• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Pixel91 #1 Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7864 battles
  • [KYA] KYA

Hi guys,

So, for a very, very long time, artillery has been ignored, and let to do its job, which is ruining the fun aspect of my games...

I roll out in an IS3-A, and suddenly, I get @1050 damage by enemy artillery, my tracks and engine are down, and my commander is dead, besides the 15s stun, from all across the map, by an enemy I have no chance of seeing. 

Artillery is overpowered in my opinion, and here's why:

1. It never needs to expose itself, as all tanks need to do.

2. It has higher chances of penetration from above, where the armor is the weakest, since it curves the shots from 1 mile away.

3. Its damage is incredibly high, considering it doesn't need to take any risk to deal it.

4. Its stun is incredibly overwhelming, since it makes your tank pretty much useless.

5. It destroys way too many modules at once, rendering the tank to less than stock.

6. It kills way too many crew members, at once, which again, makes the tank pretty much useless.

Now combine all that, and tell me its fair because it doesn't have mobility and armor.

So, how about we not so much as nerf it, but change it?

Lets simply nerf the damage it's able to push, reduce the time you get stunned, limit the crew and module damage, to one or the other, and give it some different ammo?

Armored Warfare has the right ideas in the ammo department.

Give it a smokescreen, just like you have in front line, and hell, limit the amount of smoke screens you can carry if you want. 

Give it a flare gun ammo or something, to spot the enemy.

Give it some sort of radio jammer ammo or something, to stop the spotter from being able to communicate the enemies location to its allies while it's under that effect. 

Anything, but for god sake please, please, nerf this OP animal that deals incredibly high damage...ESPECIALLY since you guys put 3 of them in the same damn game, AND allow one of them to be top tier for some reason, as if all of the above isn't reason enough to implement an option to NOT join games that have artillery in them, just like some disable grand battles and encounter from the settings...

mjs_89 #2 Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8556 battles
  • [95137] 95137
IS-3A drivers deserve every arty shell they get and probably some more...

Laatikkomafia #3 Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:46 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmjs_89, on 15 February 2019 - 08:30 PM, said:

No tank should be balanced around the fact that a whole broken class exists.

Pixel91 #4 Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7864 battles
  • [KYA] KYA

View Postmjs_89, on 15 February 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

Not sure why you'd think that, I honestly barely penetrate anything with my IS3-A unless I fire HEAT, my armor sucks, my mobility sucks. The only thing I have that's worth the tank is the auto-reloading mechanics, so that if I am lucky enough to find a medium/light tank, I might be able to ram 1k damage from its behind.

All things aside, this is intended as a serious topic. What I've described above is not only in my IS3-A, it's in all my heavy tanks...

Ridone14 #5 Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1901 battles

Hello,

This topic has been closed due to not being in correct section.

Please, share your thoughts in the SPG thread section from the link below:

http://forum.worldof...cussion-thread/

Ridone14

Also tagged with Arty, Artillery, Nerf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users