Boujee_, on 14 February 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

Again, it is, through gorillion websites like noobmeter, wotlife... Ofc, you might not be able to check out 29 players before the game starts, but by checking out the key players like arty, toptiers etc you get the idea of what you are up to.

why do you believe its acceptable to use 3rd party things that not everyone knows about? these things are not known by everyone, and therefore is an advantage regardless of whether *you* and 14 other's in that battle know about it or not... there's still 15 other players who don't. why do you think its acceptable to basically ruin their game?

if you have to go outside of the official client to get said information, then its an advantage over others, does not matter where.

that information, as you've said, allows you to make decisions you would not otherwise make. that, to me, sounds very much like its going against a few of the rules laid out in the EULA....

Jumping_Turtle #38 Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:35 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 69297 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 14 February 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

Mr Turtle did you by any chance do a tot up of XVM users and in particularly Arty like I suggested in the last XVM thread. or was it the one before. Or the one before that, Or the......ad inf-fecking-nitum

Nope, been playing Frontline only this week so havent done any random games at all. I will keep score from next Monday

_Boujee_ #39 Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14826 battles

View PostRati_Festa, on 14 February 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

Yes and that claim is true....

And this is where we cannot take this discussion any further, as mine (not only mine tho) opinion is contrary. In my eyes, the mere information of how good others are wont make you suddenly preform any better. 

What gives you a tremendous preformance boost are mods like tundra , destroyed objects on minimap etc.

I still disagree with arguments you wrote in favor of banning XVM, and I prolly never will, unless you come up with something really good.

Cobra6 #40 Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16506 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

XVM should be removed entirely from within battles and if you ask, most good players would agree and probably a lot of bad players as well.

XVM only promotes unhealthy focus on individual players because of a colour rather then the direct threat they pose to you team in a certain map location/area.

XVM in the garage is fine, nothing wrong with it.

Cobra 6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users