• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Send_Him_Off #1 Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9090 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Good Day Everyone!

Hope we're all having a splendid week, and maybe enjoy the sun like I am here in the UK. 

Now, the ELC EVEN 90. The tank equivalent of Marmite; you either love it or you hate it. I myself, I love it! It's fast, small and has a fantastic camo value. I've trained up a 4 skill crew and am reaping the benefits of the money it can earn. So, I can hear you asking, why am I posting on the forums; to say I love the tank? No dear Sirs and Ladies. It's because the 3 points above are the only good things about this tank. Everything else, is either average or poor. 

My problem is its gun, even for a light tank that weighs little more than 3 regular cars, is incredibly unstable. It's an auto loader, it has its good and bad points. Therefore I don't really see it as a 'benefit'. But with an intraclip reload of 2.5 seconds and a clip reload of about 25 seconds, it's near unuseable. Just for 660 damage of low velocity, low penetration AP rounds, you've got to hang around for 5 seconds after firing the first shot. The AMX 13 57, has 10 rounds, 1-second intraclip reload, half the clip reload and about 200 more clip potential all at tier 7. 

I can use the tank as is, but you've got things like the LT-432 running about, 99% of the time you won't win and sort of 1v1. 

Cutting this short because I'm at "work" apparently, I've got things to do according to some guy in a tie. Pfft.

I'm mainly asking those who have the tank and have experience using it, not those who get put against it. How do you find it? Share your opinions, please! Thank you. 

TLDR : ELC EVEN 90, does it suck?

Cobra6 #2 Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16458 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

The ELC EVEN 90 is not a bad light, it's just far from competitive.

Like it or hate it, but the only way to win in WoT in 99,9% of the cases is by removing the health of enemy tanks. For this you either need to do spotting damage or actual damage.

Spotting damage means you have to rely on team-mates, which are generally unreliable.

So, to have the most direct influence on the matches you play in, you need to do as much damage yourself as possible and for this, the EVEN90 is among the worst lights on tier 8.

- It has atrocious gunhandling for a light tank, for it's penetration and for it's alpha.

- It has criminally low DPM meaning it's uncompetitive against anything it meets.

- It accelerates like as the Titanic on a shingle beach.

- Every piece of scenery stops it in it's tracks and it's sluggish up hill.

As good points:

- It has great camo.

- It is small.

Neither of the good points will ultimately win you matches, it only means you are effective at defensive tactics like hiding and running away while the only way to win matches is to be offensive.

====

Don't get me wrong, playing the EVEN90 can certainly be fun and I'm doing well in it statistically but it's not a competitive vehicle compared to other tier 8's which by themselves are already the among the least competitive class from tier 8 upwards.

The EVEN90 needs 3 of the 4 following points to become competitive:

- 240 alpha instead of 220.

- Improved gun-handling.

- DPM raised to between 1600-1700 base, still lower then most single shot T8 lights.

- Slightly more horsepower in the engine to give it a better power to weight.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 15 February 2019 - 02:23 PM.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69273 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I love the ELC 90. But it's not without its flaws. It's one of the best passive and active scouts around. But not a great tank for LT counters or even taking out more than one SPG etc. As pointed out above, it has 220 alpha. That's 20 less than even the tier 5 ELC. SP1C at tier 7 had a 3 round clip with basically the same MM. He had 240 alpha with a shorter reload. With BIA and vents he was at just under 19 seconds with 1700 DPM. He was not broken or overpowered with the old scout MM. But unlike the ELC he was way slower getting to speed etc vs any light. But still a great passive scout as it once he got there.

The 2nd worst part about it is when you have to run and there is a small fence or a bush in the way. Every small item he hits spots the speed down to below 20 km/h. So you need to plan your route when doing hit and runs so you don't hit anything.

I know many say it's broken and OP.... in terms of being a scout. But in terms of it's own survival. It could do with some buffs. Buffing the gun to 240 alpha alone would make a world of difference. 

azakow #4 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79243 battles

I use mine as a crew trainer.

