Jump to content


The defender side in Frontline is unbalanced

defender defense defender side Frontline unbalanced why?

  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Misha_is_the_best #1 Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:24 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11101 battles
  • 29
  • [VSOS] VSOS
  • Member since:
    11-05-2016
The defender side is just so stupid to play on. I wouldnt doubt if i would have a 0 percent win ratio on it ( ive also played last time the Frontline mode was) and a 100 percent win ration on the attacker side. it just seems like the attackers have idiot proof time to win. Ive literaly never managed to win on the defender side. WG pls nerf the time

OMG_Abaddon #2 Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11513 battles
  • 710
  • [BDCP] BDCP
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011
You're doing something wrong then, because defense is far from hard. Maybe you are one of those people who play deathmatch and, when no tanks are on sight, capture the base?

1ucky #3 Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 78694 battles
  • 1,140
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

Well, either way it's a team effort.

 

If it really bothers you a lot, you could try platooning, maybe that helps.

 

#Coordination



shikaka9 #4 Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:43 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 65273 battles
  • 303
  • [SWM] SWM
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
Imagine both sides balanced, how attackers then will reach objectives? .. 

falcon_96 #5 Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:12 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23989 battles
  • 431
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012
The team with better map awareness wins.  There was that one game i lost because half of the team was camping on C waiting to kill the few tanks there while the other zones were lost and that part of us with working brains tried to def the turrets.
The cases where the attacking team loses are a result of overeagerness to go for the turrets, if the portion of the team on, say A does great, and caps A, and then rush caps D before the enemy can reorganize, the correct thing to do is to turn and help B line not go for the turrets, creating local superiority can help immeasurably not just on the contested zone, some of the defending players you destroy may not have another tank to spawn in for minutes or spawn on another lane which makes it easier to cap the next zone.

In short, a defending team players have to look periodically at the map and their team lists, there is no point in sitting on a zone vs 4 enemy tanks on it while another zone is facing overwhelming attack. And an attacking team player should strive to create such overwhelming attacks(again,the team list is your friend, USE IT), if they have 12 guys on D, that means E and F have 18 tanks between them at best.

JocMeister #6 Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:34 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 25843 battles
  • 2,429
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

Just won a game on pretty much walkover as the defenders where so busy spawraping A they missed the fact that they lost every other sector up to the objectives. Funny thing is people seem to have map awareness when it comes to spawnraping... Lots of people moved over from the adjoining sector to participate in the spawnraping. Victory in 12 mins.

 

Also lost one in the same way being on the Defending side. 80% of the team just ignores everything that happens on the map to join in the spawnraping...Amazing play.

 

PS. I bloody hate being on the Defending side. Too much RNG as you need active attackers in your sector in order to do something.



snowlywhite #7 Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:42 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20381 battles
  • 324
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018

after 39 games:26-13 attackers/defenders. Balance, kappa.

 

mines encounter or ruinberg are examples of map design compared with this...



wremise #8 Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 50550 battles
  • 976
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-29-2011

The Defenders lose more? Of course!

 

And its not something like a stupid mapdesign, its clearly the fault of the Players.

The new attack tactic for "A" is to simply rush the cap and kill these ~2 Tanks on the left flank. Meanwhile all the great players of the defending team goes to the sniping-ridge on the 8 Line and cant do shiet. The same goes on at the other flanks. The great Defense team is camps on OP defence Positions, ... meanwhile their zone gets capped....



snowlywhite #9 Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:12 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20381 battles
  • 324
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018
yes rommel; when win-lose ratio is 2:1, we definitely need a tactical genius like you to explain us how the map should be played

HaZardeur #10 Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 35433 battles
  • 1,428
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010
*edited*  

Edited by Jahpero, 20 February 2019 - 11:13 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


XxKuzkina_MatxX #11 Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:22 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 53179 battles
  • 3,097
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View Postwremise, on 16 February 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

The Defenders lose more? Of course!

 

And its not something like a stupid mapdesign, its clearly the fault of the Players.

The new attack tactic for "A" is to simply rush the cap and kill these ~2 Tanks on the left flank. Meanwhile all the great players of the defending team goes to the sniping-ridge on the 8 Line and cant do shiet. The same goes on at the other flanks. The great Defense team is camps on OP defence Positions, ... meanwhile their zone gets capped....

 

Interesting!

 

While this is the case most of the time, i think the map design also is not ideal for the defenders trying to force a more dynamic game play. Didn't play the map enough myself to know the difference in each sector but that's definitely a good transition from most of the maps in randoms where camping specific locations locks the map completely.



Dorander #12 Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:34 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 19122 battles
  • 3,892
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostJocMeister, on 16 February 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

Just won a game on pretty much walkover as the defenders where so busy spawraping A they missed the fact that they lost every other sector up to the objectives. Funny thing is people seem to have map awareness when it comes to spawnraping... Lots of people moved over from the adjoining sector to participate in the spawnraping. Victory in 12 mins.