Here my crew and module setup:

Spoiler

Same as the above replies, the gun handling is "sub optimal" at best, when stationary.

Switching to auto aim when shooting on the move deliviers surprisingly good results. I was able to improve my hit rate with such.

It's size and foot print offers lots of position for spotting. The smallest of them bushes will serve as proper cover.

Driving requires special care at the keyboard, i.e. stopping on down hill slopes will make you tip over and nobody will be able to turn you back in your tracks.

I see it rather as a challenge than sucking. Mind I am a masochistic LT enthusiast.

More to read about here: http://forum.worldof...05-elc-even-90/

Edited by azakow, 15 February 2019 - 10:52 PM.

PowJay #5 Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37689 battles

Considering that I am anything but the best light tank driver- by a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way, I like the Even 90.

Since the big LT overhaul, I have sold a few LTs including (for definite) the Bulldog and LTTB which I was enjoying before the big fk up. My most-played vehicle is the AMX 13 90, but this is ONLY because of PMs- which I have still not finished in Campaign 1. If it wasn't for missions, I doubt I would play it at all except when I fancied a change.

So imagine how I felt when I rented the ELC Even 90. I am not sure that I even rented it deliberately. Certainly one of the coded rentals turned up in my garage one day, but it might have been the Skorp. I actually enjoyed it so much that I bought it in the Advent Calendar offer. And I haven't played it since I bought it! :D

These are my WoTLabs stats in it. Plus from WoT itself, average assistance is 1098 HP/battle. Maximum damage 2386 HP and 3 kills record. I have my third skill AMX 13 90 crew with BIA, Concealment, 6th Sense, Situational Awareness, Snap shot and Smooth Ride. Third skill currently close to 90%. Clearly I have a way to go, but I hope to at least maintain a positive win rate. It would be nice.

SuedKAT #6 Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Been using it a lot in FL to cap bases, it's so tiny that it fits behind stuff other tanks would dream of hiding behind, it's a fun tank but as others have pointed out it's not without it's flaws and in this case they are quite severe.

TankkiPoju #7 Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21997 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

All these valid points can be easily overrun by WG's logic.

If a light tank isn't Russian, it's not allowed to have firepower and armor.

gpalsson #8 Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:06 AM

General

• Player
  • 23930 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I like mine. It's fun to play on open maps. Sadly 2/3 of maps are tiny corridors where the size and camo doesn't matter at all and it is reduced to a tank with a bad gun.

OMG_Abaddon #9 Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11513 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

ELC EVEN 90 is fine as it is IMHO.

Compared to B-C 12t (its non-premium competition) it has better burst damage over time (1 less second and deals only 20 less damage for a full clip), slightly better penetration and similar dispersion. This alone for the gun is perfectly fine, and you should only shoot from a set-up position, not on the move. It has -9º which is incredible and allows you to work ridges with such a slim size you'll dominate them, whereas B-C 12t has -6º so it can't play there. You also win protracted battles as your potential damage is much better.

Now on to the issues, first of all this tank is a bit more sluggish, but still achieves 70 km/h, so you can start the match and capitalize on those early objectives, with your massive camo and short height you can take any bush and passive spot the hell out of it better than any other light in its tier or below.

Second, your armor is non-existent, literally everyone overmatches you so any hit not absorbed by tracks means full damage to the face. This has to be compensated by playing defensively.

Third, your DPM is terrible, so you should only use your gun when necessary.

I personally see this tank as a great scout both passive and active, I would never play it as a support flanker or anything that involves shooting, now if it had a more powerful gun it would eclipse all the other tanks which are bigger, harder to scout with, and overall would make the premium tank yet another OP one.

By the way, 13 57 has 8 bullets, not 10, and it's meant to deal damage because mobility is trash.

TL;DR: This tank is a scout, not a DPM machine.

azakow #10 Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79243 battles

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 16 February 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

ELC EVEN 90 is fine as it is IMHO.