 

Also lost one in the same way being on the Defending side. 80% of the team just ignores everything that happens on the map to join in the spawnraping...Amazing play.

 

PS. I bloody hate being on the Defending side. Too much RNG as you need active attackers in your sector in order to do something.

 

This is pretty much why defenders lose so much. It's little to do with map balance. While it has been made easier for attackers in some situations, some positions are clearly harder, easy examples are the hard cover locations in B and F cap circles changed. Even with spots like that in the original version, defending used to be way easier than attacking.

 

The difference in results comes from a difference in objectives: defenders need to kill attacking tanks as a primary function, attacking tanks need to cap and shoot objectives as a primary function. That means ninjacaps and sneaking a fast tank behind enemy lines to ninja an objective before the defenders (can) respond is a viable tactic. However it's the defender's fault for not keeping eyes on the map and the objective hitpoints. They stay where they are, waiting for attackers to drive into a fortified position and superior numbers, while attackers who have died there respawn on flanks where the defenders are weak.

 

If you want effective defense you need mobility and the ability to realize you can check the number of players on your flank and probably need to reinforce a weak position, rather than camp a strong one. You need to realize that holding J and respawning on the other end of the map is a faster and more effective way of redeploying to defend a flank than driving or even sitting there. That's what attackers do after death, redeploy and probe what's probably a weak point. I know that somebody's going to complain that if they do that they might die, well, yup, that's a real possibility. But you either fight to defend where the enemy is actually attacking or you lose the game.



Shacou #13 Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21471 battles
  • 850
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011
Funny, i've lost all games where i attacked.

Bordhaw #14 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:34 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 13339 battles
  • 3,440
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostMisha_is_the_best, on 16 February 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

The defender side is just so stupid to play on. I wouldnt doubt if i would have a 0 percent win ratio on it ( ive also played last time the Frontline mode was) and a 100 percent win ration on the attacker side. it just seems like the attackers have idiot proof time to win. Ive literaly never managed to win on the defender side. WG pls nerf the time

 

Could be worse.. you could be on the attacking team and they all defend and not attack. 

LordMuffin #15 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 50000 battles
  • 12,075
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011
I dislike defending, won some defending game without losing a single area.
So nowdays if I defend, I let enemy cap if the time is running out and I am not at least Major rank.

Attacking is way more fun.

Cossu2 #16 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:47 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 33564 battles
  • 97
  • [T6L] T6L
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016
You dont get the game mechanics. It doesnt matter if you lose or win... Money is guarantered. Just set trackhit to 100% and leave ammorack and fueltank aim to 0%. You`ll make good profit in every game.

Misha_is_the_best #17 Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:05 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11101 battles
  • 29
  • [VSOS] VSOS
  • Member since:
    11-05-2016

View PostHaZardeur, on 16 February 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

*edited*  

U are probably someone that writes something like this on every forum



OreH75 #18 Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:26 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 50594 battles
  • 2,701
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013

View PostMisha_is_the_best, on 16 February 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

The defender side is just so stupid to play on. I wouldnt doubt if i would have a 0 percent win ratio on it ( ive also played last time the Frontline mode was) and a 100 percent win ration on the attacker side. it just seems like the attackers have idiot proof time to win. Ive literaly never managed to win on the defender side. WG pls nerf the time

 

It is historically accurate the attackers in Normandy won, so well done one that one for WG.

 



evilchaosmonkey #19 Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:07 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17374 battles
  • 1,895
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

It is as pointed out above, all down to map awareness - but if you're not dead and are stomping tanks then why should you move or suicide from the sector you're in?

No idea how to solve that one.

 

The caps aren't balanced and neither are the guns:

 

A is easy to attack, D is easy to attack.  

B is easy to defend. E is easy to attack. 

C is easy to attack. F is easy to defend.

 

An idea, perhaps make A,B & C easy to attack but D, E & F much harder. 

That way you could get further inside the map (to stop frustration) and allow free movement between the zones (and flanking) to assist either in attack or defence.



Stalpanter #20 Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:46 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7746 battles
  • 363
  • Member since:
    03-21-2014

View PostOreH75, on 19 February 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

View PostMisha_is_the_best, on 16 February 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

The defender side is just so stupid to play on. I wouldnt doubt if i would have a 0 percent win ratio on it ( ive also played last time the Frontline mode was) and a 100 percent win ration on the attacker side. it just seems like the attackers have idiot proof time to win. Ive literaly never managed to win on the defender side. WG pls nerf the time

 

It is historically accurate the attackers in Normandy won, so well done one that one for WG.

 

 

Yes with 5 times more troops and air planes. Historically, in wars you needed 3 times more troops to attack defeding enemy https://en.wikipedia...e_concentration

 

But in this game, its 1:1 (30 vs 30). But whatever, its only a game. Just play and enjoy.:)


Edited by Stalpanter, 19 February 2019 - 11:46 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users