Compared to B-C 12t (its non-premium competition) it has better burst damage over time (1 less second and deals only 20 less damage for a full clip), slightly better penetration and similar dispersion. This alone for the gun is perfectly fine, and you should only shoot from a set-up position, not on the move. It has -9º which is incredible and allows you to work ridges with such a slim size you'll dominate them, whereas B-C 12t has -6º so it can't play there. You also win protracted battles as your potential damage is much better.

Now on to the issues, first of all this tank is a bit more sluggish, but still achieves 70 km/h, so you can start the match and capitalize on those early objectives, with your massive camo and short height you can take any bush and passive spot the hell out of it better than any other light in its tier or below.

Second, your armor is non-existent, literally everyone overmatches you so any hit not absorbed by tracks means full damage to the face. This has to be compensated by playing defensively.

Third, your DPM is terrible, so you should only use your gun when necessary.

I personally see this tank as a great scout both passive and active, I would never play it as a support flanker or anything that involves shooting, now if it had a more powerful gun it would eclipse all the other tanks which are bigger, harder to scout with, and overall would make the premium tank yet another OP one.

By the way, 13 57 has 8 bullets, not 10, and it's meant to deal damage because mobility is trash.

TL;DR: This tank is a scout, not a DPM machine.

Do you really know what you are talking about?

I am asking, becasue your service record does not show any trace of ELC EVEN 90, Moreover "working" ridge lines and "domination" do not sound much like ELC EVEN battle expericnes.

But hey, you might have an alt account or "friend" that has told you about it.

Just to remind you about the topic here:

View PostSend_Him_Off, on 15 February 2019 - 02:11 PM, said:

I'm mainly asking those who have the tank and have experience using it, not those who get put against it. How do you find it? Share your opinions, please! Thank you.

:)

vasilinhorulezz #11 Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22874 battles

It's no good either.

Anyway...

On a serous note, except camo (and maybe size) there's nothing that goes with it.

Mobility: It is fast in a straight line, that's it. It bleeds speed like crazy when turning or hitting objects and it's pretty bad on soft terrain.

View range: At least it's on par with other tier 8 lights.

Firepower: Probably the worst gun on it's tier. 3 shell auto loader with 220 damage instead of the standard 240 for 90mm guns, bad penetration, both standard and pre... sorry, special,

and the worst shell velocity ever. And I didn't even mentioned aim time and accuracy.

Armor: It's a non Russian light tank, there isn't any.

LordMuffin #12 Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50000 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 16 February 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

It's no good either.

Anyway...

On a serous note, except camo (and maybe size) there's nothing that goes with it.

Mobility: It is fast in a straight line, that's it. It bleeds speed like crazy when turning or hitting objects and it's pretty bad on soft terrain.

View range: At least it's on par with other tier 8 lights.

Firepower: Probably the worst gun on it's tier. 3 shell auto loader with 220 damage instead of the standard 240 for 90mm guns, bad penetration, both standard and pre... sorry, special,

and the worst shell velocity ever. And I didn't even mentioned aim time and accuracy.

Armor: It's a non Russian light tank, there isn't any.

Size and camo are the reason the even 90 performs on par with expected results or slightly above for most players.

The small size is a big benefit, I would happily trade away 7/8's+ of my Bulldog 90 GF size for 500-700dpm.

Size is also one of the reasons so the LT-432 performs above expected results for most playerszone combined with camo.

Size is an important feature which I think often is overlooked.

The Bulldog 90 GF for example performs as expected or slightly below for all players. Despite a decent gun and decent mobility.

That tank has issues, it is huge, it has so-so/bad camo (my T-44-100 will have better camo when standing still when all crewmembers are camo-trained, and a bit worse camo while driving).

zlaja031 #13 Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9560 battles

One trick pony. CAMO.

Everything else is crap and this tank isn't worth the money. 

If it was more powerful it would be something, currently, it's a slug without anything but camo. We all know how much camo and passive spot is useful :trollface:

Welcome to corridor HT meta. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